PVP in Secret Passage

Options
v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

After speaking things over with the PWI Team, we've decided to allow PVP in Secret Passage.

That being said, please understand that there is still a zero tolerance policy for griefing. High level players killing low level players, or even just killing players who didn't consent to PVP - this is grounds for being banned.

I've spoken with the Support GMs, and they requested that I remind everyone to SCREENSHOT any incidents of PK griefing.

If someone kills you against your will, be sure that your screenshot is taken inside the Secret Passage, and includes the text that indicates who killed you. Then submit a ticket.

Griefers will be banned for a minimum of 3 days. Repeated offenses is grounds for permanent banning.

[Update]

Just so this is clear - we can and will modify this rule based on how players respond to the PVP in Secret Passage.

[Update - Feb 22, 2013]

After further evaluation, we will be removing PVP from Secret Passage in our next major update. This decision was made after considering all the feedback from you guys. We'll do our best to make sure PVP remains off in Secret Passage moving forward.

For the time being, the rules as stated above remain the same. Until PVP is actually removed from Secret Passage, only griefers will be punished for PKing.

Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for letting us know your concerns!

- Val
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    cool

i forget though, is it safe pk ? or dangerous?

as in dropping gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You Guys deliberately are intent on game suicide I see.
    Way to encourage new players
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • v4liance
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You Guys deliberately are intent on game suicide I see.

I like what they're doing tbh... biggest economy stimulation ever b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    It's safe - no gear drop.
    You miss the point so I will vote with my feet and just leave the once PvE game I loved.

Just a suggestion you better get marketing to change your advertising before someone sues you, for dishonesty and wins.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'll ask the dumb question:

Say some player consents, and then when they get killed, state they didn't consent, and the only screen shots you see are the ones of them stating they didn't want to PK?

Essentially, you just asked a bunch of MMO gamers to play nice and be honest. I don't see how this is at all enforceable within any reason whatsoever.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You guys seriously underestimate how nasty people in this playerbase can be. And you guys keep letting offenders off with just a slap on the wrist. These are the same people who deliberately do it with the actual intention of getting temp banned. Then they come back into the game and show off the banning like a badge of honor, then go right back to doing the same thing again.

Despite how full proof you guys think your punishment program is, the truth is, it just plain sucks. If you guys continue to want to be spammed by incoherently written tickets by raging red eyed people, then by all means keep your system as is.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah... while I like the freedom and ability to PK there and am one of the people that wasn't originally a fan of the rule not to PK there (or at least, the reasons for it), this does open up potential for easy abuse.

Perhaps it should be PK between players that are also in PK mode is allowed. Basically, if you're white in there, it's fair game, but if you're blue then you're off limits.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you for answering my previous thread v4l
    a safe pvp zone is a great thing, as long as people dont abuse it
    i hope people will be able to restrain themselves enough in order to keep it this way until another solution can be found
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can see this being taken advantage of quite easily. Perhaps an ultimatum should be made:

If this feature is abused, it should be revoked.

I know I'm repeating myself here, but I'll say this again. I couldn't care less if people want some no risk pvp in good fun. Heck, go for it, find a corner, smack eachother all you want. I'll even watch, because I like watching pvp. But the second you poke someone that doesn't want to be poked and you don't stop...b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • m16wolfv
    m16wolfv Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So there wont be a fix anymore b:question
  • v4liance
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'll ask the dumb question:

Say some player consents, and then when they get killed, state they didn't consent, and the only screen shots you see are the ones of them stating they didn't want to PK?

Essentially, you just asked a bunch of MMO gamers to play nice and be honest. I don't see how this is at all enforceable within any reason whatsoever.

We can check player logs as needed to verify claims. False claims are also a punishable offense.
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    We can check player logs as needed to verify claims. False claims are also a punishable offense.

As long as this is done beforehand with any tickets instead of making the accused get a ban out of the blue and have to fight to prove their innocence, then. Otherwise, considering how many players can be ingame, the change will become far too open for widespread abuse.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Perhaps it should be PK between players that are also in PK mode is allowed. Basically, if you're white in there, it's fair game, but if you're blue then you're off limits.

Fully approve

Hey you! please change it as he says,its WAY better like that.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »

b:dirty Brilliant. So long as the no exp loss and no gear drop stays, this would still attract pvpers and everyone blue would be free to run around as they please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Why isn't this stickied o.o?
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:dirty Brilliant. So long as the no exp loss and no gear drop stays, this would still attract pvpers and everyone blue would be free to run around as they please.

many people view going white name as an inconvenience due to the forced 10 hours. so expand upon this ?

If white name your fair game, and if you are blue name but you announce yourself as fair game, your fair game
    :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What if someone doesn't approve,stays there,gets caught by an "accidental" aoe and dies?

Bah b:shutup
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What if someone doesn't approve,stays there,gets caught by an "accidental" aoe and dies?

It's not that accidental if it's in quotation marks, now is it? Let people through. Don't kill people without their consent. You should have nothing to worry about. If it's an actual accident, you can always apologize and let them know it was an accident. And let them through the next time, now can't you? And you can always screenshot your apology in case the person is spiteful and tickets against you anyway. This ruling is asking for courtesy for your fellow players.

edit: and that's not directed at you in specific.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not that accidental if it's in quotation marks, now is it? Let people through. Don't kill people without their consent. You should have nothing to worry about. If it's an actual accident, you can always apologize and let them know it was an accident. And let them through the next time, now can't you? And you can always screenshot your apology in case the person is spiteful and tickets against you anyway. This ruling is asking for courtesy for your fellow players.

edit: and that's not directed at you in specific.

No no no I mean if its been done on purpose? the "victim" purposely stays close to anyone which wants to get banned,you get what I mean?
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So u wont fix it anymore right ?
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options

Um, if they stand in aoe, its there fault.
    A foreign guild in Sanctuary Server is constantly following the midgeared pvp players who are white named and try to get lv 30 toons in pk with gear to be aoed, so they can run out of safe zone on a lv 100 toon and attempt to get a pk drop. "Accidently aoes" normally are far from that it seems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Asking for a proper arena its too much uh b:surrender
    Um, if they stand in aoe, its there fault.
    A foreign guild in Sanctuary Server is constantly following the midgeared pvp players who are white named and try to get lv 30 toons in pk with gear to be aoed, so they can run out of safe zone on a lv 100 toon and attempt to get a pk drop. "Accidently aoes" normally are far from that it seems

Based on "Hey you!" all it takes is to say"I don't wanna PvP QQ" and you're fine even if you get purposely in the middle of a fight.

Good luck proving you weren't "purposely" get in AOE ranges but just "accidentaly" passing by
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No no no I mean if its been done on purpose? the "victim" purposely stays close to anyone which wants to get banned,you get what I mean?

If you see someone doing that screenshot it. If someone is being abusive on either side, screenshot it. And let people through and don't PK someone without their consent. Hopefully everyone plays nice and respects one another. It'd be pretty easy to screenshot someone not moving when you ask them to do so.

edited November 2012
    Options
    If you see someone doing that screenshot it. If someone is being abusive on either side, screenshot it. And let people through and don't PK someone without their consent. Hopefully everyone plays nice and respects one another. It'd be pretty easy to screenshot someone not moving when you ask them to do so.

This what I fear, too many *insert bad word here* players can't wait to randomly cause mayhem by self-accusing each other as "payback" for some fault.

It can be a real mess, a GM dealing with both sides's screenshot, one accusing this the other accusing that....as I said,good luck figuring it out b:surrender
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This what I fear, too many *insert bad word here* players can't wait to randomly cause mayhem by self-accusing each other as "payback" for some fault.

It can be a real mess, a GM dealing with both sides's screenshot, one accusing this the other accusing that....as I said,good luck figuring it out b:surrender

As Hey, you! just pointed out, they have logs. We'll just have to wait and see how it all works out. b:cute

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I hope the playerbase takes this better than last time :o
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I hope reading logs is not like finding a GM in game.

It's not that I mind pkers, its just that there are A LOT of lower level quests in that dungeon. Make sure you ENFORCE the no pk of those that don't want to be PKed, preferable with a permanent ban, or at least a very long one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not that I mind pkers, its just that there are A LOT of lower level quests in that dungeon. Make sure you ENFORCE the no pk of those that don't want to be PKed, preferable with.a.permanent

In fairness, a large amount of them involve mobs that can also be found outside of the place. And by the time stuff like Chrono quests come around, you'll have help anyways or be established in the game enough to avoid most major issues.

This assumes you're not rushing through the levels since if you are, you can just skip the quests in there anyways.
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe you could make a PvE server without places like this? Anyone can enter PK mode on PvE servers and PK anywhere they want. Why does this "free PK area" in secret passage even exist? Maybe you could have an Arena or Blood Theater where people can PK if they want to? 3 years from now this same conversation will still be going on unresolved. If PWI was even considering fixing it it would have happened by now. If the players were going to behave in that area this would never have come up anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!