test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having Trouble Logging In?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
If you are having trouble logging into your account, your account’s password may have been locked during our account server maintenance today. You can recover your password via the “forgot password” link on the official Star Trek Online or Champion Online websites:

www.startrekonline.com/user/password
www.champions-online.com/user/password

For full details on why accounts were locked today, please read the notification here.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Customer Service
Cryptic Studios
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    As part of our ongoing efforts to monitor and enhance security, we recently detected evidence of an unauthorized access to one of our user databases.

Well that is disturbing. Can anyone who actually knows about the technical side of this type of situation explain how this happens?
    edited April 2012
    Uh, the links still don't work because the account server is still down.
    edited April 2012
    Um Brandon - the account server itself is STILL down (IE I was logged into the STO site before the Emergency Maintenence, but just tried to log into the Champions Online site and no catchpa shows up meaning the account server is still down) - AND the emergency maintenence notification is still on the launchers for STO and CO too.)

So, you might want to talk to netops before posting something like the above
    edited April 2012
    Brandon quesiton I would like answered please

was this the result of the incident yesterday which took place and everyones passwords were mysteriously reset ?
    edited April 2012
    Ohhhhhhhh manz...hax :(
    edited April 2012
    As someone who is still dealing with the repercussions of the Sony hack last year, let me just jump in early and give a big THANK YOU to Cryptic for letting us know about this promptly rather than letting it sit around.
    edited April 2012
    I want to warn people, if you have HAD your password reset, be aware I recived some 'fishing' emails about resetting your password that did not come from Cryptic, just be aware of what your opening.
    edited April 2012
    ...And the link just takes us back to the homepage... :confused:
    edited April 2012
    during i think around December 2010 i kept getting told my password was incorrect in the launcher, but a was logged into the forum at the time and changed my password there. i had to do that 3 times over a few weeks, it just somehow kept getting changed, i was woried my account was getting hijacked, well maybe this is why. at least there was no noticeable tampering with any of my characters, and i have since created a password that hasn't been crackable

cant just change my password through the forum now it seems, stuff has changed since perfect world, says me old password is incorrect. and the links still don't work because the account server is still down. more sitting and waiting, gonna miss my window for playing at all today at this rate
    edited April 2012
    ok, so no one has TRIBBLE my account, and it's just reset?
    edited April 2012
    I swear, TRIBBLE like this happens all over the internet time and time again to virtually every gaming service I've seen. Yet none of these IT geniuses ever take note and strengthen the security protocols.

What is it going to take to slap some sense into these services?
    edited April 2012
    I can't seem to get to the reset page. It just keeps redirecting me to the front page, still logged in.
    edited April 2012
    i cannot recover my password. the page just brings me to the main page.

good stuff :mad:
    edited April 2012
    Log out of the forums and try again, or use a different browser. I was having the same problem and this fixed it.
    edited April 2012
    Staran wrote: »
    i cannot recover my password. the page just brings me to the main page.

good stuff :mad:

You'll need to do what I do, log in (or log out then try to log in) and click forgot password
    edited April 2012
    wasnt december when PW moved in with you guys at cryptic....never trust your new best friends unwashed, longhaired "musician" friend...he'll steal your ashtrays and the beer out of the fridge!
    edited April 2012
    This happened in December of 2010 and we're just being told about it in April, almost May of 2012?

Seriously guys...it took you that long to figure it out? Damnit people...get it together! You're giving me reasons every passing day to NOT play this game thanks to what's happening in-game. Now you're just piling on real world reasons.

Get your house in order already! :mad:
    edited April 2012
    December 2010... ^^ *thumbs up*
    edited April 2012
    well let me just say that i find this very upsetting i can put up with the bugs and every thing elce lack of content and well i dont need to harp but if any thing happened to my main toon with over 550+ hours im so done playing i love this game but i have invested way to much time in him to have it just gone just saying now that my lil rant is over thankyou cryptic for taking the insatve to lock my account i c this as a very good thing!!!
    edited April 2012
    At Cryptic Studios, your privacy and security is important. As part of our ongoing efforts to monitor and enhance security, we recently detected evidence of an unauthorized access to one of our user databases. The unauthorized access occurred in December 2010, and evidence of this has just been uncovered due to increased security analysis.

2010. Well that was awhile back. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2012
    Aldo-Raine wrote:
    Log out of the forums and try again, or use a different browser. I was having the same problem and this fixed it.

was considering this, but was wary. i'd like to not lock myself out, how will i complain then?
    edited April 2012
    deamond63 wrote: »
    well let me just say that i find this very upsetting i can put up with the bugs and every thing elce lack of content and well i dont need to harp but if any thing happened to my main toon with over 550+ hours im so done playing i love this game but i have invested way to much time in him to have it just gone just saying now that my lil rant is over thankyou cryptic for taking the insatve to lock my account i c this as a very good thing!!!

Did you read anything? It happened in December of 2010...so if anything happened it would have happened by now. Looks like they just shut it down to force everyone to change their passwords. Good lesson to change your passwords for everything now and then...
    edited April 2012
    You'll need to do what I do, log in (or log out then try to log in) and click forgot password

I'm going to try that. Cross those fingers.
    edited April 2012
    KoshiirRa wrote: »
    As someone who is still dealing with the repercussions of the Sony hack last year, let me just jump in early and give a big THANK YOU to Cryptic for letting us know about this promptly rather than letting it sit around.

Ditto here.
    edited April 2012
    was considering this, but was wary. i'd like to not lock myself out, how will i complain then?

Just do it on the actual site. I heard that there are hackers that can get you on the forums if you log on in the forums.
    edited April 2012
    EzriRayne wrote:
    December 2010... ^^ *thumbs up*

Yeah thats like almost a year and a half ago.
    I find this extremely disturbing.

If it takes them a year and a half to find out someone has TRIBBLE their system and gotten their hands on com players account info, how can we ever expect to turst them with anything?
    edited April 2012
    wasnt december when PW moved in with you guys at cryptic....never trust your new best friends unwashed, longhaired "musician" friend...he'll steal your ashtrays and the beer out of the fridge!

December 2010 not 2011.
    edited April 2012
    Is it back up yet as i still can't get my password renewed?
    edited April 2012
    If you are having trouble logging into your account, your account’s password may have been locked during our account server maintenance today. You can recover your password via the “forgot password” link on the official Star Trek Online or Champion Online websites:

www.startrekonline.com/user/password
    www.champions-online.com/user/password

For full details on why accounts were locked today, please read the notification here.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Customer Service
    Cryptic Studios

I say if Cryptic studios were truly sorry for the inconvenience, they'd offer the customers better account security. Its better to be proactive than reactive.
    edited April 2012
    I can log in, but can't refine dilithium, every time i try it thrw and error
This discussion has been closed.