RedGlow - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    why oh why ... b:surrender
  • amyescence
    amyescence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I remember thing happening to me with the Earthguard update awhile back...

Note: I'm redownloading the game... seeing if that helps.
  • jimmysgirl
    jimmysgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this is the first time ive ever had issues and its getting to the point its pissing me off now
  • gaurich7
    gaurich7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well, I looked at all this, I'm having a problem, I started the update with automathic, no big deal, I left it there, more than an hour, nothing changed and I noticed that it was in german... so, I tried not to panic, asked a friend about her update, she was doing fine, so ok, I left it there another 30 minutes, nothing changed, so then I started reading forums, I came here, saw the manually thingy and I tried it, problem is that my game version says 670 already but it just keeps trying to update, so, I tried manual thingy, downloaded the patch 669-670 released on 11/06/12, if it doesn't says same client version, it says something about an error, right now it's trying to update again and it's still in german, yet I'm sure I won't see any progress, so, I have to questions: can you suggest me something to do?? and, it is a good time to panic?? some advice would be nice and thanks for your time (first time posting something in forum, be gentle :3)
  • m3thman
    m3thman Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    bro im jus tryna figure out if i should be waitin around or what because ive been updating since 9 n its 11 now
  • jimmysgirl
    jimmysgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i just manual put the patcher in and it still isint workingb:angry....i dont think it matters how long u wait if it isint done by now its never gunna be done..i been tryiing since 8am and its 10 now and nothing i do makes the damn thing work keeps sayign please try other update server
  • gaurich7
    gaurich7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh wait, stupid me, I had to read better, I'm downloading the 670-676.cup patch, I hope it works, it'll take a lot of time because of my internet connection but I can wait :3
  • akdsada
    akdsada Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    why is my update in another language? thanks
  • akdsada
    edited November 2012
    Options
    says my version and client are the same wth is going on. also all the patch notes are in a different language
  • Rikuza - Heavens Tear
    Rikuza - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So I tried to instal the new expansion but my anti-virus program(F-Secure) Decided it didn't like PWI and reported that a certain file in there(packDLL.dll or something) was detected as a trojan.generic etc)

I cant seem to find a way to allow it to proceed so I'm wondering if anyone out there has some idea on how to bypass this. It happens every time I try to update PWI. F-Secure goes straight for the kill and devours packDLL.dll which makes the client unable to start. This has never happened before so whats up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • akdsada
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the most recent patch is not on the download site people so dont bother going there
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    Etherlan - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    akdsada wrote: »
    why is my update in another language? thanks

Someone suggested it was due to the English update patcher being on the fritz, so the launcher went to German. But the game is still in English.
  • KensyFae - Dreamweaver
    KensyFae - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    im having same issues should i just uninstall game and reinstall it? and should i use torrent or direct?
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So I tried to instal the new expansion but my anti-virus program(F-Secure) Decided it didn't like PWI and reported that a certain file in there(packDLL.dll or something) was detected as a trojan.generic etc)

I cant seem to find a way to allow it to proceed so I'm wondering if anyone out there has some idea on how to bypass this. It happens every time I try to update PWI. F-Secure goes straight for the kill and devours packDLL.dll which makes the client unable to start. This has never happened before so whats up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only solution thus far, is too temporarily disable to your antivirus and firewalls while you update.
  • delicatee
    delicatee Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm getting same error but on Windows 7 with ec_patch_670-676.cup. Patcher stops at elementskill.dll so it must be this file or maybe the following one.
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    says my version and client are the same wth is going on. also all the patch notes are in a different language

I got that message. I was then good to go. I clicked start. Game started.
  • amyescence
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I just don't understand how this happens... You would have thought GM's would say something about it or hurry to try and make it work.

We're always left in the dark with this stuff.
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    delicatee wrote: »
    I'm getting same error but on Windows 7 with ec_patch_670-676.cup. Patcher stops at elementskill.dll so it must be this file or maybe the following one.

I found a fix. My patcher came up with the usual files corrupted message. But I didn't hit OK and left the game. It updated anyway. Game works as planned :)
  • KensyFae - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i agree
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    amyescence wrote: »
    I just don't understand how this happens... You would have thought GM's would say something about it or hurry to try and make it work.

We're always left in the dark with this stuff.

For all we know they could be working on it. They tend to be ninjas with this stuff.
  • amyescence
    edited November 2012
    Options
    They shouldn't be "ninja's" they should let the people know what's going on with the game. It doesn't help me, you, or the other people know whats going on with the game if they don't tell us. For all we know giant apes could be rampaging through the PWI building messing things up, but because they never let us in on anything we don't know whats going on, how hard their working, or if they're even trying at all.
  • tysond88
    tysond88 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Pwi is messed up again who would of thought i may have to play new game
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    amyescence wrote: »
    They shouldn't be "ninja's" they should let the people know what's going on with the game. It doesn't help me, you, or the other people know whats going on with the game if they don't tell us. For all we know giant apes could be rampaging through the PWI building messing things up, but because they never let us in on anything we don't know whats going on, how hard their working, or if they're even trying at all.

I don't know about you, but if King Kongs were running through my office, I wouldn't be sticking around to let the people of the game know about it O.o. I'd be running.
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    AlegnaEP - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I deleted perfect world, downloaded and reinstalled the entire game. It started the update as soon as I started it, then died a shuttering death again same as before. The big difference this time was I did not have my antivirus running. So what now?
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein
  • akdsada
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok thanks but im still wondering why my progress bar isnt moving. only the update file bar is full and still patching
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok thanks but im still wondering why my progress bar isnt moving. only the update file bar is full and still patching

The autoupdate isn't working. Manual patch is suggested.
  • KensyFae - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i wrote to the pwi people about the prob and i hope they read it and fix this damn thing or im gunna find a new game to plya till they fix this ****
  • Gravediggr - Dreamweaver
    Gravediggr - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Is there anyway to remove the automatic patch...it's crashing the game and I want to try the manual patch