PVP in Secret Passage

Options

Comments

• OutReach_ - Archosaur
    OutReach_ - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    this may have been asked I can't be asked to read 28 pages...seriously...did they make it so when you die in SP you have to release to city? I know it was if you die you are auto sent to OT, if they didn't change it, how do you expect ppl to take a SS inside SP when you could just randomly drop dead and not even realize it it happened. b:shutup
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It's funny how they run after my barb and try to kill him...

Don't forget the topic guys!
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    also i typed, the archer cash shopped +12 gear in 2009, not 2012

I haven't seen the WCs scaring people out of SP. If the archer is who I'm thinking they are 2/3s of the server has them blacklisted for acting like an 8 year old all the time.

Also, if they're who I think they are with +12 gear from 2009, mostly tt99 and lunar event gear, they stopped being a threat in 2010 which is why they WC more than they play.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    It is still going on. New players in my faction have been hit multiple times by 2-3 particular players. Each time the pkers kill the new players a couple of times, then log out before someone can advise the new player on how to screenshot and report.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Two people from my faction have complained so far about being killed in SP. One was very upset because she was just trying to help someone else out with a boss and got killed more than once. I told her to SS but I have a feeling she didn't. The other it appears to have been a mistake, and the person apologized. But with high levels just tabbing and shooting we will probably have lots of "accidents," and if they don't change the automatic go to town function upon death in there that means a lot of lost experience for some people. They really should allow you to get a res in there if they are going to leave this as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Two people from my faction have complained so far about being killed in SP. One was very upset because she was just trying to help someone else out with a boss and got killed more than once. I told her to SS but I have a feeling she didn't. The other it appears to have been a mistake, and the person apologized. But with high levels just tabbing and shooting we will probably have lots of "accidents," and if they don't change the automatic go to town function upon death in there that means a lot of lost experience for some people. They really should allow you to get a res in there if they are going to leave this as it is.

Bolded isn't true. Any zones with that function are also areas where death doesn't result in an EXP penalty. And this is before taking into account that you lose no EXP for being killed by another player regardless.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Can ad to that a bit, I play on RT a pve server - In the faction i'm an officer in - ppl try to avoid sp - tho some ppl have quests in there - also ppl past low lvl - At some point doing Wraith Ploy quest line you gotta go in there and take out silver frost - went fairly ok for me and the squad only got pk'ed one time.
    Tho i know TB has weapon token quest going to quinzi and so on.

The thing I really don't get with ppl pk'ing in there - If the love pk so much, why not play on a pk server where players past lvl 30 is "legal prey" = no bans - no qq from low lvls - no qq from pk'ers who want to pk and so on. With that said, I kinda know i might be that simple - but just some thoughts :)
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Can ad to that a bit, I play on RT a pve server - In the faction i'm an officer in - ppl try to avoid sp - tho some ppl have quests in there - also ppl past low lvl - At some point doing Wraith Ploy quest line you gotta go in there and take out silver frost - went fairly ok for me and the squad only got pk'ed one time.
    Tho i know TB has weapon token quest going to quinzi and so on.

The thing I really don't get with ppl pk'ing in there - If the love pk so much, why not play on a pk server where players past lvl 30 is "legal prey" = no bans - no qq from low lvls - no qq from pk'ers who want to pk and so on. With that said, I kinda know i might be that simple - but just some thoughts :)

This is easy the Chinese Devs in charge do not understand that players over here may have been playing computer games since late 1970s~early 1980s and have chosen to play their games with a certain style after testing many types of game-play.

Also the system of top down governance in which most Chinese are used to living under makes the assumption that as an individual you cannot see the bigger picture, and therefore must be shown what is good for you, fun and what is not.

If anyone disagree's THINK about the SP decision Forced PvP on a PvE server.

Once again I will point out I chose a PvE server to avoid PvP.

I have other games I play for that purpose and in those games we all have access to the same gear from the start that way it is REALLY ABOUT SKILL and not gear.

I am an Australian, and in our society we pride ourselves with volunteering to do the dirty work and are proud of our ability to refuse to do things we are forced into without an absolute necessity.

Do not get me wrong I have great respect for the Chinese, the society who had a Pubic Service exam ~6000 years ago cool.

But nobody and nowhere is perfect.

I still think personally think that Forced PvP in SP is a very stupid idea as is seems to assume the majority of players are too stupid to know what they want when the player chooses a PvE server.

This is what leaves a bad taste in my mouth, that the Devs think we are actually that stupid. b:sadb:angry
    I will b:shutup now b:thanks
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I have also players in my fac that quit because of SP PKing and it makes me feel sad because my faction is my family and some of the players feel the same way.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Honestly it needs to be either completely free game or none at all, too many people have been banned from a single kill either off an aoe during a 1v1 or from someone just being really butthurt. I dont see how it qualifies as "harassment" from a single kill on another 100+ that's not helping someone on silver or something
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Honestly it needs to be either completely free game or none at all, too many people have been banned from a single kill either off an aoe during a 1v1 or from someone just being really butthurt. I dont see how it qualifies as "harassment" from a single kill on another 100+ that's not helping someone on silver or something

It's like the cube. If you want to fight one person go out of range of other people, if you hit by mistake someone with AOE Apologies in all chat and pm and SS it, with the person answer saying ''I'm sorry you got in my AOE, I didn't meant to hit you'' ans SS in case of problem to show it was a accident and that you apologies.

Or if there's people around don't AOE.

And obviously don't hit someone without ask if they are there for PVP.

More simple than that why people don't go in West and Silver pool?

I really don't understand why people go PVP there when there's already 2 other spots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Options
    well, for one bramble works in sp, not in other places. as well as no ga's needed, which is nice. shouldnt need to ask if they are there for pvp or not, if they are there to watch either sit in sz or way up in the air or something, no 100+ should be sitting around in the pk fest unless they are pking anyways

also, lol when whitenames on a pve server get killed in there and they arent there to pk. shouldnt matter cuz ur whitename = free game regardless.

as for the cube comment, dont need permission to pk in cube ppk enabled rooms, u can kill people in 48 just because and its part of the cube, always has been, regardless of their level or gear. so why should sp be any different as long as you arent farmkilling a like level 30?
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i dont really understand this so you are allowed to pk in some areas but onl if people want you to kill them? isnt that waht the duel option is for?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lenumero2
    lenumero2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    how to send the ticket when im on the support PAGE plssss D: i undertand NOTHING !

can i have the LINK for the SP pk ticket page pls pls :((
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    lenumero2 wrote: »
    how to send the ticket when im on the support PAGE plssss D: i undertand NOTHING !

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask

Click that and start filling out your ticket.

Edit: Hahaaa ninja'ed Venus =)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    lenumero2 wrote: »

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
    Under Category its Customer Support-->Report Violations--->Terms of Service Breach.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Bolded isn't true. Any zones with that function are also areas where death doesn't result in an EXP penalty. And this is before taking into account that you lose no EXP for being killed by another player regardless.

That's what I had thought in the past but I had two people report losing exp in there. I haven't personally tried it to test, just took their word on it (I think one had also died outside so she might have been mistaken on where she lost it though).

Has this situation been put on the back burner? Haven't heard anything about if they plan to revert it with the next content patch. It frustrates me when people tell me that they can't complete their chrono because someone killed them when they tried, and unfortunately it seems like 90% of the playerbase doesn't bother with/understand about ticketing. Or doesn't think it will accomplish anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Shaylamis - Raging Tide
    Shaylamis - Raging Tide Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    hmm first they banned pk there and now is allowed. sush... high levels love gank lowbies. why they will ask for the pkd guy allow them? they just hit and later say "sorry i didnt want hit u"

plz plz dont make me laugh with stupid rules, just ban pk there and make ppl go to the well know places to pk each other.
    That's what I had thought in the past but I had two people report losing exp in there. I haven't personally tried it to test, just took their word on it (I think one had also died outside so she might have been mistaken on where she lost it though).

Has this situation been put on the back burner? Haven't heard anything about if they plan to revert it with the next content patch. It frustrates me when people tell me that they can't complete their chrono because someone killed them when they tried, and unfortunately it seems like 90% of the playerbase doesn't bother with/understand about ticketing. Or doesn't think it will accomplish anything.

why we dont test that? im wondering the same if that happens there. if u agree send me a pm here, and ill will answer u with what char ill be there (i dont remember if i have any char in ur server) then we will post the results here. b:laugh
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Options
    another thing that needs pointing out.

whitename on pve server is by choice, and therefore by being whitename you give consent to be attacked by anyone else in pvp. so why is that different in sp? on pvp servers i can understand but on pve servers where its their choice to go white, how can they be whitename and then get people banned when they get pk'd in there?

also you can make people lose exp from it, just let a mob get the last hit on them so the game counts it as a pve death not a pvp death and therefore exp is lost XD

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I agree with this I AM FURIOUS THIS IS HANDLED POORLY stop banning PEOPLE! HOW DO we know some HATER wont go out and TAUNT ME and get me TO PK THEM AND GET SS AND REPORT FOR A 3 DAY BANN!!!!!?!?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I agree with this I AM FURIOUS THIS IS HANDLED POORLY stop banning PEOPLE! HOW DO we know some HATER wont go out and TAUNT ME and get me TO PK THEM AND GET SS AND REPORT FOR A 3 DAY BANN!!!!!?!?!?

It is called doing your own ss Elvenne....or do you think, as a high level OP player you are exempt from proving your side?

If you want to thank someone for you having to do this thank the high level **** bags that attack lower levels in there.
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

Avoid secret passage. Stone in. This only applies to secret passage PVP, not open world pvp. To be taunted, lured into secret passage, be pissed off enough to kill them, and let them take SS sounds pretty stupid to actually happen.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Sorry i cant help but agree with the ban because ive been that lowbie that was greifed to the point of wanting to retire and leave.. though the rule may seem weird asking for consent but it makes sense.. if you don't want to ask them then go some where else to fight..acidental killing i dont think somone should be banned for but when they are killing lowbies for the sake of killing lowbies and doing it over and over and over they are doing more then just pking somone they are griefing them and getting in the way of that player's quests wich is in fact a bannable offense in itself. if you ask and they say yes.. SS then when the gms come knocking because they get all butt hurt maybe the gms will 3 day bann them for lieing about it. but if you dont ask consent and you just run around killing them to kill them ...
    enjoy your holiday away..

though i think it would be more entertaining to have the gms place a bounty on their heads in world chat and watch all the high levels poor in and kill them instead but *shrug*

or toogle option the gms could give to make the lowbie industructable and an hour timed one hit whip of wonder that sucks away exp from the targeted pker and the pker can take their whiping or be banned lol
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wow. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I got wrecked in BH 29 just by standing there. I probably lost at least 3m's worth of gear in that place. Thank God I had all my important **** bound to me.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/2011-04-2322-45-00.jpg
    And that was about a year ago. (yes, i r server carebear)

But you know, that was okay--people expected it.
    During what I like to call the "Golden Age" or the Rising Tide expansion, when there were truckloads of people coming into the game, and you could still get a BH squad just by standing around and asking in SAY---SP took the place of the PvP arena that didn't (and still doesn't) exist in this game. And for a long time, the good chunk of the population enjoyed the challenge of combat in that tiny area. It was entertaining. It made you alert and aware...and hell, sometimes if you were lucky you could ask one of those high level PvPers to help you out in BH. And when you couldn't, you sucked it up and teleported in. No big deal.

I always thought that disabling PvP in SP was a silly idea. If you're on a PvP server, you're usually paranoid of every green dot that enters the airspace. If you're on a PvE server, if you die, you were stupid enough to go white--it's nobody's fault but yours for not paying any attention.
    Hardly anybody PvPs these days anyway in SP---hell, there's hardly any low levels to harass in there now. There's hardly low levels to harass anywhere. You have much, much better luck in Morai.

(PS: Tindie, friend me sometime. I would be happy to help you out.)
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It is called doing your own ss Elvenne....or do you think, as a high level OP player you are exempt from proving your side?

If you want to thank someone for you having to do this thank the high level **** bags that attack lower levels in there.

Stupid idea. Why should someone pking need to take an SS just to prove they were allowed to pk that person >.>

They should just disable PK in there and enable bramble on world map pk. Then we can all go pk outside of west like we're supposed to.
    PK outside west is dead thanks to PWI monopolising on charm sales, etc. Perhaps closing down the SP pk scene is just best for everyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Stupid idea. Why should someone pking need to take an SS just to prove they were allowed to pk that person >.>

They should just disable PK in there and enable bramble on world map pk. Then we can all go pk outside of west like we're supposed to.
    PK outside west is dead thanks to PWI monopolising on charm sales, etc. Perhaps closing down the SP pk scene is just best for everyone

Not so stupid idea actually Bhavin....next time try something constructive instead of insulting and I 'may' just listen to you.

If the lowbies are required to take ss then the ones pking should too. Failing the fact that they change the SP again to disallow these **** bags pking in there.

Either way I have had my say. I do not care what you think because you are of no importance to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'd rather just not take an SS. So yeah it's stupid. Are you blind? I wrote something constructive lol. Lrn2read
    And if you're going to call my by my full name then at least spell it right.
    I don't care if I'm important to you or not lol.
    What I think of myself is much more important
    than what you think of me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'd rather just not take an SS. So yeah it's stupid. Are you blind? I wrote something constructive lol. Lrn2read

watch out...your e-peen is showing...and I will call you what I want to.

Why do serious? I tell you what..you learn to communicate better and I will work on my reading and comprehension.

You first. (stupid pfft)

So easy to get you upset...shame - haha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    And if you're going to call my by my full name then at least spell it right.
    I don't care if I'm important to you or not lol.
    What I think of myself is much more important
    than what you think of me.

Sorry to say but the rule is for SP consent must be given regardless of whatever your feelings are on the matter .. if you are unwilling to take a SS to protect yourself you have nobody to blame but yourself.. go fight somewhere else..
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Sorry to say but the rule is for SP consent must be given regardless of whatever your feelings are on the matter .. if you are unwilling to take a SS to protect yourself you have nobody to blame but yourself.. go fight somewhere else..

+1 b:laugh Pretty stupid not to take ss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]