Damascene Ores

14567810»

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've seen people try to sell Damascenes for 30-35m each on my server, and only one or two at that. That's already 100m+ to just reshape once.

So it's definitely cheaper to just reforge from scratch, but even as a cash shopper, 90-100m per reshape is a bit costly.

In comparison, Nirvana weapon reforging is round 7.7m (7 Raptures at 1.1m each) per reforge, and Nirvana armor 570k (2 Cannies at 285k each) per reforge.

Quite the difference in pricing at the moment. I mean, I don't think Raptures ever were 12m each when they came out, or cannies being 48m each. At least they were farmable as a squad instead of a faction.

30-35m o.o'

Been buying them for 15-17m on Dreamweaver. Re-rolled 3 times no luck. 5 down god knows how many more to go.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    My stupid server is like 70% sins and sins are kinda bad in trials so not many do them :(

Rofl. It's like trying to do RB BH in my server.

!@ LFM FOR BH RB PM Me!

Reply1: sin
    Reply 2: 5.0 sin
    Reply 3: need a sin?
    Reply 4: OMG NO WAI BARB?! joking Im a sin
    Reply 5: (an actual class you want)
    Reply 6: got room for a sin?
    etc etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    30-35m o.o'

Been buying them for 15-17m on Dreamweaver. Re-rolled 3 times no luck. 5 down god knows how many more to go.

Yeah. I got a PM from a random person asking if I wanted to buy a Damascene, and I said "10m?", and he said "ROFL LOL no 35m". After a bit of explaining, he said "30m?"

-.-

And @Kerona It seems like the main problem is that even if there is a big faction together on a server that farms trials with ease, they -won't- sell it outside of their faction. At least that's how its been on Raging Tides. I spoke to the leaders/directors/marshals of the top factions on Raging Tides about possibly buying some Damascenes from them, and every. single. one. of. them. said that they don't sell outside of the faction.

And the main problem with my current faction is the lack of people getting on anymore. Sure we're dominating as the best TW faction, but from what I've collected, a good 75% of my faction is only on for TW, then they get off.

But that might be because of the next problem I'm addressing, which is time zones.

Then again I'm just complaining and not really proving a point.

This thread will be here just in case someone with a higher voice can let the devs know.

I mean, I'm all for paying 10m per Damascene. Would be nice if anyone actually sold any.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah. I got a PM from a random person asking if I wanted to buy a Damascene, and I said "10m?", and he said "ROFL LOL no 35m". After a bit of explaining, he said "30m?"

-.-

And @Kerona It seems like the main problem is that even if there is a big faction together on a server that farms trials with ease, they -won't- sell it outside of their faction. At least that's how its been on Raging Tides. I spoke to the leaders/directors/marshals of the top factions on Raging Tides about possibly buying some Damascenes from them, and every. single. one. of. them. said that they don't sell outside of the faction.

And the main problem with my current faction is the lack of people getting on anymore. Sure we're dominating as the best TW faction, but from what I've collected, a good 75% of my faction is only on for TW, then they get off.

But that might be because of the next problem I'm addressing, which is time zones.

Then again I'm just complaining and not really proving a point.

This thread will be here just in case someone with a higher voice can let the devs know.

I mean, I'm all for paying 10m per Damascene. Would be nice if anyone actually sold any.

Pretty much this...My faction has what it takes to get to trial 8 at LEAST, but our attendance sucks until TW comes up...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have been in top facs on RT. I have done trials once since they were released.

Why only once you ask;

1. No on seems interested in doing it
    2. When i did do it, it cost me a repair bill and pots, plus i used some of my precious charm, it took hours and at the end of it, i got nothing.

What's my motivation?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have been in top facs on RT. I have done trials once since they were released.

Why only once you ask;

1. No on seems interested in doing it
    2. When i did do it, it cost me a repair bill and pots, plus i used some of my precious charm, it took hours and at the end of it, i got nothing.

What's my motivation?

My guess, you're doing it wrong.

I earn plenty while doing Trials. Last time I ran the numbers, a reward box had an average value of over 1m. In addition, my faction's distribution system doles out 2 credits per 1st set run, 4 per 2nd set, and 6 for a 3rd set run. These credits are worth 300-500k each when selling the acquired mats.

A first set Trial, which takes about an hour to complete, earns the equivalent value of 5-6 Uncanny Crystals on average. This compares favorably to high speed Nirvana runs.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2012

I earn plenty while doing Trials. Last time I ran the numbers, a reward box had an average value of over 1m. In addition, my faction's distribution system doles out 2 credits per 1st set run, 4 per 2nd set, and 6 for a 3rd set run. These credits are worth 300-500k each when selling the acquired mats.

A first set Trial, which takes about an hour to complete, earns the equivalent value of 5-6 Uncanny Crystals on average. This compares favorably to high speed Nirvana runs.

the mats go to... pay everyone who came...?

*looks at fac leader* i was never even paid for TW, even though i know i could have been paid... didn't want to bring it up, hell TW is fun and i can live without a payment... but b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    the mats go to... pay everyone who came...?

*looks at fac leader* i was never even paid for TW, even though i know i could have been paid... didn't want to bring it up, hell TW is fun and i can live without a payment... but b:shutup

Faction drops from bosses and Treasure Chests go to a community pot. One cashes in credits to withdraw from the pot.

If your leader isn't distributing the faction drops to those who attend, no wonder attendance is lacking.
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2012

That's basically how my faction does it too. Instead of giving credit toward mats we sell mats at about half the going rate to faction members, then divide that coin between everyone who participated based on the number of trials attended. Every 2 weeks mats are made available for sale and pay goes out for the last 2 weeks worth of mats. Most people who come don't have plans to reforge r8 gear, so that helps cover their costs.

We usually only make it through the first set or a little into the 2nd every week, but we have lots of people who just come for tw, and lots in different time zones. We've figured out how to do most trials with 15-20 people at most, with very little charm cost for most people. It amazes me how many people give up after one bad attempt at one trial, but apparently if it's at all challenging then it's "not worth it."

And that jive about sins sucking in trials doesn't fly with me. Sure, a few trials require high AOE DD output, a few..... but they all have bosses with epic huge HP. We failed trial 9 once, because we couldn't find any high aps people willing to come; we had a ton of AOE, cleared the mob wave in plenty of time but couldn't kill the boss in more than 20 minutes (once it killed a few of our harder hitting people and they had to go re-take gods blessing to deal effective damage, costing several minutes; sins and other aps users don't need gods blessing to continue dealing damage).

Trial 1 is easy, can be done by a squad of only sins or even soloed with enough time. Trial 2 can be done by 2-4 people in 2 hours, or 4-8 people in 1 hour (depending on gear). Trial 3 requires about 9-12 people. Trial 4 we've done with as few as 14. With enough patience and the right gear, 5 and 6 could even be soloed, and 7 could be done by one squad. Trial 8 takes at least one decent squad. With the right class balance even trial 9 can be completed with under 20 people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    I've pressured my faction into getting past trial 4 for once, there's a chance we will, but we've never tried trial 4 so we don't know if we even have enough magic DD...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've pressured my faction into getting past trial 4 for once, there's a chance we will, but we've never tried trial 4 so we don't know if we even have enough magic DD...

1 wizzy, 3 seekers. You're good. get a butt ton of aps to kill those totems. if you get the other 3 and leave the phys immune for last. You can take all the time you need if you pwn the first three efficiently. We did it in Vindi with limited activity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    I just wish more people got on in my faction. :( Over the months it has been dwindling.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2012

If you haven't already tried, having archers use STA and bloodvow on those Totems can make a huge difference. And a mystic to place pet defense buffs on the NPC in the middle. From what I've seen done, a squad of 10-15 very well geared chars will have no problem passing this trial. For average geared...15-20 non rank 9 chars is very doable.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    1 wizzy, 3 seekers. You're good. get a butt ton of aps to kill those totems. if you get the other 3 and leave the phys immune for last. You can take all the time you need if you pwn the first three efficiently. We did it in Vindi with limited activity.

How do you setup? We don't have many seekers so it's our archers who do the brunt. A BoA targeting Coldmist hits all 4 totems.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    We ended up not doing trial four QQ
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    lol first world problems..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I wish I read this beforehand. I just noticed after casting my R8 top that it'd take almost as much coin to reroll it. This is pretty silly how expensive and rare these ores are. Fortunately I got decent adds, but really it shouldn't be this bad.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I wish I read this beforehand. I just noticed after casting my R8 top that it'd take almost as much coin to reroll it. This is pretty silly how expensive and rare these ores are. Fortunately I got decent adds, but really it shouldn't be this bad.

welcome to the Perfect World
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    I have 2 things I'd like to recast and at this point I'd be willing to pay for it since I still have a good chunk of tax money and I'm kind of a sucker. I sure do hope we get a better way to get these...
    lol first world problems..

Touche
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    At this point getting any good stats on my r8r would be swell, regardless of if I get -int or not. Top and legs have decent enough stats, so all that's left is boots at least.

The lack of Damascenes is strong with this one.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    I demand we keep this thread alive D: Maybe I should r9 my archer and get in a faction for trials...

better yet, why don't I refuse to r9 anything until I can get Damascene Ores?

No wait...

Same price for this
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I demand we keep this thread alive D: Maybe I should r9 my archer and get in a faction for trials...

better yet, why don't I refuse to r9 anything until I can get Damascene Ores?

No wait...

Same price for this

rofl you need to change that cat to a pony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    rofl you need to change that cat to a pony

Couldn't find a good one o.o
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Looks like my prayers have been answered?
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Be careful what you wish for
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, I'm not too excited for 20k+ token prices due to the rush.

Inflation in all areas will happen.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    I heard from someone this would be happening early, so I stocked up early...

Already rerolled 3 things and have more Eyes of Darkness

I had:
    http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/Squee251/failaxe.jpg

I rerolled:
    http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/Squee251/newaxe.jpg