test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having Trouble Logging In?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Jake477 wrote:
    As the Klingons would say "You have brought shame upon your house and your decendants house"

Why did this happen?

You can't tell us you had no idea this hacking thing happened. Something must have tipped you off?

I may be a 2011 signup guy but still i think that most folks had there stuff exposed since the door was opened from the hack

I sure am glad that none of my cc numbers were on file .....lmao
    edited May 2012
    Your not the only one not being able to connect to the patch client. I have 6 others that can't get on STO right now and its FRUSTRATING>.>!!!
    edited May 2012
    I've been unable to get the program to launch for about a half an hour. I get an error message saying "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

This is the first time I've seen that error. I've rebooted and checked my internet connection, but the problem persists. I've seen other people with the same problem, but I don't think it's been mentioned here yet. This is apparently not a widespread problem, but any advice or fix would be greatly appreciated.
    edited May 2012
    we have been getting the same thing since 6 for us.
    edited May 2012
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=270665

is a new thread for the specific issue of the launcher failing all day today.
    edited May 2012
    seriously. some devs need to look in that thread and address the issue.
    edited June 2012
    I have had this issue as well.
    edited June 2012
    I too am having the server not responsive message and the game just sitting at the loading screen doing nothing.
    edited June 2012
    I am also having the server not responsive message. And I have been for four days. :mad:
    edited June 2012
    Been getting the server not responding message and being kicked a lot lately... Me no rikey.
    edited June 2012
    I've not been able to log in without quickly getting booted since Sunday night.
    edited June 2012
    i havent had server not responding, but have had some lag
  • tyronjaratyronjara Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey. Ive linked my account and I can log in without any problem. My only issue is my account still saves the old account name on the games login window how do I fix this?
    Live long and play hard!!!
  • bintumbintum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hey all can anyone help i can access the website but not the game any suggestions
    edited June 2012
    bintum wrote: »
    hey all can anyone help i can access the website but not the game any suggestions

You must use your account name and details that you made for the perfect world account for logging into sto now if you have linkend your account.
    edited June 2012
    ive tried that but it still wont let me log in
    edited June 2012
    bintum wrote: »
    ive tried that but it still wont let me log in

have you selected the perfect world account where it asks you for account type?
    edited June 2012
    1st i went to log in as normal then it said log in with perfect world account so i did that and still it would not let me in
    edited June 2012
    Ya but you select the Perfect world account instead of the cryptic one and put in the perfect world user name and password.

I feel your pain here I had the same problem this morning I was fiddling around with it for ages.
    edited June 2012
    yep i did that aswell why they have to change it when it worked so well i do not know lol thnakyou for the advice
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Linked my accounts, now I can't login to STO, can login to the site, but not into the game. It seems as if my Perfect World account took over and my Cryptic account is gone. It won't let me into the game anyway I try to login thru Cryptic or Perfect World.

If I try to login thru Cryptic it says my account has been linked to my Perfect World account and to use that login info, so I use that and it says I am using the wrong account name and password and I know they are correct, because I can login to the site no problem.

I have sent in a ticket which can take from now until the world comes to an end. So until either they fix it, I'm going to start a SWTOR account, hopefully they fix it before I get hooked on SWTOR.

Hopefully I see you all again soon.
  • malveriusmalverius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hello, I had just a perfect world account and it always worked. Since now it is not working. I mean, it's ok for forum and website but game client says unable to authenticate.
    I see I'm not the only one. Kinda bug?
    edited June 2012
    8 plus hours later I can finally log into the game. Changing the password several times, but yay i can finally get back to the STF grind........hold wait what?
  • tsrcenturustsrcenturus Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I can't link my accounts for anything, but I'm still able to log into the game using my old Cryptic account.

What the hell is going on, and why is PWE doing this? This is absolutely stupid!! I bought a lifetime subscription before the game went live. If I lose access to that, I might just sue the damn company.

I've submitted a ticket through PWE's website, and I'm pissed that there's no contact phone number for customer support. As someone else in the game stated, even Blizzard has a contact number.

I've tried a ton of times to link my accounts today, nothing. Keeps telling me that my PWE username and password is incorrect, and I've requested my username twice, and reset my password twice already.
    Centurus
    The Starfleet Renegades

"If you didn't get your ship from me, you probably didn't get the 100,000 light year warranty."
    edited June 2012
    There is a contact number and I don't know why they never pick up the phone and never return the calls, so it's bascially like filing tickets, pointless.

They tell everyone to log into the site and file your tickets thru the site, will what if you can't log on?

They keep saying I need to be in game to chat with someone. HAHA I tried that before never get anyone.

Ok how does someone log into a game and chat with tech support IF THEY CAN'T LOG IN?
  • mrsking7mrsking7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have had so many issues after I made the mistake of linking my cryptic account with (un)perfect world, that I thought well STO is free to play, I'll just start a new account. Now my launcher says "too many attempts try again later" My questions is how long is later? I waited over an hour between trys and it says the same thing.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i can login to game,post here but cannot click new posts.it says i need to be here for a week and have acharacter over level 10 . what muppet made this forum ?
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
    edited June 2012
    pwefail wrote: »
    what muppet made this forum ?

From the looks of it Guild Launch, but the trial version.
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, it seems my Old password was a bit stronger than what PWE's setup can deal with. Just unreal...but got back in.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • gavilanex1gavilanex1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Anybody else having a problem with your game clients? I keep getting "too many attempts try again later" or something like that .
This discussion has been closed.