What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Couldn't Transfer Character"

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Last Night I had this same problem, I am hoping they fix this today with the new patches. Its infuriating, I am a Vice Admiral and cannot finish this Mission...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'm sorry, but that's bull. What they need to do is fix the problem. Oh and that Forced Verify thing didn't do squat for me.

I completely agree... just mentioned what i was told. Does seem it's not just restricted to one mission though.
    LarsNL wrote:
    I had the same problem with "Mine the enemy".

Did the mission in part, both me and my friends game crashed.
    What we had to do is leave party, drop the mission , wait a few sec and then accept the mission again.
    Make a party and we enterd the map succesful.
    I think a broken session was active, with reloading the mission the session resets.

I've tried dropping the mission and waiting to be contacted but i still got the big finger from the game! lol..
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    There any news on this? I don't see it listed as fixed in any patchnotes anywhere...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    hadnt had a problem with last friday. but i havent ran that mission since friday (operation gamma that is)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Had this problem repeatedly with the last segment of Treasure Trading Station.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Same issue with the Undine Front episode "A Light in the Dark". Error msg "Couldn't Transfer Character" occurs when trying to load "The Rescue" part of the episode.
    This bug is annoying. I've got it in another mission, and it was resolved without apparent updates.
    May be Cryptic needs better "monkey coders"? ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I am trying to do Treasure Trading Station and I can't enter the Argelius system. Couldn't transfer character.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Verad.Odan wrote:
    Same issue with the Undine Front episode "A Light in the Dark". Error msg "Couldn't Transfer Character" occurs when trying to load "The Rescue" part of the episode.
    This bug is annoying.

I'm getting this same error on this same mission. It is annoying. I would love to know if there is a work-around or something.

THIS WORKED FOR ME!!
    Maybe I just got lucky, but ...

What I did was leave the sector space, then returned and selected to continue the mission. It worked, so maybe this might work for others.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Found this problem with the Argelius system too. Hadn't even started the mission yet.
    It's my next mission, am a Lieutenant 9 wanting to level up!!
    Really hope they can fix this soon...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    finally get to the last episode in fluidic space after months of spacing out the missions so i can enjoy them, get half way through and get hit with the cant transfer character TRIBBLE, now this isnt the first time ive had this happen but it sure as hell is the most annoying, so fix it cause i aint gonna play no more buggy game till you do which means i am not going to spend any more money here till you do, understand?...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I also got this error in the last Undine episode just before beaming down. I haven't read through the whole thread. Has anyone submitted a ticket to Cryptic? I just did and hopefully I'll get a decent answer back.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Trying to do "A Light in the Dark" and when I get to the "Rescue" part, where I'm in fluid space and trying to beam down to rescue the telepath from the Terrordome, I keep getting "Couldn't Transfer Character".

To make it worse, if I try to log back in as a "Safe Login", it puts me back in the Pelia sector, with NO WAY to get back into the mission. A "Normal Login" will usuallly put me in the mission right before I "Couldn't Transfer" but not always. And if it doesn't......I have to drop the mission and restart it, just to try again.

Very frustrating.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    mira800 wrote:
    Found this problem with the Argelius system too. Hadn't even started the mission yet.
    It's my next mission, am a Lieutenant 9 wanting to level up!!
    Really hope they can fix this soon...

Drop the mission, then retake it and travel to the Argelius system if you are not already there.

In your away team roster, select the normal 'Security' personnel instead of your BOffs. Leave the game.

Log back into the game and see if you can proceed with the mission.

This might work for other missions but I don't have this problem with other missions.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thanks, will try that
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok, didn't need to try, logged on this evening and it patched. Since then it's worked fine and I got in to the Argelius system for that mission.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    got this same error while trying to dock with ds9. Now every time i try to leave system take a queue or dock with ds9 i get this msg, looks like im stuck on the ds9 defense force...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok. So, I give up. The sector I'm in only has the one instance, and when I click it... boom. Sends me back to log-in, "Couldn't transfer Character", plus resets my router/modem. Really annoying.

I tried deleting all my "quests", when I deleted the final one, boom. Kicked back to log-in (I wasn't currently involved in a mission that I was aware of so I couldn't keep that last one).

I tried changing out the bridge officers, still no luck.

I tried entering an Enemy Contact instance, wouldn't let me. Said I couldn't interact with that object. I tried to Transwarp to Qo'nos, booted back to log-in, "Couldn't Transfer Character", reset my modem. Same result every time.

If I figure something out OR, if the Devs get me fixed, I will post back here on this thread. For now, I guess it's time to play something else. [sad face]
  • Options
    tigrefuegotigrefuego Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, I said I'd come back here and reply when it was fixed. The last patch "fixed" me. How, why... I don't know but. As I said before, nothing worked for me.
  • Options
    psamtik1993psamtik1993 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    have the same error, one of my kdf toons is stuck in omega leonis, tryed to enter Qo'noS system, visit the bridge, leave the sector place, or joining queues, but the same error apears, nothing works :(

EDIT: this server maintenace fixed it :)
  • Options
    zayne999zayne999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm having the same problem, and it persists. I'm stuck on the Assimilation mission, I can't beam aboard the borg ship.
    Couldn't Transfer Character.

Somebody help!
  • Options
    bladeofkahlessbladeofkahless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Same here. Tried yesterday on two characters with no luck.
    Again today, still no luck. :(

It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
  • Options
    kingtrentonkingtrenton Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This problem is still occurring, although I believe I am the first to post about it happening on the very FIRST KDF space mission (confront Romulans in the Azure System). I have tried everything suggested in previous posts and cannot progress this mission forward. Guess I will keep checking back here to see what the devs say if/when they finally read this thread :(
  • Options
    noelphxnoelphx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This problem is still occurring, although I believe I am the first to post about it happening on the very FIRST KDF space mission (confront Romulans in the Azure System). I have tried everything suggested in previous posts and cannot progress this mission forward. Guess I will keep checking back here to see what the devs say if/when they finally read this thread :(

Same mission for me.
  • Options
    ramen22ramen22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This happens to me on the Research Rescuer mission whenever i enter the Kassae System. This is a brand new account too.
  • Options
    captainluke541captainluke541 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm having a problem with the Kassae mission too. I'm new too.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I couldn't even reenter the system and start over. I just tried again and it let me in. So its fixed, but i'm starting over. I'm mad. I was at the end! LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, caught up right to where i left off and its doing it again.
  • Options
    gcjmgcjm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i was having the same issue with the rapier mission
  • Options
    drewmeribornedrewmeriborne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Same here, Rapier as well..
This discussion has been closed.