Having Trouble Logging In?

1232425262729»

Comments

• nxnovacatnxnovacat Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I bet the account server crapped out
  • eosguildmaileosguildmail Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have both Champions and STO accounts and neither is allowing access at this time. Something is definately preventing authentication.
  • ramadmaniakidramadmaniakid Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well I can login online but cannot log into the game.
    'Account Server Timeout' is all im getting, sigh can't even play tonight not impressed.
  • khalifriakhalifria Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I could not get in for a while and finally it worked. I was working on a character and decide to change to do my officer reports on the rest of my characters. Guess what, it sits forever trying to connect to the account server until it times out. I just did the life time deal but I can still contest the charge with my credit card company since I am not getting the service I paid for. You know, actually being able to play the game.
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Logins are currently not functionning. We are aware of the issue and investigating.

last uptade on the launcher
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
  • nacrananacrana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Unable to authenticate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robertdamonrobertdamon Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Launcher is now showing the message: 'Logins are currently not functioning. We are aware of the issue and investigating'.
  • raleighfan01raleighfan01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i am getting the same issue just says unable to Authenticate :(
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh yeah now I have gotten my 4th different error for today... Unable to Authenticate...

So for today...

#1. After its back up for hours it says Maintenance System Down.

#2. You are trying to connect via proxy and basically error goes on to make it seem like its on the players end.

#3. We have disabled the proxy. LOL

#4. Unable to autheticate! You don't say!

I found the problem... There are too many time ships inside the account server... A temporal tear in account subspace server its creating a black hole and sucking every character inside it not being able to autheticate their bodies... They are all dead.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I hope this gets fixed soon. Was looking forward to working on a Foundry mission...
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • raleighfan01raleighfan01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ok kewl kewl glad it was not just me lol

EDIT: This thread is not about the Account Server being down. For more information, see this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=418791 ~BranFlakes
  • pardusian141pardusian141 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I never downloaded this mornings maintinance patch. I just got on my computer to Idle for tribble breeding and I get the Unable to Authenticate. Probably a server crash so they shut down for maintinance.

Just now I checked and saw a red message saying they are aware of the problem and are looking into it.

EDIT: This thread is not about the Account Server being down. For more information, see this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=418791 ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.