Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just ban everyone involved. Easy and it solves everything.

Yeah PWI/E ban everyone that was online between the time the Code went live to when it was shut down! That will solve everything. b:surrender

Think before you speak.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So, you say. Either roll back the server or give EVERYONE +10 orbs to make EVERYONE +10 and that will solve the problem. f:sweat First you want equality and for things to return back to "normal" back to what they were. Now you want to be on the same level as the "abusers". Make up your mind. But i know the truth. You, just like everyone else, wont be happy with what they decide to do.

Imo, they shouldn't do anything. **** us. They tried to fix something the messed up. We messed up their fix. Even!! EQUAL! MMO is an ecosystem. When something happens you dont introduce an outside fix to it or else it becomes more out of balance. You let the ecosystem work it out on its own and restore balance.

Eh, cut him some slack. At least he's "moving on" and following his own advice!

Here, have some of my Friendship Cookies, fresh from the oven!
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The reason why I do believe a rollback would be better than the other option (doing nothing) is: if I wanted a place where absolutely everyone has the same gear with no effort put at all to get it, I'd simply roll on a private server and have full +12 toons with those ridiculously op stones they have out there.

I play PWI because it demands what to me seems to be the right amount of hard work and dedication to get somewhere (not so much that it gets frustrating, but not so little to get boring).

The main option, however, would be to hunt down in the logs all those orbs and the items refined with them and simply take it all away, including unrefining whenever they've been used.

That is, I believe, perfectly possible for GMs, however much work it'd take them.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    f:shamef:ponder XD

So, you say. Either roll back the server or give EVERYONE +10 orbs to make EVERYONE +10 and that will solve the problem. f:sweat First you want equality and for things to return back to "normal" back to what they were. Now you want to be on the same level as the "abusers". Make up your mind. But i know the truth. You, just like everyone else, wont be happen with what they decide to do.

Imo, they shouldn't do anything. **** us. They tried to fix something the messed up. We messed up their fix. Even!! EQUAL! MMO is an ecosystem. When something happens you dont introduce an outside fix to it or else it becomes more out of balance. You let the ecosystem work it out on its own and restore balance.

Your logic is worse than mine at least mine gives people either their original stuff back the way it was or puts most players on equal grounds. What your saying is that they should do nothing so now all those players that got a **** ton of orbs and +10 all their gear get to run around scott free while many players didnt get ANYTHING? where is the logic there? NOTHING you say can possibly make your statement that they should do nothing reasonable. There is NO WAY that them doing nothing is an option.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dainabg
    dainabg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    roll it, plz is funny... and 24 hrs is not really big waste , just fix it out b:chuckle
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think all sorts of things. Sometimes my thinking gets out of control.

f:sweat Man, story of my life!!
    Eh, cut him some slack. At least he's "moving on" and following his own advice!

Here, have some of my Friendship Cookies, fresh from the oven!

f:cutef:grin yay, friendship Cookies makes the QQing less painful on the eyes.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No. keep it as-is and now u can give us a nice +11 & +12 orb sale instead of +10 b:laugh
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think either way at this point, pwi is damned it they don't, damned if they do. (As far as the rollback goes.

There is people on boths sides of the fence, I for one do not care one way or the other what they do, I just hope they do it sooner rather than later so we know what their plans are... and all this rage can die down.

EDIT: I feel that this was a domino effect sort of thing.

Pwi servers had major issues, they had to rollback arch, and later released the code for archosuar, with one major catch it could be used on ANY server, (yes a few people complained about this... but really how certain are we this played a high role in their decision to release a code.... as we weren't 'qqin' about it for long at all... they did release the compensation code for all servers fairly quickly so maybe they were already in talks about it before the first QQ post popped up), then they released a new code for all to use, and finally lots of people abused it as soon as they realized there was an issue.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Noob_slayrzz - Archosaur
    Noob_slayrzz - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There are a lot of people who have worked hard to get to lvl 100+, I my self have earnt over 100million since the last roll back so I don't want the roll back to ruin it, and if you think its just me who raised 100million+, you are wrong as there are lots of others who have worked hard to lvl up and raise money or even spend gold after the last roll back.
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    rm -r ./
    PROBLEM SOLVEDb:laugh
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    because we pay all players if first of all the error was committed by PWI deliver a broken code, it's not fair that everyone pays for it

Just checking...you are aware that SweetieBot is not a real person right?b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Your logic is worse than mine at least mine gives people either their original stuff back the way it was or puts most players on equal grounds. What your saying is that they should do nothing so now all those players that got a **** ton of orbs and +10 all their gear get to run around scott free while many players didnt get ANYTHING? where is the logic there? NOTHING you say can possibly make your statement that they should do nothing reasonable. There is NO WAY that them doing nothing is an option.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. You're QQing that some people get lots of nice stuff, but others don't? For free? Hate to break it to you, but that happens ALL THE TIME. Not just in-game, in real life too.

Of course it's not reasonable. But it's what happens. If you can't deal with it, you're clearly not cut out to live in the real world. Thinking that they're definitely going to do something about this? Well, yeah, they'll definitely do something about this. You'll definitely be unhappy with whatever they choose to do about this too.
  • hdluck72
    hdluck72 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Damn can't even do anything on the site....come on. great thinking everyone ppffftttt
    edited November 2013
    Options

Could of sworn.. i put something in there.. that made logical sense that came from a ecosystem reference.. f:confused

Hold on while i search for it again...
    MMO is an ecosystem. When something happens you dont introduce an outside fix to it or else it becomes more out of balance. You let the ecosystem work it out on its own and restore balance.

f:cool Found it. Knew i wasn't a total dense. Sometimes i think things and dont type out i guess... Is that quote to hard to understand? Did you not go to a Biology Class and learn the basics of an Ecosystem? Because if we compare what a natural Ecosystem is to that of a MMO.

We are all thriving and living in a Biome (PWI). When something changes (+10 for all) we have to adapt to it and learn to better skill ourselves to survive in this new Environmental change or... be farmed in NW/TW >.>
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There are a lot of people who have worked hard to get to lvl 100+, I my self have earnt over 100million since the last roll back so I don't want the roll back to ruin it, and if you think its just me who raised 100million+, you are wrong as there are lots of others who have worked hard to lvl up and raise money or even spend gold after the last roll back.

Print screen your coins and 10mil notes. Wait for rollback. Submit a ticket. There you go. Happy now?
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,845 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL and i thought better of PWI.

Ill say one thing Sort this out Fast or im off.
  • gagapw
    gagapw Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Should there be a rollback?? this is not a QQ thread, simply a vote

NO, OFC NO, b:angry
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Does anyone know when the gm working hours start? Its like 9.19 am now. Would like to see some updates.
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Hinatachii - Dreamweaver
    Hinatachii - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    even if he/she gets a gm online he would have to read **** load of **** talk and spam so he could anwser and proly in midle hes brain make boom so gl. True we need a roolback orr soemhing to solwe the problem that was made (btw the gms might be reading all posts thast why no anwser XD) welll i hope soon all back to normal etc etc etc btw i got nothing to but complain wont help much just wait

Or they "busy investigating", or just ignore their mistakes f:meh
    You mad? f:grin
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. You're QQing that some people get lots of nice stuff, but others don't? For free? Hate to break it to you, but that happens ALL THE TIME. Not just in-game, in real life too.

Of course it's not reasonable. But it's what happens. If you can't deal with it, you're clearly not cut out to live in the real world. Thinking that they're definitely going to do something about this? Well, yeah, they'll definitely do something about this. You'll definitely be unhappy with whatever they choose to do about this too.

First off he is a big boy and doesnt need you to defend him. Secondly Why must u feel the need to bring my irl into the conversation really? That clearly shows your own maturity level. As for me being unhappy your wrong. I will be happy once they do something all i care is that something is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    LOL and i thought better of PWI.

Ill say one thing Sort this out Fast or im off.

f:kneel Your wish is PWE and off of its staffings' command f:strive
  • sashka300991
    sashka300991 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think this all is just not right, i payed enough for this game, and alots of us...pwi makes profit from anyone who plays...im against rollback, i think pwi just must find some other solution. I dont wanna lose everything i gained in this days...if we pay hundreds and hundreds dollars in this game i think pwi shouldnt **** us 3 times..if they do it...well 1 customer less
  • Greds - Lost City
    Greds - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Or they "busy investigating", or just ignore their mistakes f:meh

proly but idc i want a solution from them soon all btw i like pancakes b:thanks
    edited November 2013
    Options
    First off he is a big boy and doesnt need you to defend him. Secondly Why must u feel the need to bring my irl into the conversation really? That clearly shows your own maturity level. As for me being unhappy your wrong. I will be happy once they do something all i care is that something is done.

Hey i am defending myself. Shes just helping you understand my point with different words because clearly mine arn't "logical". f:strive But i will try my best to run through both a dictionary and a Theseus to find the correct words and arrange them in a neat and logical order to were you can understand that...

A roll back wont fix crud.
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

If there is a Rollback its for the 20th after maint, before the codes, not till the last rollback !
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options

Firstly, of course he doesn't need me to defend him. I'm just doing it because you're annoying. Secondly, I'm not bringing your "IRL" into the conversation. I'm pointing out the fact that you're complaining so much about this, when it's something that everyone else has to deal with on a daily basis, once again, both in-game, and IRL.

As for my maturity level, that fluctuates depending on my mood. And right now, it's pretty low seeing as how I'm in the market for some cheap laughs.
  • Hinatachii - Dreamweaver
    Hinatachii - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    proly but idc i want a solution from them soon all btw i like pancakes b:thanks

Me too xD

Talking about pancakes, what kind of pancakes do you like? *boils some water to make some tea* f:grin
    You mad? f:grin
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Could of sworn.. i put something in there.. that made logical sense that came from a ecosystem reference.. f:confused

Hold on while i search for it again...

f:cool Found it. Knew i wasn't a total dense. Sometimes i think things and dont type out i guess... Is that quote to hard to understand? Did you not go to a Biology Class and learn the basics of an Ecosystem? Because if we compare what a natural Ecosystem is to that of a MMO.

We are all thriving and living in a Biome (PWI). When something changes (+10 for all) we have to adapt to it and learn to better skill ourselves to survive in this new Environmental change or... be farmed in NW/TW >.>

Seriously you are trying to bring your high school education to relate to an online game? lol i am fully aware of the in game economy and how it works but a disruption of this magnitude NEEDS to be handled with care not just thrown to the wind to let it work itself out. Regardless of what you are saying, as intelligent as it MAY sound, the fact of the matter is that they NEED to do something. This isnt something that can just WORK itself out. I for one dont see how u can be ok with many people suddenly going from low refined decent gear to +10 without batting an eye. To me you just sound biased. And yes i am a bit biased myself but at least im listening and taking into consideration what others are saying. You are just dismissing it as though them doing anything is not an option .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Did PW stuff started working?

Can we get any info? Anything? b:cry
  • Samare - Dreamweaver
    Samare - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    woot almost 200 pages on this tread go go go!b:victory