Install Arc
Options

"Couldn't Transfer Character"

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    roo77 wrote:

Contacted GM who basically said it's a technical problem and i need to keep looking on the forums for updates!

That's a disappointing response since this problem started after their patch and nothing changed on my computer.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It seems that if you try it again a few times the map will load eventually, personally I tried 4 times with operation gamma when it suddenly worked.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I got stuck with this error again 4th ep to do this and I am not skipping the ep I kept entering fluidic space and geting this error over and over and over and over about 10 times and it doesn't let me keep going on the ep I am unhappy with STO I thought this error was fixed in the patch guess not! Devs plz fix this error enough is enough!!:( EP: Fluid Dynimics ep 2nd part entering fluidic space portal
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm getting this error on the "Operation Gamma" mission as i start to exit the wormhole.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Stuck on "Mine Enemy" with a Couldn't Transfer Character error that boots me to the login screen.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    roo77 wrote:
    Contacted GM who basically said it's a technical problem and i need to keep looking on the forums for updates!
    I'm sorry, but that's bull. What they need to do is fix the problem. Oh and that Forced Verify thing didn't do squat for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Cannot begin mission, getting Couldn't transfer character. get booted. Logged back in several times. Even tried with different ships, still being booted. :(

Same here "Under Cover Of Night"
    Entering Agrama
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I had the same problem with "Mine the enemy".

Did the mission in part, both me and my friends game crashed.
    What we had to do is leave party, drop the mission , wait a few sec and then accept the mission again.
    Make a party and we enterd the map succesful.
    I think a broken session was active, with reloading the mission the session resets.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    goltzhar wrote:
    Same here "Under Cover Of Night"
    Entering Agrama

I am also stuck with this bug on under cover of night.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Operation Gamma,
    http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Operation_Gamma

Flying Blind
    Go to Deep Space 9
    Signal Fleet
    Get Within Scanner Range
    Disable DS9's Scanner Clusters
    Defeat Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    Use Wormhole
    Bam "Couldn't Transfer Character"
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    KastPro wrote:
    Operation Gamma,
    http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Operation_Gamma

Flying Blind
    Go to Deep Space 9
    Signal Fleet
    Get Within Scanner Range
    Disable DS9's Scanner Clusters
    Defeat Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    Use Wormhole
    Bam "Couldn't Transfer Character"

Klingon or Federation? I'm curious if it's happening on both sides.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    AuroraKet wrote: »
    Klingon or Federation? I'm curious if it's happening on both sides.

Both. My KDF and Fed tunes are failing. I'm going to try dropping the mission, restarting, letting it fail and then doing the DX9 to DX11 switch and try restarting. It worked once on one of my Fed toons last night but I had to leave the mission because of family commitments!! Now that toon cant get back either lol
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah,

I'm having these issues to both on Operation Gamma and Mine Enemy both are Klingon Side.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Fed - Operation Gamma
    Also, the extended week for the Lobi crystal isn't working either, for 4028 or Op Gamma, no target available
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The extended week is for the Breen series, so you wouldn't have Lobi in the series before.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Operation Gamma here as well. It fails with that message every time it's supposed to dump me out of the worm hole. Annoying. :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well I tried dropping the mission on my KDF toon and it worked, so Kezz finally has her Mk Xi deflector :D

but...

Tried the same with my Fed Caitian toon and got the same fault :( Pity as his character is a little stuck inbetween missions now while leveling! :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    What worked for me in the past was if you have more than one mission drop all but the one you are currently working on and it 'should' work. Changing instances will not work if there is no other instance to transfer into.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    nyxadrill wrote:
    Pity as his character is a little stuck inbetween missions now while leveling! :mad:

If you do a quick patrol mission, that should help you out - just pick a plannet and fight the "baddie" and that should give you a boost over to the enxt level.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Someone mentioned options and proxy settings. I'm trying a different route: DISABLE ON-DEMAND PATCHING.

The problem with this is a MASSIVE update patch all comes at once and takes long time. I'll report back (I'm havving the issue with Operation Gamma on two characters).

If you want to give it a go: open the launcher and log-in, choose OPTIONS, neat the bottom is a checkbox called "Disable on-demand patching" - turn that on and restart the launcher. But be prepared for a really big download. The difference is all the maps will be on your local system and not have to download each time to enter a system (and patch it).

I'll report back this evening.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    barry110 wrote: »
    If you do a quick patrol mission, that should help you out - just pick a plannet and fight the "baddie" and that should give you a boost over to the enxt level.

Yeah I think I'll have to for him, I can also skip the mission in the mean time but i'd rather not do that and it would have been nice to get all the Jem'Hadar set. oh well lets hope the devs are on the case.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Someone in the fleet said that this last patch broke it. I think sadly the best thing to do is wait until the next patch goes in and send in reports. :(

wish i had seen this sooner.. tried it on two diff desktop computers and my laptop since they all three have diff video cards and such, thought it might have been on my end, glad to know its not.. well, sort of glad
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    KDF now..

enemy mine mission..
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Can't do a damn thing...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    thxac3 wrote: »
    Operation Gamma here as well. It fails with that message every time it's supposed to dump me out of the worm hole. Annoying. :mad:

I had this problem a couple of days ago on the Reman series on Enemy Mine, then last night, and again today Operation Gamma won't transfer at the wormhole.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I set the "disable on-demand patching" - waited forever - still the same problem. However, my ticket was answered. In short the Cryptic Devs are aware of the problem and they are working on it - and will likely require a patch to fix.

No time-frame, but suffice it to know they are aware and working on it.

I'm not a coder or developer, but I clearly understand the complexity of such things, so @Cryptic guys and gals: I'm patient, thanks for your hard work, I hope this is a priority (I'm sure it is) - but so you know: no angry shrill BS from me on it. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm having this problem too on one of my alts. It's the last mission she has left to finish in the whole run! At least I know it's not just me, and not my computer.

Tried the force verify, changed proxies, disabled on-demand patching, switching from safe login to normal login, and none of the suggested solutions worked, btw.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Finally managed to bypass the blockage.
    "Operation Gamma"
    1. changed sector instance.
    2. Entered DS9 sector, and docked with station.
    3. Exited station, then back to sector space.
    4. Hit "continue Operation Gamma" and finally arrived in Idran System.

:2nd edit:
    Just tried to replay "Operation Gamma" and it crashed in the same place. Added the extra step I didn't list above and fixed again.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    thxac3 wrote: »

here too, at Operation Gamma
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Add ticket 1,349,785 for Fluid Dynamics.
This discussion has been closed.