Damascene Ores

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Not too sure about the Chien transfer rate, and I appreciate it a lot Aziz, but I highly doubt, like Vicious, that Valk will sell such rare trial mats outside of the faction. If you can point me to a Marshal or above then I can try ;D

It would be nice to get somewhere along the reshaping stage. b:cry

And @Yudai I agree with that statement so much. That would be the best option in my opinion to bring Damascenes and Hapatizons into the public.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well I'm considering recasting my R8 dag to get a lil more out of it. But its +7....and err...that took a lot to get too lol

With these crappy refine sales that pwi seems to love I'm not going to re-refine anytime soon :( *Plus it was a bday gift from teh wifey lol*

Ummm....I'll pm u in game when one of them are online...apparently only the director SupremeMiMi and the leader Himeyuri have any say over the valk bank...so I'll let u knw when either of them are on :D

Honestly beside being a Skai fanboy <.< I really wana see someone get somewhere with recasting...guess it'll give me some hope for GoF + M.patk x2 on my dagz!
    (Yes i know most ppl want -int, but i LOVE spike dmg esp in tw)
  • Brony - Raging Tide
    Brony - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The spike damage is lovely.

And thanks a bunch Aziz. I just want to have recast r8 gear that I can actually use. And about recasting, you could just buy a new set of daggers to recast and keep your old ones. That's what I did with my recast r8.

/alt
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I still say damascene shouldn't be much more then 5m a piece meh...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    The most logical solution would be to put them in as possible rewards in Arcanum Treasure. Or to make it even fairer, put it only in the Arcanum Treasures from Trials 5-9.

I just want to reshape more often D:
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The most logical solution would be to put them in as possible rewards in Arcanum Treasure. Or to make it even fairer, put it only in the Arcanum Treasures from Trials 5-9.

I just want to reshape more often D:

+1 im tired w this reshape weapon cause of hard to get the mats. tbh if we calculate the cost to get the stat that we satisfied maybe more expensive compare than rank 9 itself b:bye
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    @Bunga Well the same can be said about 2nd cast nirvy weapon. But at least we can keep reforging the 2nd cast weapon's stats on a daily, or even hourly, basis, unlike recast r8, which is once every 3 months.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I will also ask Hime on Skai's behalf if he promises to keep his daggers away from me when he sees me in the cube. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    :D I shall!

I just wonder if any ideas have been passed to higher ups by now.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I do not believe it is possible to transfer anything over to the new recast r8 gear. I cannot recall where I read it, nor if that's accurate, but it sticks out in my mind.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Oh I meant if the idea of making Damascenes more publicly available to the world.

If you're talking about stats, no, r8 recast wipes the stats of the r8 previously. You can keep sockets, refines, and gems by using Chienken stones when you recast. But be warned that all r8 recast gear comes out as 4 sockets, so there's no need to save sockets if you have 3. The only reason would be if you had vit stones.
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    QQ im poor now from buying Ores.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • Marlenee - Sanctuary
    Marlenee - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Those ores aren't impossible to get , u have a point they are rare .

but i'm sure ur faction have done over 70 trials till now . Ask them where the drops .

Damacene ores aren't bounded except if who holding them opens it .

ores aren't tied to someone with a faction or without .

and for ur tries to get 5 aps with r9 , i tell u something . This is nearlly impossible .

Chest have 1/800 chance to get 2 intervals -0.05 Which costs 40mil x800 =32bil coins .

foot have 1/256 chance to get the 1 interval -0.05 Which costs 40mx256 =10bil

That's a total of 42bil coins , That's if u able to get that big amount of Ores , Whetstones .

• gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Those ores aren't impossible to get , u have a point they are rare .

but i'm sure ur faction have done over 70 trials till now . Ask them where the drops .

Damacene ores aren't bounded except if who holding them opens it .

ores aren't tied to someone with a faction or without .

and for ur tries to get 5 aps with r9 , i tell u something . This is nearlly impossible .

Chest have 1/800 chance to get 2 intervals -0.05 Which costs 40mil x800 =32bil coins .

foot have 1/256 chance to get the 1 interval -0.05 Which costs 40mx256 =10bil

That's a total of 42bil coins , That's if u able to get that big amount of Ores , Whetstones .

on lc server there r already a view ppl with -0.1int on R8r chest, at least 2 of them got it 1st 1-2 months after release and had even not to reshape to get it (maybe it was a promo from pwe management to make the other jelous so they spent billions of coins to get it too lol).
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Nearly impossible? Yes.

A goal? Yes.

I love my sin too much, so striving to become something that's never been done is enough to get me going on this route. Getting the boots alone with -int allows me to change up gear. I already got all of the shards for my new gear, and I already got the recasted pieces refined to +7 each. All that's left is recasting and +10ing them.

Sure it'll take a while, but Bellefleurs already demonstrated that it's possible to get lucky with reshaping. I know she didn't reshape that many times because Damascenes are so difficult to get. And her last reshape that's her last gave her amazing stats.

She has a recast r8 bow, and the stats are something like Spirit Blackhole, +dex, +p def, and others that only benefit her a lot. And it's 100% unique. No one else has a bow like that. Sure R9 is better, but getting something that's somewhat cheaper, but also completely unique, is something a few of us strive for.

She could post a screenshot, but I'm just saying, that's more motivation for me to continue trying to get Damascenes and reshape.

And about the 70 trials. 70 trials/9 = 7 full trials x 3 (Trials 7-9 only drop Damascenes, if I remember right) = 21 x 3 (3 Damascenes dropped per boss) = 63 Damascenes + ((21 * 10% * 8) = ~16) = 79 total Damascenes to share among 150+ members. Yeah, totally good numbers.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Nearly impossible? Yes.

A goal? Yes.

I love my sin too much, so striving to become something that's never been done is enough to get me going on this route. Getting the boots alone with -int allows me to change up gear. I already got all of the shards for my new gear, and I already got the recasted pieces refined to +7 each. All that's left is recasting and +10ing them.

Sure it'll take a while, but Bellefleurs already demonstrated that it's possible to get lucky with reshaping. I know she didn't reshape that many times because Damascenes are so difficult to get. And her last reshape that's her last gave her amazing stats.

She has a recast r8 bow, and the stats are something like Spirit Blackhole, +dex, +p def, and others that only benefit her a lot. And it's 100% unique. No one else has a bow like that. Sure R9 is better, but getting something that's somewhat cheaper, but also completely unique, is something a few of us strive for.

She could post a screenshot, but I'm just saying, that's more motivation for me to continue trying to get Damascenes and reshape.

And about the 70 trials. 70 trials/9 = 7 full trials x 3 (Trials 7-9 only drop Damascenes, if I remember right) = 21 x 3 (3 Damascenes dropped per boss) = 63 Damascenes + ((21 * 10% * 8) = ~16) = 79 total Damascenes to share among 150+ members. Yeah, totally good numbers.

There is nothing really extraoridinary about that bow's roll. Every single stat on the bow is like 40 times more common than -interval. http://i43.tinypic.com/8wz1hs.jpg

When your only measure of value is the amount of interval on your recasted R8 you are not going to be very satisfied with how it goes. Looking at the rates that is pretty much by design.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited March 2012
    So that means R8 recast is guaranteed 2 sockets on weapon's as well? See the thing is IF i somehow manage to get a nice roll I'd want the +7 i already have on my dagz to transfer over o.o

btw is the increase in wep grade from g14 (wep) to g15 a big impact on the refine rate?

if not then it'd pretty much suck q.q
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    So that means R8 recast is guaranteed 2 sockets on weapon's as well? See the thing is IF i somehow manage to get a nice roll I'd want the +7 i already have on my dagz to transfer over o.o

btw is the increase in wep grade from g14 (wep) to g15 a big impact on the refine rate?

if not then it'd pretty much suck q.q

refines
    G15 Daggers of the Ocean: Eon :
    refine lvl and phys att+
    1: +21
    2: +42
    3: +64
    4: +90
    5: +120
    6: +158
    7: +208
    8: +273
    9: +358
    10: +468
    11: +609
    12: +787

G14 Ocean Supreme Dagger :
    1: +19
    2: +38
    3: +57
    4: +81
    5: +108
    6: +143
    7: +189
    8: +247
    9: +323
    10: +423
    11: +551
    12: +712
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Well, having all of those stats relevant to the archer is quite nice.

Even if it's not pretty, there's really not much else to strive for in the game that I'm interested in. One can at least try, right?

I just wish PWI would let me try more often than once every 2-3 months, as that seems to be the going rate for me right now.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Well, having all of those stats relevant to the archer is quite nice.

Even if it's not pretty, there's really not much else to strive for in the game that I'm interested in. One can at least try, right?

I just wish PWI would let me try more often than once every 2-3 months, as that seems to be the going rate for me right now.

Prayers answered?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34502

coming soon we hope? or hope not, as it would have a pretty negative effect on nirvana
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Prayers answered?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34502

coming soon we hope? or hope not, as it would have a pretty negative effect on nirvana

Already brought up, and no due to the packs it comes in wrecking the economy hardcore.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    idk not impossible to get, my faction was selling them in house for 5 mil, and i bought 3 yesterday for 10 mil each.

And as for bells bow yes nothing extraordinary about, she should have left first cast which was also purge i think.

Its good to have stuff in game that is hard to acquire, this does look to be the bottleneck in rank 8.5 gear. You can always buy another rank 8 wep armor and first cast it again.

Its my dream to get a 100/100 genie
    Its my dream to get a giant bunny rabbit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    @Man But that also costs quite a bit to make a new one. And both of your dreams is all about luck. (Though the easy rider pack sale heroic check promotion can give you a giant bunny). What I'm discussing is not the luck part of reshaping, but actually getting the mats, which is as you said, the bottleneck of rank 8.5
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    _Ultima_ - Lothranis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    guys i will say it here once again...

if you check the last "recast forge", the one who has the Trade window... there is already this quest http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/recipe/5219 in the "Dark" window of the forge...

too bad the item eye of darkness doesn't exist in game and seems even it has nothing to do with recast gear (treasure map mat -> morai gear)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    @Ultima I guess you did not read the thread, or even the first post.
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited March 2012
    this is what i am talking about...:

20120323004448.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    What I meant was, you did not read my first post, where I obviously already stated what you are talking about, quoted below:

Not only that, but not all factions have a faction base. Not all factions have the head count and power to do trials 5-9. But one thing that did bring attention to my eye is this thread, which focuses on the NPC "Aurora Agent".

Now on the 4th post you can see the GM Genotypist make a post about the NPC. I know for obvious reasons why it's not a good idea to implement such a NPC to PWI. Sure it would make CSing a very tempting thing to do and would bring forth a lot of money to PWI, but it would utterly destroy the PWI economy even further than it has already. Even our fellow GM stated that in the post. They realize the state of the economy on most servers.

But what I want to ask is, is there any way to make these a bit more probable to obtain? Something like altering the NPC such that it doesn't reward such a flow of Nirvana Crystals or flyers or whatnot? It's easy to go farming to reforge Nirvana gear, but it's next to impossible (on a time rate) to farm Damascene Ores to reshape. It's not about the cost of anything, it's just the supply that I notice that seems to be the problem.

I hope you all read the whole post, and that some GM would shed light upon this topic. Rank 8 recast has been out for quite a while, and obtaining only one Damascene Ore via non-faction over the course of 3 months of daily searching is just crazy to think about.

-Skai

We all know that the Damascene ore can be "forged", or manufactured, in the Engravings forge next to the faction base manager with 398 tokens of luck and an Eye of Darkness. And we all know that the Eye of Darkness can only be obtained from the Aurora Agent NPC, which is not implemented in our game yet. It's in the game files, but it's not implemented. But the NPC has been a big controversy on whether it should be brought into the game or not because of how it would impact the already dying economy in each server.

The market here is a lot different than the market in PW China, which is where we get our updates from. They have this NPC in the game because their economy is a lot different than ours. They have a lot less R9's than us, and so forth. The big thing about this NPC is that it costs 20 tokens to take the quest it offers, and the most common reward is an Uncanny Crystal. So with Uncannies being around 350k each on my server, you'll be making profit regardless of what item you get.

And the Eye of Darkness is one of the items you can "win" from the AA. And tokens can't rise that much, or else the gap of loss per gamble of pack would be smaller, which would force gold to rise higher in order to maintain the risk price. If you don't understand this, it's something like this:

Tokens are 12k each. 20 tokens x 12k each = 240k per try at the AA. With cannies being 300-350k each, they would plummet to 200-225k per, which would **** up the Nirvana market. No one would farm Nirvana anymore. It would be all token spam and csing for tokens.

If tokens instead reach 16-17k each, then 20 tokens x 16.5k = 330k, which would maintain the average canny price, but it would forever keep it that way. That would also **** up the Nirvana market, as well as the pack market. With tokens that high and at the moment Sunshine packs are going for 450k each as the merchant sell price, opening a pack that mainly yields 15 tokens would mean you only lose 200k per pack you open. That would opt for more people opening packs because the risk factor is so low.

And that's just with AA's lowest reward. The next most common (other than the Eye of Darkness) is a Rapture Crystal. With the same reasons as above, since there is absolutely -no- risk of losing anything "gambling" with the Aurora Agent, Raptures would be a huge profit to anyone who has tokens. That would virtually destroy the Nirvana market and the price of Raptures. Raptures are only that high-priced because they're only obtainable from the final boss in a typical nirvy run.

Making a means to be able to "cs" raptures and cannies would destroy the economy more than it already has been. You can read it in the link to the post with the GM response in it. Even he knows that the economies across the servers are in pretty bad shape.

So please at least read the first post of the thread before commenting about something that's already been addressed multiple times.
  • _Ultima_ - Lothranis
    edited March 2012
    well prolly u stated that but my english is not perfect so i did not get :D

anyway i think imho they should replace that eye of darkness item in forge with something that has to do with trials, like a plat\ori\hepa ore or just remove it and let it be crafted with 398 tokens...

you guys have the luck of playing in a good player based server just think of us poor guys in lothranis that actually have no factions able to go over trial 3 (my fact and other 2 did reach trial 9 in past but now many factor people quitted :<)

we deserve\demand a better way to get damascene's, i mean r8 recast reforge thing is a not accessible content in my server :D
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Exactly. I would love if these ores were made more available like the other ores. But I guess not since no higher ups shed light on this thread since it was made.

Sigh.
    edited March 2012
    Much easier way would be to adjust the drop rate of the ores from the lil box thingy u get at the end of each trial.

Normally I would argue against increasing stuff like that since it'd make it easy to obtain an op piece of gear, but I mean come on, the odds of getting anything remotely close to good adds on R8 recast are so low even with Dama ores available I'm sure i'd be a pain in the **** getting good recast adds.

Heck even the "perfect" nirvana dagz are still pretty rare and raps are easy enough to farm o.O

Question though, does double drops affect the stuff that drops from trial bosses?