PVP in Secret Passage

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    All you have to do is look in /gamed/gs.conf, go down to [World_is02], and then change the line for "cid" so that it has "0,2,13" for the value.

That's all it takes.

And what's really stupid is that some moron can't check that before shooting the files over to our server. What's even more stupid is that they won't let the PWE Dev's take 5 seconds to fix it before starting the server.

And does anyone know why this required any freaking discussion AGAIN? I'm pretty sure our opinion was voiced fairly loudly the first time they screwed us over. There didn't need to be any discussion on it a second time, just an immediate fix applied.

The issue with what you have posted, is that you are using the brain's capacity for logical thought.

The other issue is PW China is apparently full of greedy idiots in that they give PWI no leeway in making the game more steak and potatoes for western gamers, but instead keep it Kung Pao chicken and fry lice.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    While I certainly appreciate the update ( and the SP will be changed back yet again ) it really should be a "no brainer" by this time that the players on PVE servers do NOT want pk in SP......we have been over this before, many times actually - no we still have not changed our minds and decided that it's now the coolest thing ever to be killed on lowbie alts by 100+ bullies or that we wanna fight off those same bullies on our higher toons while helping with Chrono culti on Silver. Please let this be the LAST TIME.
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The other issue is PW China is apparently full of greedy idiots in that they give PWI no leeway in making the game more steak and potatoes for western gamers, but instead keep it Kung Pao chicken and fry lice.

Steak and potatoes? Goodness, no. We get $25 hamburgers, $15 fries, and $50 drinks. If you want a straw that's an extra $20. Alternatively, you can pay $1 per sip. Quite the bargain!

Sorry, that came to mind when I read your analogy.
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • melbgirl
    melbgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I don't know what to say. It feels a times, useless, for the love of God take PK out of SP pleaseb:cry

Killed yet again by some high level in SP b:infuriated and if I manage not to get killed when I go there, my herc gets killed, so of course his loyalty is lowered.

I can appreciate, these individuals get bored and want to 'pick' on someone to amuse themselves, I can only guess at the mentality.

This is so annoying. I have three accounts with this game, I put real money onto all my accounts; maybe not thousands but a few hundred (addicted to fash b:surrender). Why am I paying money to receive this sort of treatment? I come home from work to relax but I can't when I am trying to go and kill Qingzi but can't make it into the instance.

What other players who have posted in this thread have said, I believe is true. This temporary banning just provides them with kudos to world chat about.

Thank you for your consideration of this on-going annoyance
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Not sure if this is true, but someome was asking on WC the other day how long anyone else had been banned for, for killing low levels. in SP, as they said their main acct was banned for 524160 minutes.

If this is true, one can hope others might think before they PK there, or think before they attack low levels.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The issue with what you have posted, is that you are using the brain's capacity for logical thought.

Yea... and just how many of you can afford the steak. Judging by the gears... most of you are barely getting by on leftover puppy chow.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What I don't get is they make a weekly PK event in 95+ only Morai and the player base yawns. But then a major lowbie questing spot becomes the favored PK palace. Doesn't make sense.

I've always felt that Cave of Sadistic Glee would be perfect for open PK. But I also think if they did that no one would go there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aoi_Kobura - Dreamweaver
    Aoi_Kobura - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

That's the best news so far that pvp will be taken out of SP. b:pleased

At least for levels 20 to 60, now they can do their quests in peace and not worried of being stabbed in the back, ESP those who even fly ard in SP looking for prey who park their toons there for a toilet break.b:shocked

As a crucial area for special quests like " Token of Seven" and other "Boss" challenge, for players advancing from 20 to 60 ...and players not in fraction trying to proceed in Culti ..every little bit helps.

High level players just wanted some cheap thrill in killing low level instead of helping them, that's such a shame.
    If coming back from 3 day ban is something to delight abt, I would have proposed minus ten level or have their refined gears or weapons confiscated piece by piece every time they get reported and see who still wanna do griefing .

But still that wouldn't're solve anything nor promote any game spirit.
    Best solution still will be having pvp outta SP forever, saving all complications as it doesn't serve any purpose nor promote game development.

Some did argued that there's no low levels these days so it's alright, that's ****!
    There's always new players, just at slower rate compare to when it started and also old players trying out new class.
    Plus why would they intro dream chaser packs if they are not actively promoting the game to new players to join , only to be killed and quit this game after hitting SP where the current high levels acting like mobs griefing everyone that crossed their path.b:shutup

Thanks for the new decision and hope it doesn't revert back ...for the good of all players , at least my ticketing didn't go to waste ! b:laugh

• Stassi - Dreamweaver
    Stassi - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I agree with making the Cave of Sadistic glee PK enabled. It's about as useful as a Cleric with a polehammer the way it is now. b:laugh
  • haywiz
    haywiz Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think everytime someone gets banned for violations of ToS,
    PWI should impose a HEFTY fine.

1st offense, any violation, 10,000,000 coins to get acct back.

everytime they violate terms of service thereafter, the fine AND ban time should be
    DOUBLED.

Hit them in the COINS they will stop.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What I don't get is they make a weekly PK event in 95+ only Morai and the player base yawns. But then a major lowbie questing spot becomes the favored PK palace. Doesn't make sense.

I've always felt that Cave of Sadistic Glee would be perfect for open PK. But I also think if they did that no one would go there.

Because to take part in the weekly Morai PK event, you have to enable PK mode. Secret Passage you can PK as a blue name and thus not fear dropping items.

But it is still stupid to make *any* zone that has quests into an open PK area (blue names included). That includes Sadistic Glee. There are at least three quests in there, as well as blue divines for mobs, and no PvE individual should be forced into PK because they want to complete their quests.

If they want this kind of area they have to make a separate arena for it. Not use quest zones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • GingerSprite - Sanctuary
    GingerSprite - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It is definitely NOT fun getting squished when you're trying to kill mobs for quests.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You can get killed everywhere, when you play on a PK server, so that option is out of the question.

When you not play on a PK server, its a nice have to PK ppl there, ofc you can just add a new area to the game, where players can crush their skulls like no tomorrow, but hey, we talk about PWI, where everything gets recycled countless times.

When you kill low lv ppl, who just wants to complete quests and you are way higher than them, you have some serious problems, when you feel good doing so b:bye
  • Jacierra - Heavens Tear
    Jacierra - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm disgusted by the PVPers in Secret Passage killing low levels! I just spent 45 mintes in there trying to help someone with their quest, and I was killed 5 times on my level 57 cleric! There were several clerics that were being targeted by a group of very high level barbarians. Way to go jerks! Hope you get banned for all the fun you had.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm disgusted by the PVPers in Secret Passage killing low levels! I just spent 45 mintes in there trying to help someone with their quest, and I was killed 5 times on my level 57 cleric! There were several clerics that were being targeted by a group of very high level barbarians. Way to go jerks! Hope you get banned for all the fun you had.

Hope you submitted screenshots/tickets for each one that killed you.

Only way to combat the morons

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hope you submitted screenshots/tickets for each one that killed you.

Only way to combat the morons

Funny thing is that they want you to make a screenshot after you got pked in sp. But when you get killed you wont lie on the floor; instead you will get ported out of sp instantly. No pic, no bann, no need to take action for them.
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I swear GMs have given up on this. They encourage it on the Sanctuary server now, after a GM made a game where you get 50 event gold if you kill him in SP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I swear GMs have given up on this. They encourage it on the Sanctuary server now, after a GM made a game where you get 50 event gold if you kill him in SP.
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey all, update on this issue (and posted on the first page.)

[Update]:

After further evaluation, we will be removing PVP from Secret Passage in our next major update. This decision was made after considering all the feedback from you guys. We'll do our best to make sure PVP remains off in Secret Passage moving forward.

For the time being, the rules as stated in the original post remain the same. Until PVP is actually removed from Secret Passage, only griefers will be punished for PKing.

Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for letting us know your concerns!

- Val
    Should read thread before posting and being the fool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    gyroki wrote: »
    Funny thing is that they want you to make a screenshot after you got pked in sp. But when you get killed you wont lie on the floor; instead you will get ported out of sp instantly. No pic, no bann, no need to take action for them.

No dmg log either or "You were killed by..."?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    No dmg log either or "You were killed by..."?

The damage-log isn't turned on automatically. A lot of newer players aren't going to know anything about some secret log of damages in the UI settings section. I myself didn't know about the damage log until like mid 09, and I started late 08.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Its...funny.
    PWE cant fix auto pvp flagging inside SP, so they just declare it legal to pvp in it. (And ofc, no one in pwe is going to care for tickets submitted regarding pk in there)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Not sure about you all, but I get instant tele'd if i die in sp. Kinda hard to get a ss when that happens and dmg log does not tell you where you were nor if the death was not in agreed pvp in there
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Not sure about you all, but I get instant tele'd if i die in sp. Kinda hard to get a ss when that happens and dmg log does not tell you where you were nor if the death was not in agreed pvp in there
    True, but taking a screenshot of the damage log, and submitting a ticket, will allow a GM to look at the data log for your character. The log will show where you were, what you were doing, and who killed you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    True, but taking a screenshot of the damage log, and submitting a ticket, will allow a GM to look at the data log for your character. The log will show where you were, what you were doing, and who killed you.

This is true, but there is a problem if you get 1 shot by a sin from stealth, since 90% of the time the damage is not recordedb:cry. But oh well, thats PW for youb:chuckle.
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This is true, but there is a problem if you get 1 shot by a sin from stealth, since 90% of the time the damage is not recordedb:cry. But oh well, thats PW for youb:chuckle.
    Not recorded on your end, but in the log files it will show who killed you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]