PVP in Secret Passage

Options

Comments

• Earthgirl - Dreamweaver
    Earthgirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    A couple of points.

1. Not all quests in SP can be done just by porting to Quinzi.

2. I have been attacked with blue name just on my way to help a lowbie who was getting griefed. Attacking a lvl 101 experienced cleric normally ends badly for them. They scream foul, and rush off to send a complaint, even though they were the ones who attacked me.

3. PK allowed in an quest and culti instance on a PvE server is business suicide. I have actually seen ppl stop playing because of it.

Players can and do still camp the entrance and attack anything that moves. Screening and reporting makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. This needs fixing soon, it's costing PWI money and players.
  • simmurad
    simmurad Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Why? Why? Why?
  • misschoo
    misschoo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Meh, calculated risk by PWI's bean counters ... lowbies don't spend a lot of real-life cash on the game, so **** them because they will either quit (no loss) or get mad and power level (more money in PWI's pocket).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ponyduck wrote: »
    Yeh, it's only the newer/low-level players who are affected by this. Who cares what
    they say? Who wants them anyway?

Again, another example of players' inability to see beyond the confines of self. "It
    doesn't bother ME-ME-ME, so why should it bother anyone else?"
    --although since new players are a virtually extinct species, I can understand the
    confusion. Most of today's players have probably never even seen one, lol. And
    since they themselves only spent about 2 hrs below level 60 and never saw outside
    of frost, it's understandable they would be perplexed about game-play for the lower
    levels.

Nice false assumptions. But yea, I hyperleveld in FCC, starting in Jan 2009...

Besides that, I've been in SP multiple times and never had an issue. Sure, there will be some people who just PK you sometimes. But you know what I do? I keep away from the PKers in there. And if they decide to be douchebags, I go to read a good book and come back later for my business.

Stop getting so worked up over a game. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In answer to everyone quoting me:

Then:

The PvE content on PWI is terrible now. When I joined this game I had a blast with PvE.

I had to search for things, I couldn't just autopath to absolutely everything.

Questing was the best/quickest way to level up and when you finished all your quests you started zhen parties. By logging long hours and finishing game content you became competitive.

Every class was important for finishing an instance
    (except maybe archers but they were godly in TW so they had their perks)

The story lines were mostly ignored and the quests themselves were dull usually.
    Go kill x mob for y amount of z drops. But, at least there was motivation to do them.

Now:
    I can get a toon to 100 in less than a week.

Note: to whatever tard quoted me and said QQ we cant all buy frost. Run your own damn frost! My god... Why the hell do you ppl buy frost? That is pathetic. Especially considering your avocation of PvE!

Earlier when I said that this game is not the game to play for PvE content, I was not saying that it was impossible or beyond my comprehension for you to enjoy the mindless repetitivity and void of challenge that IS pwi's quest content b:shutup

I was saying that there are so many other MMO games where the mobs have AI and react to what your individual class is or the particular skills you use in a strategic manner. Where quests have voice overs, cut scenes, and puzzles that challenge your mind. Adventures through buildings where you have to unlock secret doors or sneak past guards or dress in disguise. Some of these are even free to play and I'd name them for you if it wasn't against ToS.

PWI gives you no motivation whatsoever to complete quests anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Renewed Statement:
    PvP in secret passage is fun. There is no risk of dropping. There is also barely any reason to go in there aside from PvP. Also, anyone that is in there to kill 3x is probably like 13 years old in real life and too mentally immature to follow these rules regardless of whether PvP were "allowed" or not.

Secret Passage used to be a great and fun place to PvP for 3 years. It was a favorite hot spot frequented on PvP server. Every change that has been made to it has bothered us.

I realize that PvE servers outnumber PvP but I feel the arguments you guys are making are outrageous. Even you guys, soon as you have top tier gear enable PvP mode. Why? Because there is NOTHING else to do. They've already killed the PvE content in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In answer to everyone quoting me:

Then:

The PvE content on PWI is terrible now. When I joined this game I had a blast with PvE.

I had to search for things, I couldn't just autopath to absolutely everything.

Questing was the best/quickest way to level up and when you finished all your quests you started zhen parties. By logging long hours and finishing game content you became competitive.

Every class was important for finishing an instance
    (except maybe archers but they were godly in TW so they had their perks)

The story lines were mostly ignored and the quests themselves were dull usually.
    Go kill x mob for y amount of z drops. But, at least there was motivation to do them.

Now:
    I can get a toon to 100 in less than a week.

Note: to whatever tard quoted me and said QQ we cant all buy frost. Run your own damn frost! My god... Why the hell do you ppl buy frost? That is pathetic. Especially considering your avocation of PvE!

Earlier when I said that this game is not the game to play for PvE content, I was not saying that it was impossible or beyond my comprehension for you to enjoy the mindless repetitivity and void of challenge that IS pwi's quest content b:shutup

I was saying that there are so many other MMO games where the mobs have AI and react to what your individual class is or the particular skills you use in a strategic manner. Where quests have voice overs, cut scenes, and puzzles that challenge your mind. Adventures through buildings where you have to unlock secret doors or sneak past guards or dress in disguise. Some of these are even free to play and I'd name them for you if it wasn't against ToS.

PWI gives you no motivation whatsoever to complete quests anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Renewed Statement:
    PvP in secret passage is fun. There is no risk of dropping. There is also barely any reason to go in there aside from PvP. Also, anyone that is in there to kill 3x is probably like 13 years old in real life and too mentally immature to follow these rules regardless of whether PvP were "allowed" or not.

Secret Passage used to be a great and fun place to PvP for 3 years. It was a favorite hot spot frequented on PvP server. Every change that has been made to it has bothered us.

I realize that PvE servers outnumber PvP but I feel the arguments you guys are making are outrageous. Even you guys, soon as you have top tier gear enable PvP mode. Why? Because there is NOTHING else to do. They've already killed the PvE content in this game.

I think you are missing the point. It doesnt matter if you think there is no reason to do the quests or if you think its boring. If other people want to do quests, they should have the right to be able to do them without getting killed. I dont care if you can hit 100 in a week. I couldnt give a **** about hitting "end game". Thats not why i'm playing, and i want to do quests, and my friends want to do quests, and something like that hinders my ability to do so.

Thats the point. Not doing quests to hit end game. That was never my motivation to do them. I enjoy doing them with the people ive come to know here for years. There is no real major reason for me to leave the game for another, and the only problem is that some people are deciding to be douchebags and killing people trying to do quests. I dont care if you think the quests are boring and i can level faster doing FC, or that i can go to another game. I want to stay on this game, do my quests, and be able to do it on a pve server that is supposed to be pve.
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think you are missing the point. It doesnt matter if you think there is no reason to do the quests or if you think its boring. If other people want to do quests, they should have the right to be able to do them without getting killed. I dont care if you can hit 100 in a week. I couldnt give a **** about hitting "end game". Thats not why i'm playing, and i want to do quests, and my friends want to do quests, and something like that hinders my ability to do so.

Thats the point. Not doing quests to hit end game. That was never my motivation to do them. I enjoy doing them with the people ive come to know here for years. There is no real major reason for me to leave the game for another, and the only problem is that some people are deciding to be douchebags and killing people trying to do quests. I dont care if you think the quests are boring and i can level faster doing FC, or that i can go to another game.
    I want to stay on this game, do my quests, and be able to do it on a pve server that is supposed to be pve.

100% agree with u on this point, ppl have different points of view regardin things, however, when a business is at the market, it establishes the rules to follow before, it is gonna be done, to whoever wants to do it.

In PWI's case, we were told:

1) Sanctuary's Server is a PvE one, many of us selected it to play the game in peace.

2) There is a PvP mode buttom to be used in case someone wants to do PvP among themselves only.

3) There are also PvP servers for those wanting to kill each other.

None of these rules have been respected and reinforced by the ones who created this game
    no matter what the gamers say. Why then, creating rules that are gonna be broken even by those who created this game?.

Intentional or not, the truth is that SP is a risky area for those tryin to playin the game there. It is also true, it is empty most of the time , but maybe the big reason for this to happens is that; no one wants to be killed to please others, and no help can or want be given to those who wants to advance in the game.

Leveling up is a personal business, and here is what players differ from each other: "What is good to u, it is bad to me". Some ppl want to fisinish the game fast, other don't and in this matter, everyone's will must be respected.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Simple solution: move some clapping hands from FB79, have them appear immediately under anyone who PKs a 3x, and spank their little behinds.

A more biblical solution would be to call forth a level-300 Quinzi who stones the PK'ers to death.

In the same biblical vein, perhaps the SP PK'ers could be turned into pillars of salt and forever more remain in SP as monuments to their own stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whipporwhill - Raging Tide
    Whipporwhill - Raging Tide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Simple solution: move some clapping hands from FB79, have them appear immediately under anyone who PKs a 3x, and spank their little behinds.

A more biblical solution would be to call forth a level-300 Quinzi who stones the PK'ers to death.

In the same biblical vein, perhaps the SP PK'ers could be turned into pillars of salt and forever more remain in SP as monuments to their own stupidity.

So instead of being all pissed off that, after a week, I still can't get Silver Frost because the 100+ morons in there wait for people like me and tenderize us like chunks of cheap beef, I get to go to sleep tonight smiling. You need to come hang with us on RT, Darkette, I declare you awesome. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So instead of being all pissed off that, after a week, I still can't get Silver Frost because the 100+ morons in there wait for people like me and tenderize us like chunks of cheap beef, I get to go to sleep tonight smiling. You need to come hang with us on RT, Darkette, I declare you awesome. b:laugh

Thing you've got to remember about the kind of PK'ers who delight in griefing lower levels is that in real life they're one-shouldered, pimply faced, waistband-under-the-armpits, prepubescent little toads who doubtless get their heads shoved in toilets or crammed into wall lockers every day when they go to school. I'd feel sorry for them if there didn't exist a fundamental degree of hypocrisy in their coming to an online game and reenacting the same bullying portrayed upon them in real life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Thing you've got to remember about the kind of PK'ers who delight in griefing lower levels is that in real life they're one-shouldered, pimply faced, waistband-under-the-armpits, prepubescent little toads who doubtless get their heads shoved in toilets or crammed into wall lockers every day when they go to school. I'd feel sorry for them if there didn't exist a fundamental degree of hypocrisy in their coming to an online game and reenacting the same bullying portrayed upon them in real life.

You forgot one look though. They also tend to wear their pants below their asscheeks so when they walk they look like they rode a horse cross country, as well as having the appearance of being all torso with very short legs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Indeed, this can also be attributed to heavy csers, who have basically bought a god mode with their uber r999999999999999999999999999999999 leet gear, facing those types in NW is not nice, it`s even pointless to attack them! But as long as they feel better about themselves dominating in a virtual environment even thought they are pathetic in real life.
  • buzxy
    buzxy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'd like PvP in SP to be allowed.. its more active than west gate, more people come because its safer.. what needs to happen is put a restriction on low levels that bait people or purposely die in SP which leads to a Ban from the PWI team just by going off a out of context screenshot. Yes low levels die.... either people that are gunning for them or their own ignorance in running into fights and standing there expecting it not to happen.

An idea would be to a set level range in Sp on the rules (which in my mind is around 20 to 50 and with the exception of those that have the bosses) but reports coming in from members that have no other reason to be in SP other than to PvP should not be allowed to report for reasons to do with PvP... unless they have proof (IE a screenshot of their Quest Log proving a reason to be there) such tickets should be disregarded as Fake Reports..

Banning people from these kinds of people is taking situations out of context which is basically what extremists do which leads to a whole world of problems..
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    buzxy wrote: »
    I'd like PvP in SP to be allowed.. its more active than west gate, more people come because its safer.. what needs to happen is put a restriction on low levels that bait people or purposely die in SP which leads to a Ban from the PWI team just by going off a out of context screenshot. Yes low levels die.... either people that are gunning for them or their own ignorance in running into fights and standing there expecting it not to happen.

An idea would be to a set level range in Sp on the rules (which in my mind is around 20 to 50 and with the exception of those that have the bosses) but reports coming in from members that have no other reason to be in SP other than to PvP should not be allowed to report for reasons to do with PvP... unless they have proof (IE a screenshot of their Quest Log proving a reason to be there) such tickets should be disregarded as Fake Reports..

Banning people from these kinds of people is taking situations out of context which is basically what extremists do which leads to a whole world of problems..

Standing there is not a reason to kill them. They could be waiting to help someone else with their stuff. They could be waiting for the mobs to spawn. They could be chatting before starting a quest. They could be afk. They could simply want to watch but not participate in fights. If you're aoe is gonna repeatedly kill them, move. If they follow you, tell them to stop and if they don't send a ticket against them. Do not kill anyone whose consent you did not obtain for a fight and you will not be banned.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

LOL the mindset of some people are just so funny sometimes. To be honest PKing in SP is an at your own risk situation now. Your own fault for deciding to go into a place that's suppose to be a questing area to pk.

Those low levels should be able to afk or wait whenever they want while they have quests in there. Those mobs at the beginning of SP. Those are part of a quest as well. They may not be important to you but it's important to them. If PW doesn't want them to do quests in there so all you guys can pk, they should just get rid of those quests.

PK at your own risk. And get over it if you get banned. That's what you guys have been telling everyone else who is against this.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    There's already a lot of PvP spots on the map, I don't understand why people go pk where there's low level questing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I just don't get it. It's not like there isn't enough room through the entire server to have pvp, that you have to find reasons to open up the secret passage to it.

Most of the posts in this thread deem that it is more troublesome and controversial than it is worth.

And with ALL the GM's who are extremely active in game, players are being told that they are to police activities, draw conclusions, draft an opinion, take screen shots then submit that all in for review if there is a wrong being done.

Oh.. that's right.. the GM button does work in game so you can't call on one when a perceived illegal action is in the making inside the SP, or using those wonderful annoying World Horns, can't even get the attention of a GM. ( I know this because when stuck one day I tried for over an hour)

So why not be done with it, don't put the onus on players to police it, make life easier on the GM's (all those reviews must get bothersome) and just shut the SP down to PvP.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

The problem with this is, all levels *do* need to be able to go in there. Lower levels, for quest bosses and mobs. 70s levels for Silver Frost. And those people that need the bosses in there usually need higher levels to help them out. If you put a level range on it you are just effectively saying that these people cannot get help with their bosses (because of course the people that go in to help don't need the quests).

I got killed a few times during one of the previous reversions when I was just trying to pass through to kill Silver Frost for a friend. Eventually I gave up, and had to just let guild members know that I would not be helping with anything in SP until it was fixed. So killing higher levels affects low levels also.

If you are so worried about accidentally aoeing someone or having someone falsely accuse you, go PK somewhere else. This is why PK in SP will never work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    bump til maint.
  • memworld
    memworld Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I have received a couple of complaints from people in our faction that have been killed while teleporting into bh29. They say the the name of the person who killed them is not listed on the chat message. Can anyone confirm this.

Also, where would these people be in SP to hit someone teleporting in from the Arch stone?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    That's mobs near the teleport zone and not players.

Unfortunately, it's one of those well known things that nothing's been done about...
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • memworld
    memworld Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    That's mobs near the teleport zone and not players.

Unfortunately, it's one of those well known things that nothing's been done about...

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. b:thanks
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    *low level steps in SP*
    *doesn't see anyone around*
    *step outside safe zone*
    *gets one shotted by a stealth Sin/Archer*
    *"But I wasn't there for PvP!"*
    *"Ohhh I didn't known b:bye"*
    *High level switch to an alt and kill low level again pretending he doesn't known*
    *Repeat above step until low level ragequits*
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    Options
    *low level steps in SP*
    *doesn't see anyone around*
    *step outside safe zone*
    *gets one shotted by a stealth Sin/Archer*
    *"But I wasn't there for PvP!"*
    *"Ohhh I didn't known b:bye"*
    *High level switch to an alt and kill low level again pretending he doesn't known*
    *Repeat above step until low level ragequits*

You can still report the person. And really how many high level stealth characters is one person likely to have? They can't kill them without prior consent so any killing is bannable. The I didn't know excuse doesn't work because you had to ask them if they were there to pvp before killing them. If the player suspects that it's the same person on alts, they can put that in too and the GMs can confirm/reject that possibility.

• Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You can still report the person. And really how many high level stealth characters is one person likely to have? They can't kill them without prior consent so any killing is bannable. The I didn't know excuse doesn't work because you had to ask them if they were there to pvp before killing them. If the player suspects that it's the same person on alts, they can put that in too and the GMs can confirm/reject that possibility.

I know people with 4 sins, 2 on 2 different accounts, who started out so they could mutli and solo faster, but now just do dumb stuff like that.

Also we seem to be having no issues on sanctuary with pk in sp, because a certain archer who cash shopped +12 gear in 2012 told everyone that if they pk anyone in sp, he will get a screenshot doctored and get them bannedb:surrender

I go afk in sp for 2 hours, white named, with a catshop name saying "PlzKillMe"

I come back, im alive, have only been used for chi by low levelsb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I know people with 4 sins, 2 on 2 different accounts, who started out so they could mutli and solo faster, but now just do dumb stuff like that.

Also we seem to be having no issues on sanctuary with pk in sp, because a certain archer who cash shopped +12 gear in 2012 told everyone that if they pk anyone in sp, he will get a screenshot doctored and get them bannedb:surrender

They probably thought it was a trap and there were like 3 R9 Sins waiting to pop up and gank whoever touched your catshop. b:chuckle
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They probably thought it was a trap and there were like 3 R9 Sins waiting to pop up and gank whoever touched your catshop. b:chuckle

Nah, people actually attacked me, a few left messages too saying they thought it was a trap, but the above mentioned archer scared people out of pking in sp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    Options

I'm sorry, but that is just flat out hilarious.

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    memworld wrote: »
    I have received a couple of complaints from people in our faction that have been killed while teleporting into bh29. They say the the name of the person who killed them is not listed on the chat message. Can anyone confirm this.

Also, where would these people be in SP to hit someone teleporting in from the Arch stone?

It is not the players I bet.

When you use stone to teleport inside Qingzi dungeon, there are 5 mobs in the area. 2 lieutenants and a tombstone in entering room and 2 tombstones in the room which is behind the entering wall (Wheel of Earth room)

All these mobs attack your character when you teleport in 29 and a lag/squishy class might cause a death.

On another note, I had a horrible experience in SP with my alt yesterday.

I was there going to kill the fish type mobs and I went to th little room where 4 of them spawns. I killed 4 with my lvl 48 seeker, went to SZ to wait for a spawn... 2 of my friends appear. Behind them follows a bunch of PKers. I tell them I will kill the mobs in that room when they spawn and I am going to report them if they kill me. They're like ok. When mobs spawn, they "forgot" and killed the mobs. I said I needed them, they blamed me for being in a SZ instead of the small room. I said I dont want my *** to get squishied by them but I stepped a little closer. My venomancer "friend" 1 shotted me.

Sigh.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that is just flat out hilarious.

I find it sad, i started the petition to make pvp allowed there again based off of old memories, and instead i just get used for chi while afkb:cry

also i typed, the archer cash shopped +12 gear in 2009, not 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]