test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 6, 2011

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111002a.4

Features:
  • Dilithium Update:
    • Dilithium ore is now implemented! You gain dilithium ore by completing daily tasks such as star cluster exploration, PVP, certain Duty Officer assignments, special events, or daily story missions.
      • Dilithium ore cannot be spent in it’s raw state and must be refined in order to create usable, spendable, refined dilithium.
      • Check your inventory and go to your resources tab in order to convert dilithium ore into refined dilithium, which is used to purchase gear and ships.
        • You may process up to 8,000 ore into refined dilithium each day.
      • You now gain a small stipend of refined dilithium at each new rank, along with a placard for a new ship at a deep discount in price.
      • At the ranks of Commander and above you will need to earn some additional dilithium to be able to afford the next ship, so be sure to play some daily missions for those rewards.
  • Klingon Progression
    • Klingon Progression is now unlocked when a federation player reaches level 3.
      • This will be level 25 with this actually goes live to Holodeck.
    • Klingon players will start at level 17 and progress through updated episode threading.
  • Special Task Force
    • The Cure is now available as a ground and space STF.
  • Automatic Sector Travel
    • The first few federation missions now have a “warp to” button in the mission journal.
    • This button allows players to warp directly to the starting location for that mission.
    • Players must be on that mission to use the button
    • Players that choose to use the warp button will be charged Energy Credits based on the mission starting location.
    • This feature will be added slowly to every episode in the game.
  • C-Store
  • A test version of the C-Store is now active.
    • All players that exist on the shard at the time this build goes live will receive 1,200 test C-points by the end of the day.
    • All microtransaction pricing has been changed. Some items that are on the Holodeck C-Store are not available yet in this Tribble version of the C-Store.
  • New Events:
    • Starfleet Academy Cadet Training
      • Hail Professor Meyer or speak to him in person at Starfleet Academy while this event is in progress to participate.
        • Help Academy Cadets gather Particle Fragments and participate in holographic combat exercises.
        • Save up Particle Fragments and return them to your cadet or Prof. Meyer for Dilithium Rewards.
        • Particle Fragments will not last for long after the event has ended, turn them in before they disappear.
    • Tour the Universe
      • Come test your ship and crew with a race across Sector Space for energy credits.
        • Players will be tasked with traveling to every sector block and returning to your mission giver before the end of the event.
          • Starfleet Players: Talk to Jay Yim in Earth Space Dock. Captain Yim can be found on the balcony in Club 47.
          • KDF Players: Speak with Targak in Qonos. Targak can be found at the Blood Wine fountain in Qonos.
    • Multiphasic Event
      • All anom
      alies throughout the universe will give a bonus on how many are dropped during this event.
General:
  • There is now a 24 hour XP limiter on the foundry. When you hit the limit you will get a message and no longer earn XP for the rest of that 24 hour period.
  • The number of Bridge Officer slots for rank 4 and 5 have been increased for silver players so they have enough to fill their ship stations
  • The PVP Daily reward has been updated to dilithium ore instead of marks of honor.
  • The level-appropriate badge container reward for UGC and DSEs is now a Dilithium Ore Container.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the close/next button in the tip window to display an incorrect keybind.
  • Updated ground enhancement for [Borg] raid gear; they now do bonus kinetic damage against the Borg.
  • The queue private game mini status window now functions for PvP matches
  • The model for Starbase 39 now represents it’s system in the sector block.
  • Free Respec Tokens are now only available at level up for gold players
  • Former emblem and badge store text has been updated to reflect the currency change to refined dilithium.

Missions:
  • Stop the Signal:
    • Resolved an issue with a clickable in the Klingon base
    • The Undine ship at the end is now far more beatable.
  • Tutorial Updates
    • Population on the group areas of the tutorial have had their populations reduced.
    • Set up first tutorial map to only allow one player at a time
  • Since exploration missions reward dilithium they have been updated to be daily missions.
  • Promotion missions given from Admiral Quinn are now available as a remote contact
  • The mission “War Games” can now be completed.
  • Naomi Wildman now appears in the mission journal.
  • Several fixes and updates have been made to the “Infected” STF based on player feedback.

Duty Officer:
  • Increased non-Commendation XP/non-Dilithium numeric rewards for assignments, but decreased ramp-up for rarity and critical successes.
    • In net, this should mean better numerical rewards for common successes, but less for other categories.
  • Fixed assignments that were not giving correct amounts of Commendation xp.
  • Adding duty officer contacts NPCs to Starfleet Academy.
  • Reducing level at which duty officer system can be accessed to level 8
  • Reduced the time to complete for most assignments.
  • Added more variety to colonists to reduce incidence of twins and triplets.
  • Fixed colonial Medical Supply and Provision resupply assignments.
  • Reduced time injured duty officers are in Sick Bay.
  • Fixed reassignment assignment issue.
  • Fixed mis-gendered female human scientists.
  • Fixed typo on Doctor specialization active roster tooltip text.
  • Hiding assignments you aren't high enough level to do yet.
  • Straightened out requirements for "Scan for Trace Organic Signatures" assignment.
  • Fixed inability to start "Level 4 Diagnostic of Secondary Weapon Coils" assignment.
  • Reversed ordering of levels on Diagnostic assignment (flavor change).
  • Added new common assignments to use Colonists.
  • Changed commendation tiers to operate on store tokens redeemed at duty officer contact at the Academy/Q'onoS.
  • Duty Officer packs are now available on the Tribble C-Store.

Known Issues:
  • Klingon players will appear as Lieutenant 17 until they reach level 19, at which point they will become a Lieutenant Commander.
  • We’ve updated how the player earns their ship at level up, but unfortunately there is no fixup for those already affected.
  • We’ve adjusted the starting level of the Duty Officer system to level 8, however it’s not working properly. Do not turn in the mission until you reach level 12 or you will not get your free compliment of duty officers. You can still purchase duty officer packs on the c-store and play the game.
  • Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Only 8000 Dilithium Refinement per day? At 140,000 per mk XI weapon, thats 18 days per weapon.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Better take some time off work then ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    is it up yet? (sorry, just checking)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm slightly upset that the exploration is now a daily, and that the limit to refine dilithium is so low, considering MK VI gear is 21k dilithium at the moment. Are there plans to adjust the store prices?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Looking forward to test the new events...

Finally a new ship!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    when is the patch supose to go up...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Not to mention we're still getting short changed on getting a new ship when we reach the next rank. Granted we're getting a placard that's supposed to discount the ship price. But still.. Having to grind out extra Dilithium for a new ship, especially when by the time we get the 20k to get a 100k ship, Most of us will either be Captain or higher
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Only 8000 Dilithium Refinement per day? At 140,000 per mk XI weapon, thats 18 days per weapon.

I agree, thats way to limited.
    Just fully "arming" a T5 cruiser alone would take 108 days aka more than Three and a Half months! And that just isn't acceptable.
    At the ranks of Commander and above you will need to earn some additional dilithium to be able to afford the next ship, so be sure to play some daily missions for those rewards.

Fine for silver members, but still "unacceptable" for us loyal gold members.
    Your still ripping us off, as instead of grinding dailies, PvP and exploration missions for better "equipment" we end up being "forced" to spend it on a new ship instead. :mad:

I'm sorry, but the only real solution here is to bring back the Free Ship Token's, at least for subscribers.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    I agree, thats way to limited.
    Just fully "arming" a T5 cruiser alone would take 108 days aka more than Three and a Half months! And that just isn't acceptable.

Fine for silver members, but still "unacceptable" for us loyal gold members.
    Your still ripping us off, as instead of grinding dailies, PvP and exploration missions for better "equipment" we end up being "forced" to spend it on a new ship instead. :mad:

I'm sorry, but the only real solution here is to bring back the Free Ship Token's, at least for subscribers.

Agreed or at least give subscriibers enought dillithium to afford the ship without grinding.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    • At the ranks of Commander and above you will need to earn some additional dilithium to be able to afford the next ship, so be sure to play some daily missions for those rewards.

That is just wrong. It was stated that Gold members would not be losing anything in the transition. Currently on Holodeck, subscribers can play the main story missions to level up, acquiring a new ship at each rank. Losing this is a very big thing.

There are some simple ways to fix this. A few that come to mind:
    • Give Gold members a one-time discount token for each tier Commander plus, that lowers the ship cost to that of the Dilithium rank up reward.
    • Reward dilithium for main story missions.
    • Give Gold members the choice between the dilithium reward or a ship plaque.
    Anything short of that is a loss of something we currently have.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Seriously need to rethink dilithium cap. Or seriously discount prices on gear. Ohterwise you are going to have a lot of VA boats armed with Mk V gear.

Seriously guys...21K dilithium for MK VI weapon when someone can only convert 8k dilithium per day? I'm not a math genius, but...... :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    The interesting questions is that we have to refine dilithium ore to get what is used to purchase things.

So ... Does that mean the prices on ships and such have been lowered as they are now refined dilithium instead of ore? ... And a lot will depend on the conversion rate.

That said ... I'm thinking of Cryptic's track record and expecting it to be a royal mess ... Hoping I'm proved wrong, however.

OH ... and has the bug or whatever been fixed to where we can craft even number item yet????
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah.... have to say, if you're limiting us to 8,000 per day, the prices are going to need to drop significantly. It already takes a while on Holodeck to get new stuff. (1-2 days per weapon for MKX, 4-5 days for MK XI). On Tribble, the X / XI weapons cost almost as much as a T4 ship, and over half the cost of a T5 ship. I hope that's not intentional :/

Plus, with the new STF's coming out, there's almost no reason to buy the MK X or XI gear for Dilithium, because I can get the Borg gear in a few runs, compared to the days it currently takes to get dilithium.

So yeah, I'm hoping the prices will have changed by the time this comes out.

Also, are existing high-level characters going to be given the placards retroactively? Some of us have been playing with T4 ships at VA because we couldn't afford T5.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Woo hoo, patch notes!

Hmm, the 8000 Dilithium per day seems low compared to item costs.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Thanks you for finally adding in the dilithium that should have been in place at the start. Not liking the daily limit on how much we can refine, its just plain stupid imho......
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tour the Universe

Players will be tasked with traveling to every sector block and returning to your mission giver before the end of the event.
    I've already figured out the most efficient Fed route just by hunting for assignments.

Also, one more thing. Will you be retroactively handing out the Ship discount and or retroactively handing out Dilithium for VA?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We’ve updated how the player earns their ship at level up, but unfortunately there is no fixup for those already affected.

TRIBBLE... So I'm still stuck with my captain ship at VA? )-:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    so rather then scaling the dilithium rewards from exploration missions to be signifigantly lower then the daily they are just making the missions dailies period?:mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cuatela wrote:
    Plus, with the new STF's coming out, there's almost no reason to buy the MK X or XI gear for Dilithium, because I can get the Borg gear in a few runs, compared to the days it currently takes to get dilithium.

Maybe this is what they want you to do.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Fweeps wrote:

Thats why I deleted my toon on tribble and waited for this patch, they really do know how to TRIBBLE us over so well....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    is this on the free 2 play server of the regular tribble server?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Fweeps wrote:

Make's you feel appreciated for testing so much, doesn't it?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    While I won't say the dilithium economy couldn't use some tweaking, which is the purpose of testing and whatnot, it looks to me like they're trying to make Very Rare equipment... well, Very Rare.

I applaud the goal, but if it's going to take this much to obtain Very Rare equipment, I'd suggest increasing the amount of bonus damage that rarity provides. As it stands, the differences in bonuses from rarity isn't terribly impressive.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.16.20111002a.4

Features:
    You may process up to 8,000 ore into refined dilithium each day.

Thats a typo right? with MK XI weapons costing 145k Dilithium letting us get only 8k a day is a joke, with that level of conversion were gonna have to spend 3+ months just to outfit a ship, tbh this just seems like a way to force people to buy C points to trade for Dilithium so they can actually equip a ship, everytime we see more info regarding this game in its F2P version it just seems to get worse and worse.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    8000 does seem kind of low compared to the cost of some itmes, plus the gap from the ship stanpoint. I would much rather see a 20K limit, unless prices are adjusted.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Fweeps wrote:

You can always use your free test C-Store points to get a ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    8000 ore could maybe be refined into 40000 dilithium (or more, or less). If it's a process, the multiplicator is maybe different than 1.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    i have not gotten the patch yet...can anyone give me any suggestions please
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm quite saddened to see getting a new ship at commander+ level is going to become a grind fest instead of the free token you used to get. I agree with a lot of the previous posts here that it is indeed quite a blow to the faithful subscribers.

I too agree that perhaps a choice of the dilithium or a ship token as a reward would be a good alernative or perhaps an increase in the dilithium refinement cap so that it becomes more realistic as I can and I know several people who can level cap a character within a week so most certainly would have to wait on a T5 ship.

This new economy will no doubt have teething problems but causing players to grind for something that was initially free on promotion cannot be considered a mere teething problem and should be considered a major concern for both the devs and the community.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Q4s4R wrote: »
    8000 ore could maybe be refined into 40000 dilithium (or more, or less). If it's a process, the multiplicator is maybe different than 1.

Very true I hadnt thought of that but I guess we will have to wait and see