Reviving The Game

Options

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Have a nice day.

You too, and thanks for not responding anymore. As for your premise that things cant move on without fixing the past has been proven wrong again and again by the history of man.

Some things can never be made right again - but the World keeps spinning and people keep growing and changing anyway - along with the things people do.

"History repeats itself", probably came about because of this happening. It is what it is. Good night.
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I feel like the natural course of an aging MMORPG is that the earlier quests become less significant to gameplay. There was a time when reaching 100 was a rare milestone to obtain. But you can probably agree that not only does the game change significantly when you hit 100, it is much, much better.

PWI doesn't make money if people are frustrated at what feels like an eternity to get to 100. In the old days when I first joined, there was no talk in WC of 100+ squads and their instances. But now, it's peppered with exclusively these instances, and people are eager to get there to participate. What does that mean? It means that if a new player takes 6 months to a year to get to 100 (and remember most people have work or school and are only ingame a few hours a day if that), there's a high chance they will give up before they reach that goal. But if PWI can keep them in the game to 100, in order to participate in the popular gameplay, the chance of them spending money to compete is very high.

I commend the attempt of the OP to point out what makes many of the game veterans cringe. We are stuck with thousands of randoms who simply hit 100 and then start to learn how to play their character. And I, too, long for the days when the game was more about quests and leveling. But older MMORPGs will always gain a steeper and steeper learning curve for new players, and the less new players that are frustrated, the more money PWI potentially makes.

It's natural human behavior to yearn for the past and want to bring back the "good ol days." But games transform and evolve based on the player base. So it is what it is.
  • Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

But, I mean, I've leveled alts, other people at one point (years ago), and you can take a lvl 1 toon, squad signet to FC, and 45 minutes later, the toon is lvl 54. Is this really something we want? For new players to be drawn into bypassing half the game's level content in under an hour? That can only hurt game's longevity.

Half the "level" content, okay. Half of the game content, not even close. And that's the point. PWI, the game, is no longer in quests. It's what happens after level 100.

(I do admit that placing a level 95 minimum to start morai is possibly an attempt to help stock up content prior to level 100, but my suspicion is that they are trying to help along the people stuck in the slow leveling 90s to ensure that they don't quit before that.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ....if people are frustrated at what feels like an eternity to get to 100. In the old days when I first joined, there was no talk in WC of 100+ squads and their instances. It means that if a new player takes 6 months to a year to get to 100 (and remember most people have work or school and are only ingame a few hours a day if that), there's a high chance they will give up before they reach that goal.

Not true. Have you tried the newest quests and the updated ones? Plus all the goodies from dreamchaser pack, questmaster, lucidgold, at-level PV etc.

Leveling is almost as fast as FCC (even for the casuals but it won't take more than a month to hit 100 for them, FCC's there after 75+ anyway if this change was made) but since FCC is that little much faster and easier people will prefer FCC and that leaves the open world map empty.

You say PWE will lose money if people quit for not leveling fast (which, again, I say they can level really fast to 70+ nowadays and then do FCC) but PWE will lose even more potential customers who quit the game because the world map is empty. Old players won't stay here forever.

I commend the attempt of the OP to point out what makes many of the game veterans cringe. We are stuck with thousands of randoms who simply hit 100 and then start to learn how to play their character.

It's natural human behavior to yearn for the past and want to bring back the "good ol days.

This thread has nothing to do with people hitting endgame and not knowing how to play. It has also nothing to do with nostalgia.

It's about getting people back to open world map. As a new player, if I joined PWI now and saw it's empty out there I'd probably quit unless I like playing alone.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options

I believe that if you remove access to FCC, the new players will honestly not mind. New players won't care about the time loss vs. FCC if FCC isn't an option. They won't have known FCC. Its just like how the new generation of players doesn't know how incredible the goonz glitch was, and so they don't really mind it (and with PV, fast leveling endgame is quite feasibly if you dedicate some time each day). Those of us old players with many alts shouldn't care either. We've already leveled our alts. We know the game well and know how to level efficiently, or *gasp* we get to rediscover low-level content again. And because the new players WILL be doing those low level quests chains, you won't be by yourself anymore.

Basically, the people most opposed to this are people who want to level their 10343th alt super fast and easy... sure, *they've* done the quests many times. New players don't care though, its all still exciting and new. New players all doing the same quests would repopulate the currently deserted areas. Some new players, I have no doubt, try questing and are turned off by how empty the map is. By removing the choice of FCC, we slow down their levelling just enough to enjoy lower level content before reaching endgame.

As others have pointed out, leveling with quests nowadays is really very fast, a breeze. Its not scary or as boringly slow as it used to be. I fully support disabling access to FCC before 75.

I find this very accurate o.o
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not true. Have you tried the newest quests and the updated ones? Plus all the goodies from dreamchaser pack, questmaster, lucidgold, at-level PV etc.

Leveling is almost as fast as FCC (even for the casuals but it won't take more than a month to hit 100 for them, FCC's there after 75+ anyway if this change was made) but since FCC is that little much faster and easier people will prefer FCC and that leaves the open world map empty.

You say PWE will lose money if people quit for not leveling fast (which, again, I say they can level really fast to 70+ nowadays and then do FCC) but PWE will lose even more potential customers who quit the game because the world map is empty. Old players won't stay here forever.

This thread has nothing to do with people hitting endgame and not knowing how to play. It has also nothing to do with nostalgia.

It's about getting people back to open world map. As a new player, if I joined PWI now and saw it's empty out there I'd probably quit unless I like playing alone.
    Yep, it's about nostalgia.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You too, and thanks for not responding anymore. As for your premise that things cant move on without fixing the past has been proven wrong again and again by the history of man.

Some things can never be made right again - but the World keeps spinning and people keep growing and changing anyway - along with the things people do.

"History repeats itself", probably came about because of this happening. It is what it is. Good night.

The actual saying is "Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat history"

I left this game because I always assumed that in MMORPGs you earn your levels and gear and you paid for the trivial in game bling.

I assumed that you paid for your gear and levels in MOBAs/FPS. and since I have played enough of these style of games to know how quick they become boring as you reach end game so fast, I choose not to play.

Weather they become the future direction does not matter, I would still rather play a game where MMORPG meant what it used too, that you worked for most of your gear in game not bought it.

I may come back one day when this game is a real MMORPG again.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver
    BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That's how it is every time they add content, but nonetheless, that's how to keep a playerbase, not QQing and blowing up the way people level just because one subjectively thinks they can bring back 2008/2009 in 2013/2014. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Who said they wanted to bring back 2008/2009 when it was a grind fest to get anywhere? You must have ASSumed that because I said "revert FC to it's original state".

Not sure why you think that would be "blowing up the way people level" either. Maybe back in 2009-2011 that would have been true but not now.

You know those updates you mentioned, the ones that keep the player base? Well over the years we have had some that vastly shortened the time it takes to progress from level one to seventy five. You might want to stop living in the past and get caught up with the rest of us if FC leveling is the only way you know how.

People are far from finishing the content btw, mainly because of bugs. And I get accused of being absent from the game? b:chuckle

Wow who are these people because they must be slow? Very unlike the usual crowd of speed freaks who always QQ in topics about FC being level locked or reverted so they can't sell it.

In a couple of hours play over two days I got all the titles (except the missing npc/boss ones), finished all the newly added quests (except the ones stuff is still M.I.A. for), and ran the new instance.

Maybe you and the others that haven't finished yet need to get out of FC more so you can get it done b:chuckle
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think it would be a great idea to do away with almost all of the new content of the last 2 years. Do away with hyper stones all together and no FF for anyone lower than 75. The game was MUCH more fun 4 years ago. Was a treat to get to FF and actually have the drops in there to make the FF gear. It was awesome and note worthy for people to hit lvl 90. TT90 gear back then was the ubber gear. It actually took most of the 4 hours allowed to get through an FF back then. There were people all over the starter cities and people actually took the time to help each other to learn the game and the skills. It gets so tiresome to hear all these young punks and immature young adults on here disrespecting people's opinion just because we enjoyed the game much more the way it was in the beginning. I have 65 toons ranging from lvl 1-103 and play the majority of them. I enjoy starting a new one and trying to meet new people. It is really difficult for a lot of people to stay on the game who do not have a ton of real life money, so many people just cash shop and power level their way to 100+ and buy their rep. and gear. So I agree that things need to be done to get the game back to the basics and entice new people. I also hope that someday there is a new game that comes out that if for people that are 40+ years old. I am not sure how they would go about verifying the person's age, but would be nice, as most of the time when a person reaches that age, they have been around the block a few times and know the joy of taking your time and making friends and helping people. I know there are plenty of people that are younger who are capable of all of this as well, but hard to figure out a way to keep that type of people out of the game who just want to rush through it and buy their way to the top. Those people have a right to what they want too, but would be nice to make a separate server for them to go play and have fun with themselves. Thanks and have a great day.
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

Have i said this before? I'm having De Ja Vu here.

:D What an ironic character name you have.

Or, perhaps I'm using it incorrectly.
    Perhaps it refers to a blinding light, impairing those which come in contact.

You must be of the ignores things and let them fester until they go away sort and a firm disbeliever in the saying "it's never too late".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm sorry but is this not the THIRD thread you have started for the SAME TOPIC?

Use the search feature man and stop being redundant. b:chuckle
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ok, I went to sleep for 10 hours, so give me a moment, I'll try to keep it short...
    Hey, I already said I dont claim to be absolutely right.

There is no way in Hades nerfing FC, and letting those players know that Hypers and FC are level restricted for good - said and done, is going to make them go play with Jolly.

You only play with Jolly if you want relatively free coin, if you want to level, there are hundreds of new quests that give exceptional exp and coin, and all the original quests have been completely revamped to give insane amounts of exp and coin.

Once they find that their luck sucks, and all they get from doing a BH is their share of the coin drops repeatedly, they arent going to want to do BHs either.

Why arent you asking they fix the 'bad luck' system that makes no one fall over themselves to do a crappy BH?

It took me a bit of reading to figure out what you were actually saying here.
    If I understand correctly, you're basically saying that it sucks doing BH's because drops end up sucking and no one gets any coin off of it.
    Have you ever done a BH with a full squad at-level?
    From here it sounds like the majority of your experience with the game has been done with some high level holding your hand the whole way.
    You do know that having a high level basically solo the instance for you teaches you nothing, and significantly nerfs the item drop tables right? I'm guessing you don't.

There IS a reason people stay locked in their little cliques or play alone. That reason is not FC.

Who said anything about people stuck in cliques? I never did, and it doesn't have anything to do with this discussion.

Anything practical like advertizing, balancing the game, or fixing the 'bad luck' system does not seem to come to your mind however.
    It's very obvious you haven't read anything I've written properly when you say that.

All you know is nerf Hypers & FC. Okies. If we dont like it, whats left can just 'uninstall', right?

If you don't like it and you have a brain, you find other things to do. Like finding out that the quest system has been simplified to the point of stupidity and that you can hit 75 in a relatively short period of time, with extremely little effort even without FC

f:naughty *thumbs up*

I'll take my leave now. Thanks for the discussion. b:thanks
    Unfortunately, you didn't leave....
    The 'older' players, many of which spend all their time with a close group of friends only, if they actually play at all anymore, or ever really did for that matter - want to kill the game just a little bit it appears to me.

I have no doubt Sylen believes what he is saying, Im just not sure how much current experience he has on the topic.

Given that I've experience this game since beta, that I've played a couple of other sanctioned versions, I've played on a few private servers, and I actually maintain, develop, and manage my own server, I have a pretty good idea about the changes in the code.

I have been playing this game pretty hardcore for 5 years now. I'm one of the first to go out and test/try new content, and I'll take what I learn from that and send bug reports and suggestions directly to the developers. Code that has actually been implemented in some cases.

I have worked as a GM for a few other games and seen their decline. Usually it's through bad business decisions with money, but I've seen more than one fall because it destroyed the player-base. I have more than 10 years of management experience, more than 20 years of IT experience, and I've been playing MMORPG's since they were invented. This particular one has held my focus the longest because of the expanse of what it offers in a F2P title. It help my interest so much, and I studied it in such depth, that until I stopped working on it two years ago, I had the most complete wiki guide available. I've written documents on in-game mechanics, asset management, and leadership.

Tell me, what experience do any of you have?b:question

I came up the long hard way - but my noobs cant do it, and thats a current reality. They dont have other real noobs to play with, and not all of us play games so we can be belittled by drill sargeants while we try to learn to play a class.

The game has only been made easier to play below level 80. If "your noobs" can't do it, something is seriously wrong with their gaming skills.
    b:thanks
    Now, on to something else... (Made it less of a wall and broke it up to be more readable.)
    I think it would be a great idea to do away with almost all of the new content of the last 2 years. Do away with hyper stones all together and no FF for anyone lower than 75. The game was MUCH more fun 4 years ago.

Was a treat to get to FF and actually have the drops in there to make the FF gear. It was awesome and note worthy for people to hit lvl 90. TT90 gear back then was the ubber gear. It actually took most of the 4 hours allowed to get through an FF back then.

Just to re-iterate this again....
    I am not proposing returning the game to "the dark ages". There is plenty of new and wonderful content to enjoy. Many of you are obviously missing it because you're in FC. Yes, I do long for the old days, but it's not because of what the content was back then, it's because of what the community was back then. Personally, I don't think we can fix the current community, but we might be able to improve it by getting new players and keeping them. You won't be keeping them with a desolate landscape.

There were people all over the starter cities and people actually took the time to help each other to learn the game and the skills. It gets so tiresome to hear all these young punks and immature young adults on here disrespecting people's opinion just because we enjoyed the game much more the way it was in the beginning. I have 65 toons ranging from lvl 1-103 and play the majority of them. I enjoy starting a new one and trying to meet new people.

It is really difficult for a lot of people to stay on the game who do not have a ton of real life money, so many people just cash shop and power level their way to 100+ and buy their rep. and gear. So I agree that things need to be done to get the game back to the basics and entice new people.

I also hope that someday there is a new game that comes out that if for people that are 40+ years old. I am not sure how they would go about verifying the person's age, but would be nice, as most of the time when a person reaches that age, they have been around the block a few times and know the joy of taking your time and making friends and helping people. I know there are plenty of people that are younger who are capable of all of this as well, but hard to figure out a way to keep that type of people out of the game who just want to rush through it and buy their way to the top. Those people have a right to what they want too, but would be nice to make a separate server for them to go play and have fun with themselves.
    Thanks and have a great day.

So, just to re-hash on this again, because the majority of the opposition it either too closed-minded to get it, or too stupid.

1. This change would only have an impact on the following people...
    ___a. Those that sell heads as their soul source of income
    ______For you, there's loads of other things to do in game.
    ___b. Those that want to level their alt to 100 in a matter of days.
    ______With this suggested change, it might take you 4 days instead of 2. Is that really so bad?
    ______You can get to level 80 in 4 hours without FC if you want to. It just takes a little bit more skill and effort. Overall the cost is cheaper than buying heads. IJS

2. I am not looking to bring back the "good old days" and the "dark ages" of questing.
    ___a. This would only affect FC.
    ______It was never designed for characters below level 75 anyway.
    ___b. Quests below level 80 have been completely redesigned.
    ______They are now super fast because you have fewer mobs to kill.
    ______They are now super fast because the quest item drop rate is changed to 100%.
    ______They now give you significantly more experience for each completed quest.
    ______They now give you significantly more coin for each completed quest.
    ______There are a significant number of new quests that ensure that you aren't out of quests when you hit level 62, like it was in "the dark ages". Not to mention that you will still be catching up on quests from when you were in your 30's at this point if you care about doing them.
    ______There are free charms given out daily and gear is a non-issue.
    ___c. Even after you consider all of the changes to the regular quests, there's even more!
    ______If you need more coin, Jolly Jones has a few simple quests that give loads of cash.
    ______Daily you have a series of BH's once you hit 40. If you stack them properly, this is done in a short matter of time, you get nice drops from the dungeon, and loads of exp and spirit. Plus you get the added benefit of learning how to play in a team. (Assuming you don't have someone twinking the instance.)
    ______You have Nix valley. Guess what, it can give the same kind of exp as FC does. If you know what you're doing, you can even solo it and get even more exp.
    ______This list is getting too long, but CS, Attendance, Base Quests, WQ, CoF, I mean really, there's a lot of content you're ignoring here.

3. The whole point of this is to revive the lower level questing areas so that new players will have people to quest with and a reason to stick around long enough to reach endgame.
    ___a. Once they reach endgame, that's another story.
    ______It is not a part of this discussion.
    ___b. When was the last time you actually looked objectively at the new low level content?
    ______I can guarantee that you'll be surprised at how fast you can level now compared to back in the day.

4. As near as I can tell, the majority of the people opposed to this either.
    ___a. Don't actually have a clue about the current low-level content.
    ______So get out there and experience it.
    ___b. Are part of the group of high-level noobs us "old timers" are usually complaining about.
    ______So you're part of the problem, but truly, this suggested change has nothing to do with you.
    ___c. Are determined to be completely clueless.
    ______It's your choice, you can live with it, just leave us out of it.
    ___d. Are for some reason completely unable to see outside of your little box.
    ______Open your eyes and take a look around. Take a look back, and think forward. there's obviously a lot out there that you are either missing, or have some really misguided opinions on.

That's all for now, time to go do things that involve real people instead of pixels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That's how it is every time they add content, but nonetheless, that's how to keep a playerbase, not QQing and blowing up the way people level just because one subjectively thinks they can bring back 2008/2009 in 2013/2014. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

People are far from finishing the content btw, mainly because of bugs. And I get accused of being absent from the game? b:chuckle

This is like every other nostalgia QQ thread.
    Okay, now your trolling is just getting pathetic. Do you really believe the **** you say? Just on this post alone you've thrown out at least three idiotic statements at once, without backing any of them up.

You keep trumpeting new content as the game's savior, citing the current flurry of activity, and gleefully ignoring the well-known fact that such activity is temporary. Besides which, there really hasn't been that much activity at all. Were you in NW last night? Populations were lower (~160-180/nation) than they were before the map change. If content updates bring all those vets out of the woodwork, it would stand to reason that they'd stick around for NW, don't you think?

All that's really happened is that the current population is amusing themselves - however temporarily - at the subpar, bug-ridden quests, just because it's new content. Doesn't matter what new content, just that it's new content. They'll play till the end of it once, and then they'll go right back to farming TT and WS like they always have. And this is the group that will save PWI?

But wait, wait! The bugs are good now, because they keep players from completing the content longer! Really?? That's what you're going with. It doesn't matter how fleeting and arbitrary the new content is and how virtually none of it actually attracts new players, we have bugs to keep people around now. Clearly my concerns are unfounded. >_>

Relying on content updates is just throwing money at the problem. Quite a lot of money, when you consider how much work it took for the content updates and expansions, even for our terrible dev team.

You have yet to back up your assertion that the majority of the populace powerlevels in Frost.

You have yet to back up your assertion that the hyperless week "accomplished nothing."

Reverting Frost is not about restoring the game to 2009. Try again. And see if you can do it without using the word "nostalgia" this time like it's the insult of the week. I'm terribly sorry you can't tell the difference between nostalgia and a genuine concern for game balance. Meanwhile here you are, watching people play through the ****-poor content update and assuming it means that the population is stable. All it really means is that wanmei blew valuable man-hours on something that does jack for sustainability.

But ooh look, the vets are out in the questing zones for an hour! You look at that and seem to believe it's sustainable, and you have the nerve to accuse us of wearing the rose-colored glasses?

Let me know when you plan to quit with the pathetic trolling and actually respond to the people who are ripping your terrible arguments apart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • xalabusjr
    xalabusjr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    looking for friends/guilds to join. I am a slightly older player trying to get back into the game again
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ok, I went to sleep for 10 hours, so give me a moment, I'll try to keep it short...

Unfortunately, you didn't leave....

Now, on to something else... (Made it less of a wall and broke it up to be more readable.)

So, just to re-hash on this again, because the majority of the opposition it either too closed-minded to get it, or too stupid.

1. This change would only have an impact on the following people...
    ___a. Those that sell heads as their soul source of income
    ______For you, there's loads of other things to do in game.
    ___b. Those that want to level their alt to 100 in a matter of days.
    ______With this suggested change, it might take you 4 days instead of 2. Is that really so bad?
    ______You can get to level 80 in 4 hours without FC if you want to. It just takes a little bit more skill and effort. Overall the cost is cheaper than buying heads. IJS

2. I am not looking to bring back the "good old days" and the "dark ages" of questing.
    ___a. This would only affect FC.
    ______It was never designed for characters below level 75 anyway.
    ___b. Quests below level 80 have been completely redesigned.
    ______They are now super fast because you have fewer mobs to kill.
    ______They are now super fast because the quest item drop rate is changed to 100%.
    ______They now give you significantly more experience for each completed quest.
    ______They now give you significantly more coin for each completed quest.
    ______There are a significant number of new quests that ensure that you aren't out of quests when you hit level 62, like it was in "the dark ages". Not to mention that you will still be catching up on quests from when you were in your 30's at this point if you care about doing them.
    ______There are free charms given out daily and gear is a non-issue.
    ___c. Even after you consider all of the changes to the regular quests, there's even more!
    ______If you need more coin, Jolly Jones has a few simple quests that give loads of cash.
    ______Daily you have a series of BH's once you hit 40. If you stack them properly, this is done in a short matter of time, you get nice drops from the dungeon, and loads of exp and spirit. Plus you get the added benefit of learning how to play in a team. (Assuming you don't have someone twinking the instance.)
    ______You have Nix valley. Guess what, it can give the same kind of exp as FC does. If you know what you're doing, you can even solo it and get even more exp.
    ______This list is getting too long, but CS, Attendance, Base Quests, WQ, CoF, I mean really, there's a lot of content you're ignoring here.

3. The whole point of this is to revive the lower level questing areas so that new players will have people to quest with and a reason to stick around long enough to reach endgame.
    ___a. Once they reach endgame, that's another story.
    ______It is not a part of this discussion.
    ___b. When was the last time you actually looked objectively at the new low level content?
    ______I can guarantee that you'll be surprised at how fast you can level now compared to back in the day.

4. As near as I can tell, the majority of the people opposed to this either.
    ___a. Don't actually have a clue about the current low-level content.
    ______So get out there and experience it.
    ___b. Are part of the group of high-level noobs us "old timers" are usually complaining about.
    ______So you're part of the problem, but truly, this suggested change has nothing to do with you.
    ___c. Are determined to be completely clueless.
    ______It's your choice, you can live with it, just leave us out of it.
    ___d. Are for some reason completely unable to see outside of your little box.
    ______Open your eyes and take a look around. Take a look back, and think forward. there's obviously a lot out there that you are either missing, or have some really misguided opinions on.

That's all for now, time to go do things that involve real people instead of pixels.

That was about the most articulate and well written argument for level restricting FC to 75. It was the most articulate and well written posts I've read on any subject on these forums.

If people cannot grasp this thread isn't about "nostalgia" but an attempt to save the game then the space between their ears is nothing more than air. I wholeheartedly agree they obviously havent done much if anything at all with the revamped low level content. If anything they are the ones thinking back to the early days and the time it took to level.

Anyone complaining that their alts couldn't do it, are either bad players, or have run into what we are trying to stop...an empty landscape. Anyone complaining that level restricting FC means a long level process, also just don't get what is offered in the game now as far as content. But then again, of all the MMOs I have played over the last 15 years, PWI has the least intelligent players I have encountered.

Lastly those that say endgame is where all the content is, and where the fun is, not all agree. I personally find endgame boring. It's the same instances over and over and over and over. Yeah the rewards are better in endgame instances, its ok to farm gear, but endgame is like looking at a cake and having only a spoonful of icing. There is so much more underneath.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Have i said this before? I'm having De Ja Vu here.

:D What an ironic character name you have.

Or, perhaps I'm using it incorrectly.
    Perhaps it refers to a blinding light, impairing those which come in contact.

You must be of the ignores things and let them fester until they go away sort and a firm disbeliever in the saying "it's never too late".

I have an ironic character name? Why is that?

You know how to tell a troll thread from a good random sample survey?

First and most importantly, options are not limited to just what the author of the case study would like to see the outcome be.

Findings that disprove the hypothesis are not swept under the rug in order to make oneself and their thoery appear right in a good random sample survey.

You dont adjust or eliminate facts and only see what supports the hypothesis you created, no matter how totally off and illogical it may be.

Just looking at the options in this new poll - you have a win-win situation here, but not for players of the game, just for the ones who blindly support the pro- .

I can see why people think Im a troll though. I freely admit Im still posting on one of the most ridiculous troll threads Ive ever seen in this forum - and that's saying a lot.

Yes, if you thought you read the word 'brilliance' with a second 'I', my name would be ironic to me too. At this point I think if anyone wants to keep reading and posting the same stuff over and over again, they must not have been sleeping too well. b:chuckle

In the end, Im sure PWI knows what its true issues are, and its never too late to stop ignoring those issues in the hopes that most of the MMO playing world will win a Lottery or something and have the large sums of cash to keep the population small but still have a profit possible.

You know, the City of New York has some of the highest Cigarette prices in the World - up to $15 a pack - 4/5th of which is all taxes. They are the only people I know of, and their cigarettes the only product I know of, when the amount of sales went down over 50% in the city, but profits rose over 110% the first year of the new program.

If you lot think PWI can pull something like that off, I will take a wait and see approach. Just so you dont get all self-ennobled, and think it was for a good cause, and folks quit smoking because of it, you will find you are mostly wrong.

The smokers who dont want to quit nor to pay the outrageous tax simply sought out other markets, and NYC created a cool and groovy crime syndicate and blackmarket for their trouble.

Who knows, maybe NYC is a 'perfect world' too? lol.

What is the comparison here, one may ask? Both NYC and PWI offer relatively cheap (cigarettes) or worthless (pixels) products at outrageously well above normal prices.

My pack of premium brand cigarettes cost me $6.50 a pack (if you have a really good connection they will cost you only $5 a pack), where the same pack at my local store would cost me $15.

I may not be brilliant, but I am not blinded by the fact that other markets for the same products are easily available. I dont think management at PWI is too stupid to realize that either.

Wtf? Sure, as Ive already said nerf it. You can laugh at me if new players rush to play just because they hear a random instance and additional XP item have been limited to the use of only high levels. And I will laugh at PWI for listening to you, if the logical response by any population using those items turns out to be - Im dont wasting my time with this ****.

And now, Im done wasting my time with this **** thread and its biased poll.

Im wondering if Sylen works in R&D for a commercial drug company. His current random survey is very similar to one of their own. b:chuckle
  • Caligastia - Lost City
    Caligastia - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    On the server lost city, PWI GMs let bot players farming herbs, they selling it to catshop and overload the market, thats scam becuz u buyin infinite herbs... TY for your illegal activities PWI !!!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What does that mean? It means that if a new player takes 6 months to a year to get to 100 (and remember most people have work or school and are only ingame a few hours a day if that), there's a high chance they will give up before they reach that goal.

But this is what so many of us are pointing out.... with the way the game has been revamped, even with two hours a day playtime you can get to lvl 75 fast. The char I made specifically to test out the new quests completely skipped BHs, lucid, questmaster exp items, seasonal quests, JJ, and any other exp items from stash or quest rewards so that I could test out the quests alone. I made it to 60 in less than a week and I didn't play her all that much. Add in all of those other things I could have done and I can't imagine how fast it would go.

I'm guessing everyone that is arguing here are people that are too lazy to quest and want alts up to 100 to TW or something. But seriously, it isn't even hard now! And with the quests being such a low mob count I don't see how you can get so bored. The game isn't only about instances, and like every other game you are meant to have to earn your levels.

If FF was changed, new players coming into the game wouldn't know any different. But they wouldn't be frustrated and quit because it isn't hard to level in the slightest (and if it bothered them that much, they will never make it through any other game out there). The only time it starts to get hard is in the 80s when you pass all the revamped stuff.... and FF would be open at that point. Also, working your way through the quests at the start now gives you a fair bit of coin, which helps with skills and gear. It is very beneficial for new players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I have an ironic character name? Why is that?

You know how to tell a troll thread from a good random sample survey?

First and most importantly, options are not limited to just what the author of the case study would like to see the outcome be.

Findings that disprove the hypothesis are not swept under the rug in order to make oneself and their thoery appear right in a good random sample survey.

You dont adjust or eliminate facts and only see what supports the hypothesis you created, no matter how totally off and illogical it may be.

Just looking at the options in this new poll - you have a win-win situation here, but not for players of the game, just for the ones who blindly support the pro- .

I can see why people think Im a troll though. I freely admit Im still posting on one of the most ridiculous troll threads Ive ever seen in this forum - and that's saying a lot.

Yes, if you thought you read the word 'brilliance' with a second 'I', my name would be ironic to me too. At this point I think if anyone wants to keep reading and posting the same stuff over and over again, they must not have been sleeping too well. b:chuckle

In the end, Im sure PWI knows what its true issues are, and its never too late to stop ignoring those issues in the hopes that most of the MMO playing world will win a Lottery or something and have the large sums of cash to keep the population small but still have a profit possible.

You know, the City of New York has some of the highest Cigarette prices in the World - up to $15 a pack - 4/5th of which is all taxes. They are the only people I know of, and their cigarettes the only product I know of, when the amount of sales went down over 50% in the city, but profits rose over 110% the first year of the new program.

If you lot think PWI can pull something like that off, I will take a wait and see approach. Just so you dont get all self-ennobled, and think it was for a good cause, and folks quit smoking because of it, you will find you are mostly wrong.

The smokers who dont want to quit nor to pay the outrageous tax simply sought out other markets, and NYC created a cool and groovy crime syndicate and blackmarket for their trouble.

Who knows, maybe NYC is a 'perfect world' too? lol.

What is the comparison here, one may ask? Both NYC and PWI offer relatively cheap (cigarettes) or worthless (pixels) products at outrageously well above normal prices.

My pack of premium brand cigarettes cost me $6.50 a pack (if you have a really good connection they will cost you only $5 a pack), where the same pack at my local store would cost me $15.

I may not be brilliant, but I am not blinded by the fact that other markets for the same products are easily available. I dont think management at PWI is too stupid to realize that either.

Wtf? Sure, as Ive already said nerf it. You can laugh at me if new players rush to play just because they hear a random instance and additional XP item have been limited to the use of only high levels. And I will laugh at PWI for listening to you, if the logical response by any population using those items turns out to be - Im dont wasting my time with this ****.

And now, Im done wasting my time with this **** thread and its biased poll.

Im wondering if Sylen works in R&D for a commercial drug company. His current random survey is very similar to one of their own. b:chuckle

Somehow idk why your name is briiliance (with a second I) to begin with. Which nickname would ya like better, brilliant idiot or why dont we take that 2nd I of yours use it like this,
    Intoxicated brilliance. I highly doubt that sylans poll is based off his own "personal opinion" rather than the solid fact from the previous poll that was conducted regarding whether FC should be lvl restricted or kept the way it is now. I gotta tell ya, seems to me you ended up on the losing side and now your just making excuses for the losing side just to make a valid point. So much for your NYC example since it doesnt hold water. I really wonder if the situation between NY and PW arent different it is entirety. PW is a game not the big city on a road map. How pw does its business might be totally different than how NY city hall manages its check book. So you can quit using useless arguements bout a pixelated game. Im somehow thinking that you too are comparing apples to oranges since we're talking bout how to get pw back on its feet by restricting FC to 75/80+.

Now let me give you my version. PW does want money from its players, cause without it there would be no way for pw to get updates, expansions or fixes. Pw runs like a normal business so it will want players to contribute to that cause regardless of how many **** ups they perform with updates on the content that they bring to our version even at the expense of listening to trolls, idiots and stupidity types like janus out there. Whats killing this game, making the low to mid lvl landscapes deserted is cause ppl like you and janus think that by keeping hypers in frost will keep the game running when its already on its final moments, sitting on its own MMORPG hospital bed just waiting for those last few minutes till we see flat line.

To the losing side: it appears to me is that you all are the ones performing the nostalgia here since thats all you guys ever think bout. Whether we're returning to the olden days of 08/09 is completely false and misguided. Since when did we want to return to the beginning of pw just like janus keeps talkin bout like hes in some sort of time machine getting ready to travel back in time to when pw was without hypers. So i think its more than bout time to sound the alarm on this fast train cause your just bout to run out of track here less ya guys like crashing into the wall at the end of the track. (WAKE UP!)

Somehow i think waking up with a rooster call in the morning sounds just bout right for you blood sucking plvling idiots who have nothing else better to do than to just run frost for coin when theres more ways to getting coin now days than there was in the beginning. So let me get this through your thick skulls of your fellas. We are not creating a nostalgia here, we are trying to revitalize the low lvl areas as well as saving pw from a possible collision course by lvl restriction frost to a specific lvl (such as 75 or 80+). If this doesnt get through your numbskulled ideas than idk what will. How bout you guys take a vacation, ive heard that the ocean is a nice place to visit rather than sticking yourselves behind a screen trying to convince the rest of us that your arguements are legit when they are as empty as a hole in an onion ring. (not to mention as empty as your heads)

Have fun falling off a cliff with an anvil falling right on top of ya. b:chuckleb:chuckle
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    xalabusjr wrote: »
    looking for friends/guilds to join. I am a slightly older player trying to get back into the game again

What server are you on, good sir? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Actually I provide IT support for one of the largest global companies in the world. I'm also considered a Subject Matter Expert in some of the new products that we've just released, and am currently writing the training guides and working with the developers on improving the software. I get this kind of recognition because when I do something, I don't do it halfway. I analyze every angle, and I am extremely thorough in my research. Almost to a fault.

For the first 4 years of PWI's lifecycle, I applied the same thought and dedication to this game. For the past two years it has waned a little because I've been expanding my interest back into some external projects with either my own servers, or my cars. The past 9 months I've been away a little bit more and mostly play just on the weekends primarily because of the major projects I've been leading at work that have taken a lot of my free time. For the most part, my increase in time spent away from the game was provoked by the ever-declining quality of the game's community, and the general lack of apparent player intelligence.

I do see a game that I thoroughly enjoy in a steady decline, I will do what I can to help bring it back. Based on an analysis of the community's opinion in these forums, and the societal balances in-game, I believe this to be the first step in a series of steps required to achieve that goal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    S> Eden plevel service for alts. PM me for info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yep, it's about nostalgia.
    It's quite hilarious to watch you (and others in this thread) mask nostalgia as trying to valiantly save PWI.

I'm having a great time reading posts from people like you too. b:cute
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Y'know, I'm pretty sure Janus just learned the word "nostalgia" the other day and now he think it's the ultimate insult. Kinda like a ten year old who just learned a swear word and thinks he's edgy for using it. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The self back patting and attempts at looking down at/demeaning others I'm sure is quite an excellent contribution to the community to you but does not overlook the faulty logic in this thread's premise of disguising nostalgia as saving this game. And to the bold, I thank you for your contribution.

Ok let me see if I can help you understand this isn't a thread about nostalgia, or PWI 08/09...

PWI 08/09 quests were slow. 50 of this, 60 of that, little reward, and months and months to level to 75. Boring, but world was populated.

Now our argument...PWI quests are much easier. Kill 10 of this, 20 of that, increased xp and spirit at completion. Also there are numerous purple quests that reap nice rewards in xp, and spirit, some nice items, etc. All of which are not being utilized by the playerbase. BHs below 89 few squads made, and most of the time with a hand holding BORED high level doing it all with lemming in tow. However if you tried the new quests you would see that to level 75 even with little time to play, less than a month. Some could even do it in a matter of days.

Honestly, to me even that is too fast, BUT, I would rather see the world utilized with people both new that see a world with people that decide to stay, and old that see even without FC before 75, is still a cake walk. Rather than new people seeing an empty world and learning FC is really the only viable option, and leaving because of it. If I was a new player, and it was all about buying FC then endgame, hell no. I might as well not play a game focused on such a small amount of the content.

Level 75+ hyper FC all you want. The instance was designed for 75+. Below 75, utilize the world.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    When you can make a thread about saving a game in a games forums and people take it seriously. Without mocking the thread or anything. You can be certain of the fate of that game and it's never good. I just like to throw that out there.
  • yatesdon
    yatesdon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What's really hurting PWI from drawing new players has little to nothing to do with how fast people can level. Its about the gear gap and the pressure to charge real-life money to even come CLOSE to what people have at end-game

This, they pretty much have to rush to endgame and can't do endgame without cash shopping. So naturally, after not being able to anything endgame effectively, most new players that happen to reach 100 quit.
  • Kassos - Sanctuary
    Kassos - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    LOL I was reading through this and was thinking to myself, "There's just a few people posting over and over and over".

So I went back through the threads and wrote them down because it seemed interesting.

Here's the results....

In the "I hate this idea but don't have a solid reason for it", corner we have...
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear -=- Not certain he's actually made a point yet.
    Brillance - Raging Tide -=- Not Brilliant, and obviously one of the sheltered hyper-babies. I'm not 100% certain she's actually made a valid point yet.
    WannaBM - Archosaur -=- Obviously hates politics and oppression and will fight it to the end, no matter how stupid the reason.

In the "I care about the game and want to see it survive", corner we have....
    SylenThunder - Sanctuary -=- OP You're loud, and sometimes annoying, but you're right a lot more often than not.
    Miugre - Heavens Tea -=- Almost as loud as SylenThunder, but you can tell that he cares about the game, and it's future. Both of you guys make these huge walls of posts, but they are good reading.
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide -=- I seen your posts but don't have an opinion on you.
    Annalyse - Heavens Tea -=- Well known in forums and very level headed
    Desdi - Sanctuary -=- Well known in forums and very level headed
    oVenusArmanio -=- Well known and now a Mod
    OPKossy -=- Well known, and now a Mod
    Asone - Raging Tide
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Shidoshi - Lost City
    BaronSamedi - Dreamweaver
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear

The ones in the bottom I'm not as familiar with.

In any case, I quit playing because it was just damn boring. Questing areas were dead. The faction I was in was a bunch of high levels that were always doing their own thing so I felt like the odd duck runt that was too little to benefit.
    I left because there was basically no one around to play with and I didn't feel like blowing a bunch of cash on pixels. (and Charms, charms were costly and I was going through mana like some kind of... I dunno, I can't think of anything equivalent, but mana was like this think I never had enough of.)

I vote for both just because overkill is better than nothing. b:chuckle
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I still stand behind the level restrict idea. Even removing hypers would not harm my gameplay at all. Why? I want to live through the content. I want to experience every instance on every toon that isn't built like the others or is a different class.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    In any case, I quit playing because it was just damn boring. Questing areas were dead. The faction I was in was a bunch of high levels that were always doing their own thing so I felt like the odd duck runt that was too little to benefit.
    I left because there was basically no one around to play with and I didn't feel like blowing a bunch of cash on pixels. (and Charms, charms were costly and I was going through mana like some kind of... I dunno, I can't think of anything equivalent, but mana was like this think I never had enough of.)

I vote for both just because overkill is better than nothing. b:chuckle
    It was boring because everyone was in FCC hypering. f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.