What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Problem

Comments

• Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Up down up down, fix the bloody problem.

Yep game crapped out again.

Take the game down get it fixed dont leave it like it is, unreliable frustrating.

I give up today just like yesterday, that two days which the game will not work correctly.

Realy poor show....
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Got DC'd now I can't log in. Assorted DNS errors, traces stop at the same place they did yesterday.

How long are these "tests" expected to last?

I've already cancelled any STO-related plans for tomorrow.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    bigbigtrekbigbigtrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just take the game down and fix it please.
  • Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any idea what that means ?

When I am changing maps in a mission I get kicked out of the game and that is the error that comes up. I am still able to log back in and continue until the next time it happens.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    it was working just fine today untile I logged of for a while and tryed to get back online and it wont let me I thought they have fixed the damn thing I want to play my game :mad:
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wha?

The game works just fine... not even a drop in FPS.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    drywashdrywash Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    arrrgghhh!! come on cryptic!! half way through the Romulan mission to destroy Borg technology and the game froze in the middle of beaming fown to the station! come on, 3rd day in a row it is is broken...FIX IT!!!!!!
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How about loading anything up on the site latting your community know whats is going on. Most people are willing understand technical issues, is some communication is being done. It is a shame we have to dig for it!
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hmmm I just got punted during a map change.........wtf:mad:
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    looks like the issue has returned , well it has for me anyways as i am having the same problems as yesterday . been playing all after noon but had to go out and when i returned = no sto :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    dagrekkdagrekk Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Got booted, ran tracert and got hung up at Cogent again.

@anazonda, it's sporadic at best, it might not affect you but it's definitely affecting others.
  • Options
    sauroman33sauroman33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok is this **** seriously not fixed yet? As much as I love the launcher failing every 9/10 times it would be nice to actually, you know, BE ABLE TO PLAY THE ****ING GAME!
  • Options
    lindal1lindal1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    been a few days now with the launcher error and can only occasionaly connect and after log out cant get back in ................ any chance this will be resolved in the next month or 2???;)
  • Options
    senokeclipsesenokeclipse Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Solution :

It's a conflict with a program named : "Pando Media Booster"

Desactive it and you can launch your game again :)
  • Options
    hedonastickhedonastick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yup, same issue as yesterday for me too... Trying to update the launcher, Please be patient, Tried connecting 2 times: Unable to establish connection to patch server error --> No pew pew. :(
  • Options
    chi1701dchi1701d Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Even bypassing the launcher doesn't fix the issue, it just hangs on connecting to account server.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    love getting punted during a map change.......wtf:mad:
  • Options
    warbird001warbird001 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just got it too, now it won't allow me to go into the launcher at all. Cryptic fix this! I have been online all of today! What on Earth is going on!?
  • Options
    assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't login anymore again.:( I hope it's fixed on Thursday.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • Options
    xxninjaz1xxxxninjaz1xx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ok ive just logged on, managed to set off rep projects, tried to change map - during which something tried to patch and failed. i quit out of the game and tried to log in again, and what do you know the launch problem is back. please can this be sorted.
  • Options
    cardie47cardie47 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same. I logged off for 15mins then can't even get launcher to start when trying to log back on. Sometimes get a white STO launcher screen.
  • Options
    agentgreasyagentgreasy Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So I was playing for about 5min, entered and exited a system, and now its gone.

Though this time, its gone entirely. As in, theres no response at all. as in... the web server that was running there is no longer up.

Port 80 is down. Its not a hop problem. Last night it was, this is not. Test or nothing, you aint testing the right thing.

If you are going to intentionally take something down, give us heads up first. Testing **** willy-nilly is the thing I expect from private beta testing and tribble, not holodeck and especially not mid day.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Meh got punted during a map change..........thanks I was working on Fleet marks.......:mad:
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Solution :

It's a conflict with a program named : "Pando Media Booster"

Desactive it and you can launch your game again :)
    Unless that's something bundled with the STO client, I don't have that, yet I'm having the issue, again.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    cardie47 wrote: »
    Same. I logged off for 15mins then can't even get launcher to start when trying to log back on. Sometimes get a white STO launcher screen.

This is really getting F****** annoying how are we suppossed to enjoy the anniversery if this keeps happing to us
  • Options
    bertysmithbertysmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I cannot believe that this has happened again. Totally ruins the game for me. Never knowing if your gonna be able to get on.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    same issue as yesterday then , i had this also and have been playing for hours and now this :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    bigbigtrekbigbigtrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vingvega wrote: »
    So is this game open beta?

No its not its Free to Play.
  • Options
    thargorichithargorichi Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was able to log on earlier but now I'm experiencing the same problem as yesterday. Somebody flip the wrong switch again?
  • Options
    nastrositynastrosity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so were still down or is it just me again? wth the loader doesnt work from hour to hour