Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 6, 2011

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Hornet331 wrote: »
    Just for the ppl say its a 50/50 chance for getting the particels if captuer event happens... nope its 100% just look at the name of the particels... they are either expanding or colapsing... and depending on that you choose the right scan option.

no no no. You can't even get to read it before a chick in a white shirt and black skirt steals it from you by slamming f and hoping it works.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I actually went on tilt when people were following me around and beating me to particles. So I, regrettably started engaging in kill stealing.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I want:

Subscriptions
    ACTIVE
    Subscribed For: 630.86 days

631 days x 8000 = 5,048,000 + 8000 x however many more days till this bs goes live.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How is PVP going to be ruined if EVERYONE is going to be in the same shoes?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Scruffy31 wrote: »
    I actually went on tilt when people were following me around and beating me to particles. So I, regrettably started engaging in kill stealing.

That's exactly my point, kill stealing leads to more kill stealing as it is the only way to effectively profit from this mission. Of course this method is of no use to a low level character simply because everyone involved is leveled higher than them...

Effectively it's like being at school bullying the little kid and will probably discourage new players from, at least, playing this mission, if not the whole game if they feel the rest of the community is like that. Of course, once they realise that the only way to beat a camper is to join him they will join in the griefing game too...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!

Just did three, THREE, explorations and no ****ing dilitium. If you want to say you get dilithium ore from explorations, then give them from explorations. Don't make them all dailys and give dilithium only to the high level ones like B'trans.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    JoenATL wrote:
    no no no. You can't even get to read it before a chick in a white shirt and black skirt steals it from you by slamming f and hoping it works.

yea Gozer said in the chat that they see what people where doing and they will fix that in the next patch so people cant steal them like that.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wow... some of you need to realize we are testing this. It's way way to early for all the doom and gloom and epic fail stuff. A few points:

1) The limit is on refning 8000 dillithium ore.. don't assume it's a one to one conversion. In fact, I suspect it isn't based on a dev post (lord know where I saw it) that eventually you could do this on your ship and having the right duty officers would increase the yield. That makes me think it's not a one to one conversion.

2) Prices will change. That's why we are testing to give feedback.

3) Finally, test a way, break everything... twice... so that when this does launch it is indeed not an epic fail but instead and epic success.

The success or failure of this launch rests more in our hands than cryptics at this point. They have and will continue to listend to us. WE will make this a success. Put away the ptich forks and go break something...have fun!

Are you seriously suggesting it's the consumer's responsibility to pay for a product and test it?
    You know, I have plenty of stuff you could pay for and test for me too!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Vyrkonik wrote:
    ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!

Just did three, THREE, explorations and no ****ing dilitium. If you want to say you get dilithium ore from explorations, then give them from explorations. Don't make them all dailys and give dilithium only to the high level ones like B'trans.

Yeah i know, dilithium should be awarded for every explore you do. Currently you only get dilithium for the explore appropriate to you level, ie if you are lt cmdr, delta volanis wont reward dlithium, but hiromi cluster will.

Stupid isn't it! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    DerekSlide wrote:
    Are you seriously suggesting it's the consumer's responsibility to pay for a product and test it?
    You know, I have plenty of stuff you could pay for and test for me too!

To be honest every game that has a public beta usually requires you to have pre ordered the game to get in. SWTOR is doing the exact same thing....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wow, after the past few months of little to no new content. All these updates may cause me to have a stroke. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wow, after the past few months of little to no new content. All these updates may cause me to have a stroke. :D

nice one dude
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    After all the comments in this thread, Cryptic would have to be insane to keep the dilithium system like this when F2P starts. I don't think we really need to worry about this.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Sherman001 wrote:
    After all the comments in this thread, Cryptic would have to be insane to keep the dilithium system like this when F2P starts. I don't think we really need to worry about this.

If they have proven one thing, it is that they are not necessarily sane and are at least two kopeks short of a ruble.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Off topic...

I love yer Avatar...

I know it's the Shat-man, but...

It makes me think of Ralphie still wearing that Bunny Suit in his 60's...

Man, I'll bet he hated that Aunt his whole life! <chuckle>
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, i thought the whol point of the economic change was to stream line things and make it easlier, not to rename it, make it more complex, then bottle neck it just so people don't start earning "too much money" again. I really don't like that they're going to be limiting us in the refinement while raising prices and making us pay for ships now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well with the latest blog entry, all players will get a free ship token at LCDR and CDR. Gold members will get a free ship token at CPTN and RALH as well while Silver members will get the discount tokens at those ranks.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wait, there's a server that's not F2P? Why didn't someone tell me?:D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Galeforce wrote:
    Well with the latest blog entry, all players will get a free ship token at LCDR and CDR. Gold members will get a free ship token at CPTN and RALH as well while Silver members will get the discount tokens at those ranks.
    (In F2P Dev Blog #10). Oh, and before I go, we plan to re-instate the free starship token at the Lt Commander and Commander rank for all players. We plan to continue the discount token for Silver players at the Captain and Rear Admiral rank, while Gold players will get the free starship at those ranks (if they are a subscriber at the time of rank-up). We do not plan to have any free starship at the Vice Admiral rank.

Props on this. And although, I'll prob still buy all of mine from the C-Store (because the basic Science ships suck) I still dislike that VA won't have any avail outside of the C-Store.

They are starting to make this subscription thing worth it now, with some of these changes. Especially if you consider, it seems like most people can level up to RA within a month...so you'll really only have to pay for that long to get all of your free ship tokens.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Oortael wrote:
    They are starting to make this subscription thing worth it now, with some of these changes. Especially if you consider, it seems like most people can level up to RA within a month...so you'll really only have to pay for that long to get all of your free ship tokens.

Very clever move by Cryptic.

Launch the beta with an unequivocal shafting to subsctibers, then let up to the righteous outrage, subbers feel they have won a victory and feel good about themselves/F2P when in reality, they are just being shafted slightly less hard.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Launch the beta with an unequivocal shafting to subsctibers, then let up to the righteous outrage, subbers feel they have won a victory and feel good about themselves/F2P when in reality, they are just being shafted slightly less hard.

ROFLMAO!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Welcome to diplomacy 101: How to tell someone to go to h*** and actually have them look forward to the trip.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Galeforce wrote:
    Welcome to diplomacy 101: How to tell someone to go to h*** and actually have them look forward to the trip.

Lol. you know it ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

And that is why I keep the pressure on and keep the venom flowing! :p
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    are they not missing release notes for the patch they did lol...........

Honestly I will have to wait and see with end product to see how bad it is, since i have been here for the first beta along time ago to this one and all the stuff they are adding redoing I will hold off on ranting just yet :)