New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Options

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    "Reincarnation: You will be set back to level 1."

this is blasphemy! this is madness!!
    b:cry

This. Is. Sparta!

Hey, somebody had to say it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This. Is. China!
    Fixed? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Fixed? o.o

Good one xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ****, i was typing half way and the browser crashed, let me do this again. I read chinese and will try to correct/add whatever that i have read from the notes.

That would be fantastic if you can provide proper translations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    "Reincarnation: You will be set back to level 1."

this is blasphemy! this is madness!!
    b:cry
    I wonder if we need to pass all the way to 105 again, or just get to certain lvl, and how and how fast we regain lvl we had before f:ponder
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I wonder if we need to pass all the way to 105 again, or just get to certain lvl, and how and how fast we regain lvl we had before f:ponder
    the first post on the thread was updated to tell us heartbreaking lv1 stuff >.> in the reincarnation section
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Bubbles, may ask ? b:surrender

Did u lose yr fairy with this reincarnation ? Need u re-unlock chrono maps ? What about morai (95+) ?
    What happened with yr bank & invent. Coz with old items (chips..b:cry xD) may easy make each mold.
    What happened with craft-skills, coz level restrictions ..?

And, yes, if it's for 100+, so *new players* need up two times to 100 ? So how we will make similar bh's ?

..i'm sorry but this *reincarnation* sounds ridiculous..
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
    edited October 2013
    Options
    watch all the big shot factions being beat down by the smaller ones cause they reincarnate LOL...
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DarkPawner - Archosaur
    DarkPawner - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Im reading correctly? U can do this reincarnation thingy more than once?

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fw2i.wanmei.com%2Fnews%2Fbulletin%2F20131017%2F71962.shtml

it say: "People get extra attribute points that can be assigned, transferred alive to get the higher level, the more you get reincarnated many times the additional attribute points can accumulate"

So u can keep acumulating "attribute points" that seem to be stat point over and over. We can have rrr9 psy with 100% crit rate after 2 extra 1 to lvl100 runs? Imagine doing TW at weekend and inmediatly after reincarnate and do a full 1-101 during week days in order to get 500 extra stats points each week.

The thing i found really weird is that if we have to learn all the skills agains after each reincarnation, if thats the case i guess people are going to end up ignoring most of the skills they dont use as often or leaving them at lvl1 and choosing get more stats points (with the exceptions of buffs of course).

Now lets consider it take 3 months (minimum time before we get another update) then u can save 90x660k exp orb from BH2 = 59,4m, then if u have +5k prestige on ur order u can get 50 inf at day and trade it for 10x100k exp pills for 1 extra millon exp at day (if u got less than 5k u get just 600k) so u get 90m on 2 different kind of pills u can stack for a total of 149,4m exp, then u are going to be lvl93 on the time it take u click all those pills. If we dont get this update till 6 month multiply for 2 that number, then get this quest http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29432 and hold delivering till u are reincarnated and gz!!!!!!!!!! u has just lvl from 1 to 101 =). Sadly u can open just 20x the 100k pills, if not it would take about half hour clicking them all and recover a 101lvl char.

BTW, WTB Scarlet Fruit b:thanksb:victoryb:thanks
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've been bad. I skipped the middle of this thread. Can someone point me back to where reincarnation is explained? I get the go-back-to-level-1 part. I didn't see the benefit explained.

Sorry for being needy. Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Here:
    Patch notes are up.
    Maintenance for the test server will be at 10/18 8am, or 10/17 8pm EST (4 pm PST).
    It'll last 2 hours as usual.
    New website layout is up, teaser site has been replaced by something else.

Patch Notes:

1. The Reincarnation System

Requirements: 100+, must have sage/demon fairy
    (not sure which fairy it's asking for)

Reincarnation:

You will be set back to level 1.
    You will gain stat points as you level up.
    You will gain 2x the exp.
    There could be different cycles in the reincarnation system kinda like meditation.

There is a snippet there about a historical high level.
    I'm going to take a guess that in order to use some of your gear or pots, it might record what you had before you were reborn so you can use these items.
    There is no mention about skills or other level-dependent features.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    if Reincarnation is mandatory I quit
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Oh lawdy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I don't think you'll get 5 stat points each level after reincarnation. It would be absolutely stupid and would transform PWI in some private server with lvl 500 as max.
    Besides, it's not just the crit we're talking about, it's also damage and defenses. When we're talking about 800-1k magic for a wizard for example, what's 100 points to str to make a HA build actually viable. And with the new shields switch this could get really messy.
    Again, going back to level 1 would not make sense, why would someone do that even if you gain 2x xp? Sure, there are a lot of ways to gain xp, but I'm talking about someone casual like me, it takes me about a month to raise an alt to 100 in FC. That would mean my reincarnated toon will take a month to get to 100 again? then another month to 101? And with all that I need to re-learn all my skills? that does not make sense to me...
    It might be very well like that but I really think we're missing some very important detail somewhere...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i agree with u URSA, it makes no sense going back to lvl1 over and over again, its like a vicious circle with no ending... whats the point? why we worked so much on ours r9 if it gonna be useless..................... i am considerinng to quit if the games goes this way, it is like the game "MU" level just for reseting .
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Yeah there has to be more to this; some kind of limiting factor. All game balance will be gone when one of the credit card cowboys drops to 1 and reaches 100 again in a week. Then everyone will have to do it or be prey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    the first post on the thread was updated to tell us heartbreaking lv1 stuff >.> in the reincarnation section
    Yes, but still it doesn't answer my question. I didn't lvl to lose it so fast and for nothing. Don't know yet how the system will work, maybe after all possible reincarnations it will be given back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think how the reincarnation works is that

1. You will be set back to level 1 with the default attribute scores, but, you will be getting a pool of bonus points which you can either use them or just keep them.

2. The maximum level that you can obtain after reincarnated is lvl 99 according to the notes and there will be a new area only for reincarnated players. I would presume this area will be the place with all those new gear and stuff.

3. Remember that what ever additional attributes points that you can have currently are all from gear, the max amount of attribute points you can get at lvl 105 stays the same at 540. So this reincarnation system will allow to gain additional attribute points. I don't think its going to be full 500 but maybe 10-20% of it.

4. I don't think you will need to re-learn all the skills. As of current system, skills are not based on level but locked at the level in which you can learn it. Thus I think even if you are reincarnated you will be able to use the skills that you have already learn. The second set of skills will need to be learned as you progress. Thats were the new sage/demon skills will apply.

5. Its a choice, if you prefer to just stay put with your beloved rrr9+12, you can choose to do so.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    2 min. CD on barb HP buff? Why? So if I buffed myself, gets purged, I have to wait 2 mins to HP buff again?
    That is.... stupid.

And 30 sec CD no Chi cost ice prison.. What is this? Are wizzies underpowered in PWCN or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think how the reincarnation works is that

1. You will be set back to level 1 with the default attribute scores, but, you will be getting a pool of bonus points which you can either use them or just keep them.

2. The maximum level that you can obtain after reincarnated is lvl 99 according to the notes and there will be a new area only for reincarnated players. I would presume this area will be the place with all those new gear and stuff.

3. Remember that what ever additional attributes points that you can have currently are all from gear, the max amount of attribute points you can get at lvl 105 stays the same at 540. So this reincarnation system will allow to gain additional attribute points. I don't think its going to be full 500 but maybe 10-20% of it.

4. I don't think you will need to re-learn all the skills. As of current system, skills are not based on level but locked at the level in which you can learn it. Thus I think even if you are reincarnated you will be able to use the skills that you have already learn. The second set of skills will need to be learned as you progress. Thats were the new sage/demon skills will apply.

5. Its a choice, if you prefer to just stay put with your beloved rrr9+12, you can choose to do so.

This makes me unsure of how I want to do it then. Maybe I'll keep the r9 on my BM and go far reincarnated barb. Is there a specification for your culti? If so, better get to work now on barbs 100 culti!
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This makes me unsure of how I want to do it then. Maybe I'll keep the r9 on my BM and go far reincarnated barb. Is there a specification for your culti? If so, better get to work now on barbs 100 culti!

u must rencarnate in order to get the new skills... as long as ur race has one.
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    A Chinese friend to whom I showed the video said that the song is about living your dreams through Perfect World.

Nice, thx.
    Based on the animation it feels like someone is recalling back various memories of fun times they had with friends.

I think it's quite sweet :3

I like the video, even if its a bit long, it would be nice if the song is part of the new content soundtrack, some new music would be good.
    edited October 2013
    Options

Im confused. which is it >.> 99 or 105
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i might say something stupid but, couldnt the reincarnation be something different? i mean separated from our true lvl? and we happen to be "reborn" in the new map only?

im not bad at english, but being french and having to read what chrome translated from chinese to english is confusing :P

anyway, we will have more infos soon
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The skills vid was pretty lame. We see a mystic use either Invigorate or Verdant Blessing (probably never gonna bother creating separate animations), rapid growth, then absorb soul.

Whoo hoo b:surrender

Idk why I expected anything cool. Clerics get new stuff, so can we please get the range indicator for vital herb? I don't need it, but it would make those people that insist on straying away from the tour group wander back in range hopefully b:chuckle

At least WBD is getting better. Its pretty good now, but no where near as good as some 100 skills out there. Swinging is still of questionable utility though.

Swirling mist having a 10m aoe now, if I read that correctly, will be pretty sweet. Lysing being insta cast is cool. I hope the animation doesn't look too goofy now because I like the current one.

Personally I would have imagined a revamp of punishing sting or healing herb LONG before the other 3 changes.

The reincarnation system sounds dumb. Gating content behind it is also lame.

The main questions that NEED answering about it are:

1. Do all the quests have their progress reverted? As in, it plops you in the beginner area and ALL the quests need doing again?

2. Will you retain your cultivation? I would imagine so as it would pretty much make the CS culti change item obselete is you could just pick the other one while re-leveling.

3. Which brings us to the BIG question. Will you need to relearn your Sage/Demon/lv100 skills again? If your culti resets, you shouldn't be able to use the lv11 skills anymore, which means I quit. If I have to get all those skillbooks all over again I'm done.

If I get to keep my skills, and use them assuming I eventually get the mp to do so again, then I'll go ahead and do it all again. Even if quests don't reset, dailys and grinding are easy enough these days. They practically start you at lv40 b:shutup

I'm 2.2% to 104, and I don't do FF or use hypers because I'm poor/hate FF so I could probably get back to 103 2 times over at the 2x XP b4 I'd ever see 105 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    u must rencarnate in order to get the new skills... as long as ur race has one.

Yes, but with the effort I put into farming r9, which I had done half of before NW, and with NW now being much less profitable than it was early on, if I can't wear it, the new gear better be farmable and also on par with the r9 for me to want to do it. Though I'd easily sacrifice my attack for more defense.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I hate racing levels in this game since there were glitches in the past and the game only provided a fixed number of daily exp which can be counted for when we'll get there.

Also, if playing assassin, being a class that gains advantage from literally the level number, it's like being in a rush, hope this new reincarnation update leaves the stealth/detection level as it is.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What if when we are reincarnated, we are set to level 1 but can only progress in the new map, while coming back to the regular world restores our levels back to what they were previously? if that's the case, then we cant exactly Frost-level after reincarnating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What if when we are reincarnated, we are set to level 1 but can only progress in the new map, while coming back to the regular world restores our levels back to what they were previously? if that's the case, then we cant exactly Frost-level after reincarnating.

And perhaps the leveling in the new map would have something to do with server wide unlocking of certain areas? Like instances that are too difficult to do at level 40 or something?

That would be cool. I'd get into that.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    And perhaps the leveling in the new map would have something to do with server wide unlocking of certain areas? Like instances that are too difficult to do at level 40 or something?

That would be cool. I'd get into that.

...You might be onto something here.
    We need to go deeper.
This discussion has been closed.