test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Couldn't Transfer Character"

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    State of Q mission is giving me this error message. I can do anything else (change systems, go to planets, go to the bridge..) but the almighty Q is having trouble transfering my character to wherever he's sending me.

Exactly the same problem as the poster above. Can't find any fix for this.. so sad too. Like a mission and a half from max level :(
    edited April 2012
    I've just had the same problem with the "Q's Gambit" mission. Has anyone had any joy with this yet?
    edited April 2012
    Does this forum have any mods/admins that look at this stuff? or are we just wasting our time posting it on here?

EDIT: I managed to find a way into it today, I kept trying to get into it, and after 3 or 4 attempts the game finally patched and I was able to do the mission, so apparently ya gotta figure out a way to force it to patch.
    edited April 2012
    I have the same problem with Q mission :(
    edited April 2012
    Having the same trouble with Fluidic Space. Started yesterday and is still happening. I filled out a report ticket and that went nowhere.
    edited April 2012
    +1 in iFluid Dynamics” after i Find a Stable Portal i try to teleport then i get the message Couldn't Transfer Character and Log Off i tryed to drop mission and tryed again same bug, checked all files ... still same problem.
    edited April 2012
    I had this same problem today with the Defari Emancipation Daily. After trying about 5 times to enter the Zaria System, it finally patched and let me into the mission.
    edited April 2012
    Same annoying problem for me can't get into fluidic space...
    edited April 2012
    I just had the problem with Defari Emancipation Daily too.
    edited April 2012
    5th time was the charm for me. Doing Fluidic space.

Couldn't transfer
    exit
    start
    Couldn't transfer
    exit
    start
    etc...
    edited April 2012
    Same Problem in "State of Q" mission.
    edited April 2012
    Just had the same issue, both with Out in the Cold, second system, and trying to get into Fluidic Space, on two separate characters.
    edited April 2012
    I just had the problem with Defari Emancipation Daily too.

Same here, can't get into Zeria.
    edited April 2012
    A fleetmate and I have just attempted 'Fluid Dynamics' on her mission progression. We got as far as the warp into Fluidic Space when we were both dropped from the game with the error 'Couldn't transfer character'.

This has happened three times, consecutively, to both of us. It is as if the other portion of the mission is not there and we are simply being dumped out of our login to the splash screen.

This thread needs a bit more noise to escalate its attention to the devs if it has not been done so already. I know they comb the threads for posts like these, let's just make certain that they know this is not a sometimesy once-in-a-while thing only a few people are getting, but is a genuine progression-blocker preventing people from completing this mission.
    edited April 2012
    I have 2 cents spare - let me spend them here...

I too am trapped in a vicious cycle trying to enter fluidic space during Fluidic Dynamics episode...

"Couldn't transfer character" has been haunting me all day...
    edited April 2012
    I have been having this problem with Fluid Dynamics as well, also doing my Dailys on my main i cannot to all of the Deferi ones, i even am having issues with some Foundry missions.
    edited April 2012
    :( I am having the same issue with Zaria System, period. I cant do the daily, and I can't replay the episode. Its like the maps no longer exist although the system thinks that they are there and try to transfer anyways.
    edited April 2012
    Ran into this problem with the Zaria Deferi daily...again. :rolleyes:
    edited April 2012
    I've never had map zone transfer problems before and now I'm getting them several times a day. I couldn't get in to Zaria at all yesterday, but other maps are failing as well. I'll start making notes.
    edited April 2012
    Got the same problems with the Zaria system though I found a temporary solution. At least it works for me ;).

When you get kicked out use the safe login to enter the game. Enter Zaria system. You'll get kicked out. Then use the normal login to get back in the game. Enter Zaria system and I get in.

If it won't work perhaps you could repeat it a few times.
    edited April 2012
    I'm getting the same problem with Fluid Dynamics. The game just won't let me go into fluidic space, even after half a dozen tries on different days. I just ended up skipping it and going onto the next one... I hope it gets fixed soon. I've heard this is a fun mission.
    edited April 2012
    I am in the same boat too. I did do a bug report on the Zaria Breen mission. If this is affecting the numerous "maps", across the game the address issue for the maps need to be resolved.

Make sure any Fail to Transfer Character Errors are bug reported. This will one, give notice to the areas that are in trouble and two if this keeps happening there is the matter of time before STO crashes again.

:eek:
    edited April 2012
    I managed to get into fluidic space. When you got error and log out, log in and try 'safe' mode. If you get error another time, try 'normal' login mode. Error - 'safe', error - 'normal', error - 'safe'... repeat until you get into fluidic space. Worked for me.
    edited April 2012
    I'm getting the "Couldn't transfer character" error also on the State of Q mission, when it's time to progress onto the Saratoga stage. I've tried 3 times in a row now with the same result.
    edited April 2012
    Same result saving Copernicus and then supposed to beam on to Saratoga..

I'Ve done this many times but not since the last season started..
    to remember where it started glitching my fleet was unsure of exact time
    I've been here almost 600 days and its the first time this nice Time w Q hasn't worked.
    edited April 2012
    i also am haveing this issue says couldnt transfer and logs me out in fluid dynamics
    edited April 2012
    I've tried to enter fluidic space about 10 times and I also keep getting the "Couldn't transfer character" error. Choosing "normal" or "safe" login doesn't improve the results.
    edited April 2012
    I too am having this issue. "Couldn't Transfer Character" on State of Q as I need to transfer to Saratoga.
    edited April 2012
    Skwall wrote:
    Have had this issue pop up twice today.

First with 'State of Q', going into the 'Saratoga' Stage.

And again with 'Out in the Cold', after completing the first stage and moving to the Zenia system.

Can we get some kind of update on this?

I've had the same problem on exactly the same missions, coincidence? I skipped "State of Q" only to have the problem reoccur on "Out in the Cold". Thought I should comment so the Developers can look into it.
    edited April 2012
    I have exactly the same error!
This discussion has been closed.