Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Tal stands blended in at starfleet academy As the funeral goes on tal slowly watchs the people here . For once taking time to actually look at these people. While he has ordered his shedai to stand down some refuse to surrender. Tal cant help but for once be almost moved by the strength of these people

*With the Galactic Civil War over, the Republic of United Star Systems has been able to return to their previous holdings. Hearings are still being held to sift out the corruption, and Admiral Ramez is leading the charge to rid the Military Command of Corrupt Officers. So far, the new Republic Central Military Command is comprised of 2 Flag Officers from each division; 2 Admirals from the Republic Navy, 2 Generals from the Republic Marine Forces, 2 Generals from the Assault Operations and 2 Generals from Planetary Defence.

The new Alliance is being set up with New Geneva in Khitomer as it's home, with a new building under construction. The Alliance Chambers will serve as a place where the Galactic Powers can work out their disputes peacefully and negotiate treaties and trade agreements on neutral ground.

As such, Khitomer has become a Neutral Independent State, no longer being governed by the Federation, Republic or Klingon Governments in varying Sectors. Now, they're their own power, while maintaining close ties to the other powers and operating an "open citizenship" program, allowing their citizens to hold citizenships in a limitless number of nations.

Starfleet Headquarters, Earth. Sam is present at the proceedings, as are Matt, David, T'mar, Hawk, Sanders, Forest, and Blake, who is using a cane. T'mar is with the twins while Sam is wandering around the grounds. She had to get away from the crowd.

She found herself in the Gardens of Starfleet Academy before long, and winded up looking at a plaque dedicated to Captain James T Kirk, saying 'Risk is our business. That's what this starship was all about. That's why we're aboard her.'

She kept walking around, before bumping into the Groundskeeper by accident.*

Sam: Sorry!

Groundskeeper: It's alright, my dear. Truth be told, with all the Cadets attending the memorial service, I appreciate the company.

*He looks at her uniform, recognising the Republic Naval Emblem on her left sleeve.*

You're a Republic Officer?

Sam: Captain Samantha Allington.

Groundskeeper: Jack Layburn.

Ah, now I remember you! You interned here a few years ago as part of the exchange program between Starfleet and Republic Naval Command.

Sam: That was a long time ago.

Groundskeeper: Weren't you an old friend of James'?

Sam: Yeah.

I just had to get away from the crowd. I've never been good with public memorial services... or any kind of memorial or funeral to be honest.

Groundskeeper: From what I'm told, neither was your Great-Grandfather.

Sam: Wait, how do you--?

Groundskeeper: My Grandfather was a Groundskeeper here at the same time Ryan Allington joined Starfleet. He always knew he'd wind up up there with Picard, Kirk, and all the rest.

*Sam curtly nods, noticing something out of the corner of her eye. It was a small orange flash.*

Sam: What was that?

*Suddenly, a roar screams across the sky, as a shuttle flies overhead, a trail of fire following it before it crashes into the Golden Gate Bridge.*

Groundskeeper: Holy...

Sam: Allington to Republic! A shuttle just crashed onto the Golden Gate Bridge! Medical Emergency!

*Sam runs into the Academy, noticing that several Officers were running around, and that numerous cadets had heard the commotion. A Lieutenant walks up to Sam.*

Lieutenant: Captain, the Commandant's at the ceremony, and most of the Medical Staff are at Starbase 24! Can you gather a medical team from the senior cadets?

Sam: Er... sure, but--

Lieutenant: Thanks!

*The lieutenant runs off towards the Main Office, and Sam walks over to the cadets.*

Sam: Okay, go to the Auditorium. If you see any other cadets on your way, tell them to go there as well.

Cadet: Understood.

*The Cadets march off and Sam walks over to a receptionist.*

Sam: Can you tell all the cadets here to report to the auditorium?

Receptionist: Right away.

*At the bridge, a few Starfleet Officers have scrambled to the scene.*

Starfleet: My god!

*The Bridge has been hit hard, with fires all over the place. Debris is scattered everywhere, and the bridge struts are an ashen black towards the road instead of red.*
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As the service continues tal is grateful for his desguise. He stands towards the back and watch's everyone around him. Something feels different here though.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *Dorman steps up to the podium, never good at giving these kinds of appearances or speeches..*

Dorman: I myself... I have never been good at situations like this as my own experiences have seen me in this kind of situation more than I would have liked... Even when I woke up to this vastly different galaxy than the one I knew... I made friends and family of the people here... Seeing this war between brothers, sisters, and family... It grieves me to see such a thing happen at such a steep price...

It is something I never want to see happen between all of us... We are all citizens of this galaxy, doesn't matter our species, doesn't matter our culture, we are all but one family... One that must heal old wounds, even Preston knew this... In the end that is what he wanted to stop the violence against each other... Preston was a man that burdened himself with the evils of this world and became that very evil, that is what I saw at Angel Halo, he wanted it to end but for it to do that we had to finish the job...

But at a steep cost... of dearest blood...

We are now a family licking wounds... learning to come to grips with it...

We must change our ways and embrace the change that both my predecessor and Preston wanted... We will find comfort in it because through all of it... we have each other...

*As he leaves the podium he heads into the garden standing before his ages long gone friends... he falls to his knees and mutters to himself*

Dorman: I failed you... I couldn't protect him or any of them... I tried and yet... look at what we gained... Peace but at this cost... I ... *Looking at Allen's plaque and the special insignia on it... * I will look after those twins and protect them if need be... I owe you both that...

*He looks at the newly added one the father of the twins...*

I swear it...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *OOC: I think we should delve into each characters head after that finale... Get a scope of where they are at... You would think that some of them would have some bad PTSD after it...*

*As Dorman stands Bright is there as well... *

Bright: Sorry to interrupt Admiral... If you need more time I will leave you to it..

Dorman: No... no I am sure you have some time required...

Bright: I do..

Dorman: I will leave you to it.. I have things to talk to people about...

Bright: Thank you... James was a good man, driven, and truly a chip off the block so to speak...

Dorman: He indeed was...

*As he leaves Bright he heads back to the crowd... he finds the vanguard grouping... with T'mar next to them.. with the twins cooing in her arms... They appear to not be grieving but know that their father isn't around... *

*Dorman notices hawk his wounded hand still stubbed.*

Dorman: Hawk.. You feeling ok?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tal leaves the ceremony. Dressed as a Starfleet commander he walks among the officers there. Stands silently in a corner of the area simply watching
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *OOC: I think we should delve into each characters head after that finale... Get a scope of where they are at... You would think that some of them would have some bad PTSD after it...*

*As Dorman stands Bright is there as well... *

Bright: Sorry to interrupt Admiral... If you need more time I will leave you to it..

Dorman: No... no I am sure you have some time required...

Bright: I do..

Dorman: I will leave you to it.. I have things to talk to people about...

Bright: Thank you... James was a good man, driven, and truly a chip off the block so to speak...

Dorman: He indeed was...

*As he leaves Bright he heads back to the crowd... he finds the vanguard grouping... with T'mar next to them.. with the twins cooing in her arms... They appear to not be grieving but know that their father isn't around... *

*Dorman notices hawk his wounded hand still stubbed.*

Dorman: Hawk.. You feeling ok?

Hawk: Yeah. Doc's say I'll have synthetic fingers by the end of the week.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    Hawk: Yeah. Doc's say I'll have synthetic fingers by the end of the week.

Dorman: Thats good... keep your head up alright...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob sits alone in a quite house on the rocky mountains. He officially left Starfleet and is now simply doing nothing he sips out of a bottle of romulan ale. As he watch's the sun set over the horizon. He was told about the service but didn't go. Almost no one has seen him since the battle.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob empties the bottle of ale and throws it behind him. As he simply sits there a uncomplete suit is behind as well as a few upgraded phaser rifles and pistols but he doesn't pay them any attention. He simply watchs as the stars start to come out. And he takes in the nice serenity of the mountains. Glad to be alone.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob empties the bottle of ale and throws it behind him. As he simply sits there a uncomplete suit is behind as well as a few upgraded phaser rifles and pistols but he doesn't pay them any attention. He simply watchs as the stars start to come out. And he takes in the nice serenity of the mountains. Glad to be alone.

*He hears the door chime sound.*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *He hears the door chime sound.*

Jacob sighs: come in
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob sighs: come in

*Blake walks in, his cane clacking on the floor. He sees the bottle on the floor, before rolling it away with his cane.*

Blake: Drinking again?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *Blake walks in, his cane clacking on the floor. He sees the bottle on the floor, before rolling it away with his cane.*

Blake: Drinking again?

Jacob: maybe. Sit down and ill get us a drink.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: maybe. Sit down and ill get us a drink.

*Blake sits down and stares at Jacob.*

Blake: How many have you had?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *Blake sits down and stares at Jacob.*

Blake: How many have you had?

Jacob: I lost count after my second bottle. It takes me about three bottles to get really drunk any way.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: I lost count after my second bottle. It takes me about three bottles to get really drunk any way.

Blake: Okay, let's hear it. You resigned from Starfleet, again, and you're drinking... again. What's up?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blake: Okay, let's hear it. You resigned from Starfleet, again, and you're drinking... again. What's up?

Jacob: hood was the only reason I joined Starfleet to help him. And now that's over. I think I can take a break. Tal already said he isn't going to fight us any more the rest of the rebels are fractured at best. I think after everything is said and done I can take some time to drink.

He gets up and pours to bottles of saurian brandy. As he takes a drink.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: hood was the only reason I joined Starfleet to help him. And now that's over. I think I can take a break. Tal already said he isn't going to fight us any more the rest of the rebels are fractured at best. I think after everything is said and done I can take some time to drink.

He gets up and pours to bottles of saurian brandy. As he takes a drink.

Blake: Oh, of course! Because, this obviously has nothing to do with Roland!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blake: Oh, of course! Because, this obviously has nothing to do with Roland!

Jacob: I appreciate the concern but this has to deal with more then just that

He takes another drink
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: I appreciate the concern but this has to deal with more then just that

He takes another drink

Blake: Well, I have an idea that should take it off your mind, if you're up for a crazy plan that's likely to get us both killed...?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blake: Well, I have an idea that should take it off your mind, if you're up for a crazy plan that's likely to get us both killed...?

Jacob: Oh like I haven't done that enough lately.

Takes a swig out of the bottle

Jacob: so lets hear it
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob: Oh like I haven't done that enough lately.

Takes a swig out of the bottle

Jacob: so lets hear it

*Blake places a holo-pad on the table and turns it on.*

Blake: PACES?

*PACES appears on the pad.*

PACES: Online, sir.

Blake: Me and PACES have been going over the data on what happened to Roland, and... well, it'll be easier if PACES explains.

PACES: As you now, R-type AI programs like Roland and myself should have a life-span of 50 years before rampancy sets in. When Roland took control of Armada and overrode my command protocols, it was only a fragment of his program.

Blake: Specifically, his Core subroutines, like the self-preservation and self-improvement subroutines.

PACES: Meanwhile, Roland's personality and memory engrams were still linked up to the system, with the emergency back-ups compensating for the loss of his core program.

Eventually, his program deteriorated completely, but the splinter program was never located.

Blake: We went over Armada, and it looks like an AI uploaded to an unidentified network when I activated the lockdown.

PACES: While the personality subroutines couldn't survive without the core program, the core program could not only survive, but evolve into, what Commander Matthews has dubbed, 'an Ultimate Program'.

Blake: But, there's no way it should have happened, unless someone tampered with Roland's program and we think we know who.

PACES: The same person who attempted to steal your original armour designs.

Blake: Stane.

If he has Roland's Core Program, he could build his own armour, or access one of ours remotely, and personally, I've had enough with people hijacking Armada.

Roland was my friend too, Jacob. I'd say it's payback time.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *Blake places a holo-pad on the table and turns it on.*

Blake: PACES?

*PACES appears on the pad.*

PACES: Online, sir.

Blake: Me and PACES have been going over the data on what happened to Roland, and... well, it'll be easier if PACES explains.

PACES: As you now, R-type AI programs like Roland and myself should have a life-span of 50 years before rampancy sets in. When Roland took control of Armada and overrode my command protocols, it was only a fragment of his program.

Blake: Specifically, his Core subroutines, like the self-preservation and self-improvement subroutines.

PACES: Meanwhile, Roland's personality and memory engrams were still linked up to the system, with the emergency back-ups compensating for the loss of his core program.

Eventually, his program deteriorated completely, but the splinter program was never located.

Blake: We went over Armada, and it looks like an AI uploaded to an unidentified network when I activated the lockdown.

PACES: While the personality subroutines couldn't survive without the core program, the core program could not only survive, but evolve into, what Commander Matthews has dubbed, 'an Ultimate Program'.

Blake: But, there's no way it should have happened, unless someone tampered with Roland's program and we think we know who.

PACES: The same person who attempted to steal your original armour designs.

Blake: Stane.

If he has Roland's Core Program, he could build his own armour, or access one of ours remotely, and personally, I've had enough with people hijacking Armada.

Roland was my friend too, Jacob. I'd say it's payback time.

Jacob walks over to a wall near the incomplete suit. and types a few commands in. As the wall opens up it reveals a row of suits from his first protype to his latest one. he walks over to one that is almost completely jet black as he looks at it.

Jacob: its time we finish this once and for all.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob walks over to a wall near the incomplete suit. and types a few commands in. As the wall opens up it reveals a row of suits from his first protype to his latest one. he walks over to one that is almost completely jet black as he looks at it.

Jacob: its time we finish this once and for all.

Blake: Bad idea. When I went spying on Stane, I almost got caught. He's really beefed up security.

PACES: However, we've been analysing the Species 9042 component you recovered 2 months ago, and have found something incredibly interesting about it.

*OOC: Extremis? I'd imagine Halsey would have to make a new armour to accomodate it, but it would be incredibly interesting to do.*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Blake: Bad idea. When I went spying on Stane, I almost got caught. He's really beefed up security.

PACES: However, we've been analysing the Species 9042 component you recovered 2 months ago, and have found something incredibly interesting about it.

*OOC: Extremis? I'd imagine Halsey would have to make a new armour to accomodate it, but it would be incredibly interesting to do.*

Jacob: I have an idea that may just work. I have a feeling a certain person may just be willing to help besides I have a few tricks stil up my sleeve.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *Earth, 2879, in the chamber, Voporak calmly walks back and forth across the floor*

Voporak: Now it is true I did all that has been said against me. I cannot claim to be pure from the crime of tampering with time. But I must explain myself, at the very least. You see, the first time I substantially moved through the space-time continuum was a paradox. I caused myself to become trapped by attempting to escape from that trap. The second time, I went back out of curiosity. Breaking into timelines I shouldn't exist in is obviously a no-no with Temporal Investigations of any century; however, can you read a story partway and not yearn to know the end?

Concerning my ship's weaponry, it is all true. I did design and deploy a tricobalt device that shreds space-time in an area, opening a gate to other dimensions, the Mark I type. I constructed 12 others, however the Mark II-XIIs have a different effect. Additionally, I did experiment with the possibility of Omega particles being harnessed as a weapon.

*He stops and turns to the Chief*

But I believe I did good for all that happened. If I may, perhaps someone can testify on my behalf?

*The Chief thinks for several seconds, as Voporak is implying communication across timelines*

Chief: Permission granted. We will have a fifteen minute recess while you consider who you wish to speak.

*Some of the crowd disperses, the Chief and President begin talking to each other, and Voporak sits down at the table assigned to him. He knows it may not do much good, since he is in fact guilty of tossing the Temporal Prime Directive to the wind. But it cannot possibly do any harm at this point. Voporak ponders who he can talk to.*
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *OOC: Yeah Extremis... Its going to take a while I know.. But i think doing the Klingon Civil war political jabs for a while as we develop the characters... I also wanna pull off a gladiator thing..*
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *Dorman is still with the rest of the group... He goes to Sanders and pats him and Hawk on the back... T'mar and the twins are the next ones he visits...*

Dorman: *hugs T'mar gently being careful of the twins..* How are you and Sam holding up? Most of all Lexi and Terry?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Jacob walks into his room in the house which is large with a desk in one corner. He sits down in it and calls up the screen.

Jacob: tal how would you like to go on a little search and destroy mission with me.

Tal: that depends. Who is it we are going after and how likely are we to get caught.

Jacob: a man named stane. And very likely for being caught and killed.

Tal smiles.

Tal: well when you put it that way how can I refuse.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    any one on today I know its still early but ill wait for everyone