What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    > @chrisedallen89 said:
    > ryan218 wrote: »
    >
    > OOC: I hate to nitpick, but didn't Data and Picard specifically say that when Data flooded Engineering with warp plasma, it would dissolve all organic matter, including most of the Queen's body?
    >
    > *Sam looks at Reynolds.*
    >
    > Sam: How big a threat are they?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > *OOC: True the organic matter, but not the hard ware, given it was inert when retrieved. Getting organic material wouldn't be that difficult. Especially given the Elibisi harvesting talents 20 years ago..*
    >
    > Reynolds: Its hard to say. If they are contained on the planet and in the compound we are willing to turn it into a crater. If they have ships it could be a problem.

OOC: True, but if you'll pardon my McCoy, 'her brain is gone!'. Where did they get the [I]software[/I] ?

Sam: May I suggest cratering it now?

*Compound. The Doctor helps cover them, before looking them over.*

Doctor: Does anyone need medical attention?
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Corvus: so tell me you knew the Borg where here didn’t you?

Meanwhile

Osman is wrapping up a sector meeting as atlas appears.

Osman: what is it now.

Atlas: before I tell you I may or may not have been listening to a encrypted and secure conversation when I heard this.

Osman: what now

Atlas: the Borg have been spotted on east.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,280 Arc User
    *Susan tries headbutting her to get out*

OoC: Is something going on that Karn should be there for? Irl has been getting in the way so I'm not sure if the federation is needing him to represent it at the moment
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    westx211 wrote: »

OoC: Is something going on that Karn should be there for? Irl has been getting in the way so I'm not sure if the federation is needing him to represent it at the moment

OOC: Basically, Sam is approaching the Federation for help with Free Delta. Starfleet's already agreed to send a fleet, but realistically that would probably require Karn's consent - not to mention Sam will want to agree the terms of the intervention.

Also, typically a Boston crab has the defender face down and the attacker almost sitting on their back in the opposite direction, so Susan wouldn't be able to headbutt Karen at all, but she could try to use her arms to push up and flip out.
    *Susan tries to flip out with all of her might*

OoC: Makes sense. Was worried I missed something
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ryan218 wrote: »
    > @chrisedallen89 said:
    > ryan218 wrote: »
    >
    > OOC: I hate to nitpick, but didn't Data and Picard specifically say that when Data flooded Engineering with warp plasma, it would dissolve all organic matter, including most of the Queen's body?
    >
    > *Sam looks at Reynolds.*
    >
    > Sam: How big a threat are they?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > *OOC: True the organic matter, but not the hard ware, given it was inert when retrieved. Getting organic material wouldn't be that difficult. Especially given the Elibisi harvesting talents 20 years ago..*
    >
    > Reynolds: Its hard to say. If they are contained on the planet and in the compound we are willing to turn it into a crater. If they have ships it could be a problem.

OOC: True, but if you'll pardon my McCoy, 'her brain is gone!'. Where did they get the software ?

Sam: May I suggest cratering it now?

*Compound. The Doctor helps cover them, before looking them over.*

Doctor: Does anyone need medical attention?

*OOC: Who said its "Software" not complete hardware under the skin. She isn't so much a completely part organic much like the other dead drones. *

Reynolds: Terry's away team right now is at the complex, I think they might be the reason we know of them now.

*The team is getting on the vehicle... and Sia sees the scouts that were out there among the drones. She is aghast at the site.*

*Terry leaping onside.*

Terry: Might want to give us a once over Doctor.. son..

James Jr: Yes?

Terry: Get us out of here, we will talk about why you came here.

James Jr: Yes sir.

*He accellerates and flattens another drone. *

*Terry is operating a communicater... watching the distance..*

Terry: I just hope the ship is ready for this part.

*There is a rumble over head as they see the Enterprise overhead darkening the sky in every direction for 3 miles. Soon the transport is beamed aboard... *

Terry: *Looking at Corvus* No I did not consider that the Elibisi would use her as a focal point to hijack the hive, there is also the problem with the Queen... She is only the Elibisi access port of sorts, with them gone she is still not fully functional. Hence why Decanus returned. If she was we would be in more trouble. We still need to bomb the area and be sure that we have cleared her out. We do not need an infestation.

OOC: Basically, Sam is approaching the Federation for help with Free Delta. Starfleet's already agreed to send a fleet, but realistically that would probably require Karn's consent - not to mention Sam will want to agree the terms of the intervention.

Also, typically a Boston crab has the defender face down and the attacker almost sitting on their back in the opposite direction, so Susan wouldn't be able to headbutt Karen at all, but she could try to use her arms to push up and flip out.

*OOC: Yeah I would say its time for Karn... to give the final approval. Admiral Reynolds can only do so much.*
    Ooc: just so I know how to proceed did the enterprise beam up Corvus and Massi as well or terry’s group. Doesn’t matter to me either way just so I know how to have them respond.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    *Susan tries to flip out with all of her might*

OoC: Makes sense. Was worried I missed something

*She succeeds, Karen getting into a stance, panting with beads of sweat on her forehead.*

Karen: Had enough?
    Susan: Was about to ask you the same thing...

Karen *panting*: You kidding? *She tucks some hair behind her ear and puts up her guard.*

I was just getting warmed up...!

*She spears into Susan as the round approaches its end.*
    Janeway is in his ready room listening to some classical music loudly as his door chimes. He reaches over to pause it before speaking.

Janeway: enter.

A Romulan officer in a tactical uniform enters.

Janeway: commander whenever you come in like this that means something bad is going to happen.

Novak: sir we have just received word that the Borg have been spotted on earth.

Janeway: confirmed sighting?

Novak: yes it was by a starfleet team.

Janeway: I see. Thoughts.

Novak: the Cairo could be there in a few hours.

Janeway: are any ships in range?

Novak: the enterprise is on location now.

Janeway: monitor the situation if something changes let me know.
    logang19 wrote: »
    Ooc: just so I know how to proceed did the enterprise beam up Corvus and Massi as well or terry’s group. Doesn’t matter to me either way just so I know how to have them respond.

*OOC: They have.*

*Wade on the bridge orders the ship to ascend then enter bombing range as the away team is being checked. *

Falli: Doctor I found something interesting on these drones, Had to take a sample to examine.

*Terry hands him another component...*

Terry: It seems you were correct in your assumption. These Borg have knowledge of your people too.

Falli: I know, I am surprised the vats were not seen.

*James Jr and Ghani are away from them...*

Ghani: Why did you leave the camp?

James Jr: I... don't think you want to know.

Ghani: James... Do not do that. What is it?

James Jr: I saw the Borg, but something was strange I could not place the hallway or the scene from my head.

Ghani: Premonition?

James Jr: *snorts* It can't be though..

Ghani: Any reason?

James Jr: I don't know things are not making any sense.

Ghani: *She tries to continue the conversation...*

James Jr: I am still amazed that you could not hit a Borg..

Ghani: *her mouth straightens and she hits him gently..*

James Jr: Don't worry I won't tell anyone.

*He kisses her stunning her, and stopping her retort. *

* Casval letting a nurse scan him before letting him go and head to the bridge.*

*Wade on the bridge orders the ship to ascend then enter bombing range as the away team is being checked. *

Falli: Doctor I found something interesting on these drones, Had to take a sample to examine.

Terry: It seems you were correct in your assumption. These Borg have knowledge of your people too.

James Jr: I saw the Borg, but something was strange I could not place the hallway or the scene from my head.

* Casval letting a nurse scan him before letting him go and head to the bridge.*

*The Doctor examines the drone.*

Doctor: The technology is a crude amalgam of old Borg technology, Eblisi technology, and Starfleet equipment. Likely whatever they could scavenge to keep their implants functional.

Curious. Usually, Borg corpses self-destruct upon death. It may have been damaged from years of neglect.

Security: Possibly. If it's all the same to you, I'd still like to flush it out the airlock.

Doctor: It's not an immediate danger, commander.

Security: Yet.
    Corvus is off to the side with Massi while they have a moment while starfleet is busy.

Corvus: I want you to keep an eye open while you can. We don’t know how soon or when we will need to make a get away. For now cooperate.

Massi: yes sir.

Karen *panting*: You kidding? *She tucks some hair behind her ear and puts up her guard.*

*Susan struggles and just holds her back trying to buy time*

*Susan struggles and just holds her back trying to buy time*

*She succeeds, Karen struggling fiercely for a moment before the bell rings. The two return to their corners, Karen looking exhausted.*

*The Doctor examines the drone.*

Doctor: The technology is a crude amalgam of old Borg technology, Eblisi technology, and Starfleet equipment. Likely whatever they could scavenge to keep their implants functional.

Curious. Usually, Borg corpses self-destruct upon death. It may have been damaged from years of neglect.

Security: Possibly. If it's all the same to you, I'd still like to flush it out the airlock.

Doctor: It's not an immediate danger, commander.

Security: Yet.

*Falli starts cutting into the head, knowing what to look for. *

Falli: Interesting this drone... has an interesting bit inside of him much akin to that device Terry yanked out. My people had always been curious about odd technology... This I do recognize despite the Borg additions, look familiar? Seems Starfleet came across it when they took in what was left of my people and held it in the vault.

*He shows them both to the doctor... *

I need my lab if I am going to do a complete work up... Doctor how would you like an exploratory on a drone?

*He looks to Security*

Of course you can flush it out the airlock when we are done.

*On the other side of the room Ghani grabs James Jr. by the arm and takes him out of view. *

Ghani: I.. Look..

James Jr: What?

Ghani: I can't do this with you right now. Your still under my care.

James Jr: I can see how that could be tricky.

Ghani: At least there is some ethical restraint. *She curses in her native tongue.* Not to mention your still...

James Jr: *Thinks about it some. * Perhaps your right. Might have been a touch to soon.

Ghani: Does not mean I am saying no. Just not right now. Give yourself some time.

James Jr: *sighing* Alright... at least its not a rejection deal.

Ghani: What do you mean?

James Jr: Think I succeed in one go? No. Everyone time I succeed I have a string of drinks to the face, disgusted looks, or a kick to the gibblets.

Ghani: *smirking* Well at least they have some kind of standards. Though that kick to the groin is a story your going to have to tell me about. Its a pretty explicit example.

James Jr: *laughing some* Can't get anything past you.

*His father's look he can feel as he is assigning Marshall and Sia to quarters and armed protection. *

Terry: Jim... I need you to head back to your quarters and rest. We will talk about why you violated my orders later.

James Jr: Yes sir... There was a reason for it sir, I just do not know how to explain it.

Terry: Then you will find time in your quarters. Counselor accompany my son back to his quarters.

Ghani: Yes sir..

*Terry looks to Corvus. *

Terry: So.. Tell me what is your plan here... kill me and my sons?
    *The Enterprise enters orbit once again and locks on to the devices Terry placed down. *

Sasha: Weapons locked..

Alvin: loading ordinance... Ready to fire on your command Captain..

*Wade looks at the viewscreen.*

Wade: Fire. Put this Queen back into the dirt.

*The Enterprise fires a set of Photon torpedoes and they level the Command structure and the grounds Starfleet had there... The Borg presence is soon stamped out again.*
    Corvus: you are not my target nor your children from this reality. But that one is. He may not be the leader of the empire now but his family is responsible for many acts.

It’s clear his has been hurt greatly by the empire. Not only did they kill his family for helping lead the VGA against them they are also responsible for his own bodily injuries as well.

Ooc: may be interesting to have make it so that him and marshal where originally friends and then he was betrayed or something similar by him.
    Corvus: you are not my target nor your children from this reality. But that one is. He may not be the leader of the empire now but his family is responsible for many acts.

It’s clear his has been hurt greatly by the empire. Not only did they kill his family for helping lead the VGA against them they are also responsible for his own bodily injuries as well.

Ooc: may be interesting to have make it so that him and marshal where originally friends and then he was betrayed or something similar by him.

*Terry looks at this human, justifiable rage. *

Terry: Many acts hmm. I knew my counterpart was ruthless in his conquest but it was also necessary... Was the boy responsible for any of it? As I recall the last time I know of was dealing with a Regeant... I am afraid claiming your vengeance, would be inadvisable.

*OOC: I would say foolishly naive perhaps... was not aware of things.*
    *Susan is also tired and trying to recover*

Susan: Damn she is going all out.
    Corvus: for now perhaps we shall see.
    Daya: I think she was hoping to finish second round.

You okay?

*Karen slowly lowers to the floor, trying to catch her breath, but she's having trouble keeping her eyes open as the adrenaline wears off.*
    Novak is in the Cairo’s currently unused war center. A place he can work in peace away from the bridge. He has a stack of padds out reading the many reports and encounters of the Borg and had also started studying the undine as to him a war with them was all but assured at this point.
    *OOC: Time to move the plot forward...*

*Marshall is surprised to see Corvus again, and wondering why he looks the way he does. But before he can ask he is escorted out to his quarters... with a full security detail.*

Marshall: Wait... I want to speak with...

Security: Move along sir... The Admiral has given his orders.

*They take escort him out of the room, and Corvus has a wonder why Marshall is shocked... *

*James Jr and Ghani find themselves back in James' quarters.*

Ghani: Why did you go off on your own?

James Jr: I dunno how I can explain it... but the coma I was in was not a typical one. Seems it was also a sort of out of body experience. Things I saw were not my memories, it was people I recognized to some degree and others I did not recognize at all.

Ghani: Usually that Experience on its own would indicate...

James Jr: It wasn't though.. I saw the desert of your homeworld, and its worms. I saw both battles at Celes IV. The battle at Vega colony in 2409... All kinds of things... and they all happened.

Ghani: Okay... what else did you see?

James Jr: I saw someone that I did not recognize in the family tree. I dunno why but I am getting the feeling I need to know.

Ghani: I am pretty sure we have a database.

James Jr: Its a place to start. *He shifts his terminal and looks at Ghani, and tries to think about something else.*

*Terry returns to the bridge... Wade gets up.*

Terry: Have the Borg been dealt with?

Wade: So far we are detecting nothing in that area. There could be other drones in the ruins of the city however...

Terry: I don't think so. The chamber had no other exits.. I could find but give order to the arriving vessels to continue bombing San Fransisco. Leave nothing for the Borg to assimilate.

*Out in orbit the diverted vessels arrive with orders to assist the Enterprise in cleaning up the Borg. *

Casval: Sir.. Admiral Reynolds and the Federation president on the comm.
    *Falli and the Doctor are in his lab with the drone and the part retrieved from the vault. Falli is analyzing what the sensors are picking up. *

Falli: Doctor, cranial ridge on the right by the cortical node.
    *Falli and the Doctor are in his lab with the drone and the part retrieved from the vault. Falli is analyzing what the sensors are picking up. *

Falli: Doctor, cranial ridge on the right by the cortical node.

Doctor: I see it.
    Corvus watch’s intently as the security detail takes and moves marshal.

Massi: what now?

Corvus: for now let’s see the ship. I also need a very strong drink.
    As Novak is in the war center he turns as the door opens.

Novak: I need to be able to work.

Kari: now this is not what I would recommend

She walks over taking and setting the padd he was holding down.

Kari: did you forget we had a dinner date today?

Novak: I’m sorry but you of all people know that I need to be working on this.

Kari: this isn’t even our area of space? Is the admiral sending us there?

Novak: not right now no.

Kari: then as ships counselor and medical officer I’m ordering you to take a break and join me for dinner.

Novak sighs as he lets a small smile cross his face.

Novak: fine you win.

Kari: of course I did. I always win.

She smiles as she drags him up and the two walk out.

Ready room

Janeway is sitting down reading a padd deep in thought. While the Borg are a concern he is more worried about the undine.