Things you don't want to hear your squadmates say

Options

Comments

• Eariala - Sanctuary
    Eariala - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Group healing IS fail at non-AoE boss unless 3 or more people go aggro ping pong.

If it's just a battle between 2 persons, no group heal is needed.

How to deal with these aggro pingpongers ->

1. IH the excepted tank -> IH for sure the strongest DD who has chances to get aggro -> keep IHing both if the strongest DD gets aggro
    2. IH tank, wellspring ready for the aggro stealer, then IH him/her if tank hasnt got aggro back
    3. BB

Enough said.

the problem is, in a lot of squads, nobody wants to try to be the tank on duty, so you have to guess who of the DD is going to be the target.... and stack some IH or wop on him/her

anther that... CHB is the only valid choice to use until you have any idea on who are really taking the aggro, or who are the 2 to 4 people pingponing like it's 10 olympic pingpong games in 1 minute. About the time you have any idea what to espect you are already done with a BH or at the last boss.

And what I personally hate are people who are about 2-3hit with buffs, constantly running off without buffs and being 1 shot the very next moment....
    and then start shouting "res"....

or or when you res them... don't buff atleast themselves but dive in the AoE eara atonce to be 1 or 2 shotted again and start their shouting again (while you are trying to keep the tankers charm alive)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    the problem is, in a lot of squads, nobody wants to try to be the tank on duty, so you have to guess who of the DD is going to be the target.... and stack some IH or wop on him/her

anther that... CHB is the only valid choice to use until you have any idea on who are really taking the aggro, or who are the 2 to 4 people pingponing like it's 10 olympic pingpong games in 1 minute. About the time you have any idea what to espect you are already done with a BH or at the last boss.

And what I personally hate are people who are about 2-3hit with buffs, constantly running off without buffs and being 1 shot the very next moment....
    and then start shouting "res"....

or or when you res them... don't buff atleast themselves but dive in the AoE eara atonce to be 1 or 2 shotted again and start their shouting again (while you are trying to keep the tankers charm alive)

Don't people figure out before hand who is tanking pole nob? When agro changes, they often do their aoe. So if people play agro ping pong game, it becomes really hard to cancel the aoes as a bm, because sins seems to be alien to cancelling skills. Sure it is not 100%, but still better than nothing.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

You could easily tell who's going to be the tank if you were slightly familiar with how damage is calculated. For example, every BH I go to, I check the gears of all the BMs and Sins for three things:
    1. If they have a comparable weapon damage to me
    2. If they have 5 aps
    3. If they have Jones' Blessing

From there I can draw some pretty decent estimates:
    Jones with 5 aps and +7 refine = Roughly what I got (As I don't use Jones)
    5 aps +7, no Jones < Less than me (As I'm 5 aps +10, no Jones)
    5 aps +10, no Jones = Roughly what I got (If BM, then less than me)

What I do with these estimates? Well, depending on which boss we're doing, it decides on how I play. For example, if it's Metal and I'm the highest DD, then I'll end up tanking, which means I should reserve my Genie for an emergency AD. If it's Abaddon and there's two or three DDs comparable to myself, then I will autoattack against the boss as it's likely to die instantly. If it's Abaddon and I'm the highest DD, I'll use skills and Chill of the Deep to let the barb tank.

At lower levels, any sin that tries to tank is pretty much screwed.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Sound advice by Olbaze, i also check the gear b:chuckle. If someone is close to my dd, but not quite there, i remove my blessing, and not spark, so they can tank and have the glory b:victory, and the repair bills, charm ticks b:thanks, in random squads. With friends, we know who gets agro depending on who is in squad, so no big issue.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yesterday in Metal BH, level 100 barb shows up and I see he is holding the level 50 General Summer dual hammers from supply stash. I wait awhile to see if he will change weapons. Finally I ask, do you have any other weapon? He links Scarlet Axes but then says he does not have enough str to use them. So I say ok, but you have something better than level 50 hammers, right? Something closer to your level? He doesn't speak English very well so says a few things I don't understand. I finally ask again if he only has level 50 hammers to use. He says yes, but he will be "tankier" with the hammers.

*facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Yesterday in Metal BH, level 100 barb shows up and I see he is holding the level 50 General Summer dual hammers from supply stash. I wait awhile to see if he will change weapons. Finally I ask, do you have any other weapon? He links Scarlet Axes but then says he does not have enough str to use them. So I say ok, but you have something better than level 50 hammers, right? Something closer to your level? He doesn't speak English very well so says a few things I don't understand. I finally ask again if he only has level 50 hammers to use. He says yes, but he will be "tankier" with the hammers.

*facepalm*

... A barb that sacrificed STR for VIT? b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

*facepalm*

What Olbaze said and its a good build for pullers and can hold aggro without OP DD's b:scorn
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    " Want me to bring a high lvl ** insert here ** !

>__< no, I dont want if the dungeon can be done without.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    You could easily tell who's going to be the tank if you were slightly familiar with how damage is calculated. For example, every BH I go to, I check the gears of all the BMs and Sins for three things:
    1. If they have a comparable weapon damage to me
    2. If they have 5 aps
    3. If they have Jones' Blessing

From there I can draw some pretty decent estimates:
    Jones with 5 aps and +7 refine = Roughly what I got (As I don't use Jones)
    5 aps +7, no Jones < Less than me (As I'm 5 aps +10, no Jones)
    5 aps +10, no Jones = Roughly what I got (If BM, then less than me)

What I do with these estimates? Well, depending on which boss we're doing, it decides on how I play. For example, if it's Metal and I'm the highest DD, then I'll end up tanking, which means I should reserve my Genie for an emergency AD. If it's Abaddon and there's two or three DDs comparable to myself, then I will autoattack against the boss as it's likely to die instantly. If it's Abaddon and I'm the highest DD, I'll use skills and Chill of the Deep to let the barb tank.

At lower levels, any sin that tries to tank is pretty much screwed.

whether im being a cleric or DD, i always check the tanks gear to make sure they can tank without much trouble. same thing goes if theres another cleric in squad with me to make sure who should do the healing and who should do either purify/group heals or keeping the tank alive. when it comes to picking a tank, its always better to determine the lvls as well as the gear so if one fails as a tank, the other can pick up the position without making things complicated. i mostly try and make sure i have a backup tank in case the main tank cant hold it which can happen with either pole or nob.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    "I got to lvl100 in 2 weeks"

So great...that means you have no idea how to play your class. b:angry
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    " I dont want to stack I want to lvl "

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    " I dont want to stack I want to lvl "

b:angry Please stack BHs, please. People are getting out of hand again with the "brb, gotta hand in." Especially with this super-cool idea of the Head Hunter at major cities. It is making 51 a nightmare. And 39, since it is close enough to Lost.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Necare - Harshlands
    Necare - Harshlands Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    b:angry Please stack BHs, please. People are getting out of hand again with the "brb, gotta hand in." Especially with this super-cool idea of the Head Hunter at major cities. It is making 51 a nightmare. And 39, since it is close enough to Lost.

At least the guys flying to 39/51 from Lost have a shorter route than the ones flying from Arch.

Hearing any class doing **** statements about something and being completely wrong, for example "Flesh Ream is bad" or "Blessing of the Purehearted is better than Ironheart Blessing".
    Once upon a time I was stuck in Hall of Deception.
    The Devs felt sorry for me having to smash lowbies all day, so they decided to promote me.
    I then rerolled a Psychic.
  • Cbean - Harshlands
    Cbean - Harshlands Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

when i was still doing bh 39, i ran it 5 times w/ 5 diff squads b/c i didnt know how 2 stack lol

pet peeve: offering spark 2 tank/DD and then having EVERY1 in squad ask 4 spark every 5 secs

2 healers in squad, 1 (me) saves squad and barb/leader says ty 4 saving us, good job, and other 1 is like, oh np its just my job, and im like WTF?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    cbean [cbean]
    noun (see-bee-n)
    1. the shortened term for coffee beans, or the technical term for a group of them
    2. an energetic lively individual
    3. slowest active lvler in the history of PWI
    also, more to make myself feel better than anything else, I would like to point out that I am lvl 70
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    At least the guys flying to 39/51 from Lost have a shorter route than the ones flying from Arch.

Hearing any class doing **** statements about something and being completely wrong, for example "Flesh Ream is bad" or "Blessing of the Purehearted is better than Ironheart Blessing".

Yes, the guy flying from Arch to 51 made me sob a little, especially since he missed Fushma. But besides that...

I had a cleric in Frozen Frostland use Blessing of the Purehearted on the tank. Only. I was on my archer and just had to get up and go hug someone. It was too much, really.

Here's a funny one (from FF):
    Other archer in squad: "I'm a pure-fist archer."
    Me (on my archer): "So you don't like your bow?"
    Other archer: "I use my fists."
    *facedesk*
    She was only pulling out her bow for harpies and Screamer.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • ladyalmond
    ladyalmond Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    People who choose a wep not because it's their recommended one for their class, but because of it's "power" and "coolness".

Archer with axes. BM's with pataka. Clerics wielding NON-magic swords. Yes, I've seen this and much more.

And most of them p-leveled. (beats head on wall).
  • nessygurl
    nessygurl Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Last week i did a caster and we had 2 clerics so i told the other mystic to stop using beffuding creeper since cleric elemental seal (magic debuff) is better and the ''pro'' wizz 101 said ''The debuff is not better cause the class it goes with your gears, more you have better gears more the debuff is better'' .... great example of power leveling.

From a cleric: ''I don't have mp pots, if someone don't give me some i don't heal''... serisouly? I can understand someone forget to check if enough mp pots or forget to take some, but there's a way to ask it more nicely.

From a venomancer red name: ''Put your squad protection on so you don't kill me with AoE''.... We tried during 5 minutes to explain her that we cannot kill people in our squad (we wasn't in AeU) and she was still saying to put squad protection on...<- again a great example of power leveling.

From a venomancer you ask to lure: ''Sorry i don't have pet'' ... lvl 100 veno no pet... pro... use tame at least, ''Oh really? that work?'' ....zzz i'm not veno and i know it work, how the **** you don't know it.

When we ask a cleric to BB and he answer ''No need'' than 30 seconds later everyone is dead including the cleric.... zzz when people ask you to BB for a pull there's a reason.

So yea in resume i don't wanna hear that people don't know the stuff about their class or people that don't listen, from a squad lvl100+ i expect people to be good and know what they doing and know the game.

OMG! IKR!!!!!!! +1 know your freaken classes people! DO QUESTS AND LEARN >.< b:angry b:laugh b:surrender
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "I got to lvl100 in 2 weeks"

So great...that means you have no idea how to play your class. b:angry

Can you give me their address? I will bake them 2 cakes for each of my character they level to 100 b:victory.

People create the big fuss about FCC, but lvling alts in FCC is a very painful experience b:cry, most of us don't even do fcc on our mains, just enough to clear. Now if the bosses dropped those mats b:dirty, i would do this endlessly, some nifty things you can make there and if the tm was implented b:victory But we digress from the main point here.

I had this thread in my book marks when i was lvling, because i was noob at stacking, or some similar topic. Because of not stacking i do not help bh 59 even if it is wined.
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I was in BH wave2 and 3 last night and squad was set up quite decently - We had BM, Cleric, Archer, Seeker, Barb and Sin

After like the 3rd round of attacks from wave 1, we asked the archer to just pick off the straggling mobs that is outside of vortex and then assist on big group with Barrage

Archer was lvl 101 - "She" squad chatted back - What is Barrage b:shocked *doublefacepalm

Anyway after shocks and emoticons showing our shock passed, the barb explained to her what it was.

Archer lvl 101 - O sorry I have not learned that skill yet........... OMG !!!!!

X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ''I know how to play my class''

a.k.a. ''I don't know how to play my class but my head is too far up my *** to admit it.''
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Archer lvl 101 - O sorry I have not learned that skill yet........... OMG !!!!!

X

Damn, and BoA is one of those skills one might level a toon exclusively for. Like wizard's ultis, bm's HF and seeker's vortex.
  • whiskerzz87
    whiskerzz87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i hate it when some one is in my squad and they belong to XBushidoX, everytime they act like noobs and _LadySimi_ is a scam artist, she conned me out of several thousand herbs and chi pots....just h8 being in a squad with them, nothing but hackers
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    i hate it when some one is in my squad and they belong to (removed), everytime they act like noobs and (removed) is a scam artist, she conned me out of several thousand herbs and chi pots....just h8 being in a squad with them, nothing but hackers

Naming and shaming is not allowed. And how does one get "conned out of several thousand herbs and chi pots," I mean did you give her several thousand all at once. Or did they continuously keep putting off paying you but you kept giving them all your pots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ''I know how to play my class''

a.k.a. ''I don't know how to play my class but my head is too far up my *** to admit it.''

This +Infinity.

Almost every time I hear that, it's from the idiot who has X amount of 100+ characters with R8 or R9 or whatever and they're always the idiot **** the squad over by doing stupid ****.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    This +Infinity.

Almost every time I hear that, it's from the idiot who has X amount of 100+ characters with R8 or R9 or whatever and they're always the idiot **** the squad over by doing stupid ****.

So true. Although I also hear it from clerics when DDs/Tanks give them terrible instructions, because they get that so often. I said that once for example, to a tank who kept insisting I BB at pole. ::facepalm:: Granted it was long ago, but it's some of the worst piece of advice I've ever got.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    So true. Although I also hear it from clerics when DDs/Tanks give them terrible instructions, because they get that so often. I said that once for example, to a tank who kept insisting I BB at pole. ::facepalm:: Granted it was long ago, but it's some of the worst piece of advice I've ever got.

Well, the thing is, a lot of these "advice givers" probably do not play the class in question.

For someone who's never played a cleric, knowledge of which boss happens to interrupt BB isn't really a priority. Most tanks only know that BB gives a constant heal and a hefty reduction to the damage that they take. Because let's face it, if IH gave a 50% damage reduction, you would see people using that instead.

The same thing is true for barbs, though. I've seen tons of barbs who just run into a group of mobs and run back, usually resulting in unnecessary deaths, all because they do not know about heal aggro. This actually makes sense, though, since the whole "barb pulls to BB" thing is very uncommon outside of FCC and BH100. For someone who's never done FCC and has gotten to 100, it's very possible that they've missed the idea behind heal aggro. After all, if you don't know about it, then a cleric stacking IH on you before you pull just kinda looks like stacking heals on you so that you don't get hit while pulling the mobs together, rather than it being heals for when you're busy roaring the mobs.

One of the reasons I personally chose to play DDs instead of healers or tanks was because of this kind of experience-related knowledge. As an Archer or an Assassin, I really don't need to know which boss can be interrupted and which boss uses a debuff or such. Of course, that knowledge will make things easier for everyone, but it's not a requirement. Similarly, that knowledge will make soloing the same stuff easier. Hell, I only recently found out that you can sleep/stun/silence Blackhole Devourer and I only learned that you can interrupt the debuff of Torturess Venerator when I first tried soloing BH Seat.
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well, the thing is, a lot of these "advice givers" probably do not play the class in question.

For someone who's never played a cleric, knowledge of which boss happens to interrupt BB isn't really a priority. Most tanks only know that BB gives a constant heal and a hefty reduction to the damage that they take. Because let's face it, if IH gave a 50% damage reduction, you would see people using that instead.

The same thing is true for barbs, though. I've seen tons of barbs who just run into a group of mobs and run back, usually resulting in unnecessary deaths, all because they do not know about heal aggro. This actually makes sense, though, since the whole "barb pulls to BB" thing is very uncommon outside of FCC and BH100. For someone who's never done FCC and has gotten to 100, it's very possible that they've missed the idea behind heal aggro. After all, if you don't know about it, then a cleric stacking IH on you before you pull just kinda looks like stacking heals on you so that you don't get hit while pulling the mobs together, rather than it being heals for when you're busy roaring the mobs.

One of the reasons I personally chose to play DDs instead of healers or tanks was because of this kind of experience-related knowledge. As an Archer or an Assassin, I really don't need to know which boss can be interrupted and which boss uses a debuff or such. Of course, that knowledge will make things easier for everyone, but it's not a requirement. Similarly, that knowledge will make soloing the same stuff easier. Hell, I only recently found out that you can sleep/stun/silence Blackhole Devourer and I only learned that you can interrupt the debuff of Torturess Venerator when I first tried soloing BH Seat.

True. But if you don't know how it all works because you're new, you should be taking advice not giving it. If you've never been to 69 as a tank, you should be asking which bosses do what. If you aren't new to tanking 69, then you should know better. And a tank should know that clerics can purify debuffs off of them and that they can't do anything else while in BB. Just like I know that barbs are good at tanking groups, even if I can't give them the exact skill chain they should be using to do so because my barb isn't that level range yet. You should have a basic knowledge of that teamplay if you're going to be either of those two classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That's a fair enough point. I'm not sure if it's because of how I am or the fact I play every class, but I do try my best to know as much about each class and boss as possible when I get the chance.

Edit: Totally agree with Venus. Tanks and healers should try to learn as much about each other as possible if for no other reason than they rely on each other a great deal and it benefits both to know the other class well.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ... A barb that sacrificed STR for VIT? b:cute

I would have said that was a possibility... except then I would have expected him to have more than 14-15k HP buffed/tiger. Heck my barb has 21k with mediocre refines and he can use axes his level. I guess he was probably putting dex in for claws, though the only claws he pulled out were also very low level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    " Why you don't use human form? "

.. Yeah, I'm a demon barb, why I SHOULD use human form when not buffing?