PVP in Secret Passage

Options

Comments

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Which is pretty much what i was saying tbh.
    PK should stay at west gate where you dont get reported/banned/need to take an SS. It really is a stupid idea to make a level 20-40 instance a pk arena lol and still stupid to say you need consent from a player who is standing in the secret passage entrance area who is quite clearly not in the quest level range of that area especially if they're white name.
    If you're scared of pking, dont go pk. If you dont want to be Pk'd dont go in a pk enabled area. Stick to duels.
    That being said, pkers - dont pk level 20-40 people who are trying to quest. It's sad boring and its pretty much as bad as alt killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Wow. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I got wrecked in BH 29 just by standing there. I probably lost at least 3m's worth of gear in that place. Thank God I had all my important **** bound to me.

But you know, that was okay--people expected it.
    During what I like to call the "Golden Age" or the Rising Tide expansion, when there were truckloads of people coming into the game, and you could still get a BH squad just by standing around and asking in SAY---SP took the place of the PvP arena that didn't (and still doesn't) exist in this game. And for a long time, the good chunk of the population enjoyed the challenge of combat in that tiny area. It was entertaining. It made you alert and aware...and hell, sometimes if you were lucky you could ask one of those high level PvPers to help you out in BH. And when you couldn't, you sucked it up and teleported in. No big deal.

I always thought that disabling PvP in SP was a silly idea. If you're on a PvP server, you're usually paranoid of every green dot that enters the airspace. If you're on a PvE server, if you die, you were stupid enough to go white--it's nobody's fault but yours for not paying any attention.
    Hardly anybody PvPs these days anyway in SP---hell, there's hardly any low levels to harass in there now. There's hardly low levels to harass anywhere. You have much, much better luck in Morai.

(PS: Tindie, friend me sometime. I would be happy to help you out.)
    i agree with most of that but .. they are arguing that people will abuse the rule.. but if they are following the rule then they can take a SS just fine with that players consent
    if they choose not to .. and then it comes back to bite them later its their own fault for not taking the time to protect themselves. there is more quests then just fb/bh29 in SP and why should pker be allowed to interfer with quest in SP when its just as banable for them to do so anywhere else?
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Even though SP is pk enabled, its still practically empty except on those rare pk fest occasions.

At least on sanctuary.

Everyone is too scared of getting banned. However most people don't realize that you can SS if someone killed you without consent.

Instead they world chat the name of the person and earn their spot on someones backlist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    i think SP should not be able PK area since low level ppl need to finish their culti in there like the current state right now. I mean if PWI wanna make SP able to PK, just let it for those who are in PK mode. But if that way, then only good for pve server because in pvp server, once u turn 30, u turn into pk mode whether u likes it or not.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I always thought that disabling PvP in SP was a silly idea. If you're on a PvP server, you're usually paranoid of every green dot that enters the airspace. If you're on a PvE server, if you die, you were stupid enough to go white--it's nobody's fault but yours for not paying any attention.

Well the problem here is not the people that are "stupid enough to go white," but the fact that blue names and low levels can be PKed. If they would just enable PK in SP to be for people in PK mode only I would certainly have no issue with it.

Or just put a freaking arena where there *aren't* bosses that people get quests for (or move the bosses outside).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ... just enable PK in SP to be for people in PK mode only I would certainly have no issue with it....
    This is how it was before the Dev's fugged up and PWE quit standing up for us. There wasn't any need for the rules regarding PK on the PvE servers. (There were reasons for a rule on the PvP servers because most everyone there is a ****.)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Going blue named and a PvE server was a choice I personally made and I find it extremely rude that I am expected to respect other players choices in this game but both the Devs and other selfish players are not expected to respect my personal choice of no PK.

Also relying on players to obey the rules is plain stupidity when you already know how much of a problem some players had not abusing the rules once the goon glitch was discovered.

Just change the rule so that it will be fair for those of us who play by the rules at least.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
    edited February 2013
    Options
    To quote Bella from the other post that got closed since we were told to go here (probably should have just merged it):
    When someone report they should require the person to have in track the quest he's doing, to avoid the nad that will go run in a AOE and report everyone and their mothers, if the person have no quest there, then they have nothing to do their and probably get kill by their own fault.

So you are saying that nobody is allowed to help with bosses now? Because those people would not have the quest in their list. Rather unfair to say that the level 70s have to now solo Silver Frost, I think.

And as to what was last said in that thread, about people being also able to send in tickets about false reports showing them apologizing etc., this opens up a whole other route of problems. An acquaintance of mine reported being killed in there the other day by some high level that was killing mobs. She quickly apologized. However, when this acquaintance went back inside, he stood by and watched and saw that said high level did the same thing to everyone that tried to go through. Apologizing "sincerely" to each one as though it had been an accident. So really, anyone who would ticket this person would get nowhere, since she could reply with a ticket saying see, it was a mistake..... when obviously she knew exactly what she was doing.

Luckily, at the moment there is not a lot of activity in there, but I do hear things now and then. Though if certain types of people catch on to this idea we might have more trouble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    And as to what was last said in that thread, about people being also able to send in tickets about false reports showing them apologizing etc., this opens up a whole other route of problems. An acquaintance of mine reported being killed in there the other day by some high level that was killing mobs. She quickly apologized. However, when this acquaintance went back inside, he stood by and watched and saw that said high level did the same thing to everyone that tried to go through. Apologizing "sincerely" to each one as though it had been an accident. So really, anyone who would ticket this person would get nowhere, since she could reply with a ticket saying see, it was a mistake..... when obviously she knew exactly what she was doing.

Luckily, at the moment there is not a lot of activity in there, but I do hear things now and then. Though if certain types of people catch on to this idea we might have more trouble.

I say ss every single time the said person does it and then explain what was going on in the ticket. I think if you have enough ss then I'm sure they'll look into it. Say roughly around 5-10. (doubt it but still)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey guys,

After speaking things over with the PWI Team, we've decided to allow PVP in Secret Passage.

That being said, please understand that there is still a zero tolerance policy for griefing. High level players killing low level players, or even just killing players who didn't consent to PVP - this is grounds for being banned.

I've spoken with the Support GMs, and they requested that I remind everyone to SCREENSHOT any incidents of PK griefing.

If someone kills you against your will, be sure that your screenshot is taken inside the Secret Passage, and includes the text that indicates who killed you. Then submit a ticket.

Griefers will be banned for a minimum of 3 days. Repeated offenses is grounds for permanent banning.

[Update]

Just so this is clear - we can and will modify this rule based on how players respond to the PVP in Secret Passage.

- Val

I never read this until now...but it's a complete joke.

PvP allowed...but only if they consent? So on a PvP server you have to ask a player their lvl, gear, and if they are ok with being PK'd otherwise you'll get banned...even though it's allowed.

Sensible.
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    watch out...your e-peen is showing...and I will call you what I want to.

Why do serious? I tell you what..you learn to communicate better and I will work on my reading and comprehension.

You first. (stupid pfft)

So easy to get you upset...shame - haha

Lol you always gotta be ANNOYING why are some BOYs/GIRLS (cuz idk what the heck you are)
    so ANNOYING!! You just replied MY comment to ANNOY ANNOY ANNOY. Stay away and stop acting like you have a R999+12 weapon up your BEHIND.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Both of you need to take your insults and argument somewhere else and stop derailing this thread. This is a serious issue and we don't need immaturity getting the thread closed.
    I say ss every single time the said person does it and then explain what was going on in the ticket. I think if you have enough ss then I'm sure they'll look into it. Say roughly around 5-10. (doubt it but still)
    Yeah I agree with that; unfortunately it wasn't me that witnessed this and 9/10 people I know never bother with SSing and tickets because they don't believe it helps. I was going to try and catch this person myself but was in BH, and when I got finished they had finally left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Annalyse - please take no notice of Elvenne.
    He is a known harasser on Raging tides and he has even been banned for this.
    It seems like that TWIT has not learned. He should be banned again. Dont worry - I will report him for you. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Annalyse - please take no notice of Elvenne.
    He is a known harasser on Raging tides and he has even been banned for this.
    It seems like that TWIT has not learned. He should be banned again. Dont worry - I will report him for you. b:laugh

She is very good looking woman, the one you are talking about, Bhavie. b:victory
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If someone kills you against your will, be sure that your screenshot is taken inside the Secret Passage, and includes the text that indicates who killed you. Then submit a ticket.l

Just got killed in here, twice. Both times I was immediately booted out of Secret Passage to Orchid Temple. There was no time to screenshot it inside SP. Is there any point in submitting the screenshot I took 5 seconds after which does have the damage I took from said player and the text "You were killed by playerXYZ" in the chatlog?

Just curious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Just got killed in here, twice. Both times I was immediately booted out of Secret Passage to Orchid Temple. There was no time to screenshot it inside SP. Is there any point in submitting the screenshot I took 5 seconds after which does have the damage I took from said player and the text "You were killed by playerXYZ" in the chatlog?

Just curious.

Yes, there is. Go send that in.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yeah I agree with that; unfortunately it wasn't me that witnessed this and 9/10 people I know never bother with SSing and tickets because they don't believe it helps. I was going to try and catch this person myself but was in BH, and when I got finished they had finally left.

Yeah that always seems to happen to me too b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitty58
    kitty58 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Of all the places to allow PK'ing why in a low lvl area?

If people want to PK then I think they should have to take the risk and PK in an area where all the others do. Not in a low lvl area.
    Most low lvl players are not going to agree to be killed when they know they can't win, what's the thrill of that?

A lot of the low lvl players don't know how to take a SS when they first start playing anyway.
    Why would anyone want to PK in there to begin with, all it does is make it crowded and laggy for people who are trying to do bh's and cultivation quests.

I think it was much better when PK'ing was outside not inside.
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Yes, there is. Go send that in.

According to your words any screenshot take in Orchid Temple with words "You were killed by blahblah" can ban a person, no matter if he violated rules or no.

@GenericBrand Seriously, level 101 cleric is going to ticket about getting killed in SP? If I were you I wouldn't even post it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quit.
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @GenericBrand Seriously, level 101 cleric is going to ticket about getting killed in SP? If I were you I wouldn't even post it here.
    I do not recall saying it was my cleric that was killed. Though, I suppose it is easier to assume everyone that is level 100+ does not have any low level characters they level the hard way with normal, non- BH/FC/PV/whatever quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I do not recall saying it was my cleric that was killed. Though, I suppose it is easier to assume everyone that is level 100+ does not have any low level characters they level the hard way with normal, non- BH/FC/PV/whatever quests.

You posted on this char without saying you were killed on a lowbie char. That was my conclusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quit.
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You posted on this char without saying you were killed on a lowbie char. That was my conclusion.

And what does it matter if it was his cleric, anyway? The last time I got killed in SP, it was on a 100+ char as I was helping with Silver Frost. Somebody one-shot me for 10k and I didn't even see them nearby.

Why should you not be upset about it if you are 100+? We have the right to be in there and not be pked too; somebody has to help with the bosses. Or do you just find it fail that some people do not PvP, and aren't as OP as the jerks in there that do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    And what does it matter if it was his cleric, anyway? The last time I got killed in SP, it was on a 100+ char as I was helping with Silver Frost. Somebody one-shot me for 10k and I didn't even see them nearby.

Why should you not be upset about it if you are 100+? We have the right to be in there and not be pked too; somebody has to help with the bosses. Or do you just find it fail that some people do not PvP, and aren't as OP as the jerks in there that do?

I find it possible to kite an offender being a cleric. A lot of people get killed after WS bh, but nobody QQs about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quit.
  • Hotsy_Totsy - Dreamweaver
    Hotsy_Totsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Man there are plenty of places to PK in so why in SP?

All this is doing is making it harder for the low lvls to get the help they need for their bh's and culti.
    This is causing in game contention between players when there is no need for it inside there.
    I think if a player, no matter what lvl they are should not be able to be PK'd unless they have their PK mode ON..
    I mean really, this is why people choose a none PK server don't ya think?
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Hey all, update on this issue (and posted on the first page.)

[Update]:

After further evaluation, we will be removing PVP from Secret Passage in our next major update. This decision was made after considering all the feedback from you guys. We'll do our best to make sure PVP remains off in Secret Passage moving forward.

For the time being, the rules as stated in the original post remain the same. Until PVP is actually removed from Secret Passage, only griefers will be punished for PKing.

Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for letting us know your concerns!

- Val
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

[Update]:

After further evaluation, we will be removing PVP from Secret Passage in our next major update. This decision was made after considering all the feedback from you guys. We'll do our best to make sure PVP remains off in Secret Passage moving forward.

For the time being, the rules as stated in the original post remain the same. Until PVP is actually removed from Secret Passage, only griefers will be punished for PKing.

- Val

On > Off. On > Off. On > Off.

Shame the development team and PWE can't make their minds up on what they want. b:surrender
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Nry - Lost City
    Nry - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options

[Update]:

- Val

You are very out of the loop, sir.

Lowbies and lowbie content either do not exist or are dead.

You guys are beating a dead horse that was already ground up and made into dog food.

That said, I will still PK in Secret Passage if it is not a safe zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] united we are to the unit of measuring the greatness!
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the update Val! It's good to know that a consensus has been met. b:pleased
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    Options

[Update]:

- Val
    All you have to do is look in /gamed/gs.conf, go down to [World_is02], and then change the line for "cid" so that it has "0,2,13" for the value.

That's all it takes.

And what's really stupid is that some moron can't check that before shooting the files over to our server. What's even more stupid is that they won't let the PWE Dev's take 5 seconds to fix it before starting the server.

And does anyone know why this required any freaking discussion AGAIN? I'm pretty sure our opinion was voiced fairly loudly the first time they screwed us over. There didn't need to be any discussion on it a second time, just an immediate fix applied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]