• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep, awesome! Thanks again, Sizzer. b:kissb:thanksb:victory

You are Strongly Welcomed
    b:cuteb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Obilic - Lost City
    Obilic - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just double-click on patch file it will start auto-install itself .

You can use any method stated above it will help you !

Is it supposed to be on version 670? If not what patch do I download?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because making sense is too mainstream.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you Sizzer, that worked :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    You can find the latest manual patch on download page . Just download it ,update and play !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    You are Strongly Welcomed buddy !b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    AlegnaEP - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just double-click on patch file it will start auto-install itself .

You can use any method stated above it will help you !

Unfortunately the pupups for the PWI client are not coming up. The launcher updates and then closes, but instead of going further, nothing happens at all. If I click on the patch file itself where it resides in my computer it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access them" (although I am the Admin on this PC so that can't be the issue.)

The patch file does show up with a PWI icon if I right click my task bar icon for the launcher, but it does squat after the launcher updates it's files again.
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein
  • __Kakashi_ - Lost City
    __Kakashi_ - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For some reason it is installing a Trojan Horse. Do not do manual patch like Sizzer said he obviously wants to **** your stuff. My anti virus removed PWI completely from my computer, so i re installed it. Only to have it do the exact same thing and delete PWI again. So please either wait to update and look for GMS to say something or keep tryin it. BUT DO NOT MANUAL PATCH IT there is a virus that keeps downloading with patch!!
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    If u ain't getting the permission to access the patch file i guess you have to do this ,
    If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily. Do it and Try again .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I am Admin in UAC in my Win7. It isn't a permissions issue, that I can find. It appears that the patcher cannot locate the appropriate file in the game client to update.
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    So maybe your anti-virus already ate your game-client ? If so then i'm sorry to say u have freshly download the game again,update it and play ! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Aww to hell with it, a fresh install it is. I have the time, I don't have the patience for this **** anymore.
  • Venielle - Archosaur
    Venielle - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everything works fine, only my elementclient.exe is from an older date than today, so I cant run second client by starting this. Anyone know what to do? b:surrender
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    To make it fast and easier for you i suggest few steps use Torrent method to download the game it is faster and reliable , Freshly download the manual patch and update the game.
    Enjoy Hope to see you in game soon !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Just run the directly from
    C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe
    (Note: This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)

Double-click on that u should be able to run multi-client.

Problem Solved
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    Etherlan - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Manual patch file is corrupted? It won't load the .cup file at all (the launcher that is). Auto-update doesn't do anything either. Already tried a fresh install.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    For some reason it is installing a Trojan Horse. Do not do manual patch like Sizzer said he obviously wants to **** your stuff. My anti virus removed PWI completely from my computer, so i re installed it. Only to have it do the exact same thing and delete PWI again. So please either wait to update and look for GMS to say something or keep tryin it. BUT DO NOT MANUAL PATCH IT there is a virus that keeps downloading with patch!!

Don't listen to this guy. The things Sizzer posed are legit. If you are having problems with virus protection software, try adding the file as an exception, or turn it off temporarily while you patch. Don't accuse when you don't have all the facts as this issue has been brought up in multiple other threads.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't listen to this guy. The things Sizzer posed are legit. If you are having problems with virus protection software, try adding the file as an exception, or turn it off temporarily while you patch. Don't accuse when you don't have all the facts as this issue has been brought up in multiple other threads.
    I'd much ratherly trust a MOD than someone who doesn't even have a proper avatar :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
  • Venielle - Archosaur
    Venielle - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I know I can find it there, but its not a updated version and I dont know how to update it.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    The patch have no problem it is your anti-virus which is giving you a false positive about the patch file, Add PWI files/folders to exception list and u maybe have to disable your anti-virus/security/firewall in order to download,update,play the game .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Auto-update it or Manual update do whatever which u feel the best. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    To make it fast and easier for you i suggest few steps use Torrent method to download the game it is faster and reliable , Freshly download the manual patch and update the game.
    Enjoy Hope to see you in game soon !
    The patch have no problem it is your anti-virus which is giving you a false positive about the patch file, Add PWI files/folders to exception list and u maybe have to disable your anti-virus/security/firewall in order to download,update,play the game .

Yeah I saw your other posts on that. One problem, I'm running OSX 10.8.3. PWI is being run in Wineskin (as Crossover no longer supports it.) I can't find an anti virus program that is running on my mac.
  • CADHLA - Raging Tide
    CADHLA - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i did it with autopatcher and got the virus

I did the same..opened client and allowed it to auto-patch itself. Had my antivirus quaranteen the file, which removed my shortcut from desktop and start menu. Even if you go in the folders and try starting from there it tells you that this file was virused and has been removed. I understand that implementing a large software update is complex, but I would have thought it would have at least been free of viruses before implemented...apparently not...now will have to download client again.
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to try turning my firewall off and see if that helps.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I never used Mac personally in this case you have a get in touch with a Gm through Customer Support or from our New Technical Support Zone. Good Luck !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Kakashi_ - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Why would it say this everytime i try to install it regularlly?? i refuse to maual patch it becuase firewalls and things like that are there for a reason so if i manual patch can i persaonally sue you or sizzle to repair my laptop? i just say if u arent a GM u should not give advice. Cuz i still can not update the game?
  • __Kakashi_ - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    And yes i may trust a mod alittle more than a person but.. still
  • __Kakashi_ - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    I'd much ratherly trust a MOD than someone who doesn't even have a proper avatar :S

lol never thought about that let me change
    b:kiss
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    GM's are no good as they don't offer support for a Mac. But I'll try Tech Support Zone, thanks :)
  • krisnda
    edited November 2012
    if you don't want to trust me or the other people trying to help you, then why ask for help?

Us mods are "hired" by the GMs, so don't you think we're going to help you, not giving false information? Wow...

Read this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1519521

it should help you, but then again...