test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: August 2011 Questions, please!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The remodulation in my opinion takes to long. Any chance for a special rare craft add on to includes remodulation on the weapon/ If that is not feasible how a special engineer fab/combat kit that would either handle the modulation or scramble the borg's ability to adapt as quickly. If all else fails just give us a rail shotgun that fires a solid projectile... the name of the gun could be "Assimilate this!"
    edited July 2011
    Why did you think it was a good idea to speed up the ground game and then add a massively delaying mechanic to >50% of late-game encounters?
    edited July 2011
    WoK rank insignia? Pips and squeaks, please? (A texture pass would be *divine* too!)
    edited July 2011
    In regards to D'stalhs mass murder yesterday in a Reman fighter I have some Q's regarding atmospheric flight pvp/e w/e :D

Q) Would it be possible to put the shooter mode on a shuttle/fighter type pvp game?

Q (from @Mr.Skull) Can we have the Tpyhoon Class ship please.
    edited July 2011
    Now that we have Caitian BOff's, and already had Caitian Captains, I would like to ask will it ever be possible for us to make KDF Caitian Captains and have Caitian BOff's on that side as well. Preferably as something we can do via the C-Store purchases we have already made, as well as via an in-game means (such as perhaps a KDF Maurading DOff mission that captures a Caitian BOff, who you eventually add to your crew, make into a First Officer, who then becomes a Player Character Captain, etc). But I guess that's not a question, technically, so here goes:

Will we eventually be able to make KDF Caitian Captains and have KDF Caitian BOffs?

Thanks!
    edited July 2011
    Will current fleet banks with 8 opened bank tabs lose any of their bank tabs in the future?

In the recent Engineering Reports, it has been stated that fleet banks will automatically scale to the size of the fleet.

Some small fleets already have 8 opened bank tabs, and I have heard concerns that, with automatic scaling, such small fleets will lose some of their bank tabs.

Such deletion of existing bank tabs would be unfair to those who expended the energy credits and have organized supplies in many bank tabs.

Can you clarify whether existing fleet banks with already opened bank tabs will be left alone? Otherwise, if fleets will be stripped of some of their bank tabs, can you explain the reasoning or justification behind such shrinking of fleet banks.
    edited July 2011
    Will we be seeing more low level ships come into the game to give the lower level players a variety of choice?
    edited July 2011
    with the new Starfleet Command/Academy will we see missions there, not just foundry only but cryptic missions? Also will we see more ranks open up such as Fleet Admiral, with new ship tiers? I know this horse has been beaten to mush but will the Klingons see more missions and more coustumes, I play both sides and my Klingon feels less than par with my federation counterparts.
    edited July 2011
    Can Cryptic provide improved or customizable cursors for the STO HUD interface?

Often, it is difficult to see the current ingame cursor among the graphics during gameplay.

Some players use unsanctioned mods from third parties in order to see and use larger or different cursors while playing STO.

Can Cryptic give players more options to change, enlarge, or otherwise customize their cursor, so that players need not resort to third party sotfware?
    edited July 2011
    What are the current plans to make Klingons a more attractive to general gaming populous, new players to STO and STO vets? What are the current plans to get Klingons up to speed as a fully developed faction with content at low and high levels including missions, mini games and ships/items. Also what would the time table be like to complete such actions, a year or 2 years?
    edited July 2011
    1. What do you think of the idea of being able to use the Starfleet/Klingon Academy to 'adopt' a cadet (which we'd create much like our own character, complete with customised traits), who we'd 'mentor' and level up as a pet (through taking them on away missions or sending them on DOFF-style assignments etc - our very own Wesley Crusher, if you will) eventually resulting in a one-of-a-kind unique bridge officer?

2. "Ex Astris, Scientia" - From The Stars, Knowledge. Will we ever have a receptacle of this knowledge in-game, a database of sorts, where we can read-up on anything from the genealogy targs or tribbles, to favoured enemy battle tactics? It would hugely flesh out the universe and make it feel populated.

3. Will we ever get the 'match the waveforms' puzzle game as a tool in the Foundry? For example it could be used as a 'reinforce the warp core's resonant frequency!' puzzle, for example.

4. What do you think of the idea of granting every ship an out-of-combat tractor beam that can be used as a mission tool to move things (for example to move an asteroid into a fissure to close it)?. This would result in a greater variety of mission objectives and possibilities.
    edited July 2011
    It's most likely that Fleet Starbases are still many months off from implementation; however, can you share some of what you and the team are thinking in terms of cost to the fleets (i.e., energy credits, emblems, or c-store), and would the design be Foundry-based? Also, how much space will be considered for the Fleet Starbases? Will the Admirals have to bunk with the cadets, or will everyone be able to design their own room?

Thank you for taking the time to read this!
    edited July 2011
    Will it ever be possible to fly around while in your ship interior and have a reason for ship interiors? A lot of players are looking for more "immersive Star Trek experience" and being in one's ship while soaring through the stars would go along way for this.
    edited July 2011
    With fleet starbase coming soon can we build them as a fleet and not just one person building it. also is there a size limit and is it space or ground based?

when will we be getting tier 6 ships and new skills in the skill tree?

Now with fleets being the main focus for season 5 what is the one Feature you are looking forward for us to play with?

When we finally get our Enterprise F can it be a universal ship like if im a tac and I unlock the ship can it have a tac layout and so on with Eng and Sci since the enterprise is a war ship and an explore ship.

Crypic I love SFA and the new Enterprise I can't wait to see where you guys take this game next and thanks for letting me enjoy this game Thanks.;)
    edited July 2011
    Will one-off unique drops like the Numiri Regenerative shields, or the Polarized Tetryon Beams ever be set up to reflect the level at which the mission that they're dropped in is acquired?

ie: If I replay the mission as a RAUH, the drops would be XI, rather than their default VII or the like.

Some of these items are really cool, but they never get used for very long because you rapidly level out of VII-VIII and before you know it they're far below the equivalent gear for your tier.
    edited July 2011
    Besides the Borg Invasion and the 4th Featured Episode Series, what other content is to be released with Season 4?

Oh and I completely agree with Kerrus! I want a MkXI Overchargered Plasma Sniper Rifle. :)
    edited July 2011
    Why has it taken so long to get new PvP content in the game, and why is a "Beyond Season 5" goal?
    edited July 2011
    When are we going to see the rest of Federation Space put in the game?
    edited July 2011
    WishStone wrote:
    It's that time again!

Please form an orderly queue and hand in your questions for the August version of the Ask Cryptic, where our Developers will try to answer your questions.
    No pushing! Anyone cutting the line will be placed at the end.

Edith, because I forgot the disclaimer:
    Of course the questions need to be STO-related. We can't talk about the same of the company and similar. :)

Any update on featured series Tholians and Cardassian?
    edited July 2011
    Several Questions for this Edition of Ask Cryptic.

1.) Given the awesome new ground maps (i.e. Starfleet Academy, Qonos and such) and ground combat system when will we be seeing new missions (aside from the Featured Episodes), a new level cap, and overall - new playable PvE content?

2.) Are there plans for more functionality in our interiors? I.e. Healing in Sickbay, ship repair in engineering and so forth.

3.) Are there plans for more total bundles? i.e. a TMP / TWok bundle, a STNG bundle - as was done with TOS.

Thank you so much! Great job on Season 4! (Trials and Tribbles included :-p)
    edited July 2011
    There have been discussions on a possible KDF Flagship, will STO actually ever see this idea come to life? I believe that an antagonist flagship to the Enterprise-F would be a great add-on to the evolving story within STO.
    edited July 2011
    I know this has been looked at and discussed before, but are there any future plans for a P.o.B (Player on Board) system? In this I mean, will ships allow teamed up players, to walk around the interiors of another player’s ship while in combat or in a mission providing support to ship captain. While in combat or in a mission, supporting players would provide some of their skills/powers to ship captain and 'man' interior stations. At these stations, supporting players, would be playing mini-games suited to their class thus providing a faster power refresh for the 'main' captain upon successful completion. (i.e Running around repairing breeches for engineer, providing medical aid for wounded crew, or fighting off intruders beaming aboard.) This would definitely be a deeply immersive experience that could make STO feel very 'Trek’.
    edited July 2011
    How likely is it that we may see battle scarring on our ships that can only be repaired at spaceodck?

Also, is there any way to tell if we'll see the Enterprise-A bridge from Star Trek VI anytime soon as a player bridge?
    edited July 2011
    Will we ever see the Voth ( Voyager )?
    Will we ever see the Silver blood ( Voyager )?
    Do you love me? because I heart you guys ( Cryptic )!
    edited July 2011
    When are we going to see shared bank for sharing between characters of a single account?
    When is there going to be account-wide options in C-Store for additional BO slots, ship slots, bank slots, and inventory slots?
    When is there going to be tab purchase option in C-Store instead of slots for bank and inventory?
    When will fleet be able to purchase more then 8 tabs for fleet bank?
    edited July 2011
    Greetings! I have several questions for you!

Now that Vivox voice chat has been added to the game, will it be possible to eventually allow us to have ship-to-ship voice/video communication via "on screen"? I feel it will add some decent immersion to the game, especially if there are RPers willing to take the extra step of "dressing for the part".

Regarding planets and the maps already made for them, is it possible to create "whole planet maps", so that we may leave social zones and actually explore the planet? I remember the game Starflight doing a good job of randomly generating the planet based on set parameters and saving the result as the planet map. Again, this will add more immersion to the game.

What are some of the new things you are working on for us Foundry authors, be it tools or assets? I would love to see tools to allow us to change the lighting of the maps, along with atmospheric/aesthetic effects as well, including additional "background sounds or music". We DEFINITELY would love the option to change the whole map/characters/PCs to black and white like some old holonovel adventure like they had on Voyager!

Do you have any plans in the future to allow for a more "persistent galaxy" experience, where our actions (or inaction for that matter!) can change events that are unfolding in a sort of "living galaxy"? For example, if the Klingon players choose NOT to attack our convoys, could the balance of power then shift in the Federation favor in other sectors as those convoys make it through the blockades? Another example, dealing with some diplomacy, if enough players treat a certain species poorly, could that species then develop some sort of animosity toward the Federation, or toward the Klingon Empire due to those actions?

Distress calls. Can we see some sort of system for this in the game, especially if there are any upcoming open PvP zones? If I am under heavy fire, I would love to be able to summon fleet allies via a distress call. Perhaps make it so that it is only in a certain radius...say perhaps 20 or 30 light years.

What are the future plans/ideas for more customizable ship components and personal gear? I see many people requesting warp cores, customizable tricorders, etc. We want to be able to "mess around" with the technology at our disposal, like most good engineers do to the ships they serve on! We want to eke a little more power out of the warp core, we want to enhance the efficiency of our weapons or shields. Of course, alterations will come at a price of lower performance in another aspect of the system.

Are there any plans for multiple monitor or touch screen support? I would love to be able to connect a second monitor to get other functionality, technical readouts, tactical situations, scans, etc. on one screen while the action happens on the other!

Can we have more in-depth scanning of vessels, so that we can start having ship-board databases of aliens, ships and technologies we encounter? The ability to go back through your scans to deduce strengths and weaknesses of enemies would just be awesome....also, to recognize old foes from PvP or open PvE instancing.

Are there plans to make objects in the maps more interactive? Destroying asteroids to gain minerals, tractoring objects to move them away from hitting other objects/ships, or more stellar phenomenon such as ion storms, spatial anomalies, wormholes, black holes, pulsars, etc.?

Can we have enemies that attempt to flee combat once things go badly for them? It seems that every enemy chooses to fight to the death....whereas I can see that some may want to surrender instead of die.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
    edited July 2011
    Are there any plans to add the Steamrunner and Norway classes to the game eventually?

Concerning ground sets, are there plans to add a craftable set, or will the sets be strictly limited to mission/event/whatever rewards?
    edited July 2011
    Helmets. A helmet to go with our ground armor. EVA missions would be fun too, or on planets where the atmosphere is less than friendly. Making a few varities of helmet shouldn't be too hard and for me would add to realism and practicality.
    edited July 2011
    Ok just one quickie:

As ER July said you guys will add additional skins to klingons ships under T5, so how many 2 variations for each ship like Federation had at start or just one for each ? And what about adding additional skins for T5 ships ( C-Store <3 ), i mean it's nice to have various skins while you leveling, but most time you will spend flying T5+ ships :)

And what happend with "Gorn\Nausicaan\Orion leveling ships" ?
    edited July 2011
    Vesta Class, are we ever going to see it ingame?
This discussion has been closed.