Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Missed this earlier. But actually, they wouldnt lose money, they`d force everybody who wants to be competitive to go R9 as free 2nd cast and farmable 3rd cast are just lightyears away in power compared to N3.

^This.

Sigh. Should not have third cast Nirv'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    U guys are not even thinking though. Compare the cost of r9 full set and nirvana 3rd cast. And N3 is slightly better than r9? So do u want player base to pay 'approx 6.75 bil' for r9r just for 10 more attk lvl and slightly better stats? YEAH OK. I'm glad this new system came now i can pretty much get r9r easily and then r9rr b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good riddance to Nirvana. It's the worst designed instance in the game.
    Right now the game is way to Nirv centric which means everyone needs to be a BM or sin to farm. Other instances like warsong and AEU are much better.

Seriously what kind of a game has its end game content last 4 minutes? It's beyond stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Good riddance to Nirvana. It's the worst designed instance in the game.
    Right now the game is way to Nirv centric which means everyone needs to be a BM or sin to farm. Other instances like warsong and AEU are much better.

^
    Now people can also stop QQing about sins only spamming nirvana together during 2x. I hated nirvana instance so much, it was the only thing everyone did during 2x
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    U guys are not even thinking though. Compare the cost of r9 full set and nirvana 3rd cast. And N3 is slightly better than r9? So do u want player base to pay 'approx 6.75 bil' for r9r just fot 10 more attk lvl and slightly better stats? YEAH OK. I'm glad this new system came now i can pretty much get r9r easily and then r9rr b:dirty

Indeed. I'd say the gap between the new R9 and S3 Nirvana is a lot smaller than the gap between normal R9 and R8.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Positive thing with this actually is that f2p players get momentary power boos compared to high CSers who are now recasting and likely losing gems/refines for while. And while R93rd cast is miles ahead of N3, N3 is by no means a trash set. I`d call difference between full N3 and full R93rd cast less than R8 vs R9.

Even though I do play sin mostly for farming, I kinda am glad we`re getting rid of nirvy. I wish they`d redo it though and give us a reason for keys.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The issue is that it kills nirvana farming and that was about hte last farming method of making money. Now the game will be a merchantig only game for money.

Why in the world would any cash shopper ever sell gold for coins now? Good luck getting gems and dragon orbs with anything that is available in game without spending money. The days of getting those for free are perhaps coming to an end.

This will benefit cash shoppers way too much.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    The issue is that it kills nirvana farming and that was about hte last farming method of making money. Now the game will be a merchantig only game for money.

Why in the world would any cash shopper ever sell gold for coins now? Good luck getting gems and dragon orbs with anything that is available in game without spending money. The days of getting those for free are perhaps coming to an end.

This will benefit cash shoppers way too much.

Correction: Nirvana farming was only beneficial for '5.0 class'. This actually bring more balance and play style to the game and not brain wash people to only spam nirvana madly on a 5.0 character all day. [aka doing warsong, lunar, aeu and other instances to gear up where squad of 6 x 5.0 isn't a factor]

Not to mention nirvana is not even that good money anymore, I remember spamming it on my 5.0 sin and barely making much anymore.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Correction: Nirvana farming was only beneficial for '5.0 class'. This actually bring more balance and play style to the game and not brain wash people to only spam nirvana madly on a 5.0 character all day. [aka doing warsong, lunar, aeu and other instances to gear up where squad of 6 x 5.0 isn't a factor]

Not to mention nirvana is not even that good money anymore, I remember spamming it on my 5.0 sin and barely making much anymore.

there's caster nv. ijs last 2x i made around 200m+ only from caster nv. this is better coin making than if i were to spam nv on my demon hf 5.0 bm.

if this is nerfed it would only be a 5.0 aps sin/bm game because TTs no sin or bm would take a cleric or veno anymore because they can charm themselves.

you can forget "farming" in rb 3hrs lol. and ws wouldnt be useful anymore bc of the new r9rr

edit: but i am pacient so I will wait and see
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Correction: Nirvana farming was only beneficial for '5.0 class'.

And casters.

But yeah, I agree with you that nirvana was boring. The thing is: every new thing they make worth of farming seems to be untradeable - imagine how nice it would be to be able to actually sell badges or G16 molds from warsong, other than just the essences.

The same happened to most R8 mats (can't get the oricalcums ores from trials anymore, only that pack that, upon openning, may give you bound oricalcum/hapatizon/stuff like that, with only the cheaper mats tradeable.

They make farming mandatory, and, more importantly, they make it mandatory on one account only. I have some badges spread on both accounts, but can't finish my last G16 gear because I have to farm it all on one account only. I have R8 mats on my sin that I can't use to make my cleric's weapon.

If they wanted to make more instances worth farming, they should make the nem mats tradeable. Instead, they're taking away the one instance worth farming (either in caster or regular mode) and giving nothing back.

Unless those new mats are tradeable, which would be great. But still wouldn't make up for a decent farming instance, since it's scheduled for two days a week for 2 hours each day, which means not
    all the playerbase will be able to profit from it.

(I know lots of people will come saying that "OH BUT THEN CASH SHOPPERS WOULD HAVE IT TOO EASY". Idc. Merchants are having a REALLY hard time as it is).
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Idk how it was still beneficial to casters. It was only when you could exploite that talisman glitch and not lose your talisman then spam it all day.
  • Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide
    Sweet_Desire - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Well I have to correct you now. This screwed casters really bad as well. Nirvana was the only good source of in-game income I had. Last double drops I farmed over 500m only by doing casters Nirvana, and that helped me to keep up with the gear. So please don't come saying it was only beneficial for "5.0 class".

I think now with this, PWI is screwed even more.

Idk how it was still beneficial to casters. It was only when you could exploite that talisman glitch and not lose your talisman then spam it all day.

Don't forget you get talismans from Corona now.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Honestly I don't think those supply tokens will rain from the sky enough to
    ruin the market.

Those necklaces, tomes and other things are supposed to be 'hard' to farm.
    Making one war give a participant 100-500 of those supply tokens would be
    too dumb to even exist as it 'only' from what I see ingame, takes 500 + 40x40
    of them to make the dominator tome. Specially if tradable, it would make it
    all too easy for some people.

I rather see it becoming a 1m+ per ingame item that can be sold and gained personally in lower quantities, than a flooded one that ruins the whole nirvana aspect + gains people OP gears with minimal effort if they're already at the r9 stage.

Rather a semi reachable goal with alot of time and effort, than a whole new lvl
    of OPd game player base. As I'm too lazy to find out the quantities of what u get ingame (if there even is such info yet) I have yet to see the OPs screeny option exist ingame, maybe I'm blind..but saying i'd assume 1 token can give u 1 rap/5 cans..it would just make the item equal to the price of what raps are ingame atm. Atleast that is, if the tokens come in lower quantities/are tradable.

If it would be as many say, PWI just found a whole new way of ****
    up a game beyond repair. Having all current r9s in s3r9 and making s3 nirv
    easier to obtain would just make these now 10min BH instances take what...
    the time it takes to travel there and that's it? Bosses would become mobs to us.

I have a hard time picturing that scenario being true.
    But that's just my 2 cents. Why make a whole expansion just to completely
    ruin the game? Ib4 'tideborns killed it QQ'. This, would be a whole new
    level of ruining the game to non existance as it messes with every end game
    aspect/economy we can still perform decently as both casters and apsers.

Also...I got no interest in this war update and many like me, I'm one of those
    fortunate r9 farmers that have TW times at 5am and other ingame content the
    same. All I'm hoping for is that they're tradable n buyable for a decent price
    enough to not ruin any current markets or instances b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think GM should give explanation about this.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i think some of the complaints fail to consider the loss of coin farming is replaced by taking coin conversion out of the farming of gear. vana gear is basically easier to directly farm right now, between the SvS wars and doing 99 key runs during 2x and casters, it wont be as complicated for a relatively low-on-resources player to get vana 2nd cast.

the cash shopping is being separated from the direct farming basically, or the gulf between the two is now about twice as large. merch'ing wont be too affected, it will just take time to adjust strategies.

the comfort zone for some people has been destroyed.

i've seen some really skillful players defeat r9's by playing smart. i do concede that power level does come into play at a certain point but still, can't really complain that you can't have the exact same advantage as a cash-player (i still dont agree on there being an advantage given for those who spend cash, but thats a diff story), but at least you can get up to a lvl of gear that will allow you to more easily farm coin via other means.

all in all i think now there is more reason to play other areas of the game, not just vana(caster or reg). I just wish they could address the problems of obtaining TT mats. r9 makes tt easier but i disagree with completely with a set of instances where you need the gear you obtain from it in order to farm it.
    edited November 2012
    has anyone even found the npc where this is made. i cant seem to find him, what if the npc isnt in game. lol kind of like the summerwind token was ment to be made with candies, but that isnt in out vers because candies so cheap.

Northern Archosaur. North from the teleporter, just over the house.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rickioo - Archosaur
    Rickioo - Archosaur Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Northern Archosaur. North from the teleporter, just over the house.

yeah i feel dumb now i thought that was the other recipe i was looking at. hard day ay work ignore me lol
    Started Playing Early June Of 2005 Back In The Very First Beta In Perfect World History

The True Old School b:cool
    edited November 2012
    yeah i feel dumb now i thought that was the other recipe i was looking at. hard day ay work ignore me lol

Ah yes, the other forge (shows up as ''Cauldron of'' in the encyclopedia when you enter an instance) is either in the Nation War area or just isn't implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

I see your concerns, and how the change in Uncanny / Rapture Crystal pricing will certainly affect the current economy and what dungeons people run.

Right now I don't have any answers for you. I'm really sorry. But I'm aware of the concern, and I intend to find out how this will impact players as well as the intended reasoning behind this change.

Again, I'm really sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now.

I'll try to get back to this issue as soon as I can.

- Val
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I see your concerns, and how the change in Uncanny / Rapture Crystal pricing will certainly affect the current economy and what dungeons people run.

Right now I don't have any answers for you. I'm really sorry. But I'm aware of the concern, and I intend to find out how this will impact players as well as the intended reasoning behind this change.

- Val

we will wait Val :)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    we will wait Val :)

No. b:angry
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Akan - Momaganon
    Akan - Momaganon Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are quite a lot of players that are happy about this change, that have no interest in farming nirvana but still would like to get some gear. You will not find them crying on this forum.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

- Val

That is the problem. Let's say we do this NW for 1week~4 months. People who do this, they get their r9 3rd cast, g16 gear, g15 weapons with awesome stats. People accept the change, and after you change it to make it "harder" to get raps and canny, you will hear endless complain from people who now use NW to farm gear.

People can complain all they want about Canny and raps, i am going to make myself warsoul weapons because now i simply can.

People have to understand, why do you farm Vana? Is it to get raps and canny to sell it to acquire other gear? Or is it because you need canny and raps for you g15/g16/r9 recast gear?

If people need it for other gear, is the other gear tomes? Now you can do treasure quests and full deltas (bring the coins back though b:victory) to make your tomes. Use NW to farm mats for the character you actually enjoy playing on and not slaving away on a class you hate, but use because that is the current "farming" class.

This update might just force people to use the character they want to improve, so hyper babies have to learn their class to equip gear on them (i hope, i can hope right b:cry). People want a Lunar glade robe for -int? Now you can do tm lunar to make that cape. You want tt99 gear, you can go solo those places because you have the gear. You want to make a weapon, cheap to do that.

This update as Father_gold points out, is breaking people out of the comfort zones. Now you can finally acquire all that OP gear for cheap. Go do TM lunar with friends to get things. Do other TM runs for other things. Don't be held hostage to having bad gear. Is it really such a bad thing?

That is why Hey, You!, you can never appease everyone with changes. One side will reject it, and fight it, the other will accept it and go on. It just depends which side is stronger/vocal about it. A good change can get reverted because the rejecting side is stronger, a bad change can get accepted because the accepting side is stronger. The more serious problem occurs, once the change is implemented, and people have grown accustomed to it, and you change it to something else or revert it. That is when people switch camps, and can of worms is opened.

Personally i am looking forward to how much "coin" we get. If we start of by 10~100 per week, and have that nerfed, that will be a serious blow. That is one change people will not like. Because the coins are used for other things, other than simply going for raps and canny. I am looking to make lots of fun new gear that does not require rap and canny. If the NW rewards are nerfed, that will cause problems, and people like me will complain endlessly about it, as the people right now complain about vana markets b:chuckle. So the cycle goes on b:surrender.
    edited November 2012
    That is the problem. Let's say we do this NW for 1week~4 months. People who do this, they get their r9 3rd cast, g16 gear, g15 weapons with awesome stats. People accept the change, and after you change it to make it "harder" to get raps and canny, you will hear endless complain from people who now use NW to farm gear.

People can complain all they want about Canny and raps, i am going to make myself warsoul weapons because now i simply can.

People have to understand, why do you farm Vana? Is it to get raps and canny to sell it to acquire other gear? Or is it because you need canny and raps for you g15/g16/r9 recast gear?

If people need it for other gear, is the other gear tomes? Now you can do treasure quests and full deltas (bring the coins back though b:victory) to make your tomes. Use NW to farm mats for the character you actually enjoy playing on and not slaving away on a class you hate, but use because that is the current "farming" class.

This update might just force people to use the character they want to improve, so hyper babies have to learn their class to equip gear on them (i hope, i can hope right b:cry). People want a Lunar glade robe for -int? Now you can do tm lunar to make that cape. You want tt99 gear, you can go solo those places because you have the gear. You want to make a weapon, cheap to do that.

This update as Father_gold points out, is breaking people out of the comfort zones. Now you can finally acquire all that OP gear for cheap. Go do TM lunar with friends to get things. Do other TM runs for other things. Don't be held hostage to having bad gear. Is it really such a bad thing?

That is why Hey, You!, you can never appease everyone with changes. One side will reject it, and fight it, the other will accept it and go on. It just depends which side is stronger/vocal about it. A good change can get reverted because the rejecting side is stronger, a bad change can get accepted because the accepting side is stronger. The more serious problem occurs, once the change is implemented, and people have grown accustomed to it, and you change it to something else or revert it. That is when people switch camps, and can of worms is opened.

Personally i am looking forward to how much "coin" we get. If we start of by 10~100 per week, and have that nerfed, that will be a serious blow. That is one change people will not like. Because the coins are used for other things, other than simply going for raps and canny. I am looking to make lots of fun new gear that does not require rap and canny. If the NW rewards are nerfed, that will cause problems, and people like me will complain endlessly about it, as the people right now complain about vana markets b:chuckle. So the cycle goes on b:surrender.

gosh... makes me remember when ppl can farm MoG from DQ point and glitch it so ppl can merch it. then suddenly GM put it down, makes many ppl QQing cause we no longer able to farm DQ for MoG to compete with ppl who already have rank 9 by farming DQ point. b:angry
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now you can finally acquire all that OP gear for cheap.

I don't think that's a good thing. Besided you have private servers for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gosh... makes me remember when ppl can farm MoG from DQ point and glitch it so ppl can merch it. then suddenly GM put it down, makes many ppl QQing cause we no longer able to farm DQ for MoG to compete with ppl who already have rank 9 by farming DQ point. b:angry

I wasn't around at that time, but a friend did that. She made herself 4 pieces of r9 including weapon b:chuckle. I could be jealous, but good for her, i just have to work harder to get it.
    I don't think that's a good thing. Besided you have private servers for that.

Cheaper - means less real life money or in game coin, but it does not mean less time. I farmed 2 pan gu tomes over 3 months, they were free for me. Most people would just buy them. I spent less coin, yes, but i spent more time than others acquiring that one item. Same with this endgame gear. Rich people, merchants can get the stuff straight away, i will have to farm it over a few months to a year or so to see it. I don't think that is a bad thing.
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Being full R9, I like that I can farm my recasts easier. I also like the fact that this bring people together as a team. What they should do is create quests that people can also do to get materials. Not many people quest anymore since power leveling started. The only quests people do are their culti's, bh's, and fb's. I'd like to see more high lvl quests that actually need a reason to get people together. This Nation War instance is gonna be a good thing. Team work is needed in this game.

I thought the same thing about the rewards that would be given in the Nation Wars. I doubt they gonna give you 500 matts to make 500 uncannies or raps. I think they gonna make it so that it actually takes some time to get all the matts. this is so people can get together more often as a team. Depending on the amount of contribution you are able to put into Nation Wars, the more or less matts you'll get. I also doubt they gonna stick lvl 60's with 100+. I think it'll be by requisite lvl. I'm thinking minimum matts will be like 15 coins, and maybe 5 of the other matts. Probably max matts will be 60-100 coins and maybe 20 of the other matts. Doing it like this will not make the price of raps and cannies go down. Nation Wars is only 2 times a week. it would still take a while to farm the matts. For alot of people it will take even longer if the contribution they can get is always low.

Think about this.

Low lvl toons are allowed to go in Nation Wars, whats the benefit for them? They can't use the matts untill they are able to get R9, Nirvi, or Warsouls. This is also why they added new quests for the lower lvl toons too. If the lower lvl toons are getting the same matts, they can save them or sell to make the money to get gear. This is just a guestimate, lets see.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey everyone,

- Val

i don't see much reason to be too concerned about this issue...

there was no Nirvana before and people still managed to get coins. anyway, some reasons i can think of for making raps and cannys easy to get.

1) so people will recast their r9

2) this leads to buying chienkun stones for socket and refine transfer. (money for PWI)

3) if they opt not to, they have to refine from scratch, which means they have to buy dragon orbs. (money for PWI)

4) G16 gears will be common and gap will be bigger as r9 2nd cast and 3rd cast their gears. this leads to more people want to get r9, how to get? buy MoG and GST from boutique. (money for PWI)

5) G16 and r9 will force people into Lunar for EoD, EoO and molds. (coin sink for in-game)

6) farming Nirvana will be changed to farming Lunar and Warsong.

b:bye
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Typical PW BS , You already have tons of people leaving the game as is. If Nirv gets screwed over i see no reason to play. Personally i saw this coming a year ago that's why i stopped charging. Im not supporting a game that has done nothing but **** there player base over and over. Mind you im sure there's some ****** still willing to charge gold. If Nirvana gets screwed i hope us players boycott this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Typical PW BS , You already have tons of people leaving the game as is. If Nirv gets screwed over i see no reason to play. Personally i saw this coming a year ago that's why i stopped charging. Im not supporting a game that has done nothing but **** there player base over and over. Mind you im sure there's some ****** still willing to charge gold. If Nirvana gets screwed i hope us players boycott this game.

Deja Vu

Same comments every time an update happens. It wouldn't be a loss if you left the game. For every one person that leaves, 2-3 join. Same ole same ole. No one is gonna boycott the game hahahaha. I love when people make comments like that. If you plan on boycotting, go for it. You'll never get enough people to follow you. People will always play the game and people will always put money in this game. Everytime an update happens, there's always a select few that are unhappy. No one forces you to play the game. There's plenty of other games you can play on or read a book. I guarantee, your still gonna play and when the next update happens, you'll be right back again saying the same thing, as will many other people. If your unhappy with the game.....leave, it's simple.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm