Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    nvm, wrong topic

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Make R9 actually farmable, MoG and chip chests from repeatable quests. More accessible ways to get event gold, which help people to refine their gear and get charms. FCC doesnt really affect game's overall state.

I like this idea.

I also think it would be great if PWI gave more advance notice for events and specials. We know right at the last moment and have no time to prepare or even save.

Or worse - we spend our allowance and then BAM - here come rewards for spending.

I also think we need more about how the game is going to evolve. Now I know they cannot say much but something is better than nothing.

It just seems the bulk of the work is left up to the players to piece things together.

I DO appreciate the changes in the last 2 years, and I'm glad I came back and I'm glad I found this server, which I really like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Star_Flame - Dreamweaver
    Star_Flame - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    While I haven't read the entire series of posts, I may have a possible idea based on what I have read so far. I stopped playing about a year ago, and only came back a month ago to see if anything has changed. What I see out there is no one. I still have some low level alts and the quests are shall we say...boring? b:cry

I am aware that PWI can't cater to all gamers; we're just too diverse in our goals. Some of us like questing (me!) for the storyline, others like to do the instances, some like both, and then there are the End-Gamers; I'm not one and I don't PvP so I don't have a clue as to what the draw is to being an end-gamer. My gear is adequate; neither the best nor the worst. I made some of it, had friends make other parts and I bought what I could afford for other pieces.

In playing PWI, the one thing I noticed at the lower levels is that gear from drops or quest rewards are mediocre and gear from the NPC's are worse. We level too fast for truly learning our skills and using the gear drops. It seems now would be a good time to build in some limits to leveling and place limits on what level can come in to help you on your FB's or BH's. We should lock out low levels from using the current rapid leveling schemes.

Some other ideas for improving the game at low level: Make some instances where it is mandatory to enter with a full squad within 5 levels of the party leader. These instances would be required to unlock higher level instances and would still be able to be completed at higher levels as long as you meet the squad requirements (and may be tougher based on the increased party level).

Change the mob drops & quest rewards for actual pieces of armor or weapons to pieces vital to craft your own gear (such as patterns/molds, metal, leather, cloth, hammers, needle & thread, etc.) that would be wearable in 3 or 4 levels and could be augmented by drops found in instances. This may bring people back out into the wilderness and definitely should entice new players.

PWI really should look at their advertising. It's pretty lame or maybe non-existent is better a better word. I see very little on my FB account. If Wizards101 can advertise on TV, then PWI should consider using that medium as well. They might even offer an in-game incentive to new accounts. b:laugh
  • Mainac_sin - Lost City
    Mainac_sin - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    idk maybe when u blanace the situation of +1' orbs issue then can think to get new thinks on game , atm game sms died , economy down , u cant find even shops that sell teles , sms like no one buy anything anymore till all issue
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    idk maybe when u blanace the situation of +1' orbs issue then can think to get new thinks on game , atm game sms died , economy down , u cant find even shops that sell teles , sms like no one buy anything anymore till all issue
    sanctuary is still plentiful thankfully
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Pi_Roe_Str - Harshlands
    Pi_Roe_Str - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think that Hyper Experience while useful, is hurting pw more then helping... Too many people don't know their character now... use to be that you got one skill at a time and built up your familiarity with the skills the damage outputs, ect... now there are way too many r9 characters that just don't know what they are doing...
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    (This is response to original post I just don't want to quote wall of text)

Every MMO is like this, Release, then expansions then game goes Pay to Win, Perfect World had a good run and it's unfortunately coming to an end sooner or later PWI will shut down the server but not until ''Sponsors'' stop flushing money down the toilet on Boutique items and Camp West arch entrance showing off how cool they are. You are right, nowadays everything is achievevable trough cash shop, EXP? Hyper EXP, Meditation pills. Gear? Rank 9, Crafting? There is an items for that too. Packs also **** me off. If you have money you can literally cheat in this game and no F2P player will get anywhere near as powerfull as you. It's a product of years of patches and greediness that made PWI unbearable and that's why 1 Gold piece goes for 2M coins on servers like Raging Tide. My Suggestion? Move onto different game, There is Ai-on, Guild Wuars 2 Rift, TE.RA Online (Mispelled on purpose) This game is dead, nothing will bring it back unless they will decide to do a wipe of current mess and perhaps re-do some of the **** but that will never happen. You have to understand that every feature they bring into the game is to pull money from the players and this is the whole thing this game is now. They don't give a **** your characters are gone or whatever glitch you have. Money Money Money. Why do you think exp requirement after lvl100 is so high,0 so to keep you playing and spending money on something barely-possible. To answer your question, No, PWI is beyond fix-able, NO it's not worth starting or coming back to this game, look at me I log in mostly for Daily Quests and mostly hang out with friends I know. That's it.

I need a coffee
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Personally I see there is hope still. It's just how we approach the problem...

As a faction leader I meet up newbies a lot. Most of them would prefer to know the game and have their stuff learnt, some of them go with attitude "I wanna be pro I wanna be the best oh I'm gonna beat everyone". However, from what I've seen there's more of the people that support the first group.

The issues appear when these newbies get to communicate with us high levels. They may ask what is the best way to progress/what should they do and stuff... then there comes a random high level and says "hey come on let's get u a free FC".

I've heard a lot of these stories. I've had level 50-60ish newbies telling me they're quite lost with this and dunno whether they should continue powerleveling or what they're supposed to do. And I tell them to take their time, no need to hurry, go in instances with your own levels and get a hang of the toon. I correct them with their builds, advice where they can upgrade their gears and stuff. They've been happy with it and many of them rather do PV runs than FC nowadays especially at the lower levels which is a great start for the teamplay and learning progress.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This thread is kind of out-dated now. *shrugs*

Has anyone made a new (not rebirthed, but a brand new) char yet? Well, I have.

1st casual day playing, got to level 6 - with no interaction with anyone.

2nd day casual playing, got to level 40+ - Profundity (or however you spell it) Scrolls, anyone? No interaction with anyone, and leveling waaayyyyy faster than I can get my skills.

A few casual days later, in my 50's - and still getting Qingzi as BH.

Please tell me folks arent still worried about nerfing FCC to say it will improve the game. Nerfing FC seems well - disconnected from the game - at this point. b:surrender

Profundity scrolls anyone?? o.0 f:naughty
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    necruu
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thats sad. Its on the first page, lol. b:surrender

Maybe we need to stop worrying about the Mystic forums, and fight to save General Discussion?! b:shocked
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    11/27 ---> 12/19 isn't a necro. Neither is 12/19 to 1/10. It was a little over a week away from being a necro.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    In the few weeks since I checked by, it seems you guys have had a rollback, server crash, WS is still down and there are no improvements whatsoever. I believe this expansion was their big chance to revive the game and put fresh life into it, and they've utterly failed it. There is no incentive at all for a returning player or new player compared to other games. There are a long list of disincentives.

I'd love to see the game revived, I really would. I like PWI. But I honestly think it's beyond hope now.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I know what you mean.

Im sure things changed on the China server with a certain flow to it over time. It probably made sense to their players as those changes occured.

To me, my experience has been disjointed, and down-graded, as far as the flow of the game over time and my ability to participate in it.

But we have to look at the bright side, as long as the big-spenders are happy with the changes, and PWI can hold their attention, the game will be just fine. :)

• Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    if the game is going to make it long term, they have to fix the bugs, and glitches... also imo they need to rewrite the game engine. that alone would make things better for new and old players.
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • Patrimpas - Dreamweaver
    Patrimpas - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I agree with the decision to change the requirements for access to the Fc - 75 lvl and hyper stone can only be used from level 75.
    The benefits are obvious, less foolish, nothing about your class players.
  • robertbenn
    robertbenn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    give better rewards to quests for low lvl and put a stop to those quest blocking no one wants to go questing on a lvl 30+ toon to lvl when they are all one shots to the r9rr maybe make map restrictions based on lvl it is afterall a pvp server lets keep it some what fair ever tried questing at lvl range in silver pool area good luck.

the only people getting hurt by fcing toons to high lvl are the people doing it and not takeing the time to learn there class

the only good news about fc not letting you use hypers is that i have no desire to create any more toons will save me money on gearing up alts thank you pwi. allmost wish they had done this from the start i would have saved so much cash only gearing up 1 toon instead of multiples
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    NECRO!!!! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    closed for necro.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.