Options
    seffert wrote: »
    +1 for rollback - tho i think its not gonna ahppen so buybuys

Don't let the door hit ya......b:bye
  • Divine_Hands - Sanctuary
    Divine_Hands - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I see a lot of complains, probably from greedy merchies with thousands and thousands of vana mats, b:laugh, I personally I'm really happy with this change, was annoyed at doing this instance over and over until the hell froze.

Sure that boring instance is now dead, but the good part is that the new content is fun and we can get our beloved nirvana mats for free and in large quantities.

Thanks PWE for this awesome new content and greedy merchies that profited from old vana instance, I just want to say this is perfect retribution.

Yay for new content b:thanks
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    True, but I like the changes. I want to recast my R9. I'm wanting to try Nation Wars. It's a chance to try something new. I'm even going to go on my lower lvl toons and try the new quests, why not. I would leave if changes were NOT made on this game. The game economy is not gonna change. it's not gonna die. No one is gonna boycott. Other games are adding updates and to keep up with the Jones's, pwi has to make changes too. Nation Wars is tonight, first time ever on our server. How can there be complaints about something new before people have even tried it.

It's the same with pack sales. pwi has pack sales, which are chance items. If you opened 100 packs and got nothing but tokens, complained that you got screwed, the next time pwi has a new pack on sale, don't buy it. Save your money for something else in the game, especially if you don't actually put money in the game and just farm for gold. Don't go and buy packs again if you know your going to get screwed. If you feel pwi has screwed you cuz of updates, don't play. Find a new form of entertainment...read a book.

Clearly you are missing my rather angry point this morning. I'm angry because ive seen so many skilled long term players leave this past 6 months. I realize that people get tiered of playing and move on but this seems like a mass exodus. Also there isn't an influx of new players that's what i ment about the low level areas. Most of the lower level toons seem to be alts of players not new members. Last night i was shocked to see so few people after a major update like this.

To me PW has done almost nothing to retain these players. Instead all i see is a pyramid scheme of new armor every update, more pack sales, and an almost total lack of community management. As for myself ive spent enough money in this game. This isn't about QQ this is about more players saying enough is enough its time to voice our concerns about how this game is going and being run. I do enjoy playing still with my girlfriend but if this keeps up and more people feel isolated they will move on and we won't have a PW.

PS: As i once said to a friend ,the way things are going soon all there will be is a few R9 players out west scratching there head wondering where everyone when't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You do realize that any undergeared toon will get 1-shoot from the random R9+10/12 right?

Nirvana at least gave a chance to everyone getting a decent gear,now these will just make the richer even more richer while the same people will 1-shoot anyone who dares to farm their own money....great thing indeed.

N v N will just be dominated by already rich people, leaving everyone else just dust,yeah Im very happy.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Iyania - Heavens Tear
    Iyania - Heavens Tear Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is the best update ever, not because of easy to get T3 vana, but because of the sheer amount of butthurt. This is almost as good as the forum apocalypse nearly three years ago.

This .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    enjoy nivy s3, the rest of us will be r9s3
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    / inb4hey,you,replies"nationwarshasbeenremovedduetoclientinstability"andtheforummeltdowntoensue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    New content where we get tons of vana mats for killing people? why is everyone complaining? this is freaking epic. I'm never gonna do that boring instance ever again with this update.

And people can easily get g16 vana with this update, this actually helps people that never cash shop, and I believe that a skilled hardworker G16 has a decent chance of taking down even a recasted R9.
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    A rollback is being demaned for the crashing of one market. Perhaps you should really rethink this?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Added a poll for... uhh...

I don't know why, really, but it's there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    We that have to get up at 4am for event are especially happpy
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Epic, I'm pretty excited about this update, nirvana was already very annoying after the first 300th or 400th time doing it, replacing that lame instance with something like nation wars was the best thing PWE ever did.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Making a farming method that requires PvP in this game its kind of .... stupid.

PvP its broken to begin with,so will be the farming GG
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • _UMadBro_ - Heavens Tear
    _UMadBro_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If PWI doesn't fix this then the only people I see staying are R9 and up, since anyone cant get nirvy now and the people like me (just bought 150 raps for 217M) are screwed big time.
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not over the crashing of one market. It's over the fact that they made every single thing in this game save for skill books so ridiculously simple to get. This gear is admittedly supposed to be the "Ultimate" gear and now after 2 hours in an event people have full 2nd cast Nirv sets, in a few weeks of this event left as it is people will have full 2nd and 3rd cast sets of R9.

This is the major issue.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If PWI doesn't fix this then the only people I see staying are R9 and up, since anyone cant get nirvy now and the people like me (just bought 150 raps for 417M) are screwed big time.

Sir I will have you know I paid a whole 125m for my Nirvana pants! Also, I"m glad I didn't go for Nirvana axes and instead decided to buy R9 gear instead, and save up for R9 axes. Shame I quit for 3 months, I'd be a happy camper and laughing even harder at the BMs on my server that went for vana axes.
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't know the details but as I understand you get assigned to a a nation but the overseer tries to keep each nation balanced so not all R9s go to the same nation, I think fighting alongside strong people is possible in this and you get rewards from it to grow stronger.

I don't know how it works properly though, but I believe this is what was intended at least.
  • deathmarine
    deathmarine Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You do realise you don't have to kill to get the coins right BerserkerBeast, as long as you participate and your nation ends up with some lands you get coins. Ofcourse the ppl doing a lot of killing and flag carry will get more coins. But in two - four nation wars a lvl 60 can get enough vana mats for a G15 wep. Pretty much everyone who participate can get full vana in about 10 nation war runs. Less if you can kill, and carry flags.

Honestly I hated the Nirvana, and on my server so few were doing it that it was hard getting the wepons, I had friends who had all they needed for awakend before they got enough raps to actually make the G15 nirv wep.

if you are gonna complaine on something complaine on the tomes. still with decent kills and decent nation you can get the new wep from scratch in about 13 weeks.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If PWI doesn't fix this then the only people I see staying are R9 and up, since anyone cant get nirvy now and the people like me (just bought 150 raps for 417M) are screwed big time.

In what way are you or others screwed? You got what you wanted. In the coming weeks other players will also be able to get what they wanted. I dont see anyone losing out or as you said it getting screwed.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Added a poll for... uhh...

I don't know why, really, but it's there.

Well no option goes for me. Event seems like fun, but I hate reward system. Will wait if they change it soon enough (if ever).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    im glad i dont make my coin much from nirv,saving canny /raps now for my other toon,so this just might benefit me,and shoot...alot of other players lol(mainly the rich ones)

looks like the "1%" got us in here...your obama cant save you here LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    please the last one to leave this game close the door.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yeah vana pretty much is a x2 event instance only,though i do enjoy the key quest to boost my rap/canny pool up.

PW says this for nirv.

"You dont use it..you lose it" gg
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's not just replacing. More like turing PWI into private server with free top gear.

I never profited in nirvana in any way, but I'm not happy with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In what way are you or others screwed? You got what you wanted. In the coming weeks other players will also be able to get what they wanted. I dont see anyone losing out or as you said it getting screwed.

Screwed as in I just paid 217M for 150 raps, and people are selling them for 900K each as of now, prices are expected to drop by another 60% or so from 900k so even basically I just lost
    82M and thats just from S2 to S3, I have full S1 set on barb, my S2 pants and top on BM and nirvy claws.

In total I had 750 Cannies and 350 Raps worth in gears. So.....
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Epic, I'm pretty excited about this update, nirvana was already very annoying after the first 300th or 400th time doing it, replacing that lame instance with something like nation wars was the best thing PWE ever did.

I agree with you that Nirvana was old and boring. But their system for trading Supply Tokens for Raps and Canny is seriously flawed. People on Loth (people with low scores) got upwards of 2500 Uncanny from just the 2 hours in there. That's not an adequate replacement, that's borderline genocide for the game. You do not completely replace an instance in a matter of hours, you do it slowly over time. One thing slowly gets phased out as a new and improved thing gets pushed to the foreground.

People literally got the equivalent (not including cash shopping) of months worth of work just handed to them. That's a recipe for disaster and anyone with even half a brain should be able to see that.

All this great gear floating around now and anyone can go farm their own TT mats for an alt, thus crashing that market further than it already is.

Where does the coin come from now? I don't know about other servers, but on Loth a good majority of it came from Nirvana (Both APS and Caster).

Let's say the average person has 3 alts 100+. All of those alts now have Nirvana gear at least 2nd cast. Where does the coin to refine that come from? Nirv drops are a waste of time farming now and even selling. People are selling Canny for 20k and Raps for 50-60k here.

BH100 can give up to 5m coin, we'll take those 3 100+ alts and give extremely unlikely odds for BH reward. That's 15m coin a day, not counting anything you might NPC from doing base quest, Morai, drops you get in BH, whatever.

Prices on shards and orbs are now going to sky rocket as well, where do those things come from? Packs? How do you buy those if you don't cash shop?

People are focusing on Nirvana as a solitary entity when in reality it fueled more than just it's own market.

If they keep this then we all might as well be playing on a private server with the way things are getting handed out. While they're at it, they should make Dragon orbs a dime a dozen as well. And why not G12 gems, JoSDs and DoTs too? Then everyone can have the same gear and it's all about who can spam a skill combo the fastest and who's got the quickest reaction time for genie skills and apoth.

The whole fun of this game was being able to work for your stuff and finally achieving that goal (be it 5APS, 2nd Cast Nirvana, +10 gear, Full JoSD, whatever).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    good, *** nirvana and spending all my time there during 2x, boring and repetitive. good riddance to bad rubbish.

Agreed. The game was WAY too nirvana centric.

Everyone should go out and learn about the other instances.
    Here's something to consider:
    What would a huge supply of nirvana mats drive up the demand for? If prices fall in one place they will rise in another...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hmm, the Devs did make mention of making PvE less APS-centric without nerfing it outright, didnt they?

-The negligible "APS/Accuracy Nerf"
    -Abaddon/SoT's new bosses
    -That new Anti-APS buff in Warsong, among other things there
    -Skill revamps to make skill use more appealing

And now, they've dealt a blow to the most APS-centric instance?
    (Though it does affect Caster NV too, that place wouldnt even exist if APS wasnt such a big deal in regular NV)

Personally, I welcome this. As others said, NV3 vs R9.3 isnt that huge of a gap, so if that becomes the new standard, then so be it. Warsong and Lunar will still be pretty popular with all of the new S2s coming into play, so EoD/EoOs will sell nicely, as would weapon/armor molds, and TT will still be there for those wanting to take a cheaper route to NV.
    b:pleased

What does bother me somewhat are the more goal-oriented who have been affected by this change. Those who wanted to farm/merchant for S2/S3. This pretty much makes this far too easily obtainable for them and kills of any sense of accomplishment in pursuing that gear...
    There's also no instance or PvE activity that requires anything near that level of power, so once that stuff is obtained, what else is there to do but kill others or farm for refines?
    b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So PWI just took 715M worth of my gear and turned it into 35M.
    Lets see how low it can get :)
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    We are decades behind PWChina gearwise. I'm seeing this as a way they are catching us up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]