New Suggestion Thread

Options

Comments

• KissAndKill - Dreamweaver
    KissAndKill - Dreamweaver Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Change Colossal Dragon Fly back to what it was meant to be for base speed: 3.2 rather than 3.0 in the boutique. Also add a 3.2 base speed flyer to the boutique for Earth Guard.
    There once a time when I cared about getting to the top quickly as possible to help others. Now, I take it slow, and don't worry about having nothing to do. There's always something to do in an MMORPG, especially if you are high level. PK'ing is for those who desire to inflate their egos. True friendship comes from helping one-another, rather than to start rivalries.

It takes 315300 Mysterious Chips to make one warsoul weapon, if you have a 100% success rate.
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Alternate True Forms:

They already turned Tiger Form into a mount, so why not the other way around?

Lion Barb: Goldmane Lion Lord
    Panda Barb: Bad Panda
    Wolf Barb: Hell Hound

Venos can suck it, foxes with mascara ftw. b:cute
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If BB drops and your party's members cannot use their own resources to survive (in addition to squad/single target healing from the cleric while the cooldown ends) then its not really a problem with the skill, is it...

Chromatic Heal (aoe) has its own channel/cooldown. While I do use Chromatic, IH, etc. when BB is in cooldown- party memebers don't always understand.

Having BB knock as soon as it is set up & having to yet again wait another 30 seconds + 2 more sparks is frustrating- & on certain bosses the reduce damage buff is nice/needed.

People today either see clerics as buff machines, or inadequate healers because of BP. b:irritated

Having BB's cooldown reduced slightly would help tremendously.
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    debuffs are what seekers are bout, if you take away their debuffs then you might as well consider em useless DDs.

Heart, Mind & Soul Shatter I believe would just be too unfair if they were made available for PvP.
    • Sage Heart Shatter is 50% damage for physical/metal.
    • Sage Mind Shatter is 50% crit rate on water/wood.
    • Sage Soul Shatter is 50% crit rate & damage is 150% for fire/earth.
    Put those on any player & they'll go down in seconds. b:surrender

Seekers have a ****-ton of other debuffs to choose from & use wisely.
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    they should add events that doesn't require mob/boss kill because there is so much ksing that some pple can't complete the event because of it.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Update the Core Connect token shop to contain something meaningful. Two level 80 rings, Martial arts scrolls, and Blessing of Order are just sad rewards.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Bring something new to middle levels (80-90):

1. New INTERESTING quests (more than 1 per level).

2. Remove or make CS only FC, so players will be able to play in game, but not in FC.

3. Make it possible to do Divine Contracts at level 80 using Divine Orders of the Shadow which players can obtain from Bounty Hunter quests at this level.

Do at least these changes (don't forget, that these changes must be for level 80+, not for level 95+).
  • Frankenstein - Momaganon
    Frankenstein - Momaganon Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Make the Quest Love in Archosaur (Pair Quest) again activ. Start it at random times like Wraith attack and not to the prime time.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Probably already in here somewhere but here's my main 3 points (putting everything I wish would take way to much space) :

- More BHs, in more instances. BH has become the main money source for many ppl and also the only thing they do. The BH are getting monotone, while there are tons off other instances that are totally deserted because "there is no use in entering that place". Other Lunar paths, bosses in TT, other delta waves, other paths in Metal, EU, ... so many options. Heck, even make a Nirvana BH. I'd even like it somewhat randomized per person, like : BH TT3-2 for server, 1 random boss per person. More options would be nice and might also revive some instances making many quests easier to be done (as ppl only help if there's something in it for them these days).

- We need a quest to expend inventory besides cashshop items. BH gives way to much junk, keys for this, keys for that, order thingies off all kinds to activate next quest, crystal thingies to meditate. That's enough, a default inventory + quest expended bank isn't even enough to hold mp+hp food and turn in a bh anymore b:surrender

- A general "plz balance game and classes again" because they should. WB are solo'ed, mobs are 1shot, tank classes can't tank, healers became useless, ... No need to develop this point, I'm sure many before already did.
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Heart, Mind & Soul Shatter I believe would just be too unfair if they were made available for PvP.
    • Sage Heart Shatter is 50% damage for physical/metal.
    • Sage Mind Shatter is 50% crit rate on water/wood.
    • Sage Soul Shatter is 50% crit rate & damage is 150% for fire/earth.
    Put those on any player & they'll go down in seconds. b:surrender

Seekers have a ****-ton of other debuffs to choose from & use wisely.

sorry but thats like saying no debuffs should work in pvp bm can hf and gp hello there 50% pdef break and 100% amp.Same goes for mage Undine+ spark or veno barb sin pretty much any class cept seeker can use their debuffs in pvp. Saying we shouldnt be able like now is like saying other classes cant use their main amps in pvp
    We seekers need our debuffs now in pvp with rank9 times
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Ok, so here is my input:

- World bosses: they should make them so that they cannot be ks'ed or in that case at least make the drops shared between the groups that attacked. We had a world boss (3 people) at half hp and some well-known faction on our server stole aggro and got all the drops. Now if that was still with the boss at full hp, fine, but swooping in with a bunch of guys and stealing at half hp...b:angry
    - Account stash extension stoneb:chuckle
    - Any way of increasing the max cupboards slots...please...mine is full
    - Update the event boutique with more recent stuff. I would agree with a previous poster that said maybe months after releasing it, put it then into the event boutique then it's not new items
    - I don't feel powerlevelling should be allowed. Play the game honestly and earn your levels and learn how to play your class properly. Not many people quest anymore and it is time to bring back what the game was actually about even if you increase the exp to make questing more worth it. The best times I've had in this game was being a low level questing with friends and setting up zhen parties on nightscream island to gain exp.
    - Unbinding stones: this should only be applicable to stuff that you bound yourself. You should therefore be able to unbind it.
    - Faction icons: enable all faction names to have icons, whether they have characters in their names or not.
    - PK in Cube: Make less rooms in cube pk enabled or at least put level restrictions on, it's ridiculous for lv100+ to one shot low levels trying to get exp in cube.
    - As much as I don’t like Lunar BH, I do like the variety in BHs that we have (I personally think we have enough variety for BH’s for all levels – I think it works well) – however I would agree with taking away the opening price. It sucks paying 500k for 55 chips…
    - Getting mirages in nirvana sucks – increase the amount of mirages to make it a little bit more worth getting
    - I’d say give fairy boxes back to solo modes of TT. The new fairy key system already would make it harder to just farm the boxes for mirages, so might as well take it back to solo modes.
    - I would love to see a mp reduction cost to vortex…it sucks mp like crazy
    - I think all classes should have access to all their skills at all times, whether PvE, PvP or TW. Why give them the skills if they can’t use it. Taking a skill away is making it sounds as though the class was made too strong. The challenge comes with knowing how to play your character against whatever.
    - I also agree with being able to blacklist someone accross your account.
    - I would also like to suggest that they either take away the GM help button/report a hacker or ensure that responses are given. Getting assistance in game or reporting someone is like falling on deaf ears - especially these damn wc spammers.
    - I would love to see barbs/venos actually turning into the animals that were chosen instead of the generic white tiger and fox. It’s ridiculous standing there as wolf and turning into a white tiger.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Lots of Venomancer fox form skills just don't have a use........I have 10k hp taking 5 seconds to heal max of 800 HP and doing **** damage its.......worthless. Granted a physical weapon for venos would solve the damage problem.

Using the mp skill is the most counter productive thing in the world I have 10k HP it takes 1k hp off me to get 500 mp. I'd say for the MP skill make it so it takes the number of HP points sacrificed and gives you 2 mp for every HP. It goes perfectly along with another rarely used skill soul transfusion.

If you really don't want give venos the ablity return damage with bramble since we don't have the damage of other people make it heal us in pvp. If we are APSed we start healing a bit not a lot but enough to offset some damage.
    Or if we get hit while we have bramble it returns poison damage that stacks the more you hit us. So a powerful veno could fend off other people through poison which fits in line with venos being the status effect casters. Just a thought

Venos also need magic pets or magic skills at very least for their pets.

Oh yes our curses also need some work :P

sage and demon pet support skills, sage res brings pets back to full health demon res they don't lose loyalty. Sage heal grants healing over time like an IH for a pet, demon heal heals more instead of 500 always heals 600-700.
    Several things you can do with the tame pet skill including adding a PvP feature for it. PvP it could seal, PvE it could tame things higher level then the veno. The tame skill could tame at a higher loyalty or be able to tame a tamable pet for their skill. Such as you could tame a pet then reduce it into a skill book for the pet. Because pretty much none of the beautiful skills PWI put in the game are being used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    k, My Suggestion: I'd Like To See Channel Canceling Brought Back. Of All The Stupid Things Implemented/broken Because "thats How It Is On The Chinese Servers" This Was The One Thing Pwi Chose To Change?

I Know It Was Considered An Exploit, But The Buff Casting Before The Skill Was Cast Was How The Game Is Designed. Without This Mechanism Of Buff Then Attack Wield Thunder Wouldn't Debuff Before It Lands, Sunder Wouldn't Crit Before It Attacks, Seeker Stances Wouldn't Effect The Attack That Activates Them,... They Even Left 0% Channeling Double-casting Which Is Actually A Glitch. There Are About A Dozen Examples But They Only Changed It For Two Classes, The Sin And Bm. I Understand The Reason Was Because Sins Were Ccing From Stealth And Then Attacking With Powerdashed Crit Rates, But Isn't The Solution To This To Make Starting A Skill Knock You Out Of Stealth. Not To Glitch Skills So The Buff Happens After The Skill For Only Two Classes.

And Yes, They Added A Glitch To The Game By Changing The Buff->attack Process So That Really Only Two Classes And About Three Skills Attack->buff.

I Miss Channel Canceling. It Was One Of The Few Things That Actually Separated Skilled From Unskilled. With So Many Things Being Gear>skill, Ccing Was Something To Balance The Playing Field.

+100000
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I will say for now, I will be leaving class specific suggestions off the list due to the fact in a near future expansion all of them are getting an overhaul as most have seen. And most of the suggestions they are already having some tweak similar to it or exactly what you are looking for. I will however add any that as a community we still feel are lacking after such an update occurs. This doesn't mean they will be approved or submitted for implementation though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Perma ban cheaters and botters

Currently you either ignore them entirely, or given them a few day's ban and then they continue cheating and botting.

Or worst , you lie to us by prentending you cannot do anything about it (the goon glitch fiasco)
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It aint over till this over, we will continue push for allowing ini edits for EG/TB eyes and hair, along with a full color spectrum. We are aware of body edits that are illegal, but that isnt what we are campaigning for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    how about fixing all the damn bugs in-game at first?
    rubberbanding, running in place glitch, remove PK from room1 in cube ect....

Then;
    make World Bosses spawn on random times.
    Remove the 3mil fee from Lunar.
    Make BH Delta full Delta.
    Make an exchange option for attendance Sheet for Duty Badge, so few ppl do cube nowdays.
    Remove rep from boutiqe perm.

But I doubt any of the things in this thread will ever happen, I dont think PWE ever listened to the players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Ok I didnt read through all 8 pages, so i might be repeating some:

1. Extended account stash

2. Fix buff timers, and maybe extend the buff list since it's gettin to the point you cant see all of a persons buffs

3. HP/MP pots that heal more than what we have access too atm. Also maybe bigger hp/mp charms

4. Stackable faction base apo

5. Make Morai skill books from orders tradeable or atleast account stashable

6. Make alot of the small things we receive atleast account stashable, eg hypers, pets, mounts, fashion etc

7. Make factions have a bigger capacity

8. Fix the veno's skin colour glitch (one where if u scroll out, skin colour turns to default)

eh thats all i can think of atm, loads more for sure though
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    - BH100 in Morai. Would be nice to have one BH in there.
    - Endless Universe needs better rewards. Completing Endless Universe should give Prestige and Influence. Over the last 2 months there have been 0 EU runs. We need to make that instance active again.
    - Advanced Endless Universe also needs boost in rewards.
    - Recast of G15, lvl 101, Morai gear. They could connect Recast with Endless Universe and Advanced Endless Universe, mats needed to recast are obtained in those two instances.
    - Add possibility to get -0,05 interval to Recast G15 Morai weapon.

- Stop being ignorant and make events to last longer. There are a lot of players from Europe on North America servers. Making me miss every single fun event WON'T make (force) me to switch to euro server. Yes, I started playing way before Euro server were introduced and there is no way that I would re-roll on another server.

That's just to name a few. I'm not even bother talking about needed bug fixes, cause we will never get those fixes.

KawaiiJen wrote: »
    I will compile a list of ones that seem reasonable and submit them to Frankie every week and he will review and submit any he agrees with.

Consider making new thread for each week.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Let's see....

--Well, the one thing I have actually posted about in the suggestion box is an account stash extension stone. I would pay good money for one of those.

--An easier way to gain pet experience. Pet hypers for grinding, or pet experience cubes you can feed them. Maybe something available with dragon points.

--An upgrade to all pet skills, to make some of the lame ones more useful and the aggro ones actually hold aggro.

--Entry level minimum for FF of 75. You get quests then; you don't need in earlier.

--Add ? lvl mobs into the mob groups in FF to disallow stealthing through the instance.

--Unbinding charms for things like TT gold that you have no choice over; would not be useable on something you bound yourself (since you make the choice to do that).

--Make EG and TB flyers upgradeable already!

--Blazing Arrow needs to be fixed to overwrite just like Magic Shell was fixed.

--Change icons so no apoth overwrites cleric buffs or vice versa. The HP and MP regen items are annoying for this.

--Stop making every new item unable to be account stashed. We paid for these things for a reason.

--Make more ways to get influence for Morai orders. My suggestion would be to add a prize to EU that you can choose to get which gives influence/exp. Maybe also make AEU give 50-60 influence instead of 10 to encourage more people to run it. And it would be nice if Missive quest gave some too. (Or give us a badge like we get for prestige, that increases the influence we get from the quests by a certain amount.)

--Add more mob options to the timed quests in Morai. The same three things gets really boring after awhile.

--Put fairy boxes back into single mode TT.

--Add the old SoT/Aba bosses back into the BH list. I really miss the chance at getting books... and it would be nice to have more variation anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    1. Allow ini edits with the exception of stick figures (no, not the extreme anime-like skinny chars, those are fine; I mean making a char literally the thinnest it can be with ini editing so that it's hard to click on them).

2. Extend the amount of slots in acc stash by at least two rows.

3. Get rid of Fairy Box Keys. -.-

4. Put a 3.2 flyer for EG in the normal boutique.

5. Update the event boutique and bidding hall.

6. Put pack fash (Demure/Wayfarer/Dark Lord/Matador) in the normal boutique and never put fash in packs again unless it's also going to go into the boutique to be sold normally.

7. Put some new flyers in the normal boutique. God, when was the last time we could get new flyers from anything but a pack or the bidding hall?

8. Stop making everything unable to be account stashed.

9. Make faction base apoth stackable. Holy ****, whoever thought they shouldn't be should be ****ing fired.

10. I'm going to catch flak for this, but I still hold that we need a server merge.

Merge the west coast servers into two servers: a PVP and a PVE one. Let people choose which one they want to go to. Do not allow server switches after this choice is made. Emphasize that the choice is permanent. Do the same for the east coast+Euro servers (seeing as the Euro servers are dead and all).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Magna - Harshlands
    Magna - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Hello, KawaiiJen!

There are a number of things I would like to suggest for Perfect World, but I'm going to talk about just one of them.

APS - And how we can avoid making everyone mad. Do bear with me.

As we all know, there are a number of issues caused by APS. But in order to solve - or at least improve - these issues, we must first consider what it actually is about APS that causes a problem in the first place.

1. The very first issue is one within APS itself. Simply put, APS as a mechanic has poor mathematical design for its purpose. This is because each step up in your APS (every -.05 interval you gain) provides an exponential increase to your DPS. As such, the exponential nature of this increase should, somewhat, be reduced. The underlying idea behind this is not a nerf, as such - merely a relative smoothing of the DPS increase that interval gear provides through APS.

2. The second issue of APS originates from the first. That issue is the issue of damage. When you have an exponential mechanic, and you stack as much of that stat (-interval) as you can, you are able to obtain outrageous dps values. I do not think any player could truthfully deny that APS does indeed provide very, very high DPS, to the extend that it is capable of far outdamaging anything else. Classes that can attain high APS find that this provides them the greatest DPS of all their options, and non-APS classes find that nothing they can do compares to the DPS of an APS user. Class viability and diversity is comprimised.
    Of course, if one is to consider this high and unbalanced damage a problem, the most direct solution would be a nerf in the DPS attainable by using interval gear, whether directly through the APS mechanic or somehow applied afterwards, to bring the DPS of high APS in line with other damage.

However, there is a problem in doing this outright. That problem relates to the third issue of APS.

3. The final problematic aspect of APS is that of its widespread nature throughout the game. Yes, the ability to attain high APS has been around for so long, and the reward for doing so is so great that high APS has essentially become the "norm" for farming. It's completely centralising. The issue has spawned such things as Caster Nirvana - an entire dungeon for caster classes that can't make good use of the 'game standard' APS. This is most significant because to nerf APS now, too harshly, would be nerfing what is the game standard. This would be not acceptable, especially for the players.

So what is the solution?

The only way to improve the situation of APS is to improve the balance of the APS mechanic, and bring APS somewhat more in line with other damage sources, while still respecting the current position of APS users.
    The way to do this is to reduce APS damage while providing equivalent compensation for what was lost.

How, you ask?

Well, what is it that's lost? The number one complaint, I think, would be boss kill time. After all, APS is the standard these days. The way to address this is to simply reduce boss HP. Which bosses? Well, high level dungeon bosses, most critically ones that people most frequently farm, including Nirvana (but not Caster Nirvana! There's no APS in there.)

So:
    When the DPS of high APS is reduced, dungeon boss HP is to be reduced by the same percentage.

Now, then. Let's have a look at some of the mathematics behind APS.

This shows the percentage increase in DPS with each consecutive piece of -.05 interval gear at high APS. As you can see, it's highly exponential, with the relative difference getting larger as DPS goes higher.

2.857 (14.3% increase over previous, 14.3% over 2.5)
    3.333 (16.7% increase over previous, 33.3% over 2.5)
    4 (20.0% increase over previous, 60.0% over 2.5)
    5 (25.0% increase over previous, 100.0% over 2.5)

Ideally, the APS mechanic would be itemized as +%APS, or even +APS. These would both eliminate the exponential nature of APS. However, we are dealing with a relatively old game engine, and will, in reality, be forced to stick with what we already have. Furthermore, such a change would be so effective that the nerf to the current Perfect World situation would be huge. It would only have been viable before 5APS was common, or even attainable.

Then, what?

What if one were to cap APS at a number below 5? This certainly wouldn't be respecting the prevalence of APS, and wouldn't really be fair. Consider, say, a 3.33APS cap. This would reduce the effectiveness of 5APS players, yet 3.33APS players would be unaffected. In fact, they would benefit relative to other players. 5APS players have characters and entire gear sets built around 5APS. It would be wrong to disturb the relative difference between current players. -interval must still continue to provide benefit right up to the point that it does today at 5APS. And since a direct mechanic change is not plausible, the act of hitting 5 times per second will have to stay. That's not to say the situation can't be tweaked afterwards, however...

We have seen Perfect World implement a 5% reduction to damage at very high APS (as well as an accuracy reduction). The good thing about this is type of effect that it is very specific and can be scaled with regard to the game situation. Of course, a 5% reduction isn't really going to solve very much at all, given the magnitude. But it is the type of change that is worth investigating.

That's not all there is to the APS conundrum, though. You see, there is one more factor that contributes to the magnitude of APS - Triple Spark.

Being able to attack many times per second doesn't only mean high DPS. It also means rapid chi generation. Chi generation so rapid that triple spark can be used indefinitely. In this situation, triple spark is no longer just a temporary spike in damage. Triple spark can double your damage, and with APS, it's practically constant. Add to that the extra attack speed that make 5APS easier to reach, or perhaps some additional damage reduction if you happen to be sage. Regardless, Triple Spark is no doubt a major player in the APS game.
    So, the question stands: Is the issue here the high chi generation from APS, or is it triple spark itself?

Mechanically, one may say that APS is to blame. However, we must once again consider the actual game environment. The problem is the fact that triple spark, and its huge accompanying DPS boost, can be sustained indefinitely. Fiddling with triple spark might be an even touchier subject than straight APS damage reduction - but bear in mind the compensation that essentially must (because of the situation) accompany such a change! (Reduced Boss HP)

Let's just suppose that we did decide to reduce chi generation for high APS users. Does this change anything? Well, it makes maintaining triple spark more difficult. It would, however, harm some classes more than others. Think about assassins - they already have skills to generate extra chi for them. It would then be far easier for assassins to maintain triple spark than it would be for other classes. I don't think it would be fair to nerf some classes harder than others when there is a common underlying issue.

How could we apply a change uniformly?

It would have to be something consistant across all classes, and something that has a direct, measurable, and definitive effect.

Solution Part 1

What if - what if - Triple spark had a 30 second cooldown? A cooldown that is both shared with and triggered by single and double spark, of course. To be honest, this is probably the more ambitious half of the suggestion. Regardless, let's consider the implications.

First of all, high APS DPS would drop by around 25%, though when you consider the loss of demon spark attack speed, it's even more than that. It's not the end of the world, though. There are many other implications, so let's continue. Reduced damage output during a spark cooldown would mean less life being leeched by bloodpaint, which is, of course, so very, very frequently used. It's worth considering. However, I have no doubt that players would compensate. I wouldn't be surprised to see people using wind shield between sparks to help maintain APS, and even provide some damage reduction to help make up for the temporary reduction in bloodpaint leeching due to lower DPS. Furthermore, if you're not sparking during that time, you will be generating extra chi. Perhaps you will find something to spend it on. As an added bonus, I think this sounds at least somewhat more interesting than a spark macro. You know, it could even contribute to class diversity. A Barb's ability to tank (even if nowadays requiring APS) might just become that little bit more valued. I wouldn't call that a bad thing.

Of course, with such a change being class-wide, I can imagine someone might say "but now my caster can't triple spark twice in quick succession"! It isn't completely unreasonable to say so. However, consider other skills that require spark. Most two spark skills have cooldowns, very often thirty seconds long. I don't think it's unreasonable for triple spark to be the same. Also, this aspect of the change would affect all classes. See that axe BM? He can't triple spark twice in a row either. Finally, how often would you even want to triple spark twice? A cooldown would, if anything, essentially make it more balanced.

To make up for this, I think a 30% reduction of the HP of high level dungeon bosses would be reasonable. APS users would see very little overall difference, and non-APS users, who are currently far outclassed, would actually benefit. I think this is perfectly fine - consider that APS has become a standard which other things are measured against.

Solution Part 2

Let's now throw back to the APS mathematics, with the current situation being:

2.857 (14.3% increase over previous, 14.3% over 2.5)
    3.333 (16.7% increase over previous, 33.3% over 2.5)
    4 (20.0% increase over previous, 60.0% over 2.5)
    5 (25.0% increase over previous, 100.0% over 2.5)

How could the exponential nature of APS, and the disproportionate damage, be addressed? I would suppose something like this (to replace the current 5% penalty, and remove the accuracy penalty):

2.5 : No Change
    2.86 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 5%
    3.33 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 10%
    4 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 15%
    5 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 20%

Dungeon Boss HP reduced by 20%

The result of such a change would look something like this:

2.857 (Effective Damage 2.714 aps) (8.6% increase over previous, 8.6% over 2.5)
    3.333 (Effective Damage 3.00 aps) (10.5% increase over previous, 20% over 2.5)
    4 (Effective Damage 3.40 aps) (13.3% increase over previous, 36.0% over 2.5)
    5 (Effective Damage 4.00 aps) (17.6% increase over previous, 60.0% over 2.5)

You will see that the damage increase is, overall, still exponential. Why these numbers, you ask? Because they are simple. Very, very simple, and easy to understand and apply. They're also not too harsh. It does require good gear to reach high APS, and each step up is more difficult. For this reason, it's not completely terrible that the increase is still a little exponential. And, after all, it is better than it is now.

The 20% Boss HP Reduction is to compensate for this damage loss. Anyone not at high APS will, again, benefit from this, and damage becomes a bit more balanced without penalising APS players farming bosses.

Combining the Two?

Now, what if we applied both of these changes, together?

Well, the above numbers would suggest reducing dungeon boss HP by 44%. But, hey, let's just go crazy and make it a 50% reduction. I think this makes more than enough compensation. APS dungeon farming efficiency would be quite similar to what it is now. Non-APS players definitely benefit.

Aside from boss farming, well, I think everyone will be just fine. You can still 5APS triple spark in PVP for spike damage reasonably close to the current levels. And, I'm quite sure that you can deal with a bit less damage against normal monsters, when the nature of the overall change is one to promote the viability of all classes, and class diversity.

In Summary, the suggested overall change would be:

50% Reduced HP of high level dungeon bosses (excluding caster nirvana)
    30 second cooldown added to triple, double and single spark, with the cooldown shared by all three spark skills
    Damage when at high APS reduced by the following values:

2.5 : No Change
    2.86 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 5%
    3.33 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 10%
    4 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 15%
    5 : Basic melee attack damage decreased by 20%

Closing

There is still one last thing to consider about APS, originating from aspect number 3. Since APS is so centralising, and is so standard, should be even bother fixing it, and bringing it at least somewhat more in line with other damage sources? If we're going to compensate for the APS nerfs with reduced boss HP, is there even a point in making any changes at all?
    I think there is.
    Class viability and diversity can only benefit from these sorts of changes, and there is little effect on existing APS players. I say we should do it - and make "Perfect World" just a little bit closer to "Perfect".
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    If I could see only one thing changed in PWI, I'd say that Entry into FCC should be forbidden for anyone under the level of 75 or 80.

A few reasons why:
    • It would get people doing BH 29/39/51/59/69/etc again.
    • More people in questing areas means more people to play the game with.
    • More people using the lower level PV instances.
    • More fun playing the game through the lower levels, People more likely to tell their friends to come and play the game too. (Thus an influx of new players & potential customers)

Granted this won't stop people selling EXP room spots in FCC to 8x & 9x players but it's better then leaving it in the state it's in now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    add a soul force multiplier to veno pet's innate attack and defense. would solve a lot of the pets-are-useless/under-powered problems

i.e pet's attack power * (1 + (soulforce*2)/50000)
    having soulforce being able to in essence triple attack power on higher refined venos, while still giving a substantial benefit to all venos

a similar calculation could be added for HP and defenses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    As i knew would happen, this is not a suggestion thread, its just people posting lists about what they dont like about the game as seen from their own perspective.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Can we get a troll filter for trashtalking idiots inside the game? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary
    FkinMaltaMan - Sanctuary Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Can we get a troll filter for trashtalking idiots inside the game? b:surrender

I wanna see what ebs writes... b:sad
    youtube.com/user/maltaeye

[SIGPIC]http://photouploads.com/images/mepro.png[/SIGPIC]
  • BanMePls - Heavens Tear
    BanMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    There really is t0 many things t0 write....PWI c0uld have a game based 0n it's flaws al0ne.
  • ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City
    ASS_ASS__IN - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I just want PWI to implement a new way for PVP so we can PVP againts server. Most of the time it's just always the same people that we fight over and over again, and it's just boring.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Add more items in the bidding hall and event shop.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink