New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Now that you mention it, aren't psys the only class without a resistance debuff?

Yes

Except Demon Sandburst, and that skill is ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited October 2013

That's P2P version, we do not get updates from that version.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Also, the Chinese version has their own version of R9 3rd cast, different look and stats and farmable in NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    Well that's interesting.

I make a new character on their new servers and I end up in the new map.

Requires a character level 29 with 29 culti or higher beforehand.
    Luckily I did that for the first instant 80 promotion.

I think that's new staring area for new characters. I just created two new characters and both times I started on that new map. My highest character level is lvl 5 so it's not restricted in any way. b:victory
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hmm...interesting, new area for new chars....
    still, kind of missing that feeling of every class starting in their own town...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I feel as if the new skill updates were balanced around the higher defense values of chinese R9, plus their lack of Jones blessings.

While the massive skill mods may not be OP in china, once the update reaches US every wizard will be able to charm bypass at will, and one-shot anyone not +12 with a crit on a skill that also gives them 45 chi...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here we go again, you guys love making Demon Barbs useless huh? Lets just keep buffing sage and make demon useless!

3second > 2min cooldown on BKI, which is supposed to be a buff to give everyone chi as a demon. Great job, you guys certainly know how to balance this game!

No wonder your game's going nowhere, look at your upgrades for every class. Already started buying sage books cause they're OP as *enter naughty word here*.

*back to private server* where things are... more balanced than the original game!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hope they would tweak the skills for our version but...ehh >.> doubt.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    3second > 2min cooldown on BKI, which is supposed to be a buff to give everyone chi as a demon. Great job, you guys certainly know how to balance this game!
    Latest translations.
    Yeah, it was a translation error on my part. I put two and two together, without realising the names were fairly different from each other. Anyway, BKI is safe, you demons can chi-spam til the cows go home.
    Easy there m8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    More small skill tweeks this week. Fun fun.

Here's the current full list of all untranslated new class skills:
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hgy9wvyg
    These are the ones that we have confirmed you learn from books after reincarnation.

Here's the diff on this list from the last time I made a similar list two weeks ago (so these are 2 weeks of changes):
    http://www.diffchecker.com/aic502ng

Here's the diff on the FULL skill file from last week: this is so big though it gives my browser problems
    http://www.diffchecker.com/wdrkq74n

It does have those weird bottom-skills though if you're interested in it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some immediate differences:

Sage Glacial Snare/Emberstorm fusion- Effect changed to increase stun time to 4 seconds.
    Demon Ironwood Scarab/Blazing Scarab fusion- Effect changed to 180% pdef break.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2013
    I made video of that new map, that appears to be starting area for low levels, if someone wants to see.
    edited October 2013
    I made video of that new map, that appears to be starting area for low levels, if someone wants to see.

That's awesome, thank you so much!

Anyone know if you get the new armor like the weapons, at lvl 1 after rebirth?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's awesome, thank you so much!

Anyone know if you get the new armor like the weapons, at lvl 1 after rebirth?

I would guess its from quests he didnt do :). I am quite interested where the badge to give him skills went though, they taking morai order badges away?

Edit: Lot of new interfaces, things to try, I am kinda excited bout this expansion <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013

Ahh, I guess those weird skills in the 'other' section were temporary noob skills. Now it makes sense why they didn't need chi.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited October 2013
    I would guess its from quests he didnt do :). I am quite interested where the badge to give him skills went though, they taking morai order badges away?

Edit: Lot of new interfaces, things to try, I am kinda excited bout this expansion <.<.

Well, the new armor and weapons are for rebirthed characters, his was a lvl 1 regular toon, so he shouldn't get them regardless, I'd assume.
    It seems really odd to me they are giving temporary skills and changing the starting area like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Thanks for this.
    Sums up what I was going to do with a picture gallery.

I noticed earlier that this is basically a newbie map.
    At first I thought it was a special spawn point for instant 80 but after making a level 1 char on another server, I realized what this is...

Strangely, level 80 chars don't get the temporary nub skills.

I noticed you don't have the temporary nub gear either, did you miss it somehow?
    It came from this item.

The item responsible for the nub skills is this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    only 2 reincarnations r available for the coming update, however the system has a cap of 10.(for the future )

転生回数は2回まで。10回ではありません。10回はプログラム上のキャップです(例:レベル?=レベル150と同様)

- Incarnation number up to two times . Not 10 times . 10 times is a cap on the program (for example, same level = level 150 ?)

source: http://rustrust.blog.fc2.com/

That should be "For example, it's like level ? = level 150" (never trust machine translation)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All good but...AUTO-BOT!?

Great now were gonna have AFK farmers everywhere. I've had this in past games....it KILLS them!
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All good but...AUTO-BOT!?

Great now were gonna have AFK farmers everywhere. I've had this in past games....it KILLS them!

how will it kill our game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for this.
    Sums up what I was going to do with a picture gallery.

I noticed earlier that this is basically a newbie map.
    At first I thought it was a special spawn point for instant 80 but after making a level 1 char on another server, I realized what this is...

Strangely, level 80 chars don't get the temporary nub skills.

I noticed you don't have the temporary nub gear either, did you miss it somehow?
    It came from this item.

The item responsible for the nub skills is this.

Bubbles, so what you are saying is that all characters lvl1, rebirth toons or not, will get free armor and weapon sets?
    That's a bit disappointing, I thought that the new gear would be for rebirth toons only.
    What about the old race spawn points? What's the point of those now, are they being re-worked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Bubbles, so what you are saying is that all characters lvl1, rebirth toons or not, will get free armor and weapon sets?
    That's a bit disappointing, I thought that the new gear would be for rebirth toons only.
    What about the old race spawn points? What's the point of those now, are they being re-worked?

Dunno about the old spots.

The nub gear and skills expires when you leave the map.

The gear I have for my level 80 is different from these and thus don't expire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Some fun changes and some strange changes.
    The october expansion is normally the big expansion of the year right?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Some fun changes and some strange changes.
    The october expansion is normally the big expansion of the year right?

There's one expansion per year, with a few smaller content updates to supplement it.

The expansions usually happen in the latter half of the year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    More small skill tweeks this week. Fun fun.

Here's the current full list of all untranslated new class skills:
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=hgy9wvyg
    These are the ones that we have confirmed you learn from books after reincarnation.

Here's the diff on this list from the last time I made a similar list two weeks ago (so these are 2 weeks of changes):
    http://www.diffchecker.com/aic502ng

Here's the diff on the FULL skill file from last week: this is so big though it gives my browser problems
    http://www.diffchecker.com/wdrkq74n

It does have those weird bottom-skills though if you're interested in it.

Still in the middle of looking through it:
    Archer's new "Frost Scattering" SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful. Uses 750% weapon damage instead of the pathetic 50%, also looks like that "130%" effect is an actual amp and not just bonus damage.
    EDIT: The Demon version will be getting an extra 100% on top of the 750%. ....ouch?
    Vicious Arrow gets a bit juiced up as well: Deals Base physical plus 5266 physical damage, plus 600% wood damage over 9 seconds.

Barbs: Yeah, that 2 minute BKI fiasco? Definitely not happening from what I can see, you can stop screeching now. My bad, get over it.

I'll keep looking to see if anything major has happened.
    EDIT: Yeah, nothing major. Mostly tweaks for the Archer, Veno, and Wizard skills, with archers not getting as badly screwed over before.
  • PooEA - Lost City
    PooEA - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm curious, if you switch cultivation after learning one of the merged skills, do they drop all the way down to level 10 upon switch?

Logically I think you'll lose them but just want to be sure.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Still in the middle of looking through it:
    Archer's new "Frost Scattering" SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful. Uses 750% weapon damage instead of the pathetic 50%, also looks like that "130%" effect is an actual amp and not just bonus damage.
    EDIT: The Demon version will be getting an extra 100% on top of the 750%. ....ouch?
    Vicious Arrow gets a bit juiced up as well: Deals Base physical plus 5266 physical damage, plus 600% wood damage over 9 seconds.

Barbs: Yeah, that 2 minute BKI fiasco? Definitely not happening from what I can see, you can stop screeching now. My bad, get over it.

I'll keep looking to see if anything major has happened.
    EDIT: Yeah, nothing major. Mostly tweaks for the Archer, Veno, and Wizard skills, with archers not getting as badly screwed over before.

Actually I think that last time it said that the archer skill was doing "50% base damage per wave" for five waves and the new one just says "+750% weapon attack total over 5 waves". In that case the damage wasn't really changed all that much but it is more clear now what it does. I'm still not sure if it will be used before barrage (same chi cost but much longer cooldown). We'll see.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So on this newbie island thing... does it serve a plot purpose? I find it interesting that they copy-pasted Sanctuary in there, especially since there's one quest chain that specifically mentions the gods always wanted the rest of the world to be like Sanctuary. o.o

When you leave the newb island, do you just get warped to your race capital, still at Lv1 but without the newb skills? Or did they change something there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm quite curious about the purpose of the newbie change as well ;o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2013
    So on this newbie island thing... does it serve a plot purpose? I find it interesting that they copy-pasted Sanctuary in there, especially since there's one quest chain that specifically mentions the gods always wanted the rest of the world to be like Sanctuary. o.o

When you leave the newb island, do you just get warped to your race capital, still at Lv1 but without the newb skills? Or did they change something there?

I accidentally left the island on my sin because I didn't realize those pigs with the blue quest warped you out.

I got sent to the tb starting area (not the capital).
    It looked normal as usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.