:( Unable to Update

Comments

• jimmysgirl
    jimmysgirl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i kjeep getting failed switch to different server and or on going updatign that it repeats 50 tmes or more never lets me play game
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Try this :)

where at do u paste it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amyescence
    amyescence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_670-676.cup

Right click -> Save As. It is 1.2GB. In Launcher, click Manual. Navigate to the file and click it. If it says "Update list corrupted" or gives a pop up like it, DO NOT CLICK OKAY. Just leave it :). It'll still update.

Okay.. I clicked it and it automatically started to download stuff, i don't like that.

What is the PWI site where i can choose the patch, so i know it's 100% safe.
  • assistantscott
    assistantscott Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same problem here. ; ;
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    is there a reason that download freezes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    guess they dont want us to play the game yet or sometihng
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jimmysgirl
    edited November 2012
    that patch says its gunna take 7 hrs
  • skeeta65
    skeeta65 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the little patch thing u posted is gunna take 20hrs to download on my comp why are we all haveing this issues ..i think the new expansion needs some fixing so we can play
  • amyescence
    edited November 2012
    On my computer its taking 8 minutes to download..
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    Etherlan - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    skeeta65 wrote: »
    the little patch thing u posted is gunna take 20hrs to download on my comp why are we all haveing this issues ..i think the new expansion needs some fixing so we can play

The time it takes to download is because of your computer and your internet connection.....

The link isn't on the Patch List under downloads yet, the newest one there is the LAST update. But it is from PWI, hence the "perfect world.com" I've used it. My game is fine. Currently in the Cube.
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    You have to patch the game manually using the latest patch because the autoupdate is messing up big time.

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_670-676.cup

Yes, that link is safe. It's the same link as all the other patches except it has 670-676 instead of 658-670
  • fireleprechaun
    fireleprechaun Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    so ive had to uninstall game complety and redownloaded client from main site installed again that was fine went to click on launcher and asked for update no prob starting updating then vanished so went to click on launcher again and its saying patcher.exe file missing wat doing wrong ive even tried downloading patcher update Patch 669-670: Released 11/06/12 n still getting same problem
  • jimmysgirl
    edited November 2012
    mine is still downloading before it opens ad it says 4hrs...we shouldnt have to do all this **** the update thing should have everythign we need and do it its self niot us fixing the prob
  • assistantscott
    edited November 2012
    amyescence wrote: »
    Okay.. I clicked it and it automatically started to download stuff, i don't like that.

What is the PWI site where i can choose the patch, so i know it's 100% safe.

I don't like it either. It says it will take 2 hours and I'm not even sure this is the right link (have to just take this random guy's word for it?).

The official patch update page only has an update for 11/7, not for 11/14, so I'm afraid of wasting time downloading the wrong update.

Should we all just wait until they're done updating this Sirens thing? Come back and play tomorrow?

I think I should have just clicked no when it said "update available."
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    I don't like it either. It says it will take 2 hours and I'm not even sure this is the right link (have to just take this random guy's word for it?).

The official patch update page only has an update for 11/7, not for 11/14, so I'm afraid of wasting time downloading the wrong update.

Should we all just wait until they're done updating this Sirens thing? Come back and play tomorrow?

I think I should have just clicked no when it said "update available."

A solution was offered, thats your choice not to use it. The link, if you actually look at it, is the same link for the two patches on the downloads page. just the latest client number. I've used it. My game works. But whatever.
  • skeeta65
    skeeta65 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this is ridiculious we shouldnt have to be fixen the damn patch or anything pwi needs to fix the sirens of war expansion so when we do the update on the client it should update and let us play not this bullshyt we have to do..i just want to play and i cant and nothing is fixing this prob is gunna take a millioon hrs to download..me and jimmygirls are on the same net and hers is at 4hrs and hasnt moved in the past 15 mins 20 mins so plz help me so i cna just play plz
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    skeeta65 wrote: »
    this is ridiculious we shouldnt have to be fixen the damn patch or anything pwi needs to fix the sirens of war expansion so when we do the update on the client it should update and let us play not this bullshyt we have to do..i just want to play and i cant and nothing is fixing this prob is gunna take a millioon hrs to download..me and jimmygirls are on the same net and hers is at 4hrs and hasnt moved in the past 15 mins 20 mins so plz help me so i cna just play plz

it is dumb do they plan on fixing it or anytihng?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amyescence
    edited November 2012
    I downloaded it but i'm not even able to update my game. The patcher is screwed up. :s
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Umm my patch won't update at all... I tried manual too, all it isays is "Previous Update Interrupted Wether to continue?" And once I try to run the manual patch, I get an error saying "Update files corrupted" once i click "OK" (my only option), the whole patch closes :/. Dunno what to do, first time I have a problem with updating the patch b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • jimmysgirl
    edited November 2012
    my patcher thing only got to.0.1 of 1.1 and skeetabug has got hers to 40.7mb and it has 11 hrs and 10 mins and mine has now gone back to 5hrs and no more download on it and its been almost half a hr and thats all ive got
  • auraraine1
    auraraine1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Patch Fails and its in German? Ummm when did the Game turn German
  • killermystic
    killermystic Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Anyone has the direct link for patch 676? i don't found it in Download Page b:cry

For help another people with the same problem, my question already was nicely answer here.
  • potatostix
    potatostix Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Two hours waiting for the patch to finish, no luck. Now the manual download is going to take 1 hr 38 min. How long is the installation going to take "IF" this patch even works? All this for timed clothes and another stupid pet to take up inventory space. Please PWI stop the insanity, if it's not broken, don't try to fix it.
  • hawk2008
    hawk2008 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well sorry this is the first time i acctuly been looking at the forum , i just thought i could do as normal
  • CADHLA - Raging Tide
    CADHLA - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Maybe the reason is that you downloaded the virus (and FAKE) patch posted by another player? Next time I suggest to only download patches that were uploaded (and linked) by MODs or GMs :)

EDIT: Autoupdate ftw <3

You'd be wrong on this one.
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I updated automatically, saw the German but didn't pay attention to it. I can log into my primary account, both with and without core client. However, when I try to start a 2nd instance of the application for my 2nd account I get 'Client running, unable to proceed update'. Any way to fix this so I can load my merchant?

Both accounts are on archo.
    thx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • assistantscott
    edited November 2012
    Instead of downloading this or that and trying to fix it on our own just so it will get done faster when we have no idea what we're doing and those downloads will take hours to complete just to mess up because we don't know what we're doing, can we just wait a while and let the auto-updater straighten itself out and work right on its own later?
  • labinot88
    labinot88 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    why i can not update pw me antivirus he dont live update pw ? wa i need to do
    b:kiss
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good point. Perhaps in a day it 'll work again as it used to.

DON'T PANIC

Edit: 2nd client problem fix here :

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18076691&posted=1#post18076691
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • jimmysgirl
    edited November 2012
    no matter what i do i did the patcher on the download part of pwi and it still didnt fix the prob i cant get ont he game at all..can anyone tell me what i should do that will actually work cause this is getting really aggravating