Install Arc
Options

So...PW changed what they wanted?

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    It is my opinion that Cryptic was never heavyweight enough to take on this IP. While I am infinitely overjoyed there is a (finally) Star Trek MMO, it is galling and depressing that it now exists in such a starved state with virtually no hope for a desperately needed injection of resources.

This is Star Trek - one of the most enduring, best known sci-fi franchises in popular culture. It, frankly, deserved better.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It is my opinion that Cryptic was never heavyweight enough to take on this IP. While I am infinitely overjoyed there is a (finally) Star Trek MMO, it is galling and depressing that it now exists in such a starved state with virtually no hope for a desperately needed injection of resources.

This is Star Trek - one of the most enduring, best known sci-fi franchises in popular culture. It, frankly, deserved better.

I would hazard a guess that you are not alone in those feelings. As much as I love trek, it has been, interesting, to say the least for the last 2 years.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    It would have been fantastic if Star Trek had found its way into the hands of a company with good funding and the ability to make the game into something worthwhile of the Star Trek name. In some really, really lucky alternate universe Bioware got Star Trek, and made it into a behemoth with lots of moral dilemmas and vast planetside maps to explore, with things to discover and catalogue.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Brigadoom wrote:
    It would have been fantastic if Star Trek had found its way into the hands of a company with good funding and the ability to make the game into something worthwhile of the Star Trek name. In some really, really lucky alternate universe Bioware got Star Trek, and made it into a behemoth with lots of moral dilemmas and vast planetside maps to explore, with things to discover and catalogue.

Yes... The BioWare of the alternate universe would have designed STO that way. The BioWare of this universe would have designed it loke TOR with a Star Trek skin, and there would have been a lot less character customization options, and we'd only ever get one ship to fly around the galaxy in. And their idea of exploration would be finding datacrons in the middle of nowhere.

I hate to say it but STO has way more potential as it is currently designed than TOR does. The problem is that those with the power to do something about it cannot be bothered to do so. The result is that STO isn't even STRIVING to reach its potential. It's just stagnating.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This thread has now most definitely run its course, and is very much going down hill fast. Due to the high number of flaming/trolling posts and/or reported posts in this thread; I'm closing it down. :o

• For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are reported and then simply ignored. :)

• If you think any of your posts within this thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies; please go back and edit such post before a moderator takes action.

• You are more than welcome to start a new thread on the topic, as long as an active thread on the same topic is not currently open and has been posted in within the last 30 days (hence active), in which case you can carry on the discussion in such thread.

• If you feel you need to get in touch with support to discuss the actions taken by any community moderator, you can do so by submitting a support ticket (click here).

Cheers,

Alecto
This discussion has been closed.