[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• tilikas
    tilikas Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    now if you try to send a ticket to pwi game they change it to forsaken world

now we know what the gms and customer suport know to do: ignore us
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We Want More
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    For once, I can actually feel sorry for other players on this game. On the other hand, you guys aren't helping your case with all the rage. Perhaps you should take a day or two off to clear your minds and calm down, then come back to talk about it in a rational manner? It's been all of 2 days. Maybe if it was 2 weeks, the rage at the lack of compensation would be justified, but once again, 2 days.

Losing 4 days of gameplay does suck, and I know I'd be heartbroken if I lost everything I've done over the past week too, but if I'm unhappy with my frappe, screaming at the barista and throwing the liquid sugar back in her face isn't going to get me any compensation; it will get me arrested. Or at least, it should.

Not going to say anything PWI has done so far has been satisfactory; the utter lack of information as to the problem(s) that caused this is probably the biggest worry on the minds of every player on this game, not just the ones on Arch. But spamming and crying about everything you lost isn't going to get you back your stuff. Or it might, but the company is not going to miss you when you leave.

Its been 2 days? Well guess what, it took me 3 years to get that F'ing R9 ring and since I worked my @ ss off and did not charge gold I was told to take a long walk off a short pier. I received response to my ticket and was told too bad so sad and the ticket was marked as resolved. So 2 days, 2 weeks? Guess what I have reason to rage. Bust my butt trying to get to 104 and in a couple hours I lose 93 million exp. They tell me sorry. We are completely incompetent and have no intention of helping you. So yeah if you aren't here guess what, just watch and be quiet. Stay out of it until you walk a mile in our shoes. And even though you are totally insensitive I still hope it doesn't happen to you.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You quote 3 paragraphs from me, and pick out one sentence to focus on? And how does 5 hypers compare to diarrhea-soaked toilet paper? Is taking these 5 hypers somehow going to negatively affect your gameplay or give you an infection or something? I sincerely hope this is the worst side of you, because if this is how you respond every time a business can't serve you to your exact specifications, life must be stressful for you.

Not at all, on all counts.

5 hypers are worthless. That was the comparison I was making. Getting handed a code for 5 hypers honestly made me say "Ewwwwwww". I have about 1500 Hypers that are, as these were, bound to a single character, on my main character. My main is at 100, and the fact that you can ONLY use upto 5 in a 24 hour period or so, makes it so that I would have to spend about 300 days using them to get rid of them all.

5 hypers, and a week of 2x. Let's look at this without implimenting what I already have.

Okay, unless you have nothing else to do, which there are few people who do, the 2x would translate into, if you worked a 40 hour week, 168 hours of 2x that you could utilize. Now let's subtract out about 9 hours for sleep during the 7 days (63 hours), another 3 hours for meals during the 7 days (21 hours), and 2 hours for commute during a 5 day period (10 hours). That's 94 hours off, leaving 34 hours that you could indeed utilize for the 2 x, or roughly 4 hours a day.

4 hours a day of 2x for 1 week, and 5 hypers, which is 12x the exp from mobs only.

Hmm... starting to see my point yet? No? Let me break it down a little further.

500 nation wars tokens, 5 percent Exp is exactly what I particularly lost. I also suffered loss of 3 days of check in. Now, I can look past the 3 days of check in. That's no big deal. On top of that 1 toon that I was working on leveling utilizing the new quest systems, had gained 10 levels on ONE of those days that was erased.

So let's hammer out what the 500 nation wars tokens would've netted me, since it was going towards me getting my R9rr gear, and last 100k rep I needed.

500 x 40000 coins profit per token. Raptures sell for about 50k each at the lowest, and take the 10k per rapture as cost and you get 40k as profit. Multiply them together and there's 20 mil...

okay So far we've got 20 mil in coins I lost.
    5 percent exp... well, if you know how long it takes a lv 100 to level you know what that's worth.
    and to top it off, the low toon's leveling.

20 mil, 5 percent, low toon's 10 levels.

You're telling me that I no longer have the right to express my feelings because they have given EVERYONE a week of 2x, and 5 hypers.

Like I said. Diahrea covered toilet paper.... except the toilet paper would be worth more only because I could throw it at someone and laugh.

So, what's your reasoning behind me not being allowed to express myself?
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Did I forget to mention the hours spent opening chip packs to make all those GST's oh but 5 hypers, I may faint. b:spit
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Its been 2 days? Well guess what, it took me 3 years to get that F'ing R9 ring and since I worked my @ ss off and did not charge gold I was told to take a long walk off a short pier. I received response to my ticket and was told too bad so sad and the ticket was marked as resolved. So 2 days, 2 weeks? Guess what I have reason to rage. Bust my butt trying to get to 104 and in a couple hours I lose 93 million exp. They tell me sorry. We are completely incompetent and have no intention of helping you. So yeah if you aren't here guess what, just watch and be quiet. Stay out of it until you walk a mile in our shoes. And even though you are totally insensitive I still hope it doesn't happen to you.

As much of a reason you may have to rage, I'm not telling you that you can't. You've proven amply that you can rage. What I am saying is, that rage is not going to get you anywhere or anything. You'll just end up miserable and making others miserable. Granted, I've been in this exact same position before, where I felt extremely wronged and people that told me to calm down and think rationally seemed extremely condescending. But I'll still say it, because the more you scream at the people behind the counter, the less time and focus they'll have to devote to fixing your problem.
    Not at all, on all counts.

5 hypers are worthless. That was the comparison I was making. Getting handed a code for 5 hypers honestly made me say "Ewwwwwww". I have about 1500 Hypers that are, as these were, bound to a single character, on my main character. My main is at 100, and the fact that you can ONLY use upto 5 in a 24 hour period or so, makes it so that I would have to spend about 300 days using them to get rid of them all.

- cut for brevity -

You're telling me that I no longer have the right to express my feelings because they have given EVERYONE a week of 2x, and 5 hypers.

Like I said. Diahrea covered toilet paper.... except the toilet paper would be worth more only because I could throw it at someone and laugh.

So, what's your reasoning behind me not being allowed to express myself?

Like I said, I wouldn't call 5 hypers worthless. Diarrhea-soaked toilet paper, on the other hand, is infested with all sorts of nasty germs and bacteria that is liable to give you a severe illness that might land you in the hospital. Did these 5 hypers somehow disable your entire account? If not, perhaps it might be more accurate to compare them to a free wallet, made in China from 12 cents' worth of plastic and metal. Not worthless, but nothing I can't already get on my own.

Nowhere have I said that you can't express your feelings. On the contrary; shout all you want. I'll just repeat it again for your benefit, since you seem to be incapable of comprehending what other people are telling you when you don't like what they're saying and can't see past your own hurt feelings: Screaming, shouting, accusing everyone in charge of incompetence and apathy, and generally being a self-centered jerk is going to get you nowhere.

Normal people don't enjoy being yelled at, even if they deserve it. As far as I can tell, the people employed by PWE are just that, people. Did they **** up? Yes. Do they deserve this outrage? Yes.

But do you think yelling at them about all the problems they've caused you is going to make them more efficient? I don't think it'd work on me or you, so why do you seem to assume any different for them?
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    -cut to the basic point of the post-
    But do you think yelling at them about all the problems they've caused you is going to make them more efficient? I don't think it'd work on me or you, so why do you seem to assume any different for them?

Works for the US Military, and while I was in it, It sure as hell worked on me. Why? Because when you're in Iraq and Afganhistan, with people shooting at you, you either load your weapon and point it right, or you end up getting shot.

Like Dr. House, I call them like I see them. If a person screws up, I call them a moron and tell them they screwed up.

If you don't like the way I put things, gather your things and leave the thread, because My Internet Browser is going to keep on this thread until things are resolved.

Oh, btw, I do like the analogy of the chinese wallet better. I tried telling my wife the Diahrea soaked toilet paper analogy, and she told me I was gross. b:chuckle
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Works for the US Military, and while I was in it, It sure as hell worked on me. Why? Because when you're in Iraq and Afganhistan, with people shooting at you, you either load your weapon and point it right, or you end up getting shot.

Like Dr. House, I call them like I see them. If a person screws up, I call them a moron and tell them they screwed up.

If you don't like the way I put things, gather your things and leave the thread, because My Internet Browser is going to keep on this thread until things are resolved.

Oh, btw, I do like the analogy of the chinese wallet better. I tried telling my wife the Diahrea soaked toilet paper analogy, and she told me I was gross. b:chuckle

Unfortunately for you, this isn't the military, and nor is this Iraq or Afghanistan. Also, this is not House M.D-Land, and even if it were, everyone in that show has some awfully dysfunctional relationships and lives. Relentlessly insulting people that are trying to do their jobs right after making a mistake isn't going to work in a society where negative reinforcement is not commonly used as a form of motivation.

If your methods aren't working, I'd say it's time to change tactics, because beating your head against a brick wall isn't going to hurt anyone except yourself.

Thanks, though mainly I just wanted to get you to stop spelling "Diarrhea" wrong. Maybe in future, "dire rear" would be easier to work into a sentence.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Unfortunately for you, this isn't the military, and nor is this Iraq or Afghanistan. Also, this is not House M.D-Land, and even if it were, everyone in that show has some awfully dysfunctional relationships and lives. Relentlessly insulting people that are trying to do their jobs right after making a mistake isn't going to work in a society where negative reinforcement is not commonly used as a form of motivation.

If your methods aren't working, I'd say it's time to change tactics, because beating your head against a brick wall isn't going to hurt anyone except yourself.

Thanks, though mainly I just wanted to get you to stop spelling "Diarrhea" wrong. Maybe in future, "dire rear" would be easier to work into a sentence.

I actually didn't really start projecting my rage until you said something.

Frankly, I've been spending my time getting ready for my new job, with what little time I can on Spore instead.

As for the time off. I can't face my faction at the moment. We had over 20 people quit the game over this, and even more quit the faction because "We wouldn't give them back what they lost." I mean, I had lv 70s and 80s pming me yesterday, asking me for free gear, or free coin because the roll back stole it from them.

It didn't enrage me.

It broke my heart that I couldn't save them all.

No, we're not in the land of House M.D., or in the military.

But that's part of my condition, when I see someone **** up bad, and I mean bad enough to make the customers say WTF, I wonder why someone isn't getting talked to. If it were the Military in those situations, they'd be punished, forced into extra duty shifts, P.T.ed, or docked pay... in the worst case, discharged.

There's a reason I asked for that title under my name. I don't see things, nor can I see things the way that most people do.
  • craigmiko
    craigmiko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    lmao! just gtfo and go to your own server. WE in archo are praying/hoping this wont happen to YOUR server in the future. EVERYONE has the right to rage, just let time pass. in the meantime though, quit trying to calm people down coz IT WONT HAPPEN, really.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    craigmiko wrote: »
    lmao! just gtfo and go to your own server. WE in archo are praying/hoping this wont happen to YOUR server in the future. EVERYONE has the right to rage, just let time pass. in the meantime though, quit trying to calm people down coz IT WONT HAPPEN, really.

Brooklyn Rage?
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    5 Hyper EXP stones.
    You are joking me right?
    Your incompetence loses me over 200 MILLION and you give me 250k worth of HYPERS?
    WTB>Drugs test for PWE employees.
    WTB>The crack the PWE employees are smoking, evidently it's the good stuff.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It could have been more than four days.. It should have been less.

At least give us the attendance back..

Five hypers IS better than nothing..but not by much b:surrender
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It could have been more than four days.. It should have been less.

At least give us the attendance back..

Five hypers IS better than nothing..but not by much b:surrender

It's salt in our wounds. It's worse than nothing. As if something so pathetic is going to make us happy. It's showing us what pwi thinks of the time we spent on the game. 4 days worth 25c. GTFO.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I actually didn't really start projecting my rage until you said something.

Frankly, I've been spending my time getting ready for my new job, with what little time I can on Spore instead.

As for the time off. I can't face my faction at the moment. We had over 20 people quit the game over this, and even more quit the faction because "We wouldn't give them back what they lost." I mean, I had lv 70s and 80s pming me yesterday, asking me for free gear, or free coin because the roll back stole it from them.

It didn't enrage me.

It broke my heart that I couldn't save them all.

No, we're not in the land of House M.D., or in the military.

But that's part of my condition, when I see someone **** up bad, and I mean bad enough to make the customers say WTF, I wonder why someone isn't getting talked to. If it were the Military in those situations, they'd be punished, forced into extra duty shifts, P.T.ed, or docked pay... in the worst case, discharged.

There's a reason I asked for that title under my name. I don't see things, nor can I see things the way that most people do.

Call me naive, or insensitive, but I did not consider your condition in the things I said earlier, I'm not going to start taking it into consideration now, and I don't think the people that have had to be the outlet for your rage will too.

Honestly? Those guild members that left because you wouldn't give them what they lost? I wouldn't miss them. Whether they were 7x, 8x, or 10x with full 3rd cast R9 +12, anyone that cannot seem to distinguish between the different levels of authority in any organisation is not welcome in my book. If anything else, just appreciate the people that aren't complete idiots that are still in your guild.

That said, I don't think you or anyone else should assume nobody is doing anything about this. Having been in a customer service job myself, my personal experience tells me there's a lot going on behind the scenes in a company that no customer will ever see. I don't think PWE is any different, or we'd see the results of this, at least.

Edit: And why does everybody seem to assume these 5 hypers and 2x is all you're going to get? It's been 2 days, do you really think that's enough time to verify that hundreds, if not thousands of people are telling the truth in their claims? Or are you simply assuming you're the only one with problems and **** everybody else? Is it really so difficult to believe further compensation is completely impossible, to the point where you have to mock every bit of compensation they give you right now, and demand more and more?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Edit: And why does everybody seem to assume these 5 hypers and 2x is all you're going to get? It's been 2 days, do you really think that's enough time to verify that hundreds, if not thousands of people are telling the truth in their claims? Or are you simply assuming you're the only one with problems and **** everybody else? Is it really so difficult to believe further compensation is completely impossible, to the point where you have to mock every bit of compensation they give you right now, and demand more and more?

Like I stated a few pages back, this just shows how entitled people think they are.
    PWI doesn't have to give anyone anything at all besides zen they have charged in those days and zen that was lost and was bought.

The only thing people do is bark and rage and claiming they lost item x. But fail to understand that recovering EVERY SINGLE THING MANUALLY would be a task that takes weeks to do, and they are expecting to get things done within 2 days.
    If they are discussing on what to do and how to handle it, then let them come up with a plan to actually do it. If there are logs about all activity, they'd have to filter out everything where people got, bought and sold items.
    That's not 2 days of works there.

I said it and i'll say it again, it just shows how entitled people think they are.

They are working on things, give them time. All this rage on the forums won't do anyone any good. Besides the fact that this is a video game.

I would like to see any of these people who are raging manage a similair situation where hundreds of toons lose their stuff and then get spammed by tickets over losing item x, having to verify it without any evidence and get expected to do it within 24 hours.

*facedesk*
    craigmiko wrote: »

Due to the instability lately ever since the maintenance of last week, I tend to only do BH and not farm much because I am expacting it to happen sooner or later. Dreamweaver had similair **** going on but didn't need a rollback... yet.
    Expectations...
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Call me naive, or insensitive, but I did not consider your condition in the things I said earlier, I'm not going to start taking it into consideration now, and I don't think the people that have had to be the outlet for your rage will too.

Honestly? Those guild members that left because you wouldn't give them what they lost? I wouldn't miss them. Whether they were 7x, 8x, or 10x with full 3rd cast R9 +12, anyone that cannot seem to distinguish between the different levels of authority in any organisation is not welcome in my book. If anything else, just appreciate the people that aren't complete idiots that are still in your guild.

That said, I don't think you or anyone else should assume nobody is doing anything about this. Having been in a customer service job myself, my personal experience tells me there's a lot going on behind the scenes in a company that no customer will ever see. I don't think PWE is any different, or we'd see the results of this, at least.

But Again, My rage really isn't over the loss. I've pointed out how I would see it if it was...

My rage is over them not keeping their word.

They said we would have an update in the morning of... well it's friday now, so thursday...

We didn't get an update of what was going on. Instead, Everyone got hypers 7 hours and 2 minutes later than the latest time expected of noon.

As for Entitlement, Thank you posters from Dreamweaver, I don't think I'M ENTITLED TO ANYTHING.

I would however think that most people would be ENTITLED to that Update that they said they were going to give us.... or is the word of a GM worthless now?

No, all of this goes within their track record in my eyes. I would've hoped that after 6 months they would've improved their track record, but I guess that's my mistake for hoping for that much.

Oh and I would like to point out that all the two of you are doing is inciting more rage. So please, I'm asking nicely now, step off the thread and let the Archy's vent their rage into the voids of the internet, so that we may all live in peace.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Like I stated a few pages back, this just shows how entitled people think they are.
    PWI doesn't have to give anyone anything at all besides zen they have charged in those days and zen that was lost and was bought.

The only thing people do is bark and rage and claiming they lost item x. But fail to understand that recovering EVERY SINGLE THING MANUALLY would be a task that takes weeks to do, and they are expecting to get things done within 2 days.
    If they are discussing on what to do and how to handle it, then let them come up with a plan to actually do it. If there are logs about all activity, they'd have to filter out everything where people got, bought and sold items.
    That's not 2 days of works there.

I said it and i'll say it again, it just shows how entitled people think they are.

They are working on things, give them time. All this rage on the forums won't do anyone any good. Besides the fact that this is a video game.

I would like to see any of these people who are raging manage a similair situation where hundreds of toons lose their stuff and then get spammed by tickets over losing item x, having to verify it without any evidence and get expected to do it within 24 hours.

*facedesk*

Due to the instability lately ever since the maintenance of last week, I tend to only do BH and not farm much because I am expacting it to happen sooner or later. Dreamweaver had similair **** going on but didn't need a rollback... yet.
    Expectations...

You say stuff like " I did not take in cosideration this that" blah blah blah, first is it your server effected ? NO ? then did you lose your sht no ? Did we ask or beg for you to do some consideration no ? Then why on earth are you using that thing called brains, even the moderators and GM's are not closing this thread, or deleting the rage, then who on freaking earth are you ? i mean seriously being practical is all right if your an outsider, but the people suffering will and will for sure know how it feels... Anyways, go play your game, and stop trying to be the prophet of pwi xD
    edited November 2013
    Options
    But Again, My rage really isn't over the loss. I've pointed out how I would see it if it was...

My rage is over them not keeping their word.

They said we would have an update in the morning of... well it's friday now, so thursday...

We didn't get an update of what was going on. Instead, Everyone got hypers 7 hours and 2 minutes later than the latest time expected of noon.

As for Entitlement, Thank you posters from Dreamweaver, I don't think I'M ENTITLED TO ANYTHING.

I would however think that most people would be ENTITLED to that Update that they said they were going to give us.... or is the word of a GM worthless now?

No, all of this goes within their track record in my eyes. I would've hoped that after 6 months they would've improved their track record, but I guess that's my mistake for hoping for that much.
    1. Don't generalize yourself as being all of archosaur, if it wasn't clear I was talking about people expecting (FEELING ENTITLED) to get their stuff back within 2 days, which is impossible.

2. Don't generalize me as "posters of Dreamweaver" as if i'm the king of Dreamweaver and my word counts for the entire Server, there are people on the server that feel sorry for you guys, as do I, but I understand the concept of how hard it would be / is to manage a situation like this, you can't just simply start sending out stuff to people who claim to have lost something, everyone would know that it would get abused if they did so.

3. They gave the update on thursday, just not in the morning. Maybe they had a meeting and wanted to post something AFTER it, we don't know. Besides the fact of knowing that they never posted anything on time anyway it shouldn't surprise anyone, it should be more surprising if they actually did post something on time.

4. They are still working on the situation, your rage nor anyone else won't help anything in any kind of way.
    Soon™
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    1. Don't generalize yourself as being all of archosaur, if it wasn't clear I was talking about people expecting (FEELING ENTITLED) to get their stuff back within 2 days, which is impossible.

2. Don't generalize me as "posters of Dreamweaver" as if i'm the king of Dreamweaver and my word counts for the entire Server, there are people on the server that feel sorry for you guys, as do I, but I understand the concept of how hard it would be / is to manage a situation like this, you can't just simply start sending out stuff to people who claim to have lost something, everyone would know that it would get abused if they did so.

3. They gave the update on thursday, just not in the morning. Maybe they had a meeting and wanted to post something AFTER it, we don't know. Besides the fact of knowing that they never posted anything on time anyway it shouldn't surprise anyone, it should be more surprising if they actually did post something on time.

4. They are still working on the situation, your rage nor anyone else won't help anything in any kind of way.

are you the F'k trying to justify that rather than saying simple things like "we are still working on getting your stuff back, but will take a bit more time", they just simply throw us 5 hypers as compensation ?

I just hope you are not the representative of dreamweaver, cause if you were, i cud understand the sate of your server, and ofcourse we would generalize, don't remember you personally, and all statement you make are sort of on the "general" issue the whole of archo is facing...
    edited November 2013
    Options
    are you the F'k trying to justify that rather than saying simple things like "we are still working on getting your stuff back, but will take a bit more time", they just simply throw us 5 hypers as compensation ?

I just hope you are not the representative of dreamweaver, cause if you were, i cud understand the sate of your server, and ofcourse we would generalize, don't remember you personally, and all statement you make are sort of on the "general" issue the whole of archo is facing...

"As part of our on-going compensation efforts" Do you even know what that means?
    No I don't represent Dreamweaver and i'm happy I don't, go to our subforum if you want to know what the server really is like b:chuckle

Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing sometimes.

I never said the 5 hypers and 2x is any compensation at all, because it's not.
    I do agree that they should give back the items and coins (at least) that were lost, but it simply won't happen in a few days worth of time because it's simply impossible to do so.
    Besides that GM's are also stuck on what their higher ups decide, and higher ups can be a **** about these kind of things.
    Soon™
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    "As part of our on-going compensation efforts" Do you even know what that means?
    No I don't represent Dreamweaver and i'm happy I don't, go to our subforum if you want to know what the server really is like b:chuckle

Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing sometimes.

I never said the 5 hypers and 2x is any compensation at all, because it's not.
    I do agree that they should give back the items and coins (at least) that were lost, but it simply won't happen in a few days worth of time because it's simply impossible to do so.
    Besides that GM's are also stuck on what their higher ups decide, and higher ups can be a **** about these kind of things.

what effort does it take to give things which are worthless?

Now to the point why people are mad, specially in my case, well fine, roll back happened, server issue good, thanks for saving our server, but why is the roll back not a complete and proper roll back ?

they took my items which i bought, and never returned the money i used, they took back the money i got selling stuff, but never returned those high priced books..... why didn't my charm usage got roll back to 9th ? why was it still the same as before i logged off ? All i ask is give me back w.e i had... and not what i had bought or sold during these few days...
    edited November 2013
    Options
    what effort does it take to give things which are worthless?

Now to the point why people are mad, specially in my case, well fine, roll back happened, server issue good, thanks for saving our server, but why is the roll back not a complete and proper roll back ?

they took my items which i bought, and never returned the money i used, they took back the money i got selling stuff, but never returned those high priced books..... why didn't my charm usage got roll back to 9th ? why was it still the same as before i logged off ? All i ask is give me back w.e i had... and not what i had bought or sold during these few days...

That's the entire thing a rollback does, it sets things back to the way it was on that date and time.
    The only things that -should- be lost are the items obtained between day of maintenance and day/time the server was set back to, all things before the 9th of november should still be there.
    The zen was giving back from what they said...

The issue with handing items back, worthless or not, is that people can claim they owned whatever item they want.
    I do hope they have the logs still available to verify what items people had and had not obtained to check it with the items they claim to have had.

If they even lost those logs, then it's a whole different situation where they really screwed up even more than just rolling back because then they can't verify a single thing that was lost... Meaning people could send in tickets saying they "had a scroll of tome" or "had a crown of madness refined to +12 sharded with JoSD". Extreme examples yes, but you can count on that to happen b:chuckle
    Do mind, i'm not saying everyone puts up BS claims on items they might have owned, i'm only saying that it will happen.

What i'm curious about is how a "simple" restart of a server could result in such a messed up situation...
    Soon™
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    To be honest guys, I am not surprised about a code as some kind of compensation, somehow I knew it would be that, but 5 hypers??? X_x.
    I did not lose billions of coins like some others player or rare flayers or end game weapon, but I did lose time.

That weekend I did some Warsong runs with random people, one of those went really bad, a run that should take like an hour or two in worst case toke like 3 hours, people quit boss after boss, at the end one of the guys began to insult the whole squad, and finished killing 4 of us just for fun. But at least I had my badges.

oh wait I dont have them they got rolled back

I usually enjoy warsong, but that day I DID NOT ENJOY IT, now I Don t even have the badges from that day.

Celestial Tigers: mmm a sage / demon card, some insignias, one of those vendor things that last one week and some other useless items, not big deal but still that event gold could help me farm better (Free Charms)
    Nation wars token: Again, I did not lose too much tokens, only like 140 or 150 but those are useful (in game coin or items you can craft)

Daily Quests: EXP, attendance things, Morai Prestige and Influence, Base Contribution, coin

EXP: One of my Alts down-level lol.
    My main is 101 and well some days means millions of exp on that toon.

My thoughts about this:

What can I do with bounded Hypers? (if they are bounded)
    NPC them. As I said before, my main is 101 and I dont do power level, only did a lot of fc at 88+ then stopped at 95, then re do it at 97. And even if I do FC how much can some hypers do to a 101?

Will I and most of the players get our Items back?
    Mmmm, nop I doubt it. Is not even realistic, just as someone stated before, I could say I had a Ultra Rare Item, and they can just say: well to bad, you dont have proof and we are not forced and blablabla

Is it fair to give 5 hypers as compensation?
    For me is more like an insult

What do I think it would show that they have a bit of concern about this?

As I said before, I doubt they return every single thing lost on this roll back, but if they have a little bit of common sense, they could ask themselves: What events take place those days? and give some
    rewards based on that like:

- NW Tokens
    - Celestial packs (not the best ones, but at least the ones that you get for 2k contribution)
    - items that give order contribution and influence
    - the so stated attendance items
    - Items that give some exp (and no, no hypers) for low level players that lost a lot of levels.
    - Event gold

I know that a lot of people will say is not enough and I agree with them, but at least for me rewards like those are a lot more useful than 5 hypers that will end up on some npc because probably I cant even pass them through account stash.

• Ruechen - Archosaur
    Ruechen - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    rieihdius wrote: »

As I said before, I doubt they return every single thing lost on this roll back, but if they have a little bit of common sense, they could ask themselves: What events take place those days? and give some
    rewards based on that like:

- NW Tokens
    - Celestial packs (not the best ones, but at least the ones that you get for 2k contribution)
    - items that give order contribution and influence
    - the so stated attendance items
    - Items that give some exp (and no, no hypers) for low level players that lost a lot of levels.
    - Event gold

I know that a lot of people will say is not enough and I agree with them, but at least for me rewards like those are a lot more useful than 5 hypers that will end up on some npc because probably I cant even pass them through account stash.

Demon/Sage Event Card
    Redeemable for 50 Event Points from the PW Boutique Agent 50000
    11/09/2013
    I really want that back i lost a lot but as DQ rewards closes soon and i won't be able to farm a new one thats the main on my list at the moment i got my gold back but still magnitude of items and coins that people as well as myself lost is beyond the joke so i totally agree with you here and although i have lower toons,5 hypers which have a value of around 800k total does not equate anywhere close to the deficit in coin or exp i am down after the rollback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yeѕ, ι нαve тwo мodeѕ..ι ғeαr ɴoтнιɴɢ υɴleѕѕ ι'м ѕтυcĸ вeнιɴd α вαrв wιтн eхceѕѕιve ɢαѕ
  • Livetopaddle - Archosaur
    Livetopaddle - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    1st please where do i redeem

2nd do u realize that ur code looks like it says

shtyjoke . . . . ijs
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm pretty sure everyone unanimously agrees that 5 hypers and a week of doubles is <insert metaphor for worthlessness here> compensation for the roll back. I wonder why people feel the need to repeat the same things over and over and emphasize exactly how much they lost, as if their losses were the most important of all.

(inb4 it turns out there was someone who lost a Crown of Madness but didn't feel the need to rage about it here b:thanksb:laughb:shutup)

I'm not going to say you'll get everything you claim you lost back, but I'm pretty sure this is hardly going to be the end of the compensation, so why act like it is? QQ aside, I'll join the crowd of sane, rational people asking what ultimately resulted in a roll back. b:bye
  • drake0181
    drake0181 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you make this game more than 4 years .... why are you so stupid to make this game back to 4 days ago, why not you just reset the game server. you can only pursue profits alone but your service is so bad .... congratulations for GM PWI, this event will make more people think that playing PWI was not safe. GM can do as they wish.
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I lost 10% exp but I'm ok with that, It's just my karma for having Ancestor's Blessing f:laugh

Thought it was my civic duty to add to the QQ f:meh

My sympathies to everyone who was majorly effected though, especially factions.
    it should be because it is.
  • dyingdeadman1
    dyingdeadman1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    where do you redeem the code? nice that you throw a crappy 5 hyper out, obtainable by code then don't even bother telling anyone where to redeem the code at.