Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Options

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *Does his happy dance*. Yay for the foresight to unload hundreds of rap/cannies yesterday.

Joins dance for faming 50m+ in nirvy past 2 days. Time to sleep before event - I need lotsa cannies/raps.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is very true. But still, if all the money previously spent on gear is going towards refines. Gear standards should still improve. That's what happened with TT. Besides, with g16 easy to obtain you won't need to spend or save money on gear anymore. All of that can go into refines. If you have like 300 mil to spend on refines as opposed to gear, you'll do a bit better on that end. And even though some people will always dominate with the best gear, you're probably still gonna find a lot more people in g16 still willing to try it out. Or maybe they'll just get rolled, and it will go back to the same standards but with better pve gear. Who knows. Time will tell.

I don't care if you're a mod or not...are we even playing the same game? Did you even work for any of the stuff on your character or did you have a sugar daddy buy it all for you? Or did you possibly swipe your credit card and *Poof* it magically appeared in your inventory.

Give me a break...how can you even argue that this is a GOOD thing? Are you really going to tell me that...let's say you just made yourself a G16 Nirvana weapon that you busted hump for, you're not going to be royally pissed if now that complete moron on your server that knows nothing about their class or how to play now magically has the same weapon that you spent all that hard time farming just because he participated in one night of Nation Wars (That's 2 hours in case you weren't aware) and can basically get whatever he wants?
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Changes happen - sure. But the game is NOT ready for this change, instance wise.

We already literally OWN every boss out there, we already do every BH without trouble.
    With these gears? It just makes me Lol thinking about doing an ABBA with a team of
    s3r9s or s3 nirvana as minimum. Having one of those in a squad makes it fast...now u go imagining 6 of them.

And as for refines, I'd say a shietload depend on nirvana income for refines/shards aswell as their base gears..if no such thing exists..where do we get the coins? Everyone becoming a merch/CSer? That won't even work. Farming TT for coin? Ya cuz that wont get inflated when anyone out there can easily farm it themselves. Same with anything...we'll have clerics soloing BHs, who needs a squad when you can be the DD/tank and healer all in one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is only bad if you're trying to farm R9. TT99 and all TT gear before it is relatively easy to farm. Nirvana is now extremely easy to obtain, as are Summerwind Tokens for R9 recast. The only thing that is more difficult now is farming R9 itself, while everything else is now several times easier. R9 is now only an achievement that serious merchants (and with economy screwed up good luck to them) and cash shoppers. It's both a good and bad update. The bad being that we now have an effed up canny/rap economy, the good being that all gear aside from R9 is now much easier to obtain.

This. I wonder how this is going to effect the price of gold long term.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    on german server i see 5-6 people being upset and hundreds of people being happy and excited about this event and its rewards
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    on german server i see 5-6 people being upset and hundreds of people being happy and excited about this event and its rewards

The happy ones are lazy bums who are HAPPY they don`t need to work for ****, and get rather OP nirvana gear dirt cheap!
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    <.<' Personally, I always hated it when everyone was doing absolutily nothing but nirvy during x2 and literally rotted there as they deprived themselves basic needs like sleep, and it was impossible to get squads set up for anything else in the other features of gameplay...
    ...But you have to realize that having r9 or g16 doesn't mean ****. It is the refines that counts... and those STILL cost money (last time I checked). ...
    +insertreallyhighnumberhere. If the only objective was the get the gear alone and there weren't variants of things to do with it afterword, what in the world would be the point of playing to get the gear and then what.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I officially shall have R8 recast Weapon and a free nirvana set for barb by todayb:chuckle.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is very true. But still, if all the money previously spent on gear is going towards refines. Gear standards should still improve. That's what happened with TT. Besides, with g16 easy to obtain you won't need to spend or save money on gear anymore. All of that can go into refines. If you have like 300 mil to spend on refines as opposed to gear, you'll do a bit better on that end. And even though some people will always dominate with the best gear, you're probably still gonna find a lot more people in g16 still willing to try it out. Or maybe they'll just get rolled, and it will go back to the same standards but with better pve gear. Who knows. Time will tell.

Exclude people like me who can **** out a couple hundred/thousand gold. Where do you propose the commoners get 300 mil from?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    +insertreallyhighnumberhere. If the only objective was the get the gear alone and there weren't variants of things to do with it afterword, what in the world would be the point of playing to get the gear and then what.

Except that you can obtain 5 star orbs with supply tokens.

And 10 / 11 / 12 star orbs with 5 star orbs and chienkuns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Options

Give me a break...how can you even argue that this is a GOOD thing? Are you really going to tell me that...let's say you just made yourself a G16 Nirvana weapon that you busted hump for, you're not going to be royally pissed if now that complete moron on your server that knows nothing about their class or how to play now magically has the same weapon that you spent all that hard time farming just because he participated in one night of Nation Wars (That's 2 hours in case you weren't aware) and can basically get whatever he wants?

I farmed my G16 daggers, think 5th pair on Archosaur and I`m doing happy dance over this change. There are still ways to make money when you look for them - Game simply changed to better by giving out new easy set of N3 that stands lot better chance against R93rd cast than R8 did against R9. Gotta make sure wifey remembers to do event and aint out partying - can finally get her to somewhat competent gear w/o touching my merching coin.

Edit: Where is the supply token -> 5* orb trade, I cant find it :(.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Except that you can obtain 5 star orbs with supply tokens.

If I may ask, where is this option?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If I may ask, where is this option?

At any jewelcraftsman under orb combining.

Edit: thought you mean 10~12 star, the ones for Supply Tokens are at the contemplation forge.
    Edit2: Never mind, this seems to have been removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    so can u just put your char into a game & still come out with a profit whilst being afk?

Because that's what it's making people do that aint 'American'
    edited November 2012
    Options
    so can u just put your char into a game & still come out with a profit whilst being afk?

Because that's what it's making people do that aint 'American'

No, you will not get any rewards if you don't do anything (or not ''enough'').
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    GMs need to roll servers back to date of the expansion release, remove Uncanny, Raptures and Trial mats from the forges as possible rewards and replace them with Summerwind tokens (for a reasonable fee I might add) for those after R9 2nd cast.

Also, before any other servers have to experience this mess, remove the event temporarily until PROPER measures can be put into place.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    shut up and let the game die on it's own terms b:chuckle
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No, you will not get any rewards if you don't do anything (or not ''enough'').

What qualifies as "enough"? Like, I'm a support cleric. I'm just going to be keeping my squad alive. Is that "enough" or do I have to **** over my squad and DD the entire time just to get tokens?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited November 2012
    Options
    At any jewelcraftsman under orb combining.

Edit: thought you mean 10~12 star, the ones for Supply Tokens are at the contemplation forge.
    Edit2: Never mind, this seems to have been removed.

I still cant find it, under which tab at contemplation forge? All I see is misc (cannies/raps + wines) there, R8r tab, warsoul wep tab and tome tab.
  • _Master_ - Momaganon
    _Master_ - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    +1 server needs to be rolled back this fckd our economy
  • IVampireI - Sanctuary
    IVampireI - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Changes happen - sure. But the game is NOT ready for this change, instance wise.

We already literally OWN every boss out there, we already do every BH without trouble.
    With these gears? It just makes me Lol thinking about doing an ABBA with a team of
    s3r9s or s3 nirvana as minimum. Having one of those in a squad makes it fast...now u go imagining 6 of them.

And as for refines, I'd say a shietload depend on nirvana income for refines/shards aswell as their base gears..if no such thing exists..where do we get the coins? Everyone becoming a merch/CSer? That won't even work. Farming TT for coin? Ya cuz that wont get inflated when anyone out there can easily farm it themselves. Same with anything...we'll have clerics soloing BHs, who needs a squad when you can be the DD/tank and healer all in one?

Farm DQ perhaps? hahahaha
    Just make sure its DQ81+ b:spit
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The cheap as hell exchange for raps and cannies are custom made for our version.

I'm pretty sure this is all working exactly as intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What qualifies as "enough"? Like, I'm a support cleric. I'm just going to be keeping my squad alive. Is that "enough" or do I have to **** over my squad and DD the entire time just to get tokens?

Hit something once or twice per battle. You'll get tokens. You can support all you want, more damage = more tokens but you'll get something as long as you do some damage.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I still cant find it, under which tab at contemplation forge? All I see is misc (cannies/raps + wines) there, R8r tab, warsoul wep tab and tome tab.

See the second edit. China has this exchange option for orbs whereas we do not, it seems.

Instead we got the cheap rap/canny exchange.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The cheap as hell exchange for raps and cannies are custom made for our version.

I'm pretty sure this is all working exactly as intended.

Eeyup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited November 2012
    Options
    See the second edit. China has this exchange option for orbs whereas we do not, it seems.

Instead we got the cheap rap/canny exchange.

Oh, so I guess I gotta refine daggers +12 the old way, almost did happy dance stripping down but suppose it was too good to be true.
  • Eniyo - Raging Tide
    Eniyo - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is the worst thing that could happen to the game: free endgame gear.
    You can't be serious about this "gear for all" thing. There is no fun, no challenge, no use in playing a game, that does not give you a goal you have to work for. There is no fun in getting everything for free and without any effort.

In my opinion you should call the nation war off for this week until this issue is fixed. I'd rather wait on the wars than ruin the economy in one night. Think about what you do to players who worked hard for their gear. If this token/canny/rap issue happens tonight, I will certainly not come back.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *snip* ...we'll have clerics soloing BHs, who needs a squad when you can be the DD/tank and healer all in one?

-woah, woah wait hold up D:Dx! Why aren't clerics allowed to eventually get totally OP like all the other classes can if they get totally OP armour and do their own BHs?
    xD N'aw I know what you're saying, they wouldn't be joining the other BH squads that need them for their heals.
    But at that rate I don't know why they decided to become a cleric in the first place o.o'

And yeah I thought I saw something in some patch note somewhere about us not getting the orb option..

Edit:: And now if they totally removed uncannies and raptures from the rewards we'll have people who are QQing about it just like they were about the fc-glitch if they didn't get to do it/'those people who did it when it was there and 'cheated''/we hound on all 105s now for being 'ungeniuine' even if they were genuine, blahblahblah.... unless they did a server reroll like some people are saying it'd be impossible to actually remove them without all that mess.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    same, first time to qq here but this will be bye for sure.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

-woah, woah wait hold up D:Dx! Why aren't clerics allowed to eventually get totally OP like all the other classes can if they get totally OP armour and do their own BHs?
    xD N'aw I know what you're saying, they wouldn't be joining the other BH squads that need them for their heals.
    But at that rate I don't know why they decided to become a cleric in the first place o.o'

And yeah I thought I saw something in some patch note somewhere about us not getting the orb option..

Eh I think u lost my point completely...
    It was a statement that meant that if even the supposed supporter class can solo things that
    are meant for a squad..then there's nothing left in the game to offer in terms of any excitement or teamplay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~