Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 6, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Voyager235 wrote: »
    is this on the free 2 play server of the regular tribble server?

they are now the same thing

tribble is the f2p server - the one we have been playing on the last week.
    redshirt is the normal test server (nothing new to see there)

this is gong to tribble.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maybe this is what they want you to do.

It's what I did... but shouldn't the old gear be even easier to get, since it's "obsolete"? :P
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    they are now the same thing

tribble is the f2p server - the one we have been playing on the last week.
    redshirt is the normal test server (nothing new to see there)

this is gong to tribble.

ok..thank you, just wanted to make sure
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ok..thank you, just wanted to make sure

second thing is, if it is on F2P server how come i have not received the patch yet...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Realy ive been waiting all morning for the patch so i can play klingons when does it go live they said 7am to 9am and here it is 12:30 in the afternoon and still no patch ????
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So this makes the dilithium and ship purchasing problem easier again, doesnt it?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    I agree, thats way to limited.
    Just fully "arming" a T5 cruiser alone would take 108 days aka more than Three and a Half months! And that just isn't acceptable.

I am just glad I took the time on Holodeck to max out a crafter for both Fed and KDF. I may not be able to aford the Dilithium gear, but I can craft decent gear on Memory Alpha. Pitty I don't have a crafter on Tribble. At least I can farm feature episodes for simi-decent gear.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    When are you going to untie the FE series from the main story arch?
    There are not enough dalies at lower levels to earn enough dilithium to pay for the extra on the ships let alone equipment!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    zantars wrote: »
    Realy ive been waiting all morning for the patch so i can play klingons when does it go live they said 7am to 9am and here it is 12:30 in the afternoon and still no patch ????

right now for me it is 3:36 pm ETS
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Keppoch wrote:
    I am just glad I took the time on Holodeck to max out a crafter for both Fed and KDF. I may not be able to aford the Dilithium gear, but I can craft decent gear on Memory Alpha. Pitty I don't have a crafter on Tribble. At least I can farm feature episodes for simi-decent gear.

So true and same here, I guess max crafters will be worth more than their weight in gold when ftp goes live!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think the whole goal is for people to buy a ship with c-store points and then use the free dilithium to gear it up. That's why they are making all these low level plus one ships and not giving enough dilithium to buy the standard ones. Because it's easier to just buy the ship then have to grind up to get it and then spend even more time grinding up to gear it up.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Only 8000 Dilithium Refinement per day? At 140,000 per mk XI weapon, thats 18 days per weapon.

But if you watched the STOked interview with the people at Cryptic you will understand what they are trying to do. Yes its a pain but you will be able to trade dilithium so you can still get your stuff
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think the whole goal is for people to buy a ship with c-store points and then use the free dilithium to gear it up. That's why they are making all these low level plus one ships and not giving enough dilithium to buy the standard ones. Because it's easier to just buy the ship then have to grind up to get it and then spend even more time grinding up to gear it up.

I 100% agree, but thats not fair on gold subbers and lifers. Why should they pay more out when they allready pay to play? ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    They should rename Star Trek Online to Ferenginar Online. 8000 refined dilithium ore is not enough. All exploration missions are dailies? lol Wow... this game is going to beat SWG on the fail-o-meter if this goes live.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]You may process up to 8,000 ore into refined dilithium each day.

then the price of everything that costs dilithium needs to be 1/10 what it is now, and ships need to cost energy credits again. the current dilithium price for everything is literally 10 times to expensive, its mind boggling how off this is.

[*]Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.

what the hell does that mean?! did you removed merits and not replace them with anything? SERIOUSLY? i don't even think this build is playable! i guess i can buy bridge officers for training to get the powers i want, but how the hell am i going to level the skill up to 9 so their cooldowns arn't minutes longer then they should be?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Desdecardo wrote: »
    They should rename Star Trek Online to Ferenginar Online. 8000 refined dilithium ore is not enough. All exploration missions are dailies? lol Wow... this game is going to beat SWG on the fail-o-meter if this goes live.

We dont know the conversion rate yet, wait with the pitch forks and flamers until we do ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think raising the cap to 75,000 would work out. That way we can still get our gear without having to Convert ore for years.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    is this on the free 2 play server of the regular tribble server?

Um, the Tribble server IS the F2P Beta server. Redshirt is the name of the current 'normal' public test server and Holodeck is the name of STO' Live (main) server.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Dilithium ore cannot be spent in it’s raw state and must be refined in order to create usable, spendable, refined dilithium.
    [*]Check your inventory and go to your resources tab in order to convert dilithium ore into refined dilithium, which is used to purchase gear and ships.
    • You may process up to 8,000 ore into refined dilithium each day.

Isn't the purpose of this Dilithium economy to simplify the currency system? How does this serve that goal? Why is there an obscenely low limit on being able to refine?

Why are you penalizing players who'd rather grind in bulk, rather than spend an hour every day doing tedious tasks like this?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    well if this is any indication to the future intention of this game then my days here are numbered - Just how can you charge people a monthly fee and expect them to either buy c-points or grind just to play the game - Epic Fail.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*]Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.
    [/LIST]

what the hell does that mean?! did you removed merits and not replace them with anything? SERIOUSLY? i don't even think this build is playable! i guess i can buy bridge officers for training to get the powers i want, but how the hell am i going to level the skill up to 9 so their cooldowns arn't minutes longer then they should be?

Id like to know an answer to this too?

Firstly we could not level up to a new ship and now we cannot train boffs in new powers, way to go in TRIBBLE your data on levelling entirely! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    just out of curiosity whats it mean when the F2P button on the launch window is missing
  • Options
    edited October 2011

QFT. I cuncur with this.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The server just came down, the message said it would be back up in a couple of hours. Go watch a movie, or a couple episodes of Star Trek is my suggestion.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The 8,000 dilithium ore per day limit is for changing dilithium ore to refined dilithium. There will still be other ways to gain refined dilithium as well. Basing any calculations solely on how much you can refine per day is basing your assumptions on a fallacy from the outset. Remember, this is just testing and still being tweaked.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    then the price of everything that costs dilithium needs to be 1/10 what it is now, and ships need to cost energy credits again. the current dilithium price for everything is literally 10 times to expensive, its mind boggling how off this is.

You use merits to train in NEW skills and then rank them up with Bridge Officer skill points. So you'll be able to raise their skills, just not get new ones for them.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tuskin wrote:
    The server just came down, the message said it would be back up in a couple of hours. Go watch a movie, or a couple episodes of Star Trek is my suggestion.

ok thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Isn't the purpose of this Dilithium economy to simplify the currency system? How does this serve that goal? Why is there an obscenely low limit on being able to refine?

Why are you penalizing players who'd rather grind in bulk, rather than spend an hour every day doing tedious tasks like this?

Yeah, if anything Dilithium has created the most confusing, befuddling, and difficult economy in the history of gaming.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    I agree, thats way to limited.
    Just fully "arming" a T5 cruiser alone would take 108 days aka more than Three and a Half months! And that just isn't acceptable.

Fine for silver members, but still "unacceptable" for us loyal gold members.
    Your still ripping us off, as instead of grinding dailies, PvP and exploration missions for better "equipment" we end up being "forced" to spend it on a new ship instead. :mad:

I'm sorry, but the only real solution here is to bring back the Free Ship Token's, at least for subscribers.
    Agreed or at least give subscriibers enought dillithium to afford the ship without grinding.

i totaly agree with this. it is way to limited and unfair to loyal (paying) players.
    You talk about rewarding us for playing the game but this is smacken us with a newspaper on the nose
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You may process up to 8,000 ore into refined dilithium each day.
    [/LIST]

8.000 per day? How about taking a look at the equipment prices?
    Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.

Eh, ok, this is something you should have told us before, like you did with the Duty Officer bug. Its a bit pointless to level a character without being able to train our officers. The combinations most officers come with are, lets call it not so good.