:( Unable to Update

Options

Comments

• beacon69
    beacon69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    does anyone know when Archosaur server will be up in the east coast ?
  • Dragonubis - Archosaur
    Dragonubis - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To make it fast and easier for you i suggest few steps use Torrent method to download the game it is faster and reliable , Freshly download the manual patch and update the game.
    Enjoy Hope to see you in game soon !
    Dude you are evrywere thanks for all the info about update it's always nice to have a good communite member like you b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Earthgurads
  • fireleprechaun
    fireleprechaun Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    went to update game n did something now when i click on client i get msg missing patcher.com exe tried downloading game from stratch after intalling and going to update its done same thing wtf is going on
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    All Servers are Up atm if u can't connect to the game it maybe a fault at your end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    Etherlan - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So I am currently trying to update my game client, like many of you. However, I keep getting this error message every time I go to update my client.

I am currently running OSX 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion) on a 2011/12 iMac. PWI is run through Wineskin as CrossOver no longer supports it. I have turned off the firewall and tried to update but that doesn't work either. Naturally, autoupdate doesn't work as well.

Anyone have a possible fix for us Mac users?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Go through the recent threads in Techical Support Zone you will find your answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Kakashi_ - Lost City
    __Kakashi_ - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    if you don't want to trust me or the other people trying to help you, then why ask for help?

Us mods are "hired" by the GMs, so don't you think we're going to help you, not giving false information? Wow...

Read this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1519521

it should help you, but then again...

Thank you that was helpful. Im sry but like the one person said i have udated the same way fors yrs now so i just dont understand how something could change. But again Thank you for the link
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Some ppl think i'm hacker beware of me b:surrender
    You are welcomed buddy b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetBeanie - Archosaur
    SweetBeanie - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    does anyone know when Archosaur server will be up on the east coast?
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    CooIGuy - Archosaur Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok so i did reinstall the game and all pass virus problem now when i try to launch pwi it says that the packdll.dll is missing b:surrender
  • hawk2008
    hawk2008 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    new patch file not relayable , I got a trojanfile and had to uninstall the whole game becuse it wouldent get my shortcut to work . now i tryed twice and same mistake bothe time . someone that has an answer for this . thanks in before hand
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    hawk2008 wrote: »
    new patch file not relayable , I got a trojanfile and had to uninstall the whole game becuse it wouldent get my shortcut to work . now i tryed twice and same mistake bothe time . someone that has an answer for this . thanks in before hand

Disable your antivirus while you update. Including firewalls (as had been said many times)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Archosaur server is UP i just logged in and check it , if u can't connect then it might some issue at your end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Kakashi_ - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It won't be fixed so don't hope for it.

Then some1 needs a new job if they cant protect or prevent things like this from happening.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok so i did reinstall the game and all pass virus problem now when i try to launch pwi it says that the packdll.dll is missing b:surrender

Disable your anti-virus and Verify your game-client(do it twice or thrice),Be patient it may take sometime depending on your system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Then some1 needs a new job if they cant protect or prevent things like this from happening.
    Go complain to China Devs they make the patch not PWI and u can't replace themb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Disable your anti-virus and Verify your game-client(do it twice or thrice),Be patient it may take sometime depending on your system.

did i mention that this whole thing is annoying as hell? b:laugh anyway ill try that and see if works lucky for me all those verify takes like 5-10 minutes
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    did i mention that this whole thing is annoying as hell? b:laugh anyway ill try that and see if works lucky for me all those verify takes like 5-10 minutes

Sometimes 3 to 4 hrs b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amyescence
    amyescence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What is going on...? Whenever i try to patch my client it turns German and says "unable to patch, select new server"

Anyone know the solution to this?

http://imgur.com/qOcwV

EDIT!!!: This is how i got my PWI client to actually start downloading everything and working:

FOLLOW ALL STEPS.

1, If you tried to update it and your patcher looks different, you will need to reinstall the game.
    To find the install without having to redownload the game from the internet follow these steps.
    Windows Vista/7 (don't know about XP) Start>Type "install" in the search bar> look for the icon that looks like a Archer. IF IT SAYS SOMETHING IS MISSING YOU NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD PWI

2, REINSTALL THE GAME!

3, Open the patcher DO NOT PATCH ANYTHING YET!!!!!! If it asks you to update click NO!

4, go here : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download and download the patches.
    For the Siren update use this link - http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patch...ch_670-676.cup

5, DO NOT USE AUTOMATIC PATCHING!! If you are having the problems described in this thread IT DOESN'T WORK! once those patches are downloaded click "No" if it asks for automatic patching.

6, use the button : Manual Patch and use the patches to update the game.

Good-luck!
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

We are unable to mirror them, due to their size.

New client is in the works.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.
  • chillysgirl
    chillysgirl Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this patch is taking longer than ever! I sure hope it's worth the wait. I gotta get my shop back up! Come buy from my FC Shop (Snowy Village/Archosaur) or my Tome Shop (1k Streams/Archosaur)
  • CooIGuy - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yeah i got a new pc in june , dont know about all these details about what can do since i am not "tech geek" ( how others described it ) but yeah works fast
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this patch is taking longer than ever! I sure hope it's worth the wait. I gotta get my shop back up! Come buy from my FC Shop (Snowy Village/Archosaur) or my Tome Shop (1k Streams/Archosaur)

Shameless advertising b:chuckle
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    imhaving the same problem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That's why manual patch is highly recommend for huge updates like Sirens, simply download the manual patch and paste it, it will save your time and effort.

NOTE:At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Try this :)
  • amyescence
    amyescence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Try this :)

Where are the manual patches?
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ic ant get this game to start now i hit the start button but notihng happens says updating files and please wait at the yellow bars if i hit start it just waits a few mins then disappears and never launches anyone know how to fix?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Kakashi_ - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ic ant get this game to start now i hit the start button but notihng happens says updating files and please wait at the yellow bars if i hit start it just waits a few mins then disappears and never launches anyone know how to fix?

i would try restartin ur comp b:victory
  • killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Anyone has the direct link for patch 676? i don't found it in Download Page b:cry
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i would try restartin ur comp b:victory

that did not work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    amyescence wrote: »
    Where are the manual patches?

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_670-676.cup

Right click -> Save As. It is 1.2GB. In Launcher, click Manual. Navigate to the file and click it. If it says "Update list corrupted" or gives a pop up like it, DO NOT CLICK OKAY. Just leave it :). It'll still update.