test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Captain_Zero Is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Google can be very slow and is well known for being very inaccurate. It gets street names wrong in some cases and even cities. :eek: Trust Google as much as you trust PWE's ARC spyware, meaning you shouldn't trust either at all.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CCertainly a mis mash of terain cover bluring the maps grids on the printout i had before switching.. if it was more arcane id grab the garmin if i knew how it works
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
    edited November 2013
    The Garmin is fairly simple for the most part. One of the advantages to the Garmin over Google is you can download and save specific maps that you need frequently. If you need the most accurate data possible, the Garmin is the only choice. It can also include real time traffic data and various other overlays that use much better sources.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
    edited November 2013
    needs music and GlaDOS

so you think its a triumph finding an ice cream stand.. simple pleasures amuze you.. ok look a pimple and you're dating a wide.. yes i went their.. oh sorry i thought you came into the argument office.. [monty python meets portal]

yeah.. beats taking wrong phone home and getting office calls.. it was so important they sent a courier to pick it up.. and swap my issued with it.. i mean all verizon flip phone look alike anyone could ahve.:o
    edited November 2013
    I never did care for hte Portal games. I found the first one too simple to the point where it bored me from playing it. I wouldn't ever use Verizon if my life depended on it! They have to be the worst U.S. carrier next to AT&T. I've got a nice new Nexus 5 (Black) 32GB model.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    still alive song...humour made for younger people i think..
    Nex phone hum.. company phone no choice here group rate from bosses sons college buddie

i have my personal phone for back up coverage
    edited November 2013
    I ordered mine from Google directly. It will work on any carrier in North America other than Verizon (because Google hates them and their NSA backdoor to spying on people) and most other cell companies worldwide. That's the reason why I like the Nexus line of phones. It makes traveling easy because one phone can work with so many different companies that offer service on many different bands. They also come unlocked from the factory so none of that you need to pay to use it on other carriers TRIBBLE.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    my old virgin mobile nokia looks so primitive next to the samsung.. i never really wanted a bling phone.. just ease of use and bigger buttons.. im not a texter.. but fingers like ease
    edited November 2013
    As a heavy texter, I really like T-Mobile's Sidekick series for their amazing physical keyboards. They are definitely dated by today's devices but there is still a huge market for them. I personally hope T-Mobile returns to producing the Sidekick line and moves them into a higher quality and versatile produce instead of sticking them in the mid-range by design.

The Nexus 5 is a phone that does it all and stands out among the rest of what is available. The Google Experience launcher offers up voice interaction with the device. This is not a phone for paranoid people as the device is always listening to see if you have a task for it. Then again, all phones have the potential to be remotely accessed and their mic activated without the user knowing but the Google Experience method at least makes you consciously aware that it is listening. That comes at a cost of battery life though. From what I have seen, the Nexus 5 is also very fragile. It is a great device though for just about every task you can think of.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    nice.. i'm not signing up for googlie + either youtubes comments had problems with profanity but i just like my little LG phone.. that i don't have to use to be productive for work.

hum.. Dotn have to worry on call about being zapped too early or late cause i cant get there until the trucks fixed other times i get a ride.
    edited November 2013
    Google is getting out of hand with their TRIBBLE. You how much have a Google+ to tie to your YouTube or you can't comment. You have to have a GMail account to have a YouTube account and you have to have a GMail account to use the Android Play Store. If Microsoft was to do this, people would be outraged but because it's Google, most people look the other way. As time goes on, I hope the backlash grows to the point of where requiring a GMail account for anything isn't needed. In a world where privacy is important to most, companies like Google are keeping us back in the dark ages.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    Cousin left the google farm and found a nice tech college to assist.. possably in Safari defence team
    edited November 2013
    Considering Google owns Motorola, their flagship devices are never made by them. That's telling me something. If Windows Phone could shape up to being on par with the XBOX One experience and be made a good manufacture with high end specs, I don't think Microsoft would have as much of an issue getting them in to the hands of consumers. Especially if the price was right. Another thing Microsoft needs to do phone side is loosen up on developers. They have for games and publishing to XBOX Live and need to do so for their phones as well. Considering Windows Phone holds about 4% of the market share and Apple holds 12%. It's not a huge hill to climb to beat elitist 3 year old TRIBBLE in shiny new colored plastic.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    The try at being all things to all peoples has doomed many an empire
    stick to what you do well out sourcign never improves a corporate enity it only enriches the
    insiders that cant climb the corporate ladder and form a sub contractor
    edited November 2013
    The try at being all things to all peoples has doomed many an empire
    stick to what you do well out sourcign never improves a corporate enity it only enriches the
    insiders that cant climb the corporate ladder and form a sub contractor

Most definitely and Google is front and center for the next kick in the groin that they deserve. Apple already got one and they're cruising for another as well. Microsoft gets kicked repeately so I doubt they feel it anymore. :P
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    maybe thats why the huge areoplane landed at the wrong airport?
    edited November 2013
    maybe thats why the huge areoplane landed at the wrong airport?

UPS doesn't seem to know what a schedule or how to be on time also. What a wasted day and I'm stuck doing it all again tomorrow because of their incompetence.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    ups exist because like IBM somebody had an idea and they didn't invest in it..
    IBM had Gates UPS had a USPS bulk mail exec that wanted a pay raise

so they spun off mail and have a system thats aging. located well but staff pay hasn't changed much

you have no protections the USPS offers for tracking and investigations by federally badged agent

why some less scrupulous peoples use delivery services to circumvent the federal law v fraud adverts in products

but whats really important is i'm about to well today i will be mini vanned.. and be driving
    a red Pontiac Montana for the foreseeable future.. so ill disappear in traffic.. to slow to get out of the way and too big to miss
    edited November 2013
    ups exist because like IBM somebody had an idea and they didn't invest in it..
    IBM had Gates UPS had a USPS bulk mail exec that wanted a pay raise

so they spun off mail and have a system thats aging. located well but staff pay hasn't changed much

you have no protections the USPS offers for tracking and investigations by federally badged agent

why some less scrupulous peoples use delivery services to circumvent the federal law v fraud adverts in products

but whats really important is i'm about to well today i will be mini vanned.. and be driving
    a red Pontiac Montana for the foreseeable future.. so ill disappear in traffic.. to slow to get out of the way and too big to miss

The mail and courier system here all share the same problem. Due to being heavily unionized, they feel there is no sense of needing to get anything done on time. I called UPS this morning. If I hadn't, my package wouldn't even be going out for delivery today. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Time is going so slow!
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    ah yes i remember it well.. you get treated poorly for 89 days on the 90th your a made member of the postafia if a career person..

but,yes. the system of colsign and consolidatign services ditn speed anything up.. to use the system one could conseavably mail a letter 2 blocks away that has to leave your state for the next biggest cities distro centre be cancelled and then sent back o nthe next days truck..
    edited November 2013
    I didn't last that long at UPS. I quit long before getting any where near a month. Staring at 3AM wasn't an issue for me but getting there was. Getting to work 3 hours early because that was the only way you could get there on time made for a much longer and boring shift.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    very.. i had to leave an hour early to make brothers schedule after car engine went out

ah for postie.. the bulk mail centre had a dock conveyor belt for semi open door empty weash repeat holiday forced ot didnt look too good im just to freedom lovign to spend 60 hours a week working to cover understaffing

and it was closed bid site you had to stay a year then lose seniority to escape to be anything else
    i looked at being a mule for holiday and decline went to clerking and small site mail handling for 3 years on revolving contract then took a break joining airlines and then sub contracted then when back as a rual associate carrier then the lay off weeks before jr union membership kicked in they cut delievery budget
    edited November 2013
    For us, the trucks would back up to a barrier, you'd have one person in the trock to toss packages out to a slide a few feet away and that would take it down to the belt to take it to sorting. We were always told to not worry about what was in it. Speed was the key, even if you heard smash. The way they packed some of those trucks, packages with glass in them that had been handled poorly would have glass shards sticking out. Others with liquids would be leaking and so on. The few nights I worked there, I ruined 3 outfits and I walked out of there each day at 11AM looking like I was homeless from being so dirty.

Some Doctor Who Techno/Trance for the 50th.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    aye another reason the outsourcing was they would except items the other service would not. I preferred the Military mails smaller base office just an occasional sack that wasn't turned inside out and barring a year old letter also the sack were washed and displayed with military parade field precision
    edited November 2013
    The military does things efficiently and are reliable. You don't see that in today's mail or courier systems very often. We need more military order and less unions. ;)

Did everyone enjoy the 50th Doctor Who special? From what I have seen around the STO boards, I'm probably one of the few that thought it was too short, didn't include enough of the classic Doctor's, and that it was more or less a cliche string of quotes full of stupid baby talk. Geeze... I can't stress enough how much I loathe all of the new Doctor's with the exception of Capaldo so far. I saw so much unused potentioal that was passed up. Tom Baker should have been in full costume at some point and it really would have been nice for him and all of the classic Doctor's to have some screen time to integrate in to the final... I won't spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it. It wasn't great but it could have been worse also.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    edited November 2013
    i miss Sara.. and due to remote location without sat not gettign that channel hope to fidn something youtubish on it thought.. miss the good fun.
    edited November 2013
    I never could get in to the Sarah Jane Adventures. It just seemed too Tomb Raiderish. Have you checked Amazon On-Demand? Even if it's not free for Prime, they usually have some decent prices on renting or buying digital seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if Hulu has it also but they put ads in everything. Totally not worth it for that reason.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mute buttons are your friend. :D
    edited November 2013
    i once had a Zap-it recorder for those days i dint want to miss something but hatign all the adverts..

rip brian griffin
    edited November 2013
    Why mute something when you can completely eliminate watching it instead?! :P P/DVR's can help for skipping them over but they need some sort of an ad blocking system for TV's.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >