:( Unable to Update

Options

Comments

• Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear
    Elvenhawk - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I merged these threads, too many of the same topics. It's not hard, people have given great suggestions for this issue, just read and follow.

Fantastic help you are aint you?? Ive just said that ive tried what everyone is saying which i thank you all for trying to help but it wont work for me its saying PatchDLL.dll is missing when i try run it that way.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    also I used the auto throu the client; and like I said, it only does it when updating the launcher not the actual game itself

One update like a year ago set off all the bells and whistles on my Antivirus. Was going through the auto updater also when it happened. Since then I've only used the manual patch and no problems since.
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    $now - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    and ty for merging our multiple threads into one giant mess b:cry
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    and ty for merging our multiple threads into one giant mess b:cry
    *hvy sarcasim for those of u that can't read between the lines*
  • nastybug
    nastybug Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've done it all. Put the PWI into exceptions list, have no firewall option to stop it from launching, I even had someone sending me the launcher.exe again.
    Says Pack.DLL.dll file is missing, yet I have it in my PWI launcher folder. I even tried replacing mine with a friend's .DLL... . Still nothing.
    So to whoever thinks flaming is better than coming up with ideas to help other users from PWI comunity, keep it to yourself. Please and thank you (thumbs up to every other user than came up with a potential solution to this).
    P.S.: Blaming it on AVG or any other Antivir isn't the cause. Been playing PWI since month 2 of launching with AVG on all the time and never had any issues until now. So the fact that something about this expansion is incompatible with the antivir is NEW. Therefore it needs to be looked into and solved.
    Thank you.
  • Daenastra - Raging Tide
    Daenastra - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    For those who are running into an issue where your antivirus has locked the patcher.exe in your virus vault and it needs to be restored (as just happened to me), and restoring it does not appear to make it run, here is a replacement for that file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71145886/patcher.zip

If you extract the file inside this zip and then put the .exe in the "patcher" folder, you should be able to run the autopatcher as normal. It helped me, and it was in the maint thread. Credit to CroPsy for originally posting it and KevinLuv for reposting it over there. Thanks guys, it helped me out a lot.

If you are someone who has the issue I describe, this will mean you won't have to redownload the whole of PWI. Time saving at it's finest! :D

Thank you it worked perfectly! b:thanks
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *hvy sarcasim for those of u that can't read between the lines*

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1519621

Have you even tried the manual patch? Right here they are explaining how to.

And it's easier than posting on 5 different threads on the same topic.
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    moderators shouldn't belittle the players; read into your job description much?
  • gordiasz
    gordiasz Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    $now i just download this patch zip file and scan him by few anti-virus programs. i looks this file is not corrupted. so i start update game now. then i will scan whole directory 1nce again to be sure and post here if it is all ok.

and to rest of u, try learn to Read. if the same antyvirus didnt have problems with patching when was last major update, and now has problems, there are 2 reasons:
    1. the files are realy corrupted
    2. files are so badly writen (i dont know who write code in this game but if it is this reason his boss should have seariuos talk with him/them) that get false flaged - but still bad written code is easier to **** so - GET FIX THIS
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    moderators shouldn't belittle the players; read into your job description much?
    <_< Well I'm not a mod. Aren't you just a wonderfully pleasant person? b:embarrass

Kris didn't belittle anyone. =P You're the one belittling people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lol was I typing at you troll? I think not.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    :D Neat! That's the first time I've ever been called a troll in almost 2k helpful posts. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Miqqo - Harshlands
    Miqqo - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No virus alerts atleast with Microsoft Security Essentials. I would agree with the other people that you are getting false positive which is annoying, but you can try disabling the program /excluding game files like others suggested.

I don't know what AV program all of those who have issues use, but the problem seems to trigger for just few different programs.

Also try to not blame PWE for it since the AV programs just think you are infected and are trying to protect you. Depending on provider it should be possible to also report false positives but it may take long time before any fix is issued at their end (if ever).
  • nastybug
    nastybug Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Update to my threads: Whoever had the same issue and couldn't solve it yet -
    Check if you have the file called "patcher" which is an .exe file in your Patcher folder. And also make sure you have Pack.DLL.dll file in your Launcher folder.
    I replaced my launcher and my .DLL with a friend's and I realized the patcher.exe was missing from Patcher folder. The antivir must've removed it, when it first started uploading.
    So make sure you have all those... good luck!b:bye
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    :D Neat! That's the first time I've ever been called a troll in almost 2k helpful posts. b:chuckle

yet here we are
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You have to expect people to be frustrated. Im relatively new to the game, and everytime there is a major update or expansion its like players have to keep doing "PC tricks" just to play. Im NOT a computer geek, sorry.

My game was updating...in German...sorry, I dont speak German.

It stopped about a quarter of the way and seems stuck there.

Im frustrated. I admit it. Does that make me bad? Does the fact Im frustrated warrant a snotty reply? I dont think it does, sorry.

Im wondering why I have to keep apologizing. Customer service is about dealing with frustrated people in a polite way, and not being defensive in the process.

I stopped the download and am now installing the patch cup thingy. I hope it works...and in English. b:cute
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You have to expect people to be frustrated. Im relatively new to the game, and everytime there is a major update or expansion its like players have to keep doing "PC tricks" just to play. Im NOT a computer geek, sorry.

My game was updating...in German...sorry, I dont speak German.

It stopped about a quarter of the way and seems stuck there.

Im frustrated. I admit it. Does that make me bad? Does the fact Im frustrated warrant a snotty reply? I dont think it does, sorry.

Im wondering why I have to keep apologizing. Customer service is about dealing with frustrated people in a polite way, and not being defensive in the process.

I stopped the download and am now installing the patch cup thingy. I hope it works...and in English. b:cute

I also am tryin the patch; and finally sum1 with sum sense b:thanks
  • Obilic - Lost City
    Obilic - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Here's what happened.
    I clicked to update pwi and I went afk. I come back about 40 minutes later and the update bar is still on please wait. I've tried all sorts of things but nothing seems to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because making sense is too mainstream.
  • grandore
    grandore Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im reinstalling the game. I hope that works. Id like to see the new stuff.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That's why manual patch is highly recommend for huge updates like Sirens, simply download the manual patch and paste it, it will save your time and effort.

NOTE:At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Soo many ppl asking the same questions again and again but they won't do a bit of searching the forum around and find the solution which is more easier then just posting the problem, and for about Customer Support they get paid for there job , but ppl those who are trying help ain't get any benefits from PWI nor get paid but we still try our best to help with our best efforts, THANK YOU !b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    okie I did the manual patches (658-670 + 670-676) and left the patcher as the decent 1; seems to work. This means, as I stated before; that the problem lies within the patcher update. I will be getting off forums now; ty to the very select few in this entire thread trying to help, as opposed to the majority that aren't listening to the problem and are belittling the people trying to get help. Duce duce b:bye
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Soo many ppl asking the same questions again and again but they won't do a bit of searching the forum around and find the solution which is more easier then just posting the problem, and for about Customer Support they get paid for there job , but ppl those who are trying help ain't get any benefits from PWI nor get paid but we still try our best to help with our best efforts, THANK YOU !b:thanks

No, thank you :3
  • Obilic - Lost City
    Obilic - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It says it's version 670, but it keeps trying to patch.
    EDIT
    Now it won't even let me patch anything, it lets me start the client as normal but right as it's about to load to the login screen it some writing just pops up and it closes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because making sense is too mainstream.
    edited November 2012
    Options

What's that about, Sizzer? Did you get snotty with someone, lol?

I admit I didnt read the entire 7 pages, nor did I ask any questions related to the problem - just commented on helpful people acting like complete noobs personality-wise. No one can expect frustrated people to act mellow when they are just trying to enjoy a game and cant.

Im doing what you said in your first post. It seems to be working at least as far as updating goes. So..ya know, THANK YOU TOO! b:thanks

I hope someone polite and helpful is around if I cant get the game in English, lol b:chuckle
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm playing the game and still in English just the Launcher screen shows stuffs in German but doesn't mean the game changed into german. Hope to cya in game soon ! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It says it's version 670, but it keeps trying to patch.
    EDIT
    Now it won't even let me patch anything, it lets me start the client as normal but right as it's about to load to the login screen it some writing just pops up and it closes.

Post a Screenshot of the error you getting it will help to see what's actually going on with your game ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    AlegnaEP - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That's why manual patch is highly recommend for huge updates like Sirens, simply download the manual patch and paste it, it will save your time and effort.

Paste it where exactly?

I disabled AVG, got the correct patch, but windows has no idea what to do with a .cup file
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Just double-click on patch file it will start auto-install itself .
    1. Open up your launcher, and go through the various popups.

2. When it asks if you want to use Auto, click Cancel instead.

3. Then, in the upper left of the launcher, you'll see Manual as a button.

4. Click it, and it'll open a file browser.

5. Go to the location where you downloaded the patch, and click on it.

6. Then select Open, sit back, and let it go!

b:victory

You can use any method stated above it will help you !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm playing the game and still in English just the Launcher screen shows stuffs in German but doesn't mean the game changed into german. Hope to cya in game soon ! b:victory

Yep, awesome! Thanks again, Sizzer. b:kissb:thanksb:victory