test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    mhighison wrote: »
    Visually, you will be able to chose gender, and you will get the full range of options that Aliens currently have, so you can have them look like whatever sort of Android you want. (Plus, we are working on a couple more bits to add on)

Bravisimo!
    (Plus, we are working on a couple more bits to add on)

Is the android . . . fully functional?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHcN4Gm8tzM
    edited November 2011
    I want my Android to have Holographic Skin so it can change its appearance at a whim.

I would like the Hologram Boff to have this too, but with a Android that has holographic skin you don't have to worry about its mobile emitter malfunctioning and being easily captured or destroyed.

And yes I know this will be similar ( But different lol ) to a PROXY Droid ( Click )
    edited November 2011
    Visually, you will be able to chose gender, and you will get the full range of options that Aliens currently have, so you can have them look like whatever sort of Android you want. (Plus, we are working on a couple more bits to add on)

Excellent, I think the other posters idea about a universal bridge officer was a very good one. That would be a great feature.
    edited November 2011
    I just hope we can have metallic textures on our androids.
    edited November 2011

Thanks for responding to this! However, your response kind of ignores the question of class. In that BOffs are pretty much paper dolls their appearance is of little concern vs their functional contribution.
    edited November 2011
    So the 700 day vet reward fully customizable (gender also) Android BOFF is a 100% happening thing?
    edited November 2011
    RockMax wrote: »
    So the 700 day vet reward fully customizable (gender also) Android BOFF is a 100% happening thing?

Don't treat any of this as a promise, you might be setting yourself up for a letdown. But yes, this seems to state that it will be fully customizable with regard to appearance.
    edited November 2011
    Edited out for double post

edited November 2011
    anazonda wrote: »
    I belive that wont happen... CBS refused Data-Type androids in the game I belive.

So tht leaves me picking one from either the :

Maisy series,
    Anna Belle Series,
    Trudy Series or
    Oscar series correct?

And if so can i ahve them ina set of twins?

"Trudy 123 please bring us to course 144 Mark 277. Ahead Warp Factor 5" Shakara tells her helmswoman. She then turns to her Communications officer "Trudy 514 Plese contact Starbase 29 and inform them that Haruna is enroute."

The trudy's reply "Aye Aye"

"Now if i could just get a partner for Bowling in the ships bowling ally" Shak says to herself.

"We are not programmed to repsond in that area" the Trudy's Reply
    edited November 2011
    Are some of these "special options" going to be Tentacles on the mouth and pincer hands?
    I figure if it's going to be a "very rare alien" BO, Why Not Zoidberg?! (\/)_lo,,,ol_(\/)
    edited November 2011
    Are some of these "special options" going to be Tentacles on the mouth and pincer hands?
    I figure if it's going to be a "very rare alien" BO, Why Not Zoidberg?! (\/)_lo,,,ol_(\/)

You can not be suggesting that the flagship feature of this game is lacking? It's so perfect with the not offering multipedal configurations, tentacles, and the like. I'm sure you noticed in the series that all races in the galaxy are bipedal humanoids.
    edited November 2011

But you will not be able to choose class?

If not, could we please be made aware of the class?

Thanks Matt.
    edited November 2011
    Curs0r wrote: »
    You can not be suggesting that the flagship feature of this game is lacking? It's so perfect with the not offering multipedal configurations, tentacles, and the like. I'm sure you noticed in the series that all races in the galaxy are bipedal humanoids.

Indeed, just like the Edosians , Species 8472 , etc
    edited November 2011

I just want to ask, if you can make the Android this customizable, can you not go back and make the Holographic BOff, Reman BOff and KA Borg BOff customizable? I can understand the Breen being non-customizable (except for renaming purposes) but the others should be fully customizable.

:cool:
    edited November 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    I just want to ask, if you can make the Android this customizable, can you not go back and make the Holographic BOff, Reman BOff and KA Borg BOff customizable? I can understand the Breen being non-customizable (except for renaming purposes) but the others should be fully customizable.

I'll repeat what I've always said on this:I'd at least like combadges.
    edited November 2011
    Any chance this will be ready by 12/16? That the day I hit 700.
    edited November 2011
    Blackavaar wrote: »

Holographic BO? It seems pretty easy to fix to me, same with the Borg, because there is already tech in the game to alter it (alien template for the holographic BO, Liberated Borg template for the Borg BO).

The Reman would require a new Reman template for the character creator, which is more work for the Devs, but will eventually be necessary for the new Romulan faction.
    edited November 2011
    I want to be able to look at my android from a distance and know unequivocally it's an android.

I like Lal's beta stage to be an option, if this is available I'd want my android to look like this: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Lal_android.jpg

My second choice for appearance would be the Automated Personal Unit: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Automated_Personnel_Unit

Also give us an option to have their positron brain exposed: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Positronicbrain.jpg

Giving them a shiny skin option would help.

This better be good. Go big or go home cryptic. Don't pull a "photonic boff" fiasco on us.

What are the traits of our Android boff going to be?

My 700 day mark falls on Christmas. Don't ruin the holiday Cryptic.
    edited November 2011
    A choice would be cool, but what would be cooler is if it was RANDOM! *L*
    edited November 2011
    I find that I'm really looking forward to this reward. While they may be rare to start as more veterans unlock them, they will become more common. I know the Artists can't comment on this. But I wanted to ask if STO might offer an optional mission which indicates how these Androids come to serve Starfleet in such numerous capacity? Something beyond, for example, a throw-a-way dialogue from someone at ESD.
    edited November 2011
    I want to be able to look at my android from a distance and know unequivocally it's an android.

I like Lal's beta stage to be an option, if this is available I'd want my android to look like this: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Lal_android.jpg

My second choice for appearance would be the Automated Personal Unit: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Automated_Personnel_Unit

Also give us an option to have their positron brain exposed: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Positronicbrain.jpg

These options would all be great. Especially the exposed brain. Would be cool to see exposed brain as HP dips below 70% or something like that or when taking physical damage.
    edited November 2011
    I find that I'm really looking forward to this reward. While they may be rare to start as more veterans unlock them, they will become more common. I know the Artists can't comment on this. But I wanted to ask if STO might offer an optional mission which indicates how these Androids come to serve Starfleet in such numerous capacity? Something beyond, for example, a throw-a-way dialogue from someone at ESD.

These are the things that I feel are some of the most missed opportunities in STO.

When we're given something special like this, make a mission with the object as a reward. Even if it's just a very short mission. Anything would be better than clicking a console or looking at a vendor to acquire these special rewards.

I understand the plan is for the Odyssey-class to be introduced with some sort of mission. And the new Defiant variant and new Defiant interior are being held back to coincide with the new DS9 Featured Episodes. These two examples are a step in the right direction.

Tying in the reward with even a small amount of content will go a long way toward the player base both being happier in general and feeling a larger sense of satisfaction with their reward.
    edited November 2011
    Curs0r wrote: »

If you count the Star trek the animated series: Arex was a tripedal, with three arms - heck I want Cryptic to make it possible to make tripedal beings at the tailor, can use the Undine model for that. I want to make an Arex.

I prefer: "The Clamps," "The Clamps"
    edited November 2011

With things like BOFFs, I will like to have my imagination fly! So, in mi modest opinion, just give me the Android and that is all.
    edited November 2011
    We need choice if it be a free item or c-store. I would buy 3 Borg if they had efficient from the c-store. They just need to deploy an approach of offering variations.

I even think ships need more variations i.e. the spinal phaser/lance, why just a phaser? They could earn profit by selling an unlock (not a console) just a setting that allows any energy type.

Point defense system is phaser also which I think is just silly. How about an extra 200 c-store credits too unlock it so we can switch it too any energy type.

More choice, more choice, more choice
    edited November 2011
    Looks like I'll be getting my Android on December 23 2011 :)
    edited December 2011
    Now we just needs to get us playable androids...yesssss... my... precioussss...

Sorry, had a great character concept for an android player character for about a year now, and it gnaws at my mind...
    edited December 2011
    paynesgrey wrote: »
    Now we just needs to get us playable androids...yesssss... my... precioussss...

Sorry, had a great character concept for an android player character for about a year now, and it gnaws at my mind...

If we were ever allowed to have our first officer turn into a playable toon you would be able to play one....but that concept died with many many others when PW took over.
    edited December 2011
    teaser photos and stats Cryptic! the day draws near!
    edited December 2011
    if this theoretical android boof we would all want is a real android.....make it a universal bridge officer. allow it to learn any abilities you want, allow it to fill any slot you have. just don't allow non slot abilities to work, so no eng team 3 on a defiant or anything super whackie like that, but i can use it as a sci officer in space and a tac on the ground, or most importiantly allow the droid to use all possible ground powers. medical tri3 and suppressing fire with the ability to bring in a turret to aid you. There is no reason this can't work well. its not going to break pvp since the ship slots will only take powers for that slot (just make people pick a power set for any universal officer slot) and boofs are rarely if ever used in ground pvp

^^This This this.

Otherwise what do you get? Same old Boff with a new skin. and you only see this skin on away mission anyways.

This idea would make the Boff something to aspire to get and something to actual reward the vet.

I would go so far to say let it be completely verstile and can train any skill in any slot(this wont break the game). There is only one android officer i know in Trek and he could enjoy(not just listen to) 10 operas at the same time, so a humon level 4 engineering skill or a tactical officer lvl 3 skill would be child's play !