test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your worst STF experiance

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering that Borg Red Alerts aren't STFs, I don't know if it would count...

But my worst experience - and unfortunately it's one that I keep encountering - is when everyone works well to take out the four Borg battle groups...

then the Unimatrix vessel shows up and I'm suddenly finding myself fighting it alone because everyone else is off shooting at the various Probes. (I'm guessing to work towards those 'Defender Of' accolades).

Annoys me because it means that I've essentially just wasted twenty minutes or so with nothing to show for it. Personally, I'm hoping Cryptic is serious when they talk about PvE events being changed to give rewards based on participation instead of completion...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • augustofvhaugustofvh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could use the system system they use in Karrat (something like that), where you gain better reward as you participate. I go there sometimes to farm dilithium for my klingon character and once the klingon team complete the objectives I just see a message announcing it and don't get any gear at all. (Since i didn't help, it's fair)
    edited May 2013
    augustofvh wrote: »
    They could use the system system they use in Karrat (something like that), where you gain better reward as you participate. I go there sometimes to farm dilithium for my klingon character and once the klingon team complete the objectives I just see a message announcing it and don't get any gear at all. (Since i didn't help, it's fair)
    You meant like instead of 10 Omega Marks/480 (or is it 940?) Dil for completion, something like 1 OM/50 Dil for each Battle Group, 2 OM/80 Dil for achieving all four battle groups, then 4 Omega Marks/200 Dil for defeating the Unimatrix vessel?

Yeah, I think I could live with something like that...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    then the Unimatrix vessel shows up and I'm suddenly finding myself fighting it alone because everyone else is off shooting at the various Probes.
    Could be worse: They could all be ignoring the Regeneration Probes.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering that Borg Red Alerts aren't STFs, I don't know if it would count...

But my worst experience - and unfortunately it's one that I keep encountering - is when everyone works well to take out the four Borg battle groups...

then the Unimatrix vessel shows up and I'm suddenly finding myself fighting it alone because everyone else is off shooting at the various Probes. (I'm guessing to work towards those 'Defender Of' accolades).

Annoys me because it means that I've essentially just wasted twenty minutes or so with nothing to show for it. Personally, I'm hoping Cryptic is serious when they talk about PvE events being changed to give rewards based on participation instead of completion...

One time I had a bunch of people who kept switching sides....dont they know that shields protect hull? Why try to waste time with another facing...
    edited May 2013
    And let's not forget the infamous 'Instant Death Invisible Plasma Ball' that the Unimatrix keeps launching and you can't see until your ship is hit and you're suddenly informed that you're dead... That Cryptic claimed to have fixed, yet still keeps getting encountered.

Only 'reason' - and it's a flimsy one at that - for the Borg RA is to get Omega Marks without having to go all the way to Defera...

*Looks around*

So, it would be safe to say that a decent number of us are in agreement that the Red Alerts need to be added to the list of things in the game that need work (and will probably never be gotten to)?
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I rarely bother with HOSE. The Dev who thought that stupid Zerg-rush was a good idea should be forced to play it hourly for two days.

It is almost always a fail - you get past the initial cube group, along come the unimatrix ships and it all goes to hell. You focus on the unimatrix ships, the probes or spheres blindside you. You focus on the probes and spheres, the unimatrix ships blindside you.

As I said, nine times out of ten the mission ends with players quitting out of sheer frustration. I don't care what anyone says - it's a VERY poorly thought out mission.

on the contrary. I believe much thought went into it. I think the devs were really thinking how they could make it hard, without pointing at the obvious design flaws, that most enemy ships have one or two OP powers (they are still way too easy to defeat, dont get me wrong). when they realized that the AI cant be made stronger to give a harder challange, they just gave up, and put thos OP powered ships, that are alone easily defeatable into huge groups (even then they are just only an annoyance because of their given on or two OP powers that cannot be countered many times), and giving a boss that has all of those powers all in one.

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must be idiot day today, or I'm just having an extremely unlucky day.
    Start off with CSN, to get the day started, warp in, and first thing I see? Every single ship has 5+ "Injuries".
    Did Infected Elite, rounded up some people who supposedly knew what they were doing. Two had a list of injuries, and they all had a skittle/rainbow setup :eek:

Did about 4 more random Elite runs, with basically the same results, wasted time, and a bit of a headache.
    Think I'm going to take the weekend off from STF's until the idiots return to school
  • rainbowarcanarainbowarcana Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More annoying than nightmarish. The Conduit: regular, with five science ships. "Ok" I thought, "So we're not going to see a whole lot of burst damage, but what can go wrong?"

Nothing died. Beams zapping everywhere, sound and fury signifying nothing. It was like we were throwing shoes at the Borg. Five scientists should equal five grav wells, five rifts and five sets of buffs, debuffs and heals but mine were the only ones. The other four players appeared to do nothing but fly in circles mashing the Fire All button. We completed eventually but it took over half an hour to plink them down.
    edited May 2013
    More annoying than nightmarish. The Conduit: regular, with five science ships. "Ok" I thought, "So we're not going to see a whole lot of burst damage, but what can go wrong?"

Nothing died. Beams zapping everywhere, sound and fury signifying nothing. It was like we were throwing shoes at the Borg. Five scientists should equal five grav wells, five rifts and five sets of buffs, debuffs and heals but mine were the only ones. The other four players appeared to do nothing but fly in circles mashing the Fire All button. We completed eventually but it took over half an hour to plink them down.
    *Groans*

I'll admit, as a player with Tac/Eng leanings, I'm a bit of a Fire-All masher, but please, tell me you're joking - that's all they did?

No High Yield Torps or Spreads? No dropping mines? Venting Warp Plasma?

Nothing but Fire-All?
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    on the contrary. I believe much thought went into it. I think the devs were really thinking how they could make it hard, without pointing at the obvious design flaws, that most enemy ships have one or two OP powers (they are still way too easy to defeat, dont get me wrong). when they realized that the AI cant be made stronger to give a harder challange, they just gave up, and put thos OP powered ships, that are alone easily defeatable into huge groups (even then they are just only an annoyance because of their given on or two OP powers that cannot be countered many times), and giving a boss that has all of those powers all in one.

Well, having 3 or 4 team mates above 5 k - how many have you had in the last month? I can count mine on the finger of my right hand....and I'll still have a finger or two left to poke the eyes of a "I know it all" person, that I meet too often for my liking :D
    Seriously - me and 4 fleet mates - I'm in, but puging HOSE is out of the question, because I know I'll be facing 4 cubes by myself at a time and the rest of the team will be goofing around and dying.
    And that's the reason why we (well, you got me into parsing my logs) aim to make our ships stronger - to compensate for the incompetent...but it surely has its limits. ISE, KASE, CSE - they can be carried - HOSE can't, because it needs at least two people to carry (c.a. 10k DPS and above). And that's IMO the reason why there are so many failed instances.

WHINE: STO is down, so is Neverwinter. Doh...
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, having 3 or 4 team mates above 5 k - how many have you had in the last month? I can count mine on the finger of my right hand....and I'll still have a finger or two left to poke the eyes of a "I know it all" person, that I meet too often for my liking :D
    Seriously - me and 4 fleet mates - I'm in, but puging HOSE is out of the question, because I know I'll be facing 4 cubes by myself at a time and the rest of the team will be goofing around and dying.
    And that's the reason why we (well, you got me into parsing my logs) aim to make our ships stronger - to compensate for the incompetent...but it surely has its limits. ISE, KASE, CSE - they can be carried - HOSE can't, because it needs at least two people to carry (c.a. 10k DPS and above). And that's IMO the reason why there are so many failed instances.

I understand why people are saying it is hard, but I dont find it a valid reason. HOSE was obviously put in the game for those who whine how easy STFs are, so those who have trouble with killing probes (most pugs), should not really complain about a hard stf being hard. on that note, it is not hard for those, who thought STFs were easy to start with, only requires a bit more critical thinking, and maybe takes a bit more time.

and the fact that many people say that with a group of 5k dps people you can easily beat HOSE, kind of outlines my point. 5k is the low end of the spectrum, lol. I easily double that in a non-dps class, with a non-dps ship, and I am not even a good player. so basically this kinda proves, how easy HOSE is.
    WHINE: STO is down, so is Neverwinter. Doh...
    so is everything else :) tho I am not doin much til LoR, so I dont mind :D

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just going to post this one because I'm bored. Its nothing out of the ordinary.

There I was.... :D

CSN pug.

Said 'HI' as usual.

No responce, imagine that....

I flew right and started on the cube, killed the two BOPSs.

Two people died.

Three of the other four had damages.

Killed 4 of the nodes, looked back and the Kang was surrounded.

Two people at the center cube.

Flew to the Kang and rescued it and sent a heal.

Asked if anyone had done a CSN before, no answer.

Flew back and killed my cube.

Flew past cube two and killed the spawn.

I now saw that all 4 ships were pounding on the nodes, two nodes were dead, three ships had Rainbow/Technicolor beams, one had Skittles plus Rainbow/Technicolor beams.

I flew on to cube three and killed some spawn.

Saw two people die again.

Started on the nodes and finished them off quick.

Killed some more spawn.

Killed cube three.

Flew back to cube two and killed the remaining node and the cube.

All four of the other ships were following a raptor back to the Kang.

Saw someone die.

I hailed the Kang and went back to kill the Raptor for them.

I checked their accolade, all under 2000. :eek:

I asked again if anyone had done a CSN before, No responce again.

Killed the carrier and grabbed my loot.

Said, 'No GGs here, bad team, baaaddddd....' :D

No responce.... :eek:
  • theeishtmotheeishtmo Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I don't know, I don't even consider hose hard. When you first see it, it's intimidating with all those tac cubes, but after a couple of runs you get used to it. I pugged it the other night and we beat it with teammates having at least 10 injuries lol. Took about 30min (maybe even closer to an hour), missed every optional lol. People just need to learn not to engage every tac cubes on their own.

I still think the spheres are a greater threat than those cubes. Hell, double the number of tac cubes and remove the spheres and I'm betting it would be EASIER. I LIKE HOSE, but I tend to want at least a couple fleet mates with me if we're forced to pug (carrying 1 or 2 pugs is easy enough, more than that though. . .).

Now into the hive (ground) is another story. It requires some good situational awareness, especially in the queen's room, or you're dead the moment you step in there. It too can be easily beat but it feels like you need to invest more thinking/effort, more so than any other STF mission.

I've done it twice. First time we blew through it (I think it was on tribble, been a bit though), the second time was an absolute slaughter and we never finished it. Really want to go back and do it again sometime. . .
    I know there is a method but all I see is madness.
  • omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow... I've had a few that were close to being that bad. And usually it's CSN. In fact, it's almost ALWAYS CSN. And because of that, I now usually ask if everyone knows NOT to kill the cubes until all the probes are gone (unless they are all running huge dps, which in case I don't worry about it). But every so often, I do get ONE person who doesn't know. And when that one person blows up a cube, things usually go to Hell.

Today, it happened again. We had one guy barking orders from the start, which I didn't mind. He did sit for about 5 minutes defending the Kang, with him yelling that only two was needed. Kinda hard when there was a huge fleet of BoPs for some reason. After we thinned them out and me and another guy flew left and worked on probes while the orders guy went right while two hed the Kang. Then as the last probe blew I started heading center an noticed the player that was with me was attacking the cube. I told him to stop, and he listened and we bother went center with the orders guy. As we were working on center, I noticed another player started attacking the other cube. i yell out for them to stop, but they don't listen and finish off the cube. Things go downhill from there and within minutes, the Kang goes bye-bye.

My only thinking is that either that person blatantly ignored us or they had their chat off. Either way, it frustrates me when players have NO clue what they are doing in that stf.
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
  • jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omegaher0 wrote: »
    My only thinking is that either that person blatantly ignored us or they had their chat off. Either way, it frustrates me when players have NO clue what they are doing in that stf.

First and most important of all the rules for Noobes in CSN is, "Turn Chat Screen Off"
    edited May 2013
    The day before yesterday I was in CSE with a "I know everything!" person in the team.

After a minute I figured that I was in a low DPS team. "OK, we can make it" was what I thought.
    After a while I see in the chat the following "Guys, you know we need to finish within the 15 minutes to get the bonus, right?" I was like "Say what again!?". I cleared the middle cube and the as^2ole started shooting at the cube. I PM-ed him not to kill the cube. "I've done this a hundred times, this is how it's done" was the answer. "It's more like your fifth elite I guess", I answered. Eventually, he killed the cube, and I stopped playing for a minute, just to see how they can cope with the mess....I felt pity for the rest of the team so I got back in, but I decided not to use any buffs and put the scorpions on "recall" - that puts me in the "average PuG-er" DPS level (4k at best), just to demonstrate the difference. After 3 waves of Neghs I got tired and decided to end it.....and the result is another player in the "ignore" list.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blowing a cube is a valid tactic by the way. It is one of the objective anyway lol.

In this example mister "I know it all" started my blowing up middle cube. Please remind us which one of generally accepted tactics calls for that, especially in low-dps team.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    edited May 2013
    I mean...in the end I switched to full trottle and finished a wing of Neghs, two or three probes and a cube for a minute. Low DPS means low DPS - like shooting at BoPs until they reach the Kang - do I need to explain more? And a total lack of CC skills. Do you mind telling me how you can successfully complete CSE without a 10k DPS ship in this very situation (namely MRL)? I rarely fail SFTs because the player base made me carry STFs. Everything I do complain now is just the annoying stuff that make me work harder for their loot. Or maybe doing 50% of the team's DPS isn't carrying?
    Anyway, yesterday I clocked an ISE -NOT using any offensive buffs besides Sensor scan - i did not use fighters either. The results were better than I expected, which left me baffled as to how can soo many captains do low DPS!?
  • sven2561sven2561 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is all the same whether it's left, middle or right. I don't know what you mean by low dps, but CSE takes planning and team coordination to finish without a fail. CSE doesn't require you to have over 10k dps to do it.

If by low dps builds means you are handicapped in some way in ship performance, then you shouldn't queue for elite misisons in the first place. Learn ship mechanics, how to build your boat right and after a couple of tutorial then you queue for elite missions. I recommend a few practice runs on normal though and after a couple of tries, only then you should be ready for elite missions.

Just to point out middle cube is a big no no.

As if either end has low dps it's much further to fly to help cover them, ie from one side to the other. thus you should always blow either end first. Then it's not that far to fly to help out the lower dps side if they need help.
    edited May 2013
    It is all the same whether it's left, middle or right. I don't know what you mean by low dps, but CSE takes planning and team coordination to finish without a fail. CSE doesn't require you to have over 10k dps to do it.

I was referring to a guy trying to pull RML in a weak pug without consulting it first. Or MRL in that matter.

If by low dps builds means you are handicapped in some way in ship performance, then you shouldn't queue for elite misisons in the first place. Learn ship mechanics, how to build your boat right and after a couple of tutorial then you queue for elite missions. I recommend a few practice runs on normal though and after a couple of tries, only then you should be ready for elite missions.

Are you suggesting my ships are handicapped when it comes to DPS and sending me to school again? Well, you are barking at the wrong tree. Go shave a tribble.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • g7pkj001g7pkj001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know it's not an STF as such, but the Mirror incursion (daily) event frequently annoys me.

More often than not the actual Federation Vs Terran ship fights proceed nicely. Then the ISS Stadi shows up and, more often than not, everyone goes after the Stadi. The number of times I've found myself trying (and often failing) to fight off numerous Terran battleships singlehanded as a result of almost everyone else charging off to shoot at the Stadi......
    :rolleyes:

i can help with this one the idea of hitting the stadi first lies in the amount of times you an get into a mirror before it ends. you get more drops,dil,exp going in more times than trying the optional. that is why people go for the stadi, hit, grab, go, requeue
  • g7pkj001g7pkj001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 fleet, 1 pug, pug runs in, agros the whole group and draws them over the respawn point :(
    then 1 escort gets kicked of the server, and cant make it back....great, but hell, we have the dps...right. the first bonus, no chance but ok, after everyone getting malked by tac cubes, w move on to the matrix. this is where it got bad. 01 turns 90 degrees and the invisible torps turn up, 3 escorts with dhc's all fleet weapons couldnt dent the paintwork, one escorts DHC magicly got a 180 firing arc and in the end, we all parked up and had a meeting about bugging out, deciding to leave and take the hit.
  • hikaru1024hikaru1024 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know it's not an STF as such, but the Mirror incursion (daily) event frequently annoys me.

More often than not the actual Federation Vs Terran ship fights proceed nicely. Then the ISS Stadi shows up and, more often than not, everyone goes after the Stadi. The number of times I've found myself trying (and often failing) to fight off numerous Terran battleships singlehanded as a result of almost everyone else charging off to shoot at the Stadi......
    :rolleyes:

To be honest, I do this too. I sprint for the stadi when I see it - but there's an important difference between most people and myself. I use fire at will, and try very hard to tank the stadi and everything around it. Frequently I get battered, but my fleet excelsior does a wonderful job at surviving.
    edited May 2013
    You stated your team was weak in dps,

It was not a team I was in... You may want to go back in this thread and read it again, maybe then you will understand. I'll make it easy for you, it was post #2144.

Unless all three cubes are equidistant relative to the kang, then this reply is fail lmao.

How does this relate to a guy who tries to pull RML (or MRL, as in the discussed example) in an average pug without announcing that intent to the team? Because results of such action are very easy to predict.In your own words, "I don't know what you mean by low dps, but CSE takes planning and team coordination to finish without a fail."
    (Captain Obvious thing: blowing up middle cube first makes it harder cause in case if right/left guard fails their job, it takes more time to reach them and help).

Has it occured to you that the guy who kills the middle cube just like he routinely did in CSN may be unable to handle consequences on elite?

As for low-dps boats queueing for elites, I see them all the time. Moreover, I'm kinda expecting them. Like the guy who was killed by a damaged, almost shieldless sphere. Twice. Watching them is one of small joys of pugging. And I'm far from saying they should not queueing for elites, because most of them eventually learn and adapt.
    edited May 2013
    Handling it means you've learned the basics on ship mechanics, if it's your first time doing elite missions, ask questions to your pugmates and follow instructions... Communicate! Mistakes happen, adapt or die! Don't queue up if you can't do any of that or you just asking for constant mission failure.

Again I'm under impression that you are trying to "advise" me on basics. Again, I'm telling you that you are barking at the wrong tree. Go shave another tribble.

As for communications in average pug, it does not exist. I was in CSE today, and after cleaning middle probes some dork in oddy started to shoot the cube, I first asked him not to do that, then PMed him, and finally yelled at him in Capslock. No effect, middle cube gone, optional gone since guys on far left were wiped by raptors. Twice. When it happened, I was kinda busy with a Negh and 4 raptors on the right, so I couldn't rush to left.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    g7pkj001 wrote: »
    i can help with this one the idea of hitting the stadi first lies in the amount of times you an get into a mirror before it ends. you get more drops,dil,exp going in more times than trying the optional. that is why people go for the stadi, hit, grab, go, requeue

This pretty much sums it up. There is nothing to gain from doing either the Optional or destroying those ships that are accompanying the Stadi at Level 50. So most PuGs will just automatically go for the Stadi when it appears and most of the times it goes down before the adds even get into firing range.
  • ensignthrowawayensignthrowaway Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just felt like venting someplace.

So, I queued for KSE with my KDF tac. He's freshly 50.

I come in to find the mission already in progress with the optional failed: 2/10 probes have gotten through. I figure... you know, whatever, I don't mind helping out anyway. I'd rather suck it up than wait an hour. It's not like 15 marks are the end of the world. I see three guys on the left, one on the right. I figure the guy on the right must be on probe duty.

I also see two more probes from the left almost to the transwarp gate - presumably they lost their probe guard - and so I zip in, trap them in a gravity well and nuke 'em. Then, as I don't know who lost the optional, I flip around to make sure that the guy on the right has his.

He's ignoring his probes in favor of hammering the gate. I haven't given up hope yet: I figure he might think my BoP can handle all the probes. That much is certainly true: I have sufficient DPS and CC to zip over and take those out, then flip around and handle the next wave from the left too. It's a little tight due to my crappy gear, but careful use of Evasive Maneuvers is enough to get me in front of each wave in time.

Then the guy on the right does enough damage to spawn a cube. I figure that's fine. When I'm on my Fed engi, I solo elite cubes all the time. No big deal.

... but no. The guy on the right *dies* to his cube, leaving it free floating.

I try to skirt it: I'd rather worry about the probes than try to solo it. The cube spots me anyway, and it goes about as well as I'd expected.

I repair my damage, blocking my view of the proceedings. When I respawn, the guy on the right is now *ignoring* his cube, leaving it loitering in front of the transwarp gate. He's also let another round of probes get through, so we're at 8/10.

The PUGgies on the left come help - no longer busy with their own cube - but it's too late.

Obviously, we lost.

The guy on the right never even stopped shooting his gate. Never said a word in team chat, didn't go afk... just systematically ignored every moving target in favor of the gate structure.

Anyway, I just felt like complaining about it to *someone*, and I don't imagine anybody IRL wants to hear my STO horror stories.
    edited May 2013
    Saw another idiot in CSE today.

Game starts, I post "MRRMLL" in team chat and it looks like team knows what to do. At the beginning all goes well; middle probes wiped, right probes cleaned. Suddenly one of the pugmates (who already died once) says something "please don't kill any cube until all probes are done". Someone responds with "thats not how MRRMLL works". First guy repeats his plea about probes. I personally kill right cube and rush to kill off middle raptors, and I notice that someone is helping me, so its going fast enough. Then I jump on middle cube and suddenly its only a 4-man match, because the "don't kill a cube" guy left when optional timer showed something like 5 minutes. Then comes a raptor spawn, after that second cube falls, last cube not much later, and I rush over Neghs to hail Kang. We missed optional by maybe a minute.
    What annoyed me is if that whiner had not bail, we would get optional.
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited May 2013
    notoryczny wrote: »
    Saw another idiot in CSE today.

Game starts, I post "MRRMLL" in team chat and it looks like team knows what to do. At the beginning all goes well; middle probes wiped, right probes cleaned. Suddenly one of the pugmates (who already died once) says something "please don't kill any cube until all probes are done". Someone responds with "thats not how MRRMLL works". First guy repeats his plea about probes. I personally kill right cube and rush to kill off middle raptors, and I notice that someone is helping me, so its going fast enough. Then I jump on middle cube and suddenly its only a 4-man match, because the "don't kill a cube" guy left when optional timer showed something like 5 minutes. Then comes a raptor spawn, after that second cube falls, last cube not much later, and I rush over Neghs to hail Kang. We missed optional by maybe a minute.
    What annoyed me is if that whiner had not bail, we would get optional.

There are lots of terrible players that do this. Specifically demanding that the cubes aren't killed before the probes are gone. I had one stf where four of the team were defending kang and doing a terrible job at it but in theory they should have been able to cope. Of course it meant I had to solo taking down the cubes. I was busy killing the right cube, it went down. It turned out that they were still sitting around kang overwhelmed with the raptors. Literally npcs only started dying when I flew over there.

Then it failed because four people couldn't put out enough dps. I was glad that it failed because it would have failed sooner or later and I could put my time into something less terrible. Then I got a loud mouth idiot that decided to message me to abuse me, yes abuse the person carrying the entire pug. I explained to him that he should stick to normal stfs until he could fit a ship. It got entertaining when he said he was a fleet leader. I can imagine all of the people he is leading being taught how to play badly.

I pretty much expect kang to die if I'm pugging, and I don't care if others in the team explode a lot. So long as they don't sit around kang in a circle struggling to fly their stationary ships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]