What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having Trouble Logging In?

Comments

• Options
    captlivengoodcaptlivengood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have downloaded this game several times as a result of an unsuccessful attempt at logging in. Each time I log in the computer crashes as I send my log in info
  • Options
    vfr750fvfr750f Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm having problems timing out from game server after the scheduled maintenance Anyone else having this same problem?
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Many people have had and are having problems, myself included. You will find you arent alone here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=275401
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Now that you're main goal is for everyone to have PWE accounts you should make the PWE standard on the launcher instead of Cryptic. Or even better make it remember the previous setting, just as it can remember our username.
  • Options
    fxdb10fxdb10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gavilanex1 wrote: »
    Anybody else having a problem with your game clients? I keep getting "too many attempts try again later" or something like that .

Yeah, getting the same thing. I have a second account that was never linked to PWE and it has the same issue. I'm guessing that if someone was to make a new account and try logging into the game for the first time would receive the same error message...
  • Options
    nerehtnert7512nerehtnert7512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    fxdb10 wrote: »
    Yeah, getting the same thing. I have a second account that was never linked to PWE and it has the same issue. I'm guessing that if someone was to make a new account and try logging into the game for the first time would receive the same error message...

Agreed. And why am I able to log in here, after changing my password, but not into the game itself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ajay80ajay80 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well that is disturbing. Can anyone who actually knows about the technical side of this type of situation explain how this happens?

sorry posted in the wrong place
  • Options
    evilrotevilrot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ajay80 wrote: »
    i did this and was able to get into my account again but when i try logging into the game it say account server connection failed? is the server still down or what it 16:40 here

That is what I want to know also, it is 18:42 here and can't login, it's saying account server connection failed. It's the server down or something?

p.s: nvm what I said, I had brain lag or something, it is still maintenance for me, the difference is 10 hours...
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so is the acount server down intentionaly or did they get TRIBBLE again? i cant ever remeber having anything like this happen in any of my cryptic games and ive been palying cryptics stuff since city of villians was released. i make a pw acount because im told its going to b eforced down my throat if i dont..... and acount servers get TRIBBLE within a week..... im happy that i heard about it relativly swiftly but...... if your guna make me do stuff with my account can u plz not make my acount less secure in process im even a little iffy about changing my password via pw atm incase theres a worm in there site or something and ofc thers like no way to do it just thru cryptic now only PW....
  • Options
    ajay80ajay80 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If you are having trouble logging into your account, your account’s password may have been locked during our account server maintenance today. You can recover your password via the “forgot password” link on the official Star Trek Online or Champion Online websites:

www.startrekonline.com/user/password
    www.champions-online.com/user/password

For full details on why accounts were locked today, please read the notification here.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Customer Service
    Cryptic Studios

i did this and was able to get into my account again but when i try logging into the game it say account server connection failed? is the server still down or what it 16:51 here
  • Options
    mandrake45mandrake45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's due to finish in 8 minutes.
    Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Cryptic Account system tomorrow, Thursday, June 28th, at 7:00am PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to only last 2 hours. During this time, you will not be able to create or manage Cryptic accounts, create or track your in-game tickets, and players will not be able to log into the game; however, players already in the game should not be affected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

7 min to go or even more when they need more then 2 h

i could play all the time but not change my cpt.
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There is a red banner across the launcher that tells you they are doing account maintenance atm, so you wont get in until they finish.
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ussberlin wrote: »
    7 min to go or even more when they need more then 2 h

It's been down for over that already, they pulled the plug sometime before I tried to log on at 13:40 UTC
  • Options
    lazyninja567lazyninja567 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When i try to log on the game crashes and i get a error messege saying your criptic application has crashed
  • Options
    mntnstalkermntnstalker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is what happens when a developer doesn't actively advertise and then turns the game over to a free to play, bottom feeding company that only wishes people to spend real money on generated content like costumes which have no impact on the game.

*** Please don't be fooled by the lack of time listed for me on the avatar, I've been playing since the Beta, I bought the "Lifetime " subscription for the game, and I cannot get a response from the morons that call themselves perfect world to save my life.

I have only been able to log in 1 time since these idiots allowed some accounts to become compromised. They have nonfunctioning links on their support pages, they were notified of this back in April/May 2012 and they still haven't even fixed their own damned web site issues. This combined with the lack of customer support shows they don't give a damn about any of the players that support this game and even if they care in the slightest, they apparently aren't smart enough to do anything with it.

I used to think that Blizzard customer support was the worst, and then Cryptic stabbed us all in the back and involved these morons. My experience with this company is quickly moving them into the same category as Blizzard for me. I vowed to never purchase another Blizzard game after they betrayed their faithful customers with wowcrack and allowed their support to equal that of a self-loathing, trash spewing parasite and I have kept my word. If these idiots can't figure it out, and soon, I will make the same vow for anything with Cryptic or perfectworld attached to it.

For those of us that did buy the "lifetime subscriptions" I say we band together and file class action lawsuits against Cryptic and perfect world. 1 year or 2 years is not a lifetime. The "rewards" that were given at the time that they made this game "free to play" were TRIBBLE and not worth what the "lifetime subscription" fees that was paid.
  • Options
    terryanders25terryanders25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So I am having a probelm! I log in and it sits at the "loading carectors" screen till it times out... Whats up with that?
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So I am having a probelm! I log in and it sits at the "loading carectors" screen till it times out... Whats up with that?

Same problem here. I think we Blitzkrieg'd the server.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Everyone is having the issue bodes well for Season 6 if noone can get online
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daftapethdaftapeth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    "you are 3974 in a queue of 10000+ etc....
    when this screen closes you will be logged in...."

incorrect
  • Options
    vanyelalthorvanyelalthor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just paid for a lifetime membership recently and when I attempted to login today, I am having to stand in a virtual line (queued) in order to get to play!?! I don't think so! Unless I am able to gain instant access, as I was able to before your maintenance, I will walk away from STO. With the kind of money you are asking for, for lifetime membership, such members should always be granted instant access. That's my gripe for the day.
  • Options
    malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well this is great. This is why we don't throw in new content until we're sure it works. Really guys come on.
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    queue hit 10k + then servers went offline
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    malan29malan29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Also, don't get excited if you're a queue, you'll get kicked out of it. I was 1428 of like 10,000 and it eventually just kicked me out of the queue. You're not getting in, none of us are.
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just paid for a lifetime membership recently and when I attempted to login today, I am having to stand in a virtual line (queued) in order to get to play!?! I don't think so! Unless I am able to gain instant access, as I was able to before your maintenance, I will walk away from STO. With the kind of money you are asking for, for lifetime membership, such members should always be granted instant access. That's my gripe for the day.

and LTS means nothing in regards to the queue, all it meas it you move forward in the line but still in line with the Other LTS players.

Fyi ive been LTS since beta and i had to wait in a 1k plus queue so your not special
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anniejuneanniejune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dont even care really... I havent played since long before it even went f2p

STO is still a PoS, and currently serving as a stop-gap until certain summer releases are available in a few weeks
  • Options
    joenatljoenatl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I heard if you show the bouncer your TRIBBLE you get moved up to the front of the line.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2012

This is quite absurd. I'm nr. 6678 out of a queue of over 10,000!! I rose 3 positions in about 10 mimutes. Then the server disconnected me!

At the STEAM forum, someone said Perfect World has debliberately downsized the servers. If so, this has got to be the greatest TRIBBLE-over ever perpetrated on a MMORPG community!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    anniejuneanniejune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    If so, this has got to be the greatest TRIBBLE-over ever perpetrated on a MMORPG community!

I guess you haven't played Diablo3 yet...
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anniejune wrote: »
    I guess you haven't played Diablo3 yet...

LOL. You managed to make me laugh! :) Seriously, though, if it's true they downsized, then this game died overnight (and my RL money with it).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.