What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 20, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Problems with crafting costing DIL is that crafters cant sell their itmes for DIL only EC this in my book is way stupid.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Accurate. Since those powers wouldnt be swappable to another ship there was no real need to make it a console.
    Uhm, true. But if you made it a console, the players would have needed to put that console in a console slot to use the power. Now they can use the power WITHOUT giving up the console. Balancing anyone? And if that's really the case, why did Thomas make Federation cloaking console icons? Something doesn't add up...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Where's the Sao Palo class ship?? I am waiting on pins and needles for my quad cannons.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    *sigh* This line would have really made me happy, too bad its not there. :(
    - Restored Vice Admiral ship Token
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    WOOHOO finally :D KA has been released :D party on KA tonight.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    hey how about infected ground not giving loot. i have ran it 2 times now and both i did not get a loot bag. thats at the end...the first run... me and another guy did get any thing,
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Azlesa Expanse exploration missions are no longer a daily, so it no longer awards dilithium.

One day shy of getting my T5 ship and you all pull the rug from beneath my feet and add two extra days. :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Accurate. Since those powers wouldnt be swappable to another ship there was no real need to make it a console.

But why they resive a extra console slot then???? Thanks for make this game even more PAY TO WIN!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Stealth editing the patch notes.

So the fix for the STFs are listed where...?

I don't see the stealth edit that addressed the crashes to desktops during STFs...or is the fix the mention about the loot drops for dead people?

EDIT: Sorry, see it there on the second line. My bad.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    *sigh* This line would have really made me happy, too bad its not there. :(
    - Restored Vice Admiral ship Token
    Oh cheer up, it's not that bad, you'll adapt. :o

In response to the patch notes themselves, I'm truly glad to see Cryptic working at Full Impulse on STO.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sollaf wrote: »
    Where's the Sao Palo class ship?? I am waiting on pins and needles for my quad cannons.

might be because its tide into the DS9 Featured Episode?? *shrug*
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The inclusion of dilithium in addition to crafting materials is a NO GO in my book. Dilithium this, dilithium that, ENOUGH WITH ADDING DILITHIUM TO EVERYTHING! SERIOUSLY! Every single time you redeem yourselves you ALWAYS have to go shooting yourselves in the foot! Enough with the dilithium requirements spam Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Out of curiosity, why does crafting cost dilithium again? Is it for the same reason why the basic vessels cost dilithium instead of energy credits now? I'm finding this obsession with dilithium is being twisted into something detrimental to the game. People have energy credits that need sinking and the solution to that seems to be to phase out the currency almost entirely.

Should we expect the DOff system to require dilithium on hand for recruiting assignments and missions with a duration greater than 2 hours in a subsequent build?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I really hope that the Defiant R and Galaxy R buff are a typo, beacose if they dont, I will cancel my sub.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    As *the* crafter for my fleet, please add a dilithium bag to the Fleet Bank. I am not going to spend real money to keep my fleetmates geared up.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think all consoles should be possible to use on any ships and that the saucer separation and cloak should be consoles too. We do have to sacrifice an item slot to use these and even if you had all these special consoles on one ship, you wouldn't be invincible as the lack of console boosts for shields, weapons, deflectors, engines etc would make you vulnerable.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Crafting
    Returned the ability to craft uncommon or rare even-mark gear, but with a cost in dilithium in addition to crafting materials.
    The dilithium cost is a percentage of the cost to flat out buy the item from the dilithium store. The dilithium cost percentage increases with the rank of the item you’re crafting.
    Very rare gear is still only craftable at the odd marks (including Mk XI), with a dilithium cost.
    The same crafting update in progress for Klingons.

Hmm I hope the percentage cost in Dilithium is low, very low or you might kill off crafting :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cerritouru wrote: »
    I really hope that the Defiant R and Galaxy R buff are a typo, beacose if they dont, I will cancel my sub.

Apparently not: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3819873&postcount=27
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That is a ton of ships. lets hope for a stipend
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    BDS wrote:
    As *the* crafter for my fleet, please add a dilithium bag to the Fleet Bank. I am not going to spend real money to keep my fleetmates geared up.

And don't forget Gold Pressed Latinum when you're at it.
    Hmm I hope the percentage cost in Dilithium is low, very low or you might kill off crafting :(

Maybe that is their plan? All their decisions about crafting recently seems to point in that general direction.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

I really hope this is a communication error. Otherwise the Intrepid Refit's special ability just got nerfed again when compared to the other two refits. They have unlimited time toggles AND they get an extra console?
    Intrepid is capped to 15 seconds and you have the same number of console slots as before?

I'm not seeing the logic here.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Simale wrote:
    I think all consoles should be possible to use on any ships and that the saucer separation and cloak should be consoles too. We do have to sacrifice an item slot to use these and even if you had all these special consoles on one ship, you wouldn't be invincible as the lack of console boosts for shields, weapons, deflectors, engines etc would make you vulnerable.

I totally see the point of all the posters claiming that the added console slots without actual consoles being added is somewhat unfair, BUT...

If you plan on making a change/re-nerf Cryptic, PLEASE don't take away the new console slots on these ships. The Galaxy-X and Galaxy Refit really needed a buff to begin with. Instead, just make the cloak / saucer sep. a console again. This way, I can choose what slot to give up (or not to have the ability at all), instead of having it forced into places where I don't really want it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Crafting
    • Returned the ability to craft uncommon or rare even-mark gear, but with a cost in dilithium in addition to crafting materials.
      • The dilithium cost is a percentage of the cost to flat out buy the item from the dilithium store. The dilithium cost percentage increases with the rank of the item you’re crafting.
    • Very rare gear is still only craftable at the odd marks (including Mk XI), with a dilithium cost.
    • The same crafting update in progress for Klingons.

Not a good idea to require dilithium. Many players have multiple characters, but only 1 crafter to craft for all their characters. Similarly, fleets have some people that are dedicated crafters to craft for the fleet. A dilithium requirement would make this undoable (unless you make dilithium directly tradeable between players).
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Not that I'm necessarilty opposed, but I thought the idea was that they were going to become consoles so they could be swapped out for a different console if the player didn't want to use it at that time. Adding another console slot doesn't do that, it just makes them more powerful.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Latinumbar wrote:
    Not a good idea to require dilithium. Many players have multiple characters, but only 1 crafter to craft for all their characters. Similarly, fleets have some people that are dedicated crafters to craft for the fleet. A dilithium requirement would make this undoable (unless you make dilithium directly tradeable between players).

What's needed is an item which can only be purchased for dilithium which will become a crafting component.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    3of9 wrote: »
    I really hope this is a communication error. Otherwise the Intrepid Refit's special ability just got nerfed again when compared to the other two refits. They have unlimited time toggles AND they get an extra console?
    Intrepid is capped to 15 seconds and you have the same number of console slots as before?

I'm not seeing the logic here.

Can't say I disagree. When I got my Science to VA I got the Intrepid, tried it out, went Meh and switched to an MVAM.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Isn't the whole point of crafting to make good stuff without currency?

I know this is still testing and highly subject to change but this idea of adding Di to the cost of crafting kind of messed up. I can understand increasing the amount of materials we need to make better stuff but not adding currency to it.

We already have to grind enough to craft. Please don't add to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think either keep all the special ship powers locked to the ships without a console or make all of them consoles that can be used on any ships.

Not this half backed thing you're trying to force upon us.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Latinumbar wrote:

Oh yeah, good point. My Engineer is my only crafter. :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Inspired wrote: »
    What's needed is an item which can only be purchased for dilithium which will become a crafting component.

This item would obviously have to be unbound and otherwise worthless (no EC value, only usable for crafting, and probably unlistable on the exchange).
    Then have it where it requires multiples of the item for each Mark/Rarity level, so they could get the surcharges in for crafting "the good stuff".
This discussion has been closed.