New Suggestion Thread

Options
kawaiijen
kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
Hello,

I've decided with approval from the staff to start an Official Suggestion thread. The reason is after years of flooded requests in the suggestion box, it has pretty much become ignored.

Please list some suggestions you would like to see for the game. I will compile a list of ones that seem reasonable and submit them to Frankie every week and he will review and submit any he agrees with.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

~Jen

Edit for a side note.

This thread will be moved to its correct location in the Suggestion Box next Monday 10/1/12. I have it started here so people are aware of this thread and get the ball rolling so to speak.

Edit 9/25/12

List compiled onto Google Docs for a cleaner and more effective method of sharing this data with staff and other mods. I may provide updates in the future on suggestions that have been passed to be submitted to be approved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
Post edited by kawaiijen on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I'll start with 1:

Changing the rules on INI editing. b:cute

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064101

• iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I'll start with 1:

Changing the rules on INI editing. b:cute

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1064101

This, along with GA's (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14515351 , http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14515351#post14515351) :)

EDIT: And possibly regional forum moderators.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    (Ideally Im looking for more viable things to do besides BH on multiple toons during non 2x times, and class balance)

-More concrete ways to provide feedback on class balance that will be responded to and discussed with Development/GMs.

-Much, much more aggro gained per aggro skill for Barbarians post 100. The devour fix may fix this issue - will have to see. But if not, this is a major issue that makes barbs useless or buff bots post 92-ish.

-Increase damage for seekers or give them a real aggro skill.
    -Allow seeker debuffs in PvP/TW

-More viable pets for Venos.

-More boss mobs with Anti-Aps Buffs. This has diversified the classes found in groups more.

-Less events during TW times.

-More ways to gain noticeable exp 100-105. Frost gets old, meditation is laughable, AEU is too little for investment of resources and time, and PV you can only do once a day if you're not cashing in Morai points.

-Make Nirvana 2x permanently, and not affected by further 2x (ie, no 4x drops)
    -Make an Anti-APS buff version of Nirvana.

-Hone being included in the Spirit of the Forge, along with 3rd Stage Nirvana.
    -Make R8r mats from chests droppable again.
    -Increase R8r mat availability.
    -Up the stats of R8r to make them more comparable to 3rd Stage Nirvana.

-NPC that allows you to repair in each trial, or at least the base.

-Create more PvE instances that either drop useable for level loot, or exp, that is doable by level 85/90-100/105. This would create more level ranges being applicable for factions where the 100+ is not just powerleveling or nerfing drops. Something where the reward is done by a quest completed (Exp, Loot, Chest reward) that is specific to the character and level. Kind of like trials, but not faction dependent.

-Put summerwind tokens in the Boutique, or make them available via tokens.

-Make Public Quest 3 hand out more nightspike crystals per completion.

-Create more 10 man instances that is less questy (like Frost, TT, etc). Less linear and more do the zone how you want to do it - almost a challenge to figure out the most efficient way.

-Increase XP and Rewards for full RB Deltas. Create a way to speed up spawn times inbetween rounds.

-Extend Blacklist!!! Extending friends list would be nice too but blacklist would be really nice.

-Remove or lower Lunar fee.

Fashion (Fascion?) Special:

I'm gonna be a hater, but don't allow .ini editing. Some .ini edits look absolutely ridiculous and dumb. Just add the EG eyes and etc stuff that people want on their toons to the selections with the makeover scrolls. The uber BESM anime style meets hammer-smashed-face skinny as a toothpick toons were getting absurd.

Heck, make it a vote, or a contest, or an open forum of what people want to see in the Makeover scroll selection. Community involvement is a big thing people want to see, make a big deal outta it.

Less modern fashion for males. More "antique" and heck some armor styles for us. I don't want to wear a T-Shirt. I want to wear some cool armor or something old-world stylish to go with my axes, swords, etc. I don't want to look like a high school student direct out of an anime. Think more D&D & Bleach, less Beverly Hills 90210 & Strip Club wear.

Never, ever introduce anything like a motorcycle to the game again. Its misplaced and removes the feel, theme, mood, and genre of the game.

But if I only had to pick one: Remove or increase the amount of mysterious chips rewarded from BH100. And when I mean increase, I mean 10+ times. Remove Orb of Cultivation from BH100 reward, or make it worth 10x the amount. They are the worst consolation prizes ever, I'd rather have 14 tokens.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    FORUMS

1) Remove "The Trading Post" and "Guild Banter" forums

2) Give each server's sub-forum in "Server Symposium" their own "Trading Post" and "Faction Banter" sub-forum.

ARCHER-SPECIFIC

1) Give archer's speed buff a unique icon so it is not overwritten by Holy Path
    2) Give archer's evasion buff a unique icon so it is not overwritten by Condor
    3) Give Blood Vow's damage amplification debuff a unique icon so it is not overwritten by Heaven's Flame.
    4) Allow Blazing Arrow's buff to be refreshed (overwritten) so you don't have to wait for it to expire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Fix the bugs in Quests, skills, and areas that have plagued the game since it was in freaking BETA.

Add a magical claw for Venomancers. (Fox Veno's will welcome this greatly.)

Limit the weapons. I liked this idea...
    It would be a lot nicer if they limited the weapons to the classes like they did with the Psy, Sin, and Seeker.

Then we would have this....
    Blademaster ~ Sword, Axe/Hammer, Polearm, Fist
    Wizard, Cleric, Mystic ~ Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should have a higher phys att.)
    Archer ~ Bow, Crossbow, Slingshot
    Barbarian ~ Axe/Hammer, Claw
    Venomancer ~ Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should have a higher phys att.), and a magic-based claw (for fox form venos)
    Psychic ~ Sphere
    Assasin ~ Daggers
    Seeker ~ Sword

Overall, it should help to balance the game back out a little as well and get the classes back to being played like they were designed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Make all the events,which are in the evening to be available in the morning too, so that European players could participate toob:dirty
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Fix the bugs in Quests, skills, and areas that have plagued the game since it was in freaking BETA.

Can you be a bit specific on which quests/skills/areas with these bugs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

• xhotrod
    xhotrod Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Suggestion: Make the Trophy Mode capes tradeable.

Reason:
    1. No one on Lost City offers Trophy Mode Services anymore, nor does Lunar runs.
    2. Not very many people open packs anymore. So if no one opens packs, it is impossible for us to buy a Wing Trophy Lunar Glade.

If TM capes were tradeable, then it would be a lot easier to obtain a -int cape because it is pretty impossible to obtain one at the moment.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    Can you be a bit specific on which quests/skills/areas with these bugs?
    Arena's, Monthly race, Many of the Genie skills and descriptions, (not since beta, but no effort has been put into fixing it), The memory issues/leaks with the client, lack of multi-processor support, the TT quest for the earthquake drum fragment, the water/fire quest in Glee, and numerous other quests that have invalid descriptions or pointers. They supposedly finally fixed the Cleric skill Aegis Spirit, but it's still hit or miss as to whether it gets overwritten properly or not. Usually their response to "fixing" broken skills is to change the description to match the failure in it.

Many of these things we've been complaining about for the past 4 years, and a lot of it in the previous suggestion thread. Unfortunately they either go unanswered, or incorrectly fixed. (Like when we complained that the free TB wings were too small, so the Dev's "fixed" it by doubling the size on every TB wing except the ones we were complaining about.)

There are also many issues with Venomancer pets that have come up since the Genesis update because of changes to the pet system with the summons. Unfortunately, they have not fixed them either. (It's pretty stupid when my pet is on manual and then decides to go off and aggro 20 mobs all on his own with no input from me. (Yes, I opened a ticket on it, basically the answer was "we have no idea. maybe someday it'll get fixed, or maybe not".))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    More variation to BH 100s. As mentioned by others in the BH thread further down, there's quite a few other bosses that would make for good bounty targets on any given day:

Some of the TT 3-x Bosses
    Mystical Jarax/Massaca Seben (Lunar Glade)
    Other SoT/Abaddon Bosses
    Other Warsong Elemental Bosses
    Other Rebirth Delta wave Bosses
    And so on.

While we're at it, having the Wygies for the Earthguard/Tideborn in Lunar working would be nice too.

Edit: Endless Universe may need a boost in rewards as well. The Lv 100 armor is rarely sought after, and the instance can only be done once a day...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Option to get NV3 weapon molds various ways not only full warsong, at least would be nice if last boss in Lunar dropped them also b:lipcurl
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    A few things that come to mind would be:
    • Make Earthguard/Tideborn wings upgradeable
    • Update the Event Boutique
    • More diversity to BH of all levels
    • More events - especially ones that don't depend on your gear

As for details and reasoning. It's sad to see that most of the lower speed Earthguard and Tideborn wings are literally nonexistent due to the lack of upgradeability. As for the Event Boutique, I would be looking for two things: Firstly, more things. Stuff like smileys, more fashion, the new tele bells, but nothing gamebreaking like plat charms or orbs. Secondly, update it with newly released smileys/fashion like 4-6 months after their initial release.

For the BHs, I'm mostly looking at Rebirth, Twilight Temple, BH100 and FCC. The lower Rebirths are pretty much never done, same with TTs. No one does TTs unless it's 2x, and even then it's mostly just some people asking for openers so they can solo. There's tons of instances that could be used for BH100 that are currently ignored, including most Lunar Bosses, most Warsong Bosses and TT3-x. As for FCC, I would like to see the last three bosses (Holeen, Asoteric Runewolf and Decaying Fragrance) as possible BH bosses for the 80+ BH. This could not only be used to revitalize interest in 80-90s BH, but also to get people do actually do FCC and to go beyond the head room. Right now, it's come to a point where "full FCC" means just until head room.

And finally, some more events that do not depend on gear. This one is really self-explanatory: It's just not fun when an event is dominated week from week by people with supreme gear, that just makes those with lesser gear not want to participate at all. And I think more events should have level-based brackets, so that the non-100s would be more willing to participate.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • eldeljea
    eldeljea Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Mystic:
    -Make the Healing Herb useful. 150hp/2sec is a joke seriously.
    -Fix morai skills animation.
    -make Swinging Cloud Dance heal the 8% of the increased hp as well
    -let summons get the half of the warding and slaying level of the player like atk and def lvls
    -ADD A SAGE AND DEMON VERSION OF PLANTS

thats all b:pleased
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Super Wine
    can be bought from boutique, or crafted with matts, or made with tokens (costs a lot more than normal wines)
    What it does is it clears out ALL mobs from an instance, but leaves the drops and the bosses behind. The drops stay for as long (or maybe a shorter time like normal. Also, makes the boss MUCH harder to kill, but boss has increased chance of dropping good molds. Doesn't work on top tier instances like Warsong or Lunar or FF.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I would like to see the DQ rewards page updated with more items. Some items I'd like to see added to it is all of the stat Reset Notes, charms, and refining aids.

I'm aware some of that is already avalible via the event boutique but you'd need 50k DQ just to get one event card in order to begin getting some of that stuff.
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    as mentioned fixes to some stuff since beta would be nice
    but what i would REALLY like is that we get Euro friendly events time again - like what we had with tiger event b:victory
  • Destroyer/X - Sanctuary
    Destroyer/X - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Nirvana 3rd cast:

-Make some way to earn basic badges, be it from BH , TT, Rebirth (every stage could give 1 basic badge for lv100+ players) or increase the ammount from ea boss, or let them be traded or bought for tokens or something. Not everyone is a lifeless warsong zombie to farm them "fast" ,or is unlucky like me and would rather npc the g16 wep after a lot of FAIL rerolls.
    -maybe an option to pick Normal BH reward (same stuff as now) and an other option to get basic badges (1-5 depending on luck :D)

BH:

-More variety in BH for 100+ : other bosses from 99 caves or some new bosses somewhere in lower ones (so low levels get some help doing their runs) Maybe some TT 99 boss, Card boss . maybe 2-3 bh89 bosses for bh 1 xD

Account Stash

-most "new" stuff has the nice text "Unable to put into account stash" , like morai stuff , new anny mount , hypers from heroic chest + many other stuff, nowdays stash is getting useless

Faction Base

-a once / day base teleport would be nice

-faction "Bank"
    -donation npc / option in fac bank

9 Trials

-Make personal rewards like they were: TRADEABLE
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Add a visible timer to buffs, debbuffs and CDs? Please QQ
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

3) Give Blood Vow's damage amplification debuff a unique icon so it is not overwritten by Heaven's Flame.

I find it good as it is tbh. In PvP if I sometime would have BV+HF+ some other debuffs I can already see people killing me through invoke b:surrender.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    -Earthguard: flyer avaible 3.2 in the boutique.

-Mystic: different animation for each skill. (morai)

-Mystic: Gaia's blessing, have no icon so we don't know if all squad get it and when it end, have a icon or something that really show it worked and who have it and when it end, cause atm the animation of the skill is the same then aoe ress buff and people just think we **** the cd of aoe ress buff while we healing.

-Mystic: Verdant blessing, make it work on charm or make it a different icon than the psychic buff, cause atm both can't coexist, but both are different, one work on charm not the other, but they have the same icon.

-Cleric: make plume shell work without mp cost cause atm to work people absolutely need a mp charm.

-All class: make the pet/mount/summon icon able to be move like we can move the genie on the screen.

-Maybe put back a TT bh, now with the gears people have more survivability so that shouldn't be so hard.

-I already proposed in suggestion box, but never get feed back, for the tournament the Thursday, change the category of lvl.

Atm 90-105 are in the same category, but with all the R8-9 nirvana recast etc.. lvl90-99 don't have any chance so no one of that lvl can participate, that should be change for 90-99 & 100-105.

-Make the place where we teleport to go to the nirvana entrance safe zone, on Harslands we have ''intelligent'' people that keep camping there and pk everything that try to go in nirvana. Or change the teleport price atm it's 50k to teleport in which is the most expensive so people don't have choice to tele close and walk in, than get pk.

-Make bramble work in PvP, seriously at that point of the game it's one thing that could balance a bit the AA vs everything that chain stun and APS.

EDIT: I forgot, make the trials mats able to be put in account stash, trials are dying cause of that **** they change the mats bound, but not able to put in account stash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The main suggestion the panda would like to see implemented is to do with the World Boss's.

Adding a couple to the Morai map would be swell. Heck, even a couple in Heaven and Hell might not be so bad considering after most people complete the few culti stages in these areas they never return unless it's to farm herbs.

The main thing however Fuzzy would like to see is an adjustment to spawn times. With the state of gear as it stands now and the predictable cycle of spawning, it is absolutely rediculous that on each and every server a squad of 2 - 6 people can hold a complete monopoly.

It almost makes the panda cry to know that smaller factions who may need to organize their members and bring their entire A-game and still have a darn hard time will never realize the opportunity. It used to be quite a thrill to attempt to take them on. Now they may as well not exist since they are all slain in the same cycle by the same extremely small handful of players.

For the WB's to have such a predictable pattern deprives far too many from ever even having a shot at this aspect of the game.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I find it good as it is tbh. In PvP if I sometime would have BV+HF+ some other debuffs I can already see people killing me through invoke b:surrender.

Honestly if you have a lots of people coordinating "BV+HF+ some other debuffs" you should expect it to be challenging to survive.

I wouldn't mind the fix being limited to PVE though since it is a much bigger problem there. If there is a BM and archer in squad either BV is instantly overbuffed by HF or it is unneeded since there are 2 BMs.

In any case there are other classes with damage amplifications:
    Veno - amp
    Cleric - Mark of weakness
    Seeker - Def lev debuff
    Sin - Subsea Strike

They don't have conflict with applying their debuff except for Sin who shares their icon with a genie skill. The sin skill though is just a 30s cooldown. It's huge pain having to fight another classes 30s cooldown skill with your 5minute cooldown skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited September 2012
    Options
    In response to Fuzzy:

The World Bosses themselves need to be redone in order to scale to the new level that gear has risen to. It is sad that these are suppose to be bosses that can wipe entire squads and even factions in two-three hits but are now being soloed by one or two people, even on multi-client no less.

In addition to giving them random spawn times, maybe they should have more than one location to spawn at. Or better, give them a set time before they teleport to another random set location.
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    NIRVANA:

Make the bosses drop the actual crystal/gem instead of a stupid chest.
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Make on option when opening fc to have exp fc or gear fc, tbh i'd like to have a set of the gold fc gear for my nublet alts.
    edit: also make ini editing legal, let us have rainbow fur barbs... get where im going with this?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    An account-wise blacklist. Both ways. I'm sick of having to blacklist the same person over and over on their 5 dozens characters just because I have more than one character I play =__=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited September 2012
    Options
    An account-wise blacklist. Both ways. I'm sick of having to blacklist the same person over and over on their 5 dozens characters just because I have more than one character I play =__=

A long time wanted blacklist extension would be nice too.
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No more packs please b:cry We already have so many b:cry

Put better flyers IN the boutique instead of packs please b:surrender b:cry b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    While the panda's big brain is cooking on the subject....

Why is it that every class except the barb gets a usefull gem in any kind of pack? We have all seen Garnet's, Saph's and Citrine's come to folks with a click of a mouse. Yet where is the Amber?

4 years, this panda has seen many an Icebourn or Drakeflame... how about providing a way for the barbs to get a Golden Soulgem? b:angry
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • kawaiijen
    edited September 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    While the panda's big brain is cooking on the subject....

Why is it that every class except the barb gets a usefull gem in any kind of pack? We have all seen Garnet's, Saph's and Citrine's come to folks with a click of a mouse. Yet where is the Amber?

4 years, this panda has seen many an Icebourn or Drakeflame... how about providing a way for the barbs to get a Golden Soulgem? b:angry

I'm pretty sure they already have one Fuzzy through one of their gem packs. Think they have turquoise gems too... I'll have to looks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3