Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012

i dunno, i think ppl are just shocked at the changes because they are significant ones. many people who have created a comfort zone where they can exploit the current system to their benefit, just dont like any change that effects this comfort. the changes favor free-players a bit more (while still not giving away cash gear) than cash shoppers. it also adds some variety to farming, and more exp all around pushing ppl to endgame quicker might de-emphasize FCC.

so basically they widened the gap between free player and cash shoppa by shooting the farming grinders in the foot while feeding them candy (you can farm non r9 easier now but getting to the 1.5bil will be harder unless you power merch)

Agreed. This is exactly what they did.

I think it is a good move on PWE's part to include Raptures and Uncannies in the rewards system. This game's population has been steadily decreasing, due to the lack of opportunity there is to quickly be at the same level as R9's. Farming Nirvy for months on end (for the casual player) is frustrating, especially when you see so many R9's running around who just bought it.

Those who play this game that do have a life, a job, kids, a husband/wife...they need a better avenue to compete with the cs'ers. This is that avenue.

I applaud PWE for this, and implore them to please do not consider changing it. If you do, just make the raptures and uncannies bound to your character, and no more.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I think it is a good move on PWE's part to include Raptures and Uncannies in the rewards system. This game's population has been steadily decreasing, due to the lack of opportunity there is to quickly be at the same level as R9's. Farming Nirvy for months on end (for the casual player) is frustrating, especially when you see so many R9's running around who just bought it.

Those who play this game that do have a life, a job, kids, a husband/wife...they need a better avenue to compete with the cs'ers. This is that avenue.

I applaud PWE for this, and implore them to please do not consider changing it. If you do, just make the raptures and uncannies bound to your character, and no more.

Agree 100%
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I would have to agree with this as well.
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Deja Vu

Same comments every time an update happens. It wouldn't be a loss if you left the game. For every one person that leaves, 2-3 join. Same ole same ole. No one is gonna boycott the game hahahaha. I love when people make comments like that. If you plan on boycotting, go for it. You'll never get enough people to follow you. People will always play the game and people will always put money in this game. Everytime an update happens, there's always a select few that are unhappy. No one forces you to play the game. There's plenty of other games you can play on or read a book. I guarantee, your still gonna play and when the next update happens, you'll be right back again saying the same thing, as will many other people. If your unhappy with the game.....leave, it's simple.

You sum up everything that is wrong with the playerbase. Nobody is willing to say enough is enough. You gladly bend over and take it from PW will no complaints . And ive been here almost four years and never have i seen the game so dead. Go look in the low lvl areas and it looks like a ghost town. Hopefully more people will get there head out of there a$$es and complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
    edited November 2012
    You sum up everything that is wrong with the playerbase. Nobody is willing to say enough is enough. You gladly bend over and take it from PW will no complaints . And ive been here almost four years and never have i seen the game so dead. Go look in the low lvl areas and it looks like a ghost town. Hopefully more people will get there head out of there a$$es and complain.

4 years and you still playing. Probably complaining since the first patch hit pwi and a change happened. i'm sure every time a patch or update is done, your right there saying "The game is gonna die cuz of this, I'm done with this game". It wouldn't be a shocker at all, and yet your still here. One person leaving pwi is not gonna be a game changer.

If changes are not made, people would complain that the game is boring and hasn't had an update. But yet when changes are made, people complain changes are made. Get used to it, your complaints are not gonna stop pwi from making changes and adding updates.

You must be one of those people that have a daily routine and never changes it. Your closet probably has 20 of the same color shirts, same color pants, and 20 of the same bow ties. God forbid you run out of prune juice. Get used to change, it's gonna happen whether you like it or not.

The only time I say enough is enough, is when I have to read posts of people constantly complaining about changes and how the game is going down the drain. you said it yourself, 4 years, your still here. How many changes have been made in 4 years?

I enjoy change. I quest, I do instances, I farm, and I also put money in the game. It's a game. It's entertainment. If you don't find it to be adequite entertainment for you, no one can stop you from leaving. I'll even help, if you need some.
    edited November 2012

By the way. After 4 years, you shouldn't still be worrying about low lvl areas. You should be doing high lvl stuff. Let the lower lvl's decide whether they want to plvl or quest. Everyone has a choice to go a direction. This is called freedom of choice.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    4 years and you still playing. Probably complaining since the first patch hit pwi and a change happened. i'm sure every time a patch or update is done, your right there saying "The game is gonna die cuz of this, I'm done with this game". It wouldn't be a shocker at all, and yet your still here. One person leaving pwi is not gonna be a game changer.

If changes are not made, people would complain that the game is boring and hasn't had an update. But yet when changes are made, people complain changes are made. Get used to it, your complaints are not gonna stop pwi from making changes and adding updates.

You must be one of those people that have a daily routine and never changes it. Your closet probably has 20 of the same color shirts, same color pants, and 20 of the same bow ties. God forbid you run out of prune juice. Get used to change, it's gonna happen whether you like it or not.

The only time I say enough is enough, is when I have to read posts of people constantly complaining about changes and how the game is going down the drain. you said it yourself, 4 years, your still here. How many changes have been made in 4 years?

I enjoy change. I quest, I do instances, I farm, and I also put money in the game. It's a game. It's entertainment. If you don't find it to be adequite entertainment for you, no can stop you from leaving. I'll even help, if you need some.

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Ones that don't even hold any relevance in this discussion.

Instead of assuming he has a favorite shirt color, I'd suggest making an actual argument as to why this change is good. Changes are always debated, and you are the one who will have to get used to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well if that happens & Nirvana is shut down, it would prove that PWE doesn't care about PvE players and is pushing more & more towards PvP & Nation Wars, as how are PvE players that don't, or don't get the chance to, play Nation wars supposed to be able to obtain cannies/Raps other than buying them or doing Nirvy runs?

+1

PvE players get shafted again if all of this is true. I don't care if PWCN is all PvP, they really need to start thinking about our version and edit patches to suit it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited November 2012
    Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Ones that don't even hold any relevance in this discussion.

Instead of assuming he has a favorite shirt color, I'd suggest making an actual argument as to why this change is good. Changes are always debated, and you are the one who will have to get used to it.

True, but I like the changes. I want to recast my R9. I'm wanting to try Nation Wars. It's a chance to try something new. I'm even going to go on my lower lvl toons and try the new quests, why not. I would leave if changes were NOT made on this game. The game economy is not gonna change. it's not gonna die. No one is gonna boycott. Other games are adding updates and to keep up with the Jones's, pwi has to make changes too. Nation Wars is tonight, first time ever on our server. How can there be complaints about something new before people have even tried it.

It's the same with pack sales. pwi has pack sales, which are chance items. If you opened 100 packs and got nothing but tokens, complained that you got screwed, the next time pwi has a new pack on sale, don't buy it. Save your money for something else in the game, especially if you don't actually put money in the game and just farm for gold. Don't go and buy packs again if you know your going to get screwed. If you feel pwi has screwed you cuz of updates, don't play. Find a new form of entertainment...read a book.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    asterelle is right, nirvana is a crappy instance, its boring, small, tailored for a couple classes, and having the most used endgame content be a 4-10 minute instance is ****.

being rid of it, or downplaying its significance is a step in the right direction i think. However, removing it as the primary coin farming instance without putting in an adequate replacement is a bad idea, as there is no real viable alternative. and the coin supply in the economy is so high without a decent sink to take it out, it will remain high, and without a method of coin farming available, the PVE population will decline once they realize there is nothing they can do to even attempt to compete with CSers, its hard enough as it is now.

TL:DR killing nirvana is good, but killing coin farming is bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1

PvE players get shafted again if all of this is true. I don't care if PWCN is all PvP, they really need to start thinking about our version and edit patches to suit it.

Nirvana will not get shut down. The amount of crystals needed surpasses the amount gained weekly from Nation Wars. Relax. The PvE crowd will get to keep their instance, and the PvP crowd gets another shot to entertain themselves, while also getting rap's and cannies as a reward.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    asterelle is right, nirvana is a crappy instance, its boring, small, tailored for a couple classes, and having the most used endgame content be a 4-10 minute instance is ****.

being rid of it, or downplaying its significance is a step in the right direction i think. However, removing it as the primary coin farming instance without putting in an adequate replacement is a bad idea, as there is no real viable alternative. and the coin supply in the economy is so high without a decent sink to take it out, it will remain high, and without a method of coin farming available, the PVE population will decline once they realize there is nothing they can do to even attempt to compete with CSers, its hard enough as it is now.

TL:DR killing nirvana is good, but killing coin farming is bad.
    Originally Posted by Nahktuul - Archosaur

I think these two quotes speak the truth and I very much agree with them.
    Also, if Uncannies and Raptures would end up being bound it would be nice if they could still be used with the unbound ones.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm in agreement with many of the other posters here. Increasing the availability of raps/cannies along with r8 recast mats is a step in the right direction. Hopefully this makes R8 recast and G16 the new r8. R9 third cast is insanely powerful but the difference between G16 and third cast r9 isn't as bad as the difference between r9 and nirvana used to be.

We really need some good instances to farm though. Most of the new ones are full of untradeable mats or a small chance at something good you can sell. I'm betting 3-x TT is gonna become much more popular until that market floods with mats even more than it is now. At least make the basic badges for G16 tradeable so we have SOMETHING that farmers can make coin off of.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • sheepus
    sheepus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Typical PW BS , You already have tons of people leaving the game as is. If Nirv gets screwed over i see no reason to play. Personally i saw this coming a year ago that's why i stopped charging. Im not supporting a game that has done nothing but **** there player base over and over. Mind you im sure there's some ****** still willing to charge gold. If Nirvana gets screwed i hope us players boycott this game.

Due to me seeing sooooooooo many of these QQ posts i feel that i must put in my opinion on this issue....

First of all 99% of what you are saying is based on presumptions that we are getting like 500 tokens per NW... are you guys a bit insane? They changed the amount of coins needed to get raps/cannies in this version of pw, in CN it is a lot more coins to get them. So they will change the amount of coins needed for this pw to fit into our economy.

Secondly, why will this ruin the game? As i see it yes pwi has implemented a way for people who don't farm nirvana and the lower levels a chance to save for their upcoming gear once they hit 100. Nirvana stage 3 weapons are a little bit less damage compared to 3rd cast rank 9 yes, but they will still be able to compete with them. I know this due to playing on private servers where it is exactly the same here, so don't start this "we will have to buy r9" ****. If you wanna be the best yes you have to get the best and thats never cheap, which will involve saving coins for raps/cans or farm them, or both.

Third point, why i think this is a great move for Pwi. Around 60-70% of servers are not r9 so this will allow more people to gain the opportunity to feel the wrath of end game gear and also end game events such as Tw and the new Nw. This is going to mean that Tw is going to get more interesting with more players with similar gear to each other which means it's going to be more fun(more on skill not gearb:victory).

Fourth point, it will ruin Nirvana? Imo this is the best statement in the world. Nirvana is the worst dungeon in the world, 5 minutes to run and boring as ****. It's run by 5aps noobs so i will be glad to see this gone. On a less personal view, yes it might ruin doing nirvana if the coins gain is high from the NW but it may give everyone (including you noob 5aps'ers) a chance to do something else xD If Nirvana dies then TT and Lunar will go up so you will have others to farm :)

Just my thoughts on it \o/ b:victory
  • perfectj3#7350
    perfectj3#7350 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And the only way to get supply tokens is to have super epic gear to kill other pkers with super epic gear. No life or CS FTW?! b:bye
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And the only way to get supply tokens is to have super epic gear to kill other pkers with super epic gear. No life or CS FTW?! b:bye

where did you get that information from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012

According to the NPC that explains the new war system, everyone gets a reward. So lower geared people will get something - though, for obvious reasons, it'll most likely be much much less than what better geared people will get, because these will probably fare better in those wars.
    edited November 2012
    According to the NPC that explains the new war system, everyone gets a reward. So lower geared people will get something - though, for obvious reasons, it'll most likely be much much less than what better geared people will get, because these will probably fare better in those wars.

I have a feeling there will be Nation War instances for several lvl's similar to PV. This way everyone has a fair fighting chance.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a feeling there will be Nation War instances for several lvl's similar to PV. This way everyone has a fair fighting chance.

I see it as an experiment to see how many pre-100 I can kill with a single arrow. It will be harder then it looks... since I have to herd them in to a confined space first.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Um... nope.

Everyone's going to be playing together. Lower levels will merely be given a buff to even the odds a little.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18066641#post18066641

Players Lv60-99 will be granted bonuses by speaking to Overseers Moonshine or Sunmark within Nation Wars to gain a competitive edge against higher-leveled players.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I see it as an experiment to see how many pre-100 I can kill with a single arrow.

Yea, me too. b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited November 2012
    this is probably the trailer we should have gotten on our release. instead we got ships and harpoon throwing ladies lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQVvwZkfEaY
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sure caster and aps will feel this the most but barb are really screwed with nv.

sure some ppl love to grab a barb for nv for devour but there so few as in one in tree days.

so for me if nv is just to cater 5aps and caster let it DIE b:laugh.

maybe ppl will do lunar now even i belive it sell for more then tt and more full ws.

ooh you guys think we will see a much much less population of sin now with nv dying.

i want more caster in pw b:shocked
    edited November 2012
    NW just ended on the European servers.

According to Zanryu - Lothranis:

Friend had a low score and got 78 tokens. Another person in his squad got 146 tokens.

Somebody has also reported getting 580 tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Declan - Dreamweaver
    Declan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    were they able to get unc/raps?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Friend had a low score and got 78 tokens. Another person in his squad got 146 tokens.

Gee thanks for crediting the person who gave you the info. Also, I heard another person got 580.
    edited November 2012
    were they able to get unc/raps?

The tokens will not actually be sent out until 0:00 server time. However, at the end of Nation War it tells you how many tokens you have earned.
    Gee thanks for crediting the person who gave you the info. Also, I heard another person got 580.

As if people would still believe me if I told them I got my information from you b:scorn

But, if you want me to... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012

WOW what we needed, NIRVANA IS OFFICIALLY DEAD!!
  • Untamed - Lothranis
    Untamed - Lothranis Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ehh i just did the NW on my 101 on lothranis , got mail saying 'score too low , you don't receive a reward'
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just got 139 raps for 10k each