test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: August 2011 Questions, please!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    When will "Into the hive" launch?

When will the borg stf's be a challange again?
    (Not like the joke they are now):confused:

Any possibility that gorn player toons get the "igor walk" of the npc`s?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I know you like to get C-store items in game but could we have in game items in the C-store like the Borg and Aegis sets,not eveyone likes or has time to do the STF's or fly around looking for things to make a set and if you don't want to use money then you can get them in game (win,win)
    P.S if you PVP up agains some with a full set it can be painful.Keep up the good work many thanks :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    When will we see weapons like the Defiant's phased pulse cannons in game?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Will we see the ability to command not only our own starship but perhaps a small 4 ship fleet that could be used by players who do not wish to play STFs with others but solo, as well as making fleet actions far easier when only having a small amount of people each could command other ships in battle amassing a fleet.

Seconded! As a "hard core solo gamer" :rolleyes: I'd very much appreciate this!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ashur1 wrote:
    Appropriate clothing for vacations on Risa for example, ever ? :D

And yes, this is a serious question. :cool:

BTW Appropriate clothing for a wedding ceremony on Betazed? :rolleyes: Ok - I know: Never!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    What sort of timeframe are we looking at for the powers as slot-able consoles revamp on ships with special abilities?

In other words, when can remove the grappler from the NX-01 and put in on a higher tier ship, ditch saucer separation in favor of another console slot, and other such things?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    metaQ wrote: »
    BTW Appropriate clothing for a wedding ceremony on Betazed? :rolleyes: Ok - I know: Never!

on Betazed you dont need Clothing for that

maybe for Risa a Bikini ...
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    W-T-Riker wrote:
    on Betazed you dont need Clothing for that

Yep! No clothing - at all!

... maybe for adult European lifetimers only :rolleyes:

OK - this isn't serious. Just joking. No offense meant!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    The Wedding Dress of Worf and Jadzia Dax whould be nice.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Will there be a t5 science ship with LT-Com tac BO slot?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Can we have a little more skillpoints?

Will there be a fix so my bofs can activate their powers a bit quicklier?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    hello there first of all keep up the excellent work it's much appreciated to see the commitment and hard work you guys put into the universe and community .

my Questions are as follows:

1.can we please have a phaser range on starfleet academy like in the series maybe a mini game?

2. i would like to know if you guys plan to add more levels to the earth spacedock this is supposed to be the most advanced starbase in the federation but it lacks so many things an appropriate starbase of it's size needs eg. civilian offices, brig,intelligence office,a formal conference room like the one on the enterprise d,e, and what about a Main Astrometrics lab,Biohazard Research, Stasis Units, Diplomatic Corps Office, Judge Advocate General Offices, Courtrooms,Federation Colonial Affairs, Diplomatic Communications Centre,Upper Promenade, Public Replimat, Shuttlebays 21-29, Shuttle Storage, Shuttle Maintenance, Shuttlebay Fusion Reactors 3 & 4,Shuttle Maintenance, Heavy Repairs Section, Shuttle Fabrication, Shuttlebay Fusion Reactor 5, Reactant Storage, Shuttlebay Power Distribution Network,Visiting Crew Quarters, Civilian Quarters, School Rooms, Education Centres, Historical Libraries, Museums, Medical Bays 8-10, Middle Phaser and Torpedo Controls, Primary Phaser Arrays (Middle), Torpedo Launchers, Torpedo Storage, Primary Shield Generators (Middle), Tactical Sensors, Engineering Support Labs, Science Labs 19-24, Secondary Computer Cores (3), Lower Promenade, Public Replimat, Observation Decks, Flight Command Crew and Flight Staff Quarters, Manoeuvring Thrusters, Weapons Storage, Auxiliary Operations, Emergency Batteries, Emergency Tactical Fusion Reactors, Reactant Storage, Shuttlebays 30-33, Primary SIF Generators (Middle), Waste Recycling (Middle), Waste Management Centre, Emergency Transporters, Lifepods etc (sorry got a little carried away with it a bit there .

3 Eta on the Ambassador Class Heavy Cruiser?

4.Eta on the rest of the Sol System

5.any chance of possibly getting a look at a working computer core in game?

6.eta on ships from wolf 359?

7.any chance of seeing the sona or baku we already have the briar patch

8.permission to start a dan stahl fan club :):D

(a spacedock is supposed to be a city in space with about: 15,000 Starfleet, typically 20,000 to 35,000 civilians i know this is a game and it has it's restrictions but it's a radical idea anyways.)

(and the spacedock is listed as a:Starbase manufacturing and support facility)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    When should we except to see some pre-order items available in the c-store it was originally set for around season fours launch but I understand it may have been pushed back due to season four keep up the good work Cryptic on the best mmo out there and thanks for your time.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    An Explorable Sol System has been a idea for ages now, if and when it comes will we ever see:

+Utopia Planeia as a shipyard
    - Here we could test drive ships
    +Jupiter Station as a R&D style hub like Memory Alpha
    - Getting to Memory Alpha takes ages
    +'War games style' Fed v Fed Open area PVP at Utopia Planetia

Can the Oddysey Class have 5 fore weapon slots to set it apart from the Sovereign Class?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    When are we (authors) going to see more assets in the foundry like the bajoran orbs?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Are there any plans on adding the Warship Voyager from the Living Witness as a Special C-store Ship? If so can you add the Galaxy Dreadnought Phaser Lance to it.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    can we have large turrets added to the foundry's npc squads list?

i saw some concept art for a composit ship labled urubian, i was wondering if this was still in the works for future missions?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Can you comment on what Races are the most commonly played amongst the playerbase? Perhaps a handy Pie Chart?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    When should we except to see some pre-order items available in the c-store it was originally set for around season fours launch but I understand it may have been pushed back due to season four keep up the good work Cryptic on the best mmo out there and thanks for your time.

The Preorder items like the TOS Connie, The Borg BOff, Red matter capacitor, the TR-116 rifle are all on a separate agreement with various sellers, Amazon, Gamestop, est. These agreements need to run out before the pre order items can be put in the C-store. It was mentioned in a previous ask cryptic.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Mr. Stahl mentioned that he wants to do away with the concept of "Uniforms" and "Off-duty costumes" and just have costume slots for you to set up and switch between at will. Could we PLEASE have the same for ships? I find it rather inconsistent that we can set up different costumes for our avatar and switch between them at no cost, but we can't do the same for our ships (while paying an exorbitant amount of EC's to change it in the process).

I can see charging EC's to change a preset, but to set up and switch between ship costumes I've created should be free (or a minimal charge, rather than 70k + just to change my ship's costume), just like with my avatar costumes.

I've asked about the high EC charge to change ship costumes in a past Ask Cryptic and even got a response, but I haven't noticed any difference in the cost.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Mr. Stahl mentioned that he wants to do away with the concept of "Uniforms" and "Off-duty costumes" and just have costume slots for you to set up and switch between at will. Could we PLEASE have the same for ships? I find it rather inconsistent that we can set up different costumes for our avatar and switch between them at no cost, but we can't do the same for our ships (while paying an exorbitant amount of EC's to change it in the process).

I can see charging EC's to change a preset, but to set up and switch between ship costumes I've created should be free (or a minimal charge, rather than 70k + just to change my ship's costume), just like with my avatar costumes.

I've asked about the high EC charge to change ship costumes in a past Ask Cryptic and even got a response, but I haven't noticed any difference in the cost.

Thanks!

Support, it's getting way too expensive to change cloths at VA
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Why not not have a NX-01 Refit ship. Make it an Lt. Commander level. Have both ships one at Lt. and the other at Lt. Commander.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Okay, my third question of the thread. :)

I'm wondering, instead of having an unexplored cluster so close to Earth (Delta Volanis), and in other areas that just don't make sense (Rolor Nebula), why not map out those areas, then put the exploration areas on the fringes of the zones? Say, "south" of Eta Eridani? The map I've used for Star Trek for years has an area that's claimed by the Federation there (it's between the Ferengi Alliance and the Sheliak Corporate), but the only thing really mentioned there is the Pleiades Cluster.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Can you combine the Tier 5 ship skill tabels like they are on the Tier 4 because it is very stupid to reskill all time when you switch to another ship.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Are there any plans to extend the "accolade"-system, maybe with medals we may attach to our uniforms or an overall title regarding how many titles claimed?

Would be a option to put another "formal" uniform in the game ;-)
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Do you have an eta on androids in game with the department head system in the future I've been looking forward to a android first officer.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Anymore word on the launch of the duty officer system and Department head system specifically a planned launch date and some of the features of the systems.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Some fan fiction novels and even a first contact mission I completed in game hinted that Data was successfully imprinted on b4s neural net does that mean that cryptic has authorization to place Data in game perhaps in command of the new enterprise in the future featured series.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    When the sector walls are brought down will the technology be applied to systems for examples having an entire sol system that could be explored.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Some fan fiction novels and even a first contact mission I completed in game hinted that Data was successfully imprinted on b4s neural net does that mean that cryptic has authorization to place Data in game perhaps in command of the new enterprise in the future featured series.

in the graphic novel countdown (not fan fiction) B4 as data is the captain of the enterprise-e, according to road to 2409 i think the e dissapeared with all hands (inc captain data)
This discussion has been closed.