Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• Gragorn - Sanctuary
    Gragorn - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    All you people talking about unbalance this, unbalance that, like PWI cares. I bet they wont give 2 ****s if someone rage quits. Why not look at it from PW's point of view for once, when it was about the goon's glitch, yeah it was a big deal, for players that is. What did PWI had to lose? Not much imo. Because for that, it requires a consumer's personal efforts to level up and everything, not much cash involved. But here we are talking about Ocean orbs, each costing 25 dollars. A BIG source of income for PWI team, and they decided to just give away $75 worth of Ocean orbs for FREE to ALL the accounts in every server, that would definitely affect their income a bit would'nt you all agree, but they were being nice and all and I liked it alot. But I guess the programmers messed up a bit in scripting cause people were at their throats like "Its not fair" and all that and they had to do something fast to keep their customers happy. But then after they made it fair for everyone, giving out packs containing gifts one could only dream of, for free, people found out a glitch in their system, and knowing it wasn't PWI's intention to just give away that reward again and again, they still abused the glitch hoping they'd be able to take atleast a bit of advantage from it cause they are just greedy like that, and they knew the outcome. How it will effect PWI badly, but why should they care? Its "fun" right? People may lose their jobs cause of your greediness and still what you think of is "it'll effect a few days of my gameplay, I am gonna die if that happens". All that aside, Ocean orb is a great source of income for PWI therefore whatever you may think, PWI is definitely taking a strict action against it, if not well then I expected too much of PWI I guess. and I definitely don't mind a roll back.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Okay, here's things as I see it.

1/2 the player base wants a rollback: They want this because a bug was exploited. What the bug did was inconsequencial as it gave someone an unfair advantage. This doesn't matter if it was 10 people or 1000 people. They feel that anyone could regain what they lost, and fail to see how much money PWI lost in the process of having to roll back Archosaur. They fail to see how much the playerbase shrunk last time. They insist that those who don't want the rollback were the bug abusers. They think that the abusers should probably be permabanned.

1/2 the player base doesn't want a rollback: Time is money. It was their day off work. They Skipped school to play. They didn't abuse the bug. They spent money. These people have very real opinions and some, if not all may quit over a roll back happening. These players, while they may care that a bug existed, don't care if it makes the game suffer a little, because Bug Users tend to not be punished anyways.

What my solution would be to rolling back: Rollback servers to day zero. Turn back on the code. Take those items out of the cash shop so that they could only be gotten with the bug. Wait. Watch. Laugh. Within a few hours the playerbase will have their bug abusers, and r9rrs. Laugh some more. Leave it like this for 1 week. Shut down the servers perminently. Yeah. All of that. Eff the player base out of all of the time they spent grinding, meeting people, enjoyng the game.

What my solution would be to not rolling back: """" 'em..... back to the game. Oh there's a few new R9RRs in the game with wonderful gear? Yeah.... Not really caring.

Either way over all of this PWI is effed. Some will play. Some will quit. Some will qq. I will go to work like any other day and make sure their internet is working.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • johnz11
    johnz11 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What a unfair game...it's not only orbs is everything, charms,event gold etc...i dont wanna say anything..i will just wait pwi decision and then make mine..but if no rollback...nice to meet you and play this game..but don't wanna play anymore..any of PWE game of course ;) b:byeb:bye

P.S. Rules of conduct of game is clear...any player that takes advantage from exploiting a bug is subject to ban and the object gained removed..
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    But it wouldnt really be funny...maybe it would be ironic seeing as how "great" PWE has been at taking care of us lately but not really. Regardless of how extensive a roll back is many many people agree it needs to be done. I for one dont exactly WANT a roll back but i would support the choice. I would much rather see them just give us all the orbs we want and say gg. I mean sure gear is not equal to skill and high refines arent a substitute for skill either but it does make a difference. This is exactly why many people are outraged.

I would love to agree with "This is exactly why many people are outraged." If only Archo World Chat and countless other post did not have other reasons for wanting a Roll Back. I've said in earlier post. Do a Roll Back for all i care. I have no used 1 Dragon Orb yet. So it means nothing to me. But the people that want to ban those who abuses a code. Give me a break. banning them would, imo, do more harm then good.

Dont roll = Loss of Players
    Do roll = Loss of Players
    Do nothing = Loss of Players
    Giving everyone orbs that were not online at the time = Loss of players

Im not trying to calm the QQ. That my friend is something no one can do. Im just simply saying. Everyone is asking for a quick fix to something that did not happen over night. Seems more like we are putting a Plank of wood over a pot hole. Just hope that pot hole isn't on a freeway.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Roll it back...but no more compensations...people don't know how to use codes and sell them =.=''
  • legendaryaura12
    legendaryaura12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the orbs dont change the game.. ok i been workin hard on my toon for 2 yrs to get to +7 everything. they just gave away +10 to everything for ppl who were able to get it . so its fait that i worked hard for 2 yrs to earn what i got but other ppl only had to click a button. the person who said that it doesnt change game is probably a casher at that. ya the game isnt expected t be fair u cant expect to go up against a person who spent real money to get where they . they are like u said even r9rr +10-12 everything cause they spent thousands of dollar's. ofc someone who works for what they need in game wont be able to go against that. u said it makes it more fun how do you figure. its fun watching ppl who dont do nothing close to the work you do get better than you within an hour. when you have worked longer(my case-2yrs)but ppl are talkin about how some pl got 30 orbs. thats nothin there was ppl on wc boastin about have 200+ orbs. so think about it how much free event gold did they get how long will they get free charms for while ur grinding for ur coin to get charms . not to mention all the charms u get with it too and apoth thats sellable... i read a post earlier they said they did the math and pwi stands to lose at least a few hundred thousand dollars from this glitch. 50 gold for 1X 10* orb if only 1000 ppl got the orbs thats 50k they lost but there is more than 1k ppl that got and some got hundreds of orbs so they stand to lose alot.. and it ruins the game for ppl like me who are still working to get up to +10. basically everything i worked for in 2 yrs for myself. means nothing .you gave away +10 to everybody. i still need 30X10* orbs and there is no way in hell ima buy them now . i worked for everything and u gave it away in a day. no not a "day" in a few hours . years of dedicated work down the drain .b:surrenderb:shutup
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

1/2 the player base wants a rollback: They want this because a bug was exploited. What the bug did was inconsequencial as it gave someone an unfair advantage. This doesn't matter if it was 10 people or 1000 people. They feel that anyone could regain what they lost, and fail to see how much money PWI lost in the process of having to roll back Archosaur. They fail to see how much the playerbase shrunk last time. They insist that those who don't want the rollback were the bug abusers. They think that the abusers should probably be permabanned.

1/2 the player base doesn't want a rollback: Time is money. It was their day off work. They Skipped school to play. They didn't abuse the bug. They spent money. These people have very real opinions and some, if not all may quit over a roll back happening. These players, while they may care that a bug existed, don't care if it makes the game suffer a little, because Bug Users tend to not be punished anyways.

What my solution would be to rolling back: Rollback servers to day zero. Turn back on the code. Take those items out of the cash shop so that they could only be gotten with the bug. Wait. Watch. Laugh. Within a few hours the playerbase will have their bug abusers, and r9rrs. Laugh some more. Leave it like this for 1 week. Shut down the servers perminently. Yeah. All of that. Eff the player base out of all of the time they spent grinding, meeting people, enjoyng the game.

What my solution would be to not rolling back: """" 'em..... back to the game. Oh there's a few new R9RRs in the game with wonderful gear? Yeah.... Not really caring.

Either way over all of this PWI is effed. Some will play. Some will quit. Some will qq. I will go to work like any other day and make sure their internet is working.

Woot i like this lol. And good to know you are keeping my net running good for me ty for your good work man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    All you people talking about unbalance this, unbalance that, like PWI cares. I bet they wont give 2 ****s if someone rage quits. Why not look at it from PW's point of view for once, when it was about the goon's glitch, yeah it was a big deal, for players that is. What did PWI had to lose? Not much imo. Because for that, it requires a consumer's personal efforts to level up and everything, not much cash involved. But here we are talking about Ocean orbs, each costing 25 dollars. A BIG source of income for PWI team, and they decided to just give away $75 worth of Ocean orbs for FREE to ALL the accounts in every server, that would definitely affect their income a bit would'nt you all agree, but they were being nice and all and I liked it alot. But I guess the programmers messed up a bit in scripting cause people were at their throats like "Its not fair" and all that and they had to do something fast to keep their customers happy. But then after they made it fair for everyone, giving out packs containing gifts one could only dream of, for free, people found out a glitch in their system, and knowing it wasn't PWI's intention to just give away that reward again and again, they still abused the glitch hoping they'd be able to take atleast a bit of advantage from it cause they are just greedy like that, and they knew the outcome. How it will effect PWI badly, but why should they care? Its "fun" right? People may lose their jobs cause of your greediness and still what you think of is "it'll effect a few days of my gameplay, I am gonna die if that happens". All that aside, Ocean orb is a great source of income for PWI therefore whatever you may think, PWI is definitely taking a strict action against it, if not well then I expected too much of PWI I guess. and I definitely don't mind a roll back.

What to know what the Staff thinks of you? Watch this link. And replace "record sales" with "Pack Sales"
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • sosephinea12
    sosephinea12 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ich hab jetzt f
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would love to agree with "This is exactly why many people are outraged." If only Archo World Chat and countless other post did not have other reasons for wanting a Roll Back. I've said in earlier post. Do a Roll Back for all i care. I have no used 1 Dragon Orb yet. So it means nothing to me. But the people that want to ban those who abuses a code. Give me a break. banning them would, imo, do more harm then good.

Dont roll = Loss of Players
    Do roll = Loss of Players
    Do nothing = Loss of Players
    Giving everyone orbs that were not online at the time = Loss of players

Im not trying to calm the QQ. That my friend is something no one can do. Im just simply saying. Everyone is asking for a quick fix to something that did not happen over night. Seems more like we are putting a Plank of wood over a pot hole. Just hope that pot hole isn't on a freeway.

LOL. I totally agree that banning players is NOT a solution here. As for a quick fix....yea ur right here is no quick fix...in fact a quick fix is what got us where we are now. b:chuckleb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Since no one (except the raging player base) does read this thread (GMs are still in "brainstorming mode" and Mods are buys with moving legit threads to the "lower depths" to avoid the fury of their masters... let's talk about the next topic (related to this disaster):
    I'm looking for a new mmo and it shoud be/should have:

- a client (not a browser) game
    - nice graphic, but not too sophisticated. High resolution-only games are
    power guzzlers which I don't want to support
    - active GMs/proper amount of GMs (not like at pwe), no MODs/only hired MODs
    - not a game of pwe, F2P, open market
    - international, not area-restricted, english communication
    - server which started in 2013 or will start in early 2014 (not beta, real start)
    - high long-term motivation, but not as nerdy as ev.e online
    - nice character customization (comparable with pwi)
    - easy to play (comparable with pwi, not as nerdy as ev.e online)
    - ability to play anonymous (comparable with pwe, they don't demand a
    identity verification)
    - housing system
    - no modern fashion, but detailed fashion and equipment
    - medieval style, no modern weapons, no guns, no blood, no cruelty
    - solo and squad mode for instances, both should be worth to do
    - proper progress while playing F2P
    - ability to make more than one character per account

I don't care about story or trailers. I want to play with a friendly community on a PVE server. The game shoud be better not that popular for teenagers, I perfer to play with adults. No cybering, stuff like housing would be nice but it's not a "must-have". And I don't like the WoW-grapics/style.
  • kerfisti
    kerfisti Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

I agree with you up to a point.
    First of all the items they are giving away are in game stuff on purchasing of it they dont spend a penny.
    Secondly It was a decission of them to give away to compensate the roll back, but the consequences are awful at the moment, it is making people feel sad, even though perfect world should make people feel happy since it is a game.

However, i support the rest part of your argument, which sounds reasonable.
  • FooFighters - Raging Tide
    FooFighters - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    vitoryxxxx are u one of them? (a)
  • Peedy - Harshlands
    Peedy - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    pwi should be able to simply pull back the orbs obtained from each player. I don't believe this should be an issue. It should not matter if they received 1 or more. Simply pull them back.

Next time, test please. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
  • lumatrons1
    lumatrons1 Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    remind me why alot of other people on other servers are ******** about this? it was only supposed to be archosaur players that were compensated for the loss of the roll back. no other server suffered that. but anyways - to any archosaur players, im sure they will be refunded at some point or other after the code abusers have been taken care of b:pleased
  • shopchar0815
    shopchar0815 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    NO to rollback.
    ppl are just jelous, no reason to punish everybody.
    (i didnt use code at allb:surrender)
  • phinixxx
    phinixxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Don't roll back. Look, who get more reparation, than allowed and cancel it. it was your mistake, not ours. So go on your work, not on our gaming.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Since no one (except the raging player base) does read this thread (GMs are still in "brainstorming mode" and Mods are buys with moving legit threads to the "lower depths" to avoid the fury of their masters... let's talk about the next topic (related to this disaster):
    I'm looking for a new mmo and it shoud be/should have:

- a client (not a browser) game
    - nice graphic, but not too sophisticated. High resolution-only games are
    power guzzlers which I don't want to support
    - active GMs/proper amount of GMs (not like at pwe), no MODs/only hired MODs
    - not a game of pwe, F2P, open market
    - international, not area-restricted, english communication
    - server which started in 2013 or will start in early 2014 (not beta, real start)
    - high long-term motivation, but not as nerdy as ev.e online
    - nice character customization (comparable with pwi)
    - easy to play (comparable with pwi, not as nerdy as ev.e online)
    - ability to play anonymous (comparable with pwe, they don't demand a
    identity verification)
    - housing system
    - no modern fashion, but detailed fashion and equipment
    - medieval style, no modern weapons, no guns, no blood, no cruelty
    - solo and squad mode for instances, both should be worth to do
    - proper progress while playing F2P
    - ability to make more than one character per account

I don't care about story or trailers. I want to play with a friendly community on a PVE server. The game shoud be better not that popular for teenagers, I perfer to play with adults. No cybering, stuff like housing would be nice but it's not a "must-have". And I don't like the WoW-grapics/style.

Oh, I'd have to suggest G.W. Two if you want to spend a few bucks for the game, but then play for free. Or Marvel heroes if you just want to play for free. I ehar L.o.L. is good. Second Life is a decent game, if you want all the amentities, and the kill systems built by players are nice, with full customization....
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And again...how the hell gm's supposed to sort EVERY SINGLE MO-RON WHO ABUSED THE CODE AND BLOCK THEM (not to mention it's more then half ppl from all servers)..
    And again... i did, i got , i made...it's not just you who getting it's *** rolled back it's EVERYONE.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i worked for everything and u gave it away in a day. no not a "day" in a few hours . years of dedicated work down the drain .b:surrenderb:shutup

Then Roll back the server. Dont give out anything. Everyone shut about orbs. And move on with your grinding. But what people are asking for now are "Roll the server back, take away orbs (ban people maybe) and give us (the people that didn't get anything) orbs because we didn't get any."

You know what i see when i read that. Lets switch places, you get nothing now and i get things. Equal :D

Lmao no not equal. All of you care about being equal now. Roll it back to Maint and let pwi/e get on with its Arc and Content update. No more compensation, no more free ****.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    kerfisti wrote: »
    Nah man, GM's are good guys, but they' ve done a mistake, which they should fix. And hopefully they will roll back, cause seems that if roll back wont happend ppl will simply quit it.

a mistake happens one,,,or twice...but more than 3 times??? how do you call that??? mistake??? meeeh
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Then Roll back the server. Dont give out anything. Everyone shut about orbs. And move on with your grinding. But what people are asking for now are "Roll the server back, take away orbs (ban people maybe) and give us (the people that didn't get anything) orbs because we didn't get any."

You know what i see when i read that. Lets switch places, you get nothing now and i get things. Equal :D

Lmao no not equal. All of you care about being equal now. Roll it back to Maint and let pwi/e get on with its Arc and Content update. No more compensation, no more free ****.

+1 roll back and no compensation
    edited November 2013
    Options
    LOL. I totally agree that banning players is NOT a solution here. As for a quick fix....yea ur right here is no quick fix...in fact a quick fix is what got us where we are now. b:chuckleb:chuckle

YES!! f:grinf:grossf:cute omg FINALLY. Thats all i've been saying. TY
  • Bonzoid - Momaganon
    Bonzoid - Momaganon Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I've been playing 2-1/2 years. Main is almost 104, alts are 103 and 101. I've really had enough of PWI's flakiness. If a roll back occurs, I'll be out. Seriously. I'll just give away all my stuff (on Morai BTW).
    b:surrender
    I recently began playing Final Fantasy XIV. What a difference, in every way.
    b:victory

My personal theory with PWI: any programmer in China that demonstrates talent is taken by the military to **** the Pentagon and other global targets. And yes I'm being facetious there.
    b:laugh
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Maybe the code abuse was intentional.... Maybe they wanted a bunch of people who found the glitch to have that much stuff. Maybe they were hoping that it might bring people's minds off Archo, and back to just playing the game....

I think i just hurt my head with those thoughts.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the way i see it pwi has a few options 1. rollback to last server back up 2. ban ppl who redeemd the code more then (x) number of times and send a code for the 3 orbs to anyone that didnt use it. 3. put the code back up and let ppl abuse it if they want 4. do nothing 5. server wipe, start from scratch =D 6.shut down pwi.... i would have to say that a rollback would be the best option to keep most ppl playing with the least number of ppl quiting the game.

and whats with those that got the reward multiple times unintended? ban them?
    let them keep the orbs? rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • chmarass
    chmarass Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No rollback, im sure they log all there codes. ban the abusers.
    Everone ******* and complains about 1st rollback and now you want one.
    Just wish i got 1 orb
  • SeekOfDeath - Raging Tide
    SeekOfDeath - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you ban the people that cheated it will most likely do no good, as they will probably just make a new account.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    YES!! f:grinf:grossf:cute omg FINALLY. Thats all i've been saying. TY

BREAKTHROUGH! BREAKTHROUGH AT LONG LAST! I would've posted something earlier, but I didn't want to ruin the moment! Cookies! Sleep! Rest!
This discussion has been closed.