Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cannies and raps confirmed as tradable. Good game Nirvana.
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Was Fun playing with you all. GUess it's my final Good bye! and for the last time, **** this game . b:surrender b:bye b:bye b:bye
  • SobeSoul - Momaganon
    SobeSoul - Momaganon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This will deff ruin the market. our server just had this event, and me as a cleric got 130 tokens, which can make 650 Uncannys. Lots of my faction members got enough to make over 1k uncannys. 10k fee to make 5 uncannys/1 rap.

1 Token = 5 uncannys/1rap

Screws over us that farm to get our gears instead of spending money on a game!
    Morai - SobeSoul 103 Cleric
    Morai - Talise 102 Veno
    Raging Tide - Sunkist 101 Wiz
    Raging Tide - SaltyFish 103 Sin
    Dreamweaver - SobeSoul 96 Veno

My Rainbow Chicken & I are Awesome!! f:hehe
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    This will deff ruin the market. our server just had this event, and me as a cleric got 130 tokens, which can make 650 Uncannys. Lots of my faction members got enough to make over 1k uncannys. 10k fee to make 5 uncannys/1 rap.

1 Token = 5 uncannys/1rap

Screws over us that farm to get our gears instead of spending money on a game!

Did your team win or lose?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure how it will be on other servers, but the European servers just finished their Nation Wars. People are reporting thousands of canny and raps gained from this event. Did you guys seriously **** something up or what? People worked hard to get this stuff and now you're just handing it out like it's candy.

Way to ruin the game...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Honestly the only thing this makes harder to do is get R9 itself. Everything else, T3 Vana and R9R2 and by extension R3 are now FAR easier to obtain, provided you have R9 itself. Farming is officially dead, unless they implement something else that you can farm. Oh well.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This game is slowly dying, so PWE **** it up doesn't really matter now
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    That's how TT was done when nirvana/5aps was introduced as well. It's just the natural progression of video games. Anyway, the gms are looking into this. For now I'm going to move this to the existing thread about the issue.

• SobeSoul - Momaganon
    SobeSoul - Momaganon Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012

We LOST! and we got that many!
    Morai - SobeSoul 103 Cleric
    Morai - Talise 102 Veno
    Raging Tide - Sunkist 101 Wiz
    Raging Tide - SaltyFish 103 Sin
    Dreamweaver - SobeSoul 96 Veno

My Rainbow Chicken & I are Awesome!! f:hehe
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012

It doesn't matter if you win or lose, either way you get insane amounts of cannies and raps. My team lost, because I was unable to do much damage due to not being charmed and having no apo/pots I only managed 78 tokens. 78 tokens for very VERY little work. Other people on my team (we had the least amount of contribution or whatever, I forgot what it was called) got over 140 tokens. Someone on a winning team managed over 500.
  • Destiny_ - Heavens Tear
    Destiny_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cannies worth 20k, Raps worth 30k. Thats an awesome way to ruin an economy. Good job offically **** the game the WORST you've ever done PWI. I quit.

There is no point in playing a game where TT 60 costs more than 2nd Cast Nirvana gear.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cannies worth 20k, Raps worth 30k. Thats an awesome way to ruin an economy. Good job offically **** the game the WORST you've ever done PWI. I quit.

There is no point in playing a game where TT 60 costs more than 2nd Cast Nirvana gear.

*Does his happy dance*. Yay for the foresight to unload hundreds of rap/cannies yesterday.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If that's true and such amounts are gonna be made allover high and low...
    I doubt I'll even stick around another day b:chuckle
    Lol, caster nirvana is/was? the last bit of fun I had in this game.
    Atleast I acchieved my goal of farming r9, but that'll be the last I do if these
    tokens are being sent out tonight b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    It doesn't matter if you win or lose, either way you get insane amounts of cannies and raps. My team lost, because I was unable to do much damage due to not being charmed and having no apo/pots I only managed 78 tokens. 78 tokens for very VERY little work. Other people on my team (we had the least amount of contribution or whatever, I forgot what it was called) got over 140 tokens. Someone on a winning team managed over 500.

Interesting. Hmm. I can see this having a very bad effect on nirvana farming. On the other hand, I think I'm gonna dust off my sin and finally get those second cast daggers. Overall, I'm still gonna be neutral on this until I see if it's such a bad thing or not. I mean TT was also phased out of usefulness but I think the overall impact of that has been pretty neutral. Less income for farmers but more TT gear for everyone. And better gear standards as well. We'll see.

• beer1111
    beer1111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    GZ on ruining this game
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    Submariner - Lothranis Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TY for ruin the game

and btw, how do i get my forum avatar fixed?
    b:angry
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Oh yes, and for those that never thought of being able to get into PK. Now is the time you guys can if the thing holding you back was gear entry. If nirvana becomes cheap to get, g16 nirvana won't be as big a deal. And g16 is definitely competitive with rank 9. Rank 9 can upgrade casts easier with the cheaper costs too, I imagine. I guess time will tell if this is horrible or not.

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sweet. I cannot wait to do Nation Wars on my R8 archer. Looks like I'm about to nirvy my gear within a week or two!
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Oh yes, and for those that never thought of being able to get into PK. Now is the time you guys can if the thing holding you back was gear entry. If nirvana becomes cheap to get, g16 nirvana won't be as big a deal. And g16 is definitely competitive with rank 9. Rank 9 can upgrade casts easier with the cheaper costs too, I imagine. I guess time will tell if this is horrible or not.

Horrible or not???
    HORRIBLE OR NOT???

i spent millions to get my pants and daggers for what?
    for see now people getting this basicly free?
    This is horrible, there is no NOT in here... worse than a private server

and i want to know how to fix my forum avatar
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It might be fun to look on the bright side. But you have to realize that having r9 or g16 doesn't mean ****. It is the refines that counts... and those STILL cost money (last time I checked). My +12 r8 can easily out gun the run of the mill r9. My +12 r9 can easily wipe 80% of the r9s out there. Just wait until you have the power of +12 3rd cast r9 raining down on g16 bums.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Interesting. Hmm. I can see this having a very bad effect on nirvana farming. On the other hand, I think I'm gonna dust off my sin and finally get those second cast daggers. Overall, I'm still gonna be neutral on this until I see if it's such a bad thing or not. I mean TT was also phased out of usefulness but I think the overall impact of that has been pretty neutral. Less income for farmers but more TT gear for everyone. And better gear standards as well. We'll see.

How can you stay neutral on this and not see it's a bad thing? They ruined the game. People just got in a matter of 2 hours what others have spent week/months/years(possibly) farming and saving for. How is that even remotely fair and balanced?

What they need to do is a server reroll to the time of the last update. remove all the free gear they just handed out and fix the damn system.

They never should have added Raps and Uncanny to the list of possible rewards. It should have been Summerwind tokens for R9 2nd cast. Whoever the genius is that added those to our game is a moron and needs some common sense slapped into him.
  • Destiny_ - Heavens Tear
    Destiny_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're basically saying this is now like a Private server where once you're 100 pick what gear you want and you can have it for chump change.

Gone are the days when it took time and effort and skill to put together a gear set now you can just just power leveled, throw some G16 gear on and jump into the PK action with the rest of the noobs who never learned how to play their class. Sounds great. At least the noobs will be happy.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Horrible or not???
    HORRIBLE OR NOT???

Do you know what people spent on R8 before R9 came out?

Seriously. Do you honestly think this is the first time something like this has happened?

Wake up people. Games change, the dynamics change all the time. Change with it, or be left in the dust QQ'ing.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Submariner - Lothranis
    edited November 2012

Seriously. Do you honestly think this is the first time something like this has happened?

Wake up people. Games change, the dynamics change all the time. Change with it, or be left in the dust QQ'ing.

my sin was full R8 before he goes to vana.
    i have even the rep for R9
    so ****
  • BlackCalla - Lothranis
    BlackCalla - Lothranis Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1 NW token + 10k = 5 uncannies
    1 NW token + 10k = 1 rap
    R8R stuff is mega cheap too
    I got 150 NW tokens and i was on the loosing side.

Caster nirvana was the only way for me as a caster to farm money. I already quit once before cause i didnt have a way to farm money as caster and then they came out with Caster Nirvana... i hope thy can give us something new.
    R9 2nd cast will be easy to get now... but how am i gonna farm enough money to get the R9? And all the people who farmed and payed a lot for their NV recast stuff and R8R stuff feel pretty .. youknow... too.

I think MANY people are quitting the game now.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    It might be fun to look on the bright side. But you have to realize that having r9 or g16 doesn't mean ****. It is the refines that counts... and those STILL cost money (last time I checked). My +12 r8 can easily out gun the run of the mill r9. My +12 r9 can easily wipe 80% of the r9s out there. Just wait until you have the power of +12 3rd cast r9 raining down on g16 bums.

This is very true. But still, if all the money previously spent on gear is going towards refines. Gear standards should still improve. That's what happened with TT. Besides, with g16 easy to obtain you won't need to spend or save money on gear anymore. All of that can go into refines. If you have like 300 mil to spend on refines as opposed to gear, you'll do a bit better on that end. And even though some people will always dominate with the best gear, you're probably still gonna find a lot more people in g16 still willing to try it out. Or maybe they'll just get rolled, and it will go back to the same standards but with better pve gear. Who knows. Time will tell.

This. It happened with Rank 8, it happened with TT. As the game evolved so will the gear standard. Those who get the best gear should always keep in mind that the advantage over other players will not last forever.

• Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012

Your logic makes no sense. Yes games change, but this is too drastic of a change. You go from having an instance where you can farm drops and sell them for a reasonable amount of coin to having them be essentially worthless.

Sure, TT prices dropped significantly but at least those drops are now worth something.

With this update they killed 2 "End Game" events...Nirvana and Trials. Everything is so easy to get now that it's ridiculous.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good job, good job PWI brainless F%#@& all hard work to obtain gear before down the drain, now people will get it without any effort whatsoever, dunno how long I will stick around this company makes me sick and if people really are unsatisfied, and i bloody well believe they are, then stop charging zen and stop feeding their pockets.

PWI has officially become like a common private server, next expansion you will reach lvl 100 as soon as you create a character!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Horrible or not???
    HORRIBLE OR NOT???

That's just how games work. Gear comes out, it's expensive, price drops as time goes by. Granted this is an extreme example, but prices were already at around half of what they were previously before this.

This is only bad if you're trying to farm R9. TT99 and all TT gear before it is relatively easy to farm. Nirvana is now extremely easy to obtain, as are Summerwind Tokens for R9 recast. The only thing that is more difficult now is farming R9 itself, while everything else is now several times easier. R9 is now only an achievement that serious merchants (and with economy screwed up good luck to them) and cash shoppers. It's both a good and bad update. The bad being that we now have an effed up canny/rap economy, the good being that all gear aside from R9 is now much easier to obtain.
  • HyperNoob - Sanctuary
    HyperNoob - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:surrender pwi pwi.........at least put in a reasonable fee to craft raptures and uncs.
    10K dont make me laugh b:laugh