Things you don't want to hear your squadmates say

Options

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    LF sin for BH SoT

How do people miss the fact that sins hit that boss for 700 dmg? Same thing with BM's that don't know how to use skills (AKA, everyone these days), so bloodpaint ain't doing much.

A group of archers/caster on the other hand, can kill that guy within 2 sparks. But nooo, everyone wants a sin to tickle it instead -_-
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • FayHumming - Dreamweaver
    FayHumming - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    b:laugh Caster only for bh sot/aba
    the survival of the fittest

-Thx all suport sell me SoW for 5M b:thanks tome/ring
    !!!SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Anytime I EVER see someone link their weapon in wc for a BH. Ever. It's bad enough wen people ask for it, but that's usually for nirvana runs. Weapon linking in general is just annoying.

No offense or anything, but i usually ask sins to link their weapon, I had a very bad experience with sins coming into bh snake with hooks and thorns....
    Also, I ask people to link weapon in Caster, if you don't kill last boss fast enough, the team is dead.

But, I kind of see where you are coming from, cause most people who ask others to link weapon has really bad weapon themselves or are very arrogant. I usually tell them "if you show me yours, I will show you mine" b:cute
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    No offense or anything, but i usually ask sins to link their weapon, I had a very bad experience with sins coming into bh snake with hooks and thorns....
    Also, I ask people to link weapon in Caster, if you don't kill last boss fast enough, the team is dead.

But, I kind of see where you are coming from, cause most people who ask others to link weapon has really bad weapon themselves or are very arrogant. I usually tell them "if you show me yours, I will show you mine" b:cute

Reason why i link my weapon in world chat when forming nirvy squads, otherwise they might just think i'm one of those mooching formers with a +5 weapon
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Me: Hey ______ (Blademaster) can you HF on the next boss

BM: yeah im having fun

Me: ...

LOL!

Here's a few more from just today:

"Heal noob!" (Metal Mage cleric talking to annother cleric who can't soloheal 69)

"I hate *insert skill tree* BMs"

"You tank the boss, I'll DD" (barb told me that at pole -.-)

"Why bother using Myriad/Glacial?" (they both have advantages over HF, plus i like to use them inbetween HFs)

"I'll give Saber Rattle" (when there's no sin in squad to BP, sabers not as useful to a squad w/o it)

"You don't need Krav Magma, your a tank" (to my bm when i ask for def buff)

"TAB IT, TAB IT!!!" (when boss is down to 50k hp and i just used HF it's too late ppl)

"I have wine" *asks if we want to wine then wines it when we say no* "Pay fee" (bh79 run and when we have 2 lv100s doesn't need wine O.o)
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...
  • KeKeLeLe - Archosaur
    KeKeLeLe - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    During a run in nirvana, our squad chat a little about the skills of each class. Pretty informative discussion until the BM started to talk about the useful skills for BM. He mentioned a lot about how great is HF is and how glacial spike is really useless apart in nirvana. He further mentioned that he rather save his chi and spark and HF.

I LoL at him. b:laugh
  • A_Blank_name - Archosaur
    A_Blank_name - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    when im in my 1st bh run on a new toon
    (90+ *insert class here* joins squad to do it for us)
    Me ... leaves squad wilst getting alot of QQ for leaving (sorry i DON'T want high lvl running it for us thank you) why cant people just do it the way its ment to be done with people around you're level or is it becuase people are to damn lazy to do it the proper way (guess i answered my on question then huh or maybe they cant find any people so they start nagging high lvls instead of questing/farming for cash (what i will start doing if i can't get squads for bh/fb runs)

and this (on my cleric) - cleric LF bh *insert bh number*
    gets a pm saying 'inv me'
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I simply refuse bh squads that ask for weapon links. It's rude to assume that I'm going to be fail just because some other sin was fail. I also tend to avoid people who ask for weapon links like the plague for BH since often they don't what to do if the boss doesn't die within a spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • RepNub - Heavens Tear
    RepNub - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Spoiled.
    People get used to the "fast and easy" way and then always expect and demand for it. Unfortunately it is in human nature and controls society today.

And speaking of OLD school RB. 2009 FULL RB no blessing No1 in TT99 due to levels being under 99 :P. (Sorry for poor quality it was back when I had my old computer QQ)

wow, what a pro cleric!

also, i remember when cauterise was a genie skill that everyone needed cuz of those hax nixes D:
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    wow, what a pro cleric!

also, i remember when cauterise was a genie skill that everyone needed cuz of those hax nixes D:

I love how being lvl 94 in a succesfull delta is aperently extremely pro these days.

Back then it was just normal 'know your class'
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Four things I hate most are:

1) "I couldn't find cheaper wine so everyone pays (insert amount twice as much as normal)."

There is always a way to find moderately priced wines, whether by buying them, buying tokens and making them yourself or buying materials and making them. Even worse are cases when you expect to get free wined run and only when you get to the cave you are informed of the price.

2) "Don't tell me what to do or I'll leave, I know how to play my class."

This usually happens when someone politely asks the cleric to heal instead of DD or the to DDs stop taking aggro. Then they leave halfway through the BH/FC.

3) "I have R9 stuff on all my chars so I know what I'm talking 'bout, so shut your mouth and do as I say."

"If you don't have R9 gear then no squad."

"Why don't you have a +10 weapon noob?"

Or anything similar. Why on earth do you think that just because you have spent hundreds of dollars on a game you are suddenly so pro and everyone else should do the same?

4) "You were afk so we kicked you, your fault."

So you expect me to sit still and do nothing but stare at my computer screen for 15 minutes while some cheapo flies from Archo to bh79 or FC cave, and when I say that I'm going afk for a moment and I'm not back the exact moment when the person arrives, I'm kicked? Yeah, that's precisely why I prefer to level up by grinding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

2) "Don't tell me what to do or I'll leave, I know how to play my class."

This usually happens when someone politely asks the cleric to heal instead of DD or the to DDs stop taking aggro. Then they leave halfway through the BH/FC.

3) "I have R9 stuff on all my chars so I know what I'm talking 'bout, so shut your mouth and do as I say."

"If you don't have R9 gear then no squad."

"Why don't you have a +10 weapon noob?"

Or anything similar. Why on earth do you think that just because you have spent hundreds of dollars on a game you are suddenly so pro and everyone else should do the same?

I sometimes have issues with number 2, on my bm with venos. I always ask the venos, if they don't mind if i use GS as a bm. Some get angry about it b:cry. All i want to know is a yes or no, if you say no, i will use mss, or some other skill, but no need to get angry, don't want to overwrite buffs b:sad. It doesn't help my case, that i can't remember what the skills are called that do pdef debuff for most classes. Fail bm i know b:surrender.

R9 usually costs 2~2.5 billion gold. At 1.6m gold, that is 1 250 gold to 1 500 gold, so basically $1 250 to $1 500 (number can be off), +10 the whole set, costs and equal amount, putting josd, vit stones, costs a similar amourn to. Basically looking at 2~6 thousand dollars per r9 character. If someone has that much money, and spending it on the game, and speaking ill of others, chances are they do not know how to play their class. People i know with r9+10~+12 vit/josd don't flaunt their gear, it's a personality thing. Avoid the ones who do.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Them asking me if I can heal when im on my veno
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

So you expect me to sit still and do nothing but stare at my computer screen for 15 minutes while some cheapo flies from Archo to bh79 or FC cave, and when I say that I'm going afk for a moment and I'm not back the exact moment when the person arrives, I'm kicked? Yeah, that's precisely why I prefer to level up by grinding.

Well, if you are gonna go afk, tell the team around how long you will be gone. Because i refuse to have someone who was afk for the run to just come in during the boss. and 15 min is kind of long... if you dont know how long you will be afk, than expect to be kicked. Also, if you are waiting for the team to find more people, check back to your computer every 5 min or so, that way you wont be afk for too long even if a new member came in right after you went afk.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Fuzzy doesn't want to hear squad mates continue to say the panda needs to go back to the forums and clear more junk out of the way. b:cry
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Well, if you are gonna go afk, tell the team around how long you will be gone. Because i refuse to have someone who was afk for the run to just come in during the boss. and 15 min is kind of long... if you dont know how long you will be afk, than expect to be kicked. Also, if you are waiting for the team to find more people, check back to your computer every 5 min or so, that way you wont be afk for too long even if a new member came in right after you went afk.

This, I tell the squad I'm gonna use this opportunity to grab a water. And then I afk for maybe 5 minutes tops. I hate it when people afk anymore than say 5 minutes because you should at least be checking in and not keeping people waiting. Also it usually takes people about 5-10 minutes to get there when they say that, which is why people dont' see the big deal in doing so even though that is 10 minutes your wasting of someone else's time to save the amount of coin i takes to grind in 2.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

Yep, totally your fault.
    Example: starting Warsong bh, trying to get everyone together, 3 of us inside 3 outside, one of the inside people has been afk since he got there and hasn't said a word. The lead dcd and the AFK guy got lead, so we're standing there, cant start the timer, can't reinvite the lead, the guy's not responding, so, we all leave squad and restart without him.

Don't go AFK without saying so.
    Don't go AFK for long stints at a time. A long stint would be any longer than 5 minutes IMO, since common things like bathroom/drink/smoke breaks take about that long.
    Things happen, but if you don't have the time or ability to be at least 90% present, do your BH some other time.
    This is why I always have some kind of reading material at my desk or something else I can do while at my computer waiting for something, so I can be "away" but "ready" right when everyone gets it together.
    It's just polite.

Coincidentally, the thing I don't want to hear my squadmates say right now is...
    "AFK"
    b:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy doesn't want to hear squad mates continue to say the panda needs to go back to the forums and clear more junk out of the way. b:cry

Then I guess the panda should make sure he checks the forums for spam threads before joining any squads. b:cuteb:chuckle

Of course, if they're mentioning the spam during the run, I'd have to wonder why they're reading the forums instead of paying attention to the run. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Then I guess the panda should make sure he checks the forums for spam threads before joining any squads. b:cuteb:chuckle

Of course, if they're mentioning the spam during the run, I'd have to wonder why they're reading the forums instead of paying attention to the run. b:avoid

Fly to Archo--> check forums/youtube--->pick up bh and teles---> get squad---> tell fuzzy to clean up mess

OR

Fly to Archo-->check forums/youtube-->pick up bh, check wc for squad--->tab out for 5 minutes and check forums--see if there is a wc squad now--->yell at fuzzy to clean up mess

How it would have went down if it were me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I don't like it when people say things like "stop talking, just go - I'm A) at work (and/or) B)need to leave." It is not our fault you can't manage your time adequately. If you don't have time for anything but a perfect run don't go. People like that ruin a normally fun experience for me.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    "Be right there, finishing morai."

This seems to always occur when forming the new BH for that day.
    edited September 2012
    Options
    "Be right there, finishing morai."

This seems to always occur when forming the new BH for that day.

Morai resets around the same time, and takes about 5 minutes to finish on a well geared toon. 95% of the time you can finish it before the squad is even finished forming, which is probably why you run into people who attempt to do so. You can avoid this usually by not doing BH so close to the reset.

And I personally like that better than those that stay quiet and pretend to be AFK when the squad is clearing. But who magically come back the second the squad talks about getting a new person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    And I personally like that better than those that stay quiet and pretend to be AFK when the squad is clearing. But who magically come back the second the squad talks about getting a new person.

I hate leeches :3 nuff said.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    " Daily BH is lunar "

NNNNOOOO---
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I don't like it when people say things like "stop talking, just go - I'm A) at work (and/or) B)need to leave." It is not our fault you can't manage your time adequately. If you don't have time for anything but a perfect run don't go. People like that ruin a normally fun experience for me.

This. So much. If you don't have the time, just don't join. Seriously, it's no fun >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    This. So much. If you don't have the time, just don't join. Seriously, it's no fun >_<

I boot people who do that. If they can't do it without rushing my squad then I don't want them in it period. The only exceptions I make are friends I know have crazy schedules or can get called away at any time.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

I admit to having been low on time and said so on a couple of runs, but not because the runs were slow. I like slow runs. My only problem has been when I join a BH, and we stand around for 20+ min waiting for some people to stop being afk and enter the instance. 5-10 minutes doesn't bother me much - I get that some people have to travel to pick up BH or finish in Morai or whatever. But joining and then afking for an extended period of time does get me impatient, especially for something like RB where we can't just start clearing.

Agreed. This happens far too often when I don't have lead, and the leader allows said afk person to stay even though they come back after it is cleared to boss. I personally cannot stand leeching, so if we get partway through I will start asking said person in squad chat if they are planning to join us. If I have lead and they don't answer by the time it is mostly cleared, they get booted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Very much agree. Love long runs where everything is fun.

LOATHE standing around waiting for people to do other stuff. Let's just, you know, START already.

Hurry up stragglers! Get your butts out of Morai and let's start the killings!

Things I don't want to hear squadmates say?
    "We need a Sin"
    "We need a seeker"

No, no you don't. Those classes didn't even used to EXIST. If you mean "we need more DD" then just say so; but with a very few exceptions (timed bosses) no, no we don't.

Stop whining and waiting fifteen minutes for a perfect squad that can finish the run quickly and just... start! The imperfect squad will finish before the annoying waiting game!
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    " Daily BH is lunar "

NNNNOOOO---

Yesterday I saw some barb on RT say "Barb LF free lunar" and something along the lines of hurry up and invite him because he didn't have much time.

Arrogance like that always gives me a good laugh.

"WTS *insert item* PM ME FAST!"
    "I want help with *whatever it is* PM ME FAST!"

PM you fast? Ok sure, let's all hop to it to do your bidding.b:bye

That's not referring to you personally btw, just the general *you* of the people who say stuff like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Morai resets around the same time, and takes about 5 minutes to finish on a well geared toon. 95% of the time you can finish it before the squad is even finished forming, which is probably why you run into people who attempt to do so. You can avoid this usually by not doing BH so close to the reset.

I'm aware of that and I agree with all of those points. Except it's never that simple. In my case, the squad is already formed and clearing the way to the bosses as long as the BH isn't Warsong or Delta, then we're just waiting and said person is still doing who knows what while we are waiting on them to finish whatever it is.

And unfortunately, doing BH so close to reset time is the only way to get it done at all. Cause it seems to be when you can only find Barb's online at that time when it changes over to SoT, Abaddon or Snake.