What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 6, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I think the dilithium thing is fine for general currency and he does say that the refinement will be limited to 8,000 per day at least for now so that could change. It is a test build... But here's my issue: speaking from a Star Trek point of view, I would not have to buy a ship with anything. I should be given a ship when I reach my new rank and that's it. If you want to use dilithium for special gear, that's fine, but don't make me spend dilithium on a ship!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Missions:

Stop the Signal:
    • The Undine ship at the end is now far more beatable.
    Thank you for that, even if it seems a 'bit' to easy now :p
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think the dilithium thing is fine for general currency and he does say that the refinement will be limited to 8,000 per day at least for now so that could change. It is a test build... But here's my issue: speaking from a Star Trek point of view, I would not have to buy a ship with anything. I should be given a ship when I reach my new rank and that's it. If you want to use dilithium for special gear, that's fine, but don't make me spend dilithium on a ship!

THis.

Like I said - I don't think Kirk, or Picard or Janeway ever had to schlep around the universe collecting ore, finding somewhere to refine it into a product that they then have to use to beg Starfleet to get a decent ship.

Maybe the Klingons would - but never, ever ever he UFP. :p;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    TerilynnS wrote: »
    THis.

Like I said - I don't think Kirk, or Picard or Janeway ever had to schlep around the universe collecting ore, finding somewhere to refine it into a product that they then have to use to beg Starfleet to get a decent ship.

Maybe the Klingons would - but never, ever ever he UFP. :p;)

"A lot has changed in three hundred years. People are no longer obsessed with the accumulation of 'things'. We have eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions." -Jean Luc Picard

"The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity." -Jean Luc Picard

"Hey, watch it. There's nothing wrong with our philosophy. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity." -Jake Sisco
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    "A lot has changed in three hundred years. People are no longer obsessed with the accumulation of 'things'. We have eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions." -Jean Luc Picard

"The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity." -Jean Luc Picard

"Hey, watch it. There's nothing wrong with our philosophy. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity." -Jake Sisco

Apparently the Ferengi have taken over the Federation and we must now follow the rules of acquisition instead of the federation charter.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well, there is a reason the free ship tokens had to go... As I stated in another thread...

Galeforce wrote:
    But the free ship plaques are just too confusing for us stupid players. We need ships with prices locked behind ridiculous amounts of grind that can only be afforded by a grant of dilithium AND a discount voucher COMBINED with dilithium that we farmed for ourselves. Can't you see how much simpler a system that is?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    ^That too!

Well played Galeforce - well played indeed.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Necrion wrote:
    Oh, and for Reference -
    Live Ships Tribble CStore Ships

I note that they all went up by 400 points, which is the amount of the golds' monthly stipend. (And the RI went down by the same amount.) Is it a coincidence? Is there some sort of significance to or magic about '400 C-Points?'
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    V-Mink wrote:
    I note that they all went up by 400 points, which is the amount of the golds' monthly stipend. (And the RI went down by the same amount.) Is it a coincidence? Is there some sort of significance to or magic about '400 C-Points?'

Yes, there is some significance to it, TANSTAAFL, There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. In other words, we will give you free points, but we will be raising the costs to compensate for our largess 'cause we thing you are stupid customers and don't know any better.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    As unfortunate as it is.. I see them going forward with all of these changes, or at least a lot of them. As far as 'bad business sense' .. it's like a friend of mine who works for a telecom company. They don't really care about customer retention. It's the new sales that butter their bread.

Well, the EEPH already mentioned that they were also 'watching the actions of the silent majority,' which is.. well, the cynical side of me (and not just here) tends to translate into 'the exact opposite of what people are complaining about.' So.. yeah, I'm not seeing Cryptic backing down from the things they've done, and I definitely don't see them giving people a free ship token at rank-up.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Galeforce wrote:
    Well, there is a reason the free ship tokens had to go... As I stated in another thread...
    Galeforce wrote:
    But the free ship plaques are just too confusing for us stupid players. We need ships with prices locked behind ridiculous amounts of grind that can only be afforded by a grant of dilithium AND a discount voucher COMBINED with dilithium that we farmed for ourselves. Can't you see how much simpler a system that is?

Ohhh man i feel stupid this new system is so much more understandable than the old one.
    Congradulation on fighting you way to your new rank heres a new ship.
    Wait.......what...i dont understand....whats a ship?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Duvack wrote: »
    IMHO there is a bunch of whiny babies playing this game. If you don't like it, take your $15 and go somewhere else. Personally I've waited 20+ years to have a good Star Trek game and I intend on enjoying it. If it takes me a year to acquire or put my ship together the way i want it, then so what? I certainly don't have the knowledge or resources to put together a game like this. And remember that this is just in a test phase. If you want stuff handed out to you, go to your local homeless shelter and wait in line.

If it was only about that, I could understand your point but this kind of TRIBBLE has been going on since release and Cryptic has proven time and again that their word can't be trusted and they will do whatever it takes for profit. You claim that you are a trekkie but look at this game and look at the series you supposedly love so well that you made this post. How does the Federation in STO compare to Gene Roddenberry's imaginings?

The Ferengi are in charge now and nobody's wallet is safe.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Duvack wrote: »
    IMHO there is a bunch of whiny babies playing this game. If you don't like it, take your $15 and go somewhere else. Personally I've waited 20+ years to have a good Star Trek game and I intend on enjoying it. If it takes me a year to acquire or put my ship together the way i want it, then so what? I certainly don't have the knowledge or resources to put together a game like this. And remember that this is just in a test phase. If you want stuff handed out to you, go to your local homeless shelter and wait in line.

We don't want free stuff, we don't even mind if it takes a little longer, what we want is cryptic to keep its word that subscribers will only notice small differences when the game shifts to f2p, turning the game into a grind fest with the not so subtle grind or buy context is not my idea of a small difference
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Krell83 wrote:
    Wow

How many times was it stated in these 300 some posts, that the Removal of the Free Ship on Promotion is BAD Move.

I think I may edit this later with as many quotes as I can fit in or even start a "Free Ship Taken Away, Cryptic Reverse's on Word" thread.

Sadly this is to little surprise to a large portion of the population.

Business Ethics.... a contradictory term if there ever was one.

I think this gets to the heart of why people are so upset. The changes are awful but Dev post #7 is even worse since it is saying "We don't care what you think, we are doing it anyway."

I'm a lifer so I can come and go as I please. I may just stay around to manage doffs for my main toon and spend most of my time on other pursuits.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Hiding assignments you aren't high enough level to do yet.

^^^Did not happen!! :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    My view on the tribble. So far I not been impressed.

First leveling up and ships. I just reached VA under the new patch. The removal of the discount and dithilum at RA upper half and VA is wrong and needs to be implemted. I am VA now and able to get a new ship. The C-Store ships are more then what you given and I refuse to pay for C-Store points just to get test points to buy a C-Store ship especially since I already unlocked them on holodeck.

Two the force progression in stories I do not like. I played them a few times on holo and were boring and brought my self to play them on tribble for the rewards. Now I reached VA I will only play the doff system and not even bother with the remaining mission.

I do like the new DOFF system am now starting to work out how it works and like the system but needs more work in explaining how it works to people rather then them trying to figure out how it works.

Starfleet academy (picking up particals) God was that badly implemented. I saw two people robbing them left right and centre in some places. When you scan them and they pop up they should remain yours and yours alone and not open for anyone standing near you to scan. I opened up a few only to have them robbed from me when I should of got those particals. That needs to go back to the drawing board or removed.

Besides the flaw in the starfleet academy. I do like the new events. One flaw in the travel the galaxy event is its not completable. Personally I would say open up the gamma orionis system to everyone to let lower ranks explore and complete this new event properly if they can.

The que system for PVE needs work. When entering a que if someone is still in an already finished instance it puts new players into the open instance. They should be closed off regardless of people in them and be putting people into the new instance.

While Making energy credits hard to get is a good thing to be a bit more balanced the problem is they are to hard and common drops are bad. While I use common drops where possible on my ship and character I was not getting enough to replicate to get one new item. Even selling low value items on the exchange can not gain enough to get some decient gear. I ended up with MK2 gear all the way upto captain on my ship and had to team up to get some fire power to complete some missions.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Starfleet academy (picking up particals) God was that badly implemented. I saw two people robbing them left right and centre in some places. When you scan them and they pop up they should remain yours and yours alone and not open for anyone standing near you to scan. I opened up a few only to have them robbed from me when I should of got those particals. That needs to go back to the drawing board or removed.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

Back in FFXI, there was a Spring event. The first day it was a lot of fun: You went to moogles, and got eggs based on the initials of the names of people in your party. You could then trade in certain combinations of lettered eggs for a few little buffs and prizes like chobi tickets. People gathered together at the cities, threw together groups, ran around like mad looking for the mogs, chatted, laughed, had a good time, and enjoyed themselves. Then someone found that you could sell the eggs. Overnight the entire event changed. Finding eggs became competitive. People would charge to join your party. Eggs became commmodities. The cities were filled with people /shouting their eggs and their prices. It got real ugly.

Tying a dilithium reward to doing these sorts of mission will of course make people all the quicker to be competitive, beat others to the punch, and 'steal.' If not even more so than the example above. Dilithium, as opposed to gil, now has a real world money aspect to it. People are going to be even more vicious in getting as much as they can of it, and if it means stepping on top of other people.... Well, let's just say that when dilithium is on the line, and therefore real money, it's going to get competitive.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Wow, do you remember when we were told c-store prices would go down?

I suggest we boycott it altogether.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Don't get me wrong, there are many things that Cryptic can do to improve the game but it is still young. And as much as i admire The Great Bird of the Galaxy's vision, you don't think he was out to make money also? I just don't see how a bunch of grown people can complain about something we basically have no control over. Like i stated if people are unhappy with the game then go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to play this game or any other one for that matter.

And Star Trek has alway been evolving as the years go by. I'm still upset that JJ Abrahams decided it would be ok to blow up Vulcan and kill off Amanda Grayson, but i'm not going to write letters to him. If we have a little patience, we can see which direction it goes. I believe in the past Cryptic has changed some things back the way they were pre-crossfire because it just didn't work. I'm adopting a wait and see attitude at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    :mad: What can I say, this has got to be one of the worst "bonus" features in the game!

You run about, find a particle that nobody else has used, scan it and this happens

Particle collapsed, ok fair enough I can live with that. I can even live with the 50/50 random chance of picking the wrong scanning option and destroying it completely (though I think a better idea would be to initiate the combat sequence and then get a reduced reward at the end).

I don't like the fact that when the holographic combat initiates someone else (who just happens to be camping near by, waiting for you to initiate it) can join in and then they get the particle not you! exactly how fair is that? You took the time to scan the particle, initiate the combat & the reward goes not to you, but to some other happy camper, at the very least split the reward between all participants in the fight so everyone gets at least something out of it! :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    MickyG1982 wrote: »
    I can even live with the 50/50 random chance of picking the wrong scanning option and destroying it completely (though I think a better idea would be to initiate the combat sequence and then get a reduced reward at the end).

Just so you know, you use positronic for collapsing/decaying particles and multiphasic(or whatever) for expanding
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Mr_Vulcan wrote:
    Just to you know, you use positronic for collapsing/decaying particles and multiphasic(or whatever) for expanding

Cheers! But still, it'd be nice to have a chance of getting at least something if you TRIBBLE it up.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    MickyG1982 wrote: »
    :mad: What can I say, this has got to be one of the worst "bonus" features in the game!

You run about, find a particle that nobody else has used, scan it and this happens

Particle collapsed, ok fair enough I can live with that. I can even live with the 50/50 random chance of picking the wrong scanning option and destroying it completely (though I think a better idea would be to initiate the combat sequence and then get a reduced reward at the end).

I don't like the fact that when the holographic combat initiates someone else (who just happens to be camping near by, waiting for you to initiate it) can join in and then they get the particle not you! exactly how fair is that? You took the time to scan the particle, initiate the combat & the reward goes not to you, but to some other happy camper, at the very least split the reward between all participants in the fight so everyone gets at least something out of it! :mad:

I agree with this SOOO much. Last night it seemed like most of the particles I scanned collapsed as soon as they were scanned, I didn't get the option of the 50/50 choice. Then when the combat would start I was griefed pretty hard. One person in particular seemed to be there every time. Actually I never saw this person scan anything, just went in with higher DPS pistols blazing. After the event and a 1/2 hour spent I had a total of 9 particles, which did me no good since you need 15 to do anything. I think the particles need the same set up as scanning anomalies, you scan it, you get the mini game. Either combat or the 50/50. Not some jerk jumping you from behind.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I guess with all the changes - not that I agree with them, but are there posts for instructions or how to's for the following

Partical fragments - WTH are they
    Duty officer system - It looks so complicated, I just click on things and see what happens
    Special events? - Where is the schedule for them, what are they for and what they give?

I almost have my next ship, just turned commander. I can handle doing a few drinds to purchase it. But man that 8000 limit for refining delithium is really going to be a pain to deck out my ship with purple items. Someone mentioned that quantum = 300 emblems. Do you know how long it takes to get 300 emblems. And that's for one item?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    I agree, thats way to limited.
    Just fully "arming" a T5 cruiser alone would take 108 days aka more than Three and a Half months! And that just isn't acceptable.

Fine for silver members, but still "unacceptable" for us loyal gold members.
    Your still ripping us off, as instead of grinding dailies, PvP and exploration missions for better "equipment" we end up being "forced" to spend it on a new ship instead. :mad:

I'm sorry, but the only real solution here is to bring back the Free Ship Token's, at least for subscribers.

you know what im waiting for the part where they say OR you can just buy the ship from the C store
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Capt.Sisko wrote: »
    you know what im waiting for the part where they say OR you can just buy the ship from the C store

Have you checked on Tribble? When selecting your ship there's a buy button with a C Point logo at the bottom of the window. The T4 Defiant popped up a confirm for 220 c-points when I clicked it, but I cancelled so I don't know if that actually lets you buy it from the C store or not, but it does appear to be possible.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Just for the ppl say its a 50/50 chance for getting the particels if captuer event happens... nope its 100% just look at the name of the particels... they are either expanding or colapsing... and depending on that you choose the right scan option.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    [*] At the ranks of Commander and above you will need to earn some additional dilithium to be able to afford the next ship, so be sure to play some daily missions for those rewards.

The link listed here lists nothing about the new changes to the economy - it is the announcement on the new Klingon changes.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Krell83 wrote:
    Wow

How many times was it stated in these 300 some posts, that the Removal of the Free Ship on Promotion is BAD Move.

I think I may edit this later with as many quotes as I can fit in or even start a "Free Ship Taken Away, Cryptic Reverse's on Word" thread.

Sadly this is to little surprise to a large portion of the population.

Business Ethics.... a contradictory term if there ever was one.

I'd put $20 on the table, and thats $20 that I *may* have spent on the C-store, that these types of questionable practices may have contributed to a certain "directors" recent departure from Cryptic. It's nice to think that someone at Cryptic had enough ethics to distance himself from this travesty.