So, you want to ini edit your character?

Options

Comments

• AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    AngelEon - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Perfect+world+ini#/d5klap4

Um Hey Its me again and lol as you can see my editing has gone nuts. I used the EG skin 1078 texture and it only covers one half of the face. Anyway, can I can fix this?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Perfect+world+ini#/d5klap4

Um Hey Its me again and lol as you can see my editing has gone nuts. I used the EG skin 1078 texture and it only covers one half of the face. Anyway, can I can fix this?

Some of the EG textures simply don't work unfortunately. That one in particular and the pale lips on the female EG. One that does work is the one on the "boyish" standard preset from the EG. You could try to make that one work. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    xD cool but just wondering i think the look is pretty unique the whole half/half look on the face, Good/bad does it look fine to you? or is it to....ocward?
    edited November 2012
    Options
    xD cool but just wondering i think the look is pretty unique the whole half/half look on the face, Good/bad does it look fine to you? or is it to....ocward?

It's not really my cup of tea, but if you like it, go for it! That's the beauty of ini editting. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ah ok thanks for the help although is their no way to fix it? i would really like the whole face ( i dont mind the half/half that much but it would be nice to get it done. I tryed to fix it but i can really do anything..).
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You could take it a step farther and edit the eyebrows/mouth on one side and make him some kind of awesome angry/happy half EG half fish hybrid manster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sounds good but i dont really know how to edit only one side. Do you know how to?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Under the brow section (and the mouth and eye sections) are two sets of offset values. It'll be like offsetBrowH and offsetBrowH2. One is for right, and one is for left. =P Play around with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ooh alright thanks!
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sounds good but i dont really know how to edit only one side. Do you know how to?

Jer is joking. The only pieces you can edit independently are the eyes, eyebrow and mouth. I suppose you could do something like make one eyeball really big or something. But colors and such aren't going to work.

Anyway, you should simply use a different facial texture if it bothers you. You can always add one of the heavy facial hairs if you want him to have a beard. Others don't glitch so bad. For example this is one I made a friend.

2012-11-0921-27-30.png

His lips look a bit chapped if you zoom in too close but you can't even tell from normal distance in-game or in the little display. Different facial textures work better than others. I personally like 1077 for males for example...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh. nice. i guess im just going to go with the half/half idea. Guess its pretty good.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Jer is joking. The only pieces you can edit independently are the eyes, eyebrow and mouth.
    <_< I wasn't joking. I only said the brows, mouth, and eyes, nothing about colors and such. =P One half could be normal and the other entirely angry and creepy looking. I think the half EG/half TB face looks pretty cool. Kind of like that one batman villain. (I may have to make one in conjunction with my Soulless Veno preset, which broke my link apparently.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2012
    Options
    <_< I wasn't joking. I only said the brows, mouth, and eyes, nothing about colors and such. =P One half could be normal and the other entirely angry and creepy looking. I think the half EG/half TB face looks pretty cool. Kind of like that one batman villain. (I may have to make one in conjunction with my Soulless Veno preset, which broke my link apparently.)

Ah when you said half human, half fish I thought of like the tideborn tattoos and eyes and such. Soz. b:surrender It doesn't really look half fish to me, more like the EG texture got broken causing problems in shading and such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sorry to keep bothering you but their is no way to fix the problem? i really want to put the whole face. i just waisted 2g on a makeover scroll for no reason...
    edited November 2012
    Options
    sorry to keep bothering you but their is no way to fix the problem? i really want to put the whole face. i just waisted 2g on a makeover scroll for no reason...

You can always use a different EG skin texture, as I said earlier. Other than that, no, it's like the male hair on females. It's not meant for them so it's not always going to fit perfectly. Also, for cheaper makeover scrolls, I suggest you take a look at Part 1 of the guide. There are much cheaper options.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • AngelEon - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok thanks
  • snowydestiny
    snowydestiny Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    any help? i tried to set a male tb hair into my veno, but that not worked, and i also followed the instructions how to do it, but no luck..

im too sleppy.. maybe that why i couldnt get it yet.. any help is welcome
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    any help? i tried to set a male tb hair into my veno, but that not worked, and i also followed the instructions how to do it, but no luck..

im too sleppy.. maybe that why i couldnt get it yet.. any help is welcome

You can't put male hair on a female char if the char is already created, that need to be make on a char that not exist already which mean on a new char that you will create.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Everstaryn - Sanctuary
    Everstaryn - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Those color codes are so much fun to play with, although very light colors still don't work well on tideborns because of the light purple base, sadly. It would be fun to make a snow white one. Is the color of the eyebrows locked like the lip color too, because I couldn't seem to change that either.
    psy.jpg
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You can't put male hair on a female char if the char is already created, that need to be make on a char that not exist already which mean on a new char that you will create.

Hum... Why?! b:question
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hum... Why?! b:question

Ask the devs, I'm not the one that created the game and made it that way. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ask the devs, I'm not the one that created the game and made it that way. xD

b:chuckle
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • snowydestiny
    snowydestiny Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

yeah, that must be the reason, i just noticed that, but im lazy to do that char again. b:surrender
  • cuddlybear1982
    cuddlybear1982 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I followed the guide but for some reason it's not working for me. I use a makeover scroll on my BM female to give her #4 earthguard female hair but it just turns back into the hair she had before I went to make her over. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I saved a preset and named it, went to my files for the preset, changed the hair, and it shows me with the hair (in the preview) of making over but then I hit confirm and nothing happens -.-. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
  • MikoTenshi - Sanctuary
    MikoTenshi - Sanctuary Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I followed the guide but for some reason it's not working for me. I use a makeover scroll on my BM female to give her #4 earthguard female hair but it just turns back into the hair she had before I went to make her over. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I saved a preset and named it, went to my files for the preset, changed the hair, and it shows me with the hair (in the preview) of making over but then I hit confirm and nothing happens -.-. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Perhaps you were wearing a hair fash? If so... take it off. Or you forgot to press comfirm and instread pressed cancel. But probably not the case and it glitched, try relogging. If still nothing, then either sent a ticket or get another scroll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy made by Silvychar <3
    edited November 2012
    Options

Before you send a ticket mind showing me exactly what you're doing? An pic of which file you're editing+the name, plus a pic of the customization in the character creation. Perhaps I can figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • cuddlybear1982
    cuddlybear1982 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Perhaps you were wearing a hair fash? If so... take it off. Or you forgot to press comfirm and instread pressed cancel. But probably not the case and it glitched, try relogging. If still nothing, then either sent a ticket or get another scroll.

omg miko I feel like such an idiot... that's exactly why haha! I had a hairpiece on.... geeze I feel like such a ditz. Thanks a ton!
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok so i see there is a list for barbs to use the hair fash sets... is there anything out there that people know of that works for OTHER classes? (IE there's a hair fash that was never released for our version of the game would b nice to utilize it) if not Bleh but would b nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok so i see there is a list for barbs to use the hair fash sets... is there anything out there that people know of that works for OTHER classes? (IE there's a hair fash that was never released for our version of the game would b nice to utilize it) if not Bleh but would b nice

Not going to happen. The rule states that barbs are the only class allowed to use .ini editing to wear head fashion. We're just going to have to wait it out, I suppose.
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Not going to happen. The rule states that barbs are the only class allowed to use .ini editing to wear head fashion. We're just going to have to wait it out, I suppose.

awwww ok ty for responding, i didnt see that part of the rule, that sux. oh well :) i'm sure they'll do something eventually for those styles that arent released nor ever will b released. (IE: Goldfish hair)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]